DCEU Appreciation & Hope Thread!

>Post your favorite parts/scenes/aspects of Mos & Bvs
>Post what you like so far about future films.
>Post what you are most excited about.
>Post concept/story/casting ideas you have.
Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hx6ZZQesMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a question and hope. I hope that in some way Jon-El is in this. Either as a last scene in the final movie similar to the sed off to Paul Walker in Furious7.
But if that happens would he face the same problems as nu52 Jon-El and be generically unstable?

The DEPRESSING montage of Superman saving people and the hypocritical scene of Supes telling Bats to not be a vigilante and doesn't support vigilantism, even though that's what he is.

My favorite scenes are...
>"Krypton had its chance" extremely powerful tragic moment. Music was perfect. Shot of the scout ship banking down towards the city was really well done cgi-wise, you really feel like Lois is right on the edge of the plane far over the city.
>Clark holding onto Doomsday even after seeing the nuke coming.
>The webm in the OP.
>Clark meeting Jor-El on the scout ship.
>The phenomenal warehouse fight.

The entire opening was amazing

Get goosebumps everytime youtube.com/watch?v=0hx6ZZQesMQ

Miss the point harder why don't you!
It wasn't depressing because he doesn't want to save people or even that saving people is a hardship.
Its toned in such a way because despite Superman saving people, some don't appreciate it or fear him regardless.

He tells Bruce to not be a vigilante because he is fucking torturing people & getting them killed in prison.

>Le miss the point meme

Snyder is a music video director. Nothing more.

Ignore the bait dude.
Focus on the fact Clark could follow Bruce at the party but instead chose to travel all the way to mexico to save a little girl.

I am very pleased with Katana being in Suicide Squad.
Outfit looks great.
I hope they don't exaggerate her skills like X-Men Origins did with Wade.

I hope for a Man of Steel sequel they have Lex's dad come in & be traditional Lex.
He makes a clone/robot thing of Mercy with the Hope outfit from the Luthor graphic novel.
Lex tries to have her undermine Superman, but she sees Clark as the good guy and rebels.

I think casting for the most part seems really great. I still say Lynn is the best possible WW choice, but other than that every decision has been great.

I love the Faora fights

Suicide Squad not even this one particularly but as a franchise It seems like a great opportunity to cycle through villains that just wouldn't get any screen time otherwise and I'm excited for that.

Don't have any.

>I still say Lynn is the best possible WW choice
Lynn Collins?
If so agreed.

Why is Katana so perfect ?

Haven't liked either film but whatever
>BvS Batman: "Oh shit" got a chuckled out of me
>Finally getting a Justice League film, but still skeptical
>Aquaman if only it has Black Manta
>Idris Alba as Manta

FUCK YEAH LYNN COLLINS

>Appreciation
>Hope

>First flight, warehouse fight, and
>Affleck being in complete control of the Batman solo.
>Please don't ask me for that.
>Justice League opens with Superman being under the control of the Omega Sanction, thereby making MoS and BvS his living through the life that is death. When he comes out of it, he sees a world that looks and feels more like the DCU those of us who've been unsatisfied thus far can be okay with.

>"Krypton had its chance"

Goddamn, that line is great.

>I hope for a Man of Steel sequel they have Lex's dad come in & be traditional Lex.
That would be so fuckign stupid and I can't believe I've seen so many people want that. Just have Lex change in prison. It's that simple.
I don't even mind Lex in DoJ. He's not comics Lex, but he was a neat villain. I am disappointed that Mercy was killed like that though. Kinda stupid.

Why would such be stupid?
I agree Jesse was solid as his own thing.

MUH DICK!

MUH HEART!

Jesus is this the most blatant shilling OP ever? Snyder's a hack and the movies were terrible. Now fuck off and leave this board.

There was literally no reason Superman had to die there.

Wonder Woman could have easily stabbed Doomsday herself, she was already holding her own.

And if you actually have hope for more snydershit, I hope you get some self-esteem and realize you're a battered wife.

>Enjoying controversial art & entertainment = shilling
Really dude?

>Wonder Woman could have easily stabbed Doomsday herself, she was already holding her own.
She wasn't really holding her own. Batman and WW both were just distracting Doomsday and WW was only holding him back TEMPORARILY. In the moment, the quickest way to stop Doomsday was for Clark to do it himself.
Of course, I would have been happier if Clark DIDN'T die but I know he'll be back anyways.

Nigga, she cut his hand off.

She was doing enough for Supes to throw him off and have her stab him.

The best thing would be for Lex to hire another Japanese cutie pie and just call her Mercy, despite that not being her real name.

>she was already holding her own.

Just barely enough for Supes to kill Doomsday, and not enough to stop Doomsday from killing Supes. You think my dick would've ever forgotten her looking like she was taking the shit of her life.

>Wonder Woman could have easily stabbed Doomsday herself, she was already holding her own.
Her & the Lasso was the only thing restraining Doomsday.
>I hope you get some self-esteem and realize you're a battered wife
1.) That would require them to batter me first.
Mos is my 2nd favorite movie and 80% exactly what I wanted out of a Superman reboot.
Bvs was a good deal more flawed then Mos was but none of those flaws where so great as to be offensive or hurtful.
2.) Not all the upcoming films are by Snyder.

Shush, I want Tao back!

>You think my dick would've ever forgotten her looking like she was taking the shit of her life.
I dunno, it was kinda hard to ignore how bad she is at acting from enunciating to just not looking like a retard anytime she moves

>Mos is my 2nd favorite movie
Thats really sad, user

I've got your Japanese cutie pie right here.

