What the heck happened? I'm watching the first film and it's such a charming, family tale...

What the heck happened? I'm watching the first film and it's such a charming, family tale. By the time we got to the last film it had become an bleak, grimdark slaughterhouse.

And yes, I know that the stories get more intense as the books go on, but there's no need for such a **drastic** change in tone shift, IMO.

It doesn't matter. The films aren't that good to begin with.

The first two are breddy comfy

/thread

Like f*cking clockwork xD Include me in the screencap please boyos

>What the heck happened?
David Yates happened.

no one's gonna take a screencap of something retarded like this you fucking reddit numale faggot
fuck off

Why do people feel the need to make these made-up lists?

That was bait, man. It helps to be more discerning when browsing this shithole.

A Brave New World > 1984

also drop Great Gatsby to shit tier and replace it with Pride and Prejudice.

Well you're a faggot witcraft is inherently dark and harry doesn't have a good ole time. You're basically complaining they aren't all the same fuck off. They are all different and the progression and atmospheres are great.

This is reddits opinion, want to know how I know? Sup Forums is reddit. They are all good.

Alright, let me rephrase that. The first couple of films are actually *entertaining*, insofar as they're simple children's tales. The later films could've pulled off the move to darker tones successfully, but they didn't, so what we got was this faux-Twilight shit that's not even interesting to watch.

Yep more memes you have shit fucking meme taste. Always memeing about how everything is the same nowadays and this is the only series that has distinct changes in direction and tone that fit the story. You missed the entire point its supposed to be stripped of ur childish wonderment and devolves into a witchcraft horror tale. They are all comfy and entertaining stop watching for the plot the latter ones actually look amazing. They found the only way to pull it off and they hired top tier dps. You are a contrarian. I love 1 2 but all but 4 are better films.

Reminder this board when pilled said Logan, Wonder Woman, Get Out, GOTG 2, John Wick 2, Split, Ghost in the Shell and Kong Skull island were the best films of the year. Harry Potter are the best most rewatchable blockbusters besides LOTR.

>Yep more memes you have shit fucking meme taste. Always memeing
You need help

Star Wars is pretty good too

found the redditard

Nothe twilight meme is stupid as fuck and makes no sense they feel nothing like them they are done well and the characters seem human and act normally.
Star wars was pretty good now its depressing.

>ctrl + f reddit
>4
just shut the FUCK up already

Well why didn't you just say that? Why add "meme" literally three times to your argument? It means fucking nothing

what i hate most is the pure drain of absolutely any colour apart from blue and fucking black after the first 3 films

pic related, all the frames from every film, first to last, left to right, condensed into one picture.

This is exactly what I'm talking about

Was the colour shift really necessary? Couldn't the darker plotlines been enough?

i agree completely

Sorry its because I've seen Twilight mentioned a few times and it seemed like an easy way to just meme. Just lile whining about the lighting. Twilight is the knock off if anything that shit is so poorly done and truly unengaging.

No you just hate that people like harry potter and the recieved good reviews. Thay picture is sexy. After voldemort returns there's more and more instances of black on the screen until harry died and its white for minutes, it is beautiful.

>order of the phoenix has a blue cover
>bring in the cinematographer who did Three Colors Bleu
>hald blood prince has green cover
>Delbonnel uses earthy tones and green red brown and yellow. It looks like a rembrandt painting. The lighting is gothic and very natural. The first two are entirely orange/tan and blue

Yea they hired profesional dps look up their work the films couldn't have looked better and wouldn't have been better if they were lighter you are complaining just to complain. Get a better television maybe.

Tldr polish dp french dp and porto dp make the films look really professional

Drumpf got elected.

2 3 6 7 8 are the best. The last three were done after the books all came out and worl really well as a trilogy. And the first three work really well as a trilogy. 4 and 5 are like the middle chapters.

no one said they didnt look professional, they obviously have a huge budget and great effects but they just have too dark and blue a colour pallet. shame you've got shit taste.

So you didn't read a thing I said. Ootp has a gritty polish feel that matches the political tone and color works well the book is literally all blue so they brought in the guy who did three colors blue it also has green and green blue and obviously pink lile umbridge pink. And you are wrong in hbp alone every color of the rainbow is used I didn t even include a pink shot here. You watch the first two notice ita almost all orange/tan and blue.

Sexy grid

>Ootp has a gritty polish feel that matches the political tone

stopped reading

Look at all the color in the first one. Did anyone complain? Lets the films do their own thing and embrace that its different, its refreshing to me.

Why do you always come to hp threasa if you don't want to discuss? The director did political dramas beforehand and the cinematographer is an old polish guy who had done lots of films

Look at the second films color pallete

More autism by korinefag

Are you the same guy who posted this 30 minutes ago?