>About to slaughter Mudslime children faec.jpg

I can't forgive the shit Wonder Woman performance.
Nevermind her small, untoned, meager body.
The bitch just can't act.

I can't think of a better or more memorable comic book movie villain than Michael Shannon's General Zod. He absolutely killed it.

But Wonds was already holding him in place with her lasso.

1.) Favoritism doesn't equal quality, I absolutely think it is of great quality in almost all aspects, but I have absolutely seen greater films then Mos. I simply don't enjoy them as much.
2.) "You simply don't get his vision"
Not saying it is some deep masterpiece, its not, its just a Superman film that panders to my preferences in the character almost exactly.
3.) How does a 4 second subjective superfluous visual shot in the film have any barring on the full 140 minute movie's quality you fucking retard?

>DCEU Appreciation thread immediately ruined by assholes
Just can't back off for a minute

Except her acting was not flawed in anyway. It wasn't a grand or meaningful performance, but to say her acting was technically flawed in someway is blatantly wrong.

>immediately ruined by
That's an odd way of spelling
>filled with authentic details and descriptions of scenes of the DCEU by

>Telling the truth is bait.

No other movie has captured the impact Bruce has on his employees more than when Wallace Keefe tells out "I work for Bruce Wayne!"
Bruce coming out of the helicopter during the Black Zero event was great.
Bruce's final speech to Diana, as well as his confrontation with Lex were both amazing.

Superman saving people was great. I really enjoyed the newspaper clippings of Superman's heroics. During the gala, where Clark is tailing Bruce and goes to save the girl in Mexico was phenomenal. And finally, his sacrifice against Doomsday.

Nearly everything about BvS was good. The Martha scene was perfect.

One aspect of DC I've always enjoyed is the feeling that these heroes are more than people with powers. They're Gods. And I'm really glad that's how they're being portrayed in these films.

And yet critics said that "no self depredation" was a downside to the film. Can you believe that nonsense?

>head so far up your own ass

When's the special features coming out?

>ywn rest your face into her armpit.

>no proof for your point so you just post a pic of bait
Go play with the idiots on Reddit. I'm sure they'll give you upvotes.

i think its interesting to see how often the capes are cg in both this film, and in mos.

>this gives the pegging crowd a boner

When Batman made Superman his bitch and broke his stupid face. Seriously you have Superman acting like he has the moral high ground the whole movie even when his actions made the world even worse and he goes against the only man that can protect Gotham and the world against future problems just because Batman is too rough with the criminals and being the reason they are getting murder in prison(even when Lex Luthor is the mastermind behind this situation and Clark is too stupid to realize this).

And later just because a woman told Clark, Bruce is not going to listen to any words he decides to provoke Batman. Instead of surrender like he did on MoS

Whoa there buddy, gettin' a little to close there don't you think?

Holy run on sentence Batman

Movies were far from perfect, but the neckbeard exaggeration of flaws is laughable.

>Doomsday is a mutation that occurs when human and kryptonian dna fuse.

Lois and Clarks child will be the next doomsday and superman will have to decide on whether to kill him or not.

Oh god. I can see it now.

No, it results when you fuse a living being's DNA with a kryptonian corpse. It makes me wonder what happens if you mix kryptonian DNA with a corpse. How strong would that have been? How were they able to stop it? Obviously it would be different due to the red sun, but it's still interesting to think about. Wish I could ask Snyder.

I actually like a lot of parallels and symbolism, I feel like Snyder movies always have several layers of it, the first one being the most obvious ones which seem overbearing at times, like the Jesus comparasations, specially in the churge scene in MoS.

The second layer is less obvious but still kinda easy to find out, its rather different scenes that seem to have little or not much to do with each other yet they belong together, an example in BvS UE, it was when Clark had doubts about his place in this world, he talks to his mother telling her how everything is so complicated and ask her why Pa Kent never left Kansas and she said he said he doesn't need to go anywhere, he already has everything here. Later Clark talks to Pa Kent or rather he remembers what Pa Kent told him once, Pa Kent told Clark that Martha was Pa Kents world and later Clark says this to Lois. Another less connected yet kinda connected scenes are about how Lex talks about no god saved Lex from his fathers fists and abominations, later as he presents Doomsday to Superman, Lex says "blood of my blood" and is then saved by superman.

Another example is how Clark talks about Krypton throughout MoS and BvS, there are different instances where he says Krypton and other where he says my world, everytime with different meanings, for example as the world of his parents, as the world Zodd is trying to enforce on earth, as the world that brought nothing but catastrophes to earth, which he partly feels responsible for.

Another layer may as well be nothing more than speculation, for example Lex said his plan was to proof that god can neither be all powerfull nor be all good but it feels like he wanted to prove both, with Batman it should be proven that superman is not all good ("bring me the head of the Bat") and with Doomsday Lex wanted to prove that Superman is not all powerfull.

>Lois will never let rip a huge fart in that tub before pulling your head in, pushing it down and drowning you.

there are some more things I found out while re-watching both movies and I also see other anons post some nice theories.

Overall I feel like Snyder sometimes sacrifices plot logic for parallels and symbolism and the execution is at times akwardly done but I love the overall tone so far, it feels like a mythological tale of gods among men, I hope they don't drop that, I mean it can be light hearted but still have this feeling of actual impact on the world.

Bump

Hopefully Superman will get fixed.