You can and should watch them in black and white too

>take family friendly childs book
>make great first three films full of colour and dark tones
>shit blue and black all over the rest of the series

thats why, you're not going to convince me otherwise by saying they had x important person on to do the cinematography, its still TOO DARK, they could have plenty of warm and colour filled shots throughout AND dark blue, gritty "politically matched" shots but they never, its far too one track and looks worse for it.

is there a torrent for this ? looks dope

half blood prince was pure kino

Order.of the phoenix has green blue green and pink. Half blood prince has every color as I posted in the grid. Piss off the ast two are the most muted and even dhp1 looks natural in many many shots.

The beginning of order.of the phoenix has a storm and then hagrid mentions the storms coming like it happened before. Before the title of hbp there's black clouds voldemort makes it all dark after he's back.

Correct you have pure kino taste lad

I just converter my own files by changing the contrast and brightness manually, most tvs have settings like dynamic standard movie etc and you can edit the levels yourself and have it preset so you pop in the bluray or play the file and your tv is black and white

Although what happens in Half Blood Prince is the best story, Daniel Radcliff just looks too fucked up on drugs to be taken seriously throughout the majority of the scenes.

I think it works because somehow him not giving a fuck maybe makes it seem more laxed and natural considering it was arguably their most normie year save later when dumbledore dying and such. He does look fucked up in some scenes but he said he never drank on set but got wasted at night and came to work drunk. The film has a dreary-dreamlike feel so it is blanketed, his blank stare almost appropriate for exceptionally ordinary Harry Potter.

>le ebin Cummin of age m8
Meme books made into meme movies by a hack author and terrible actors

Wizard dystopia and best ensemble. Also best child actors I've seen.

d-does dullest posting get you banned now?

Shit. It was the only reason to open these shitty potter threads.

how do you make images like these?

Why wasn't book four split into three parts? One part for each Triwizard challenge

They decided one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises needed to get the "edgy" treatment to appeal to silly teens. Seriously fuck the mods, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

If they made them as 90 minute movies with the challenge as the climaxes they could probably have gotten away with that. Three 2 and a half hour movies would probably have been a bit much.

The first one would have the Quiddich World Cup up to the Dragon, probably put Hermione's House Elf rights thing in there somewhere.
The second would be the Yule Ball through to the Lake challenge
The third would have the maze up to Voldy coming back. It would also allow for a better tone shift with the first one sharing its tone with Azkaban, the second being slightly darker and the third taking it to the tone it will keep through to the final film. Of course making more then one movie out of a single book wasn't a thing until Hallows did it, now everyone does it.

it became EXTREMELY DULL WOULDN"T YOU SAY

this isnt your safespace to blend in REDD1T, fuk off now

DULLPOSTING IS NOW A BANNABLE OFFENSE

HE DOES

IT

FOR

FREE

Because the splitting the last movie in two parts meme started too late, I think it was Twilight that introduced it? Otherwise they probably would've split all starting with Goblet of Fire.

Easy, OP. Hermione fell for the Ginger meme instead of riding Harry's thick chosen one cock in that tent.

This. The first two movies are literally like different films than 3 and everything that came after that. It was really strange but I guess when they for whatever reason got cuaron to direct a fucking Harry Potter movie they felt the need to let him do his thing and get all dark and gritty. Could of been a great family blockbuster franchise but after three they couldn't go back I guess.

>No!

Curon ruined it. The fact that he was permitted to change so much and make the world his own was bullshit. Azkaban is a fine film on its own, but it really does not feel like it's the same universe the first two set up. I wish based Chris Columbus hadn't fucked off after 2.

>I'm watching the first film and it's such a charming, family tale.
this is why i stopped watching this shit after 3rd movie
>By the time we got to the last film it had become an bleak, grimdark slaughterhouse.
so you're saying not all of them are shit? maybe i should watch them

You forgot the image

Thread is now full of faggots every single one is better than the first two and I love the first two. Idiots

They are all better than 9/10 films posted here.

1 - Comfy
2 - Comfy
3 - Kino
4 - okay
5 - okay
6 - shit
7 - eh not really a movie, comfy to tacky
8 - okay from what I remember, lame as a film but good as a sendoff

Looks fairly accurate to me

What bothers me is that there was never a Harry Potter cartoon series. That shit lends itself so well to that format, at least the earlier volumes do.

It's an allegory for growing up.

This
Why even bother commenting if you are gonna be predictable. All are comfy and half are kino.
Yuck

>all these people hating comfy children's movies

How is 4 the worst?

The story gets darker in each book, the films get darker and the filmmaking matures in each one just like the acting. Such a concept, the early and latter ones are a treat.

>tfw potentionally magical children's series devolved into political bullshit about wizard Hitler.

I didn't like it either. Even the first movie was much darker than my interpretation was when I read it. The 7th movie was just edgy trash.

Rowling was, supposedly, specifically against it as well as making any kind of non-linear video game.

Something happened between the second and the third movie and the movies just kinda lost their colour and most of their sense of wonder. Which isn't to say the later ones are bad, in fact many of them are pretty dang good but they lose some of what made the books so incredibly likeable. They always were on a thin line between whimsical and morbid and the later movies fell off of it onto the morbid side.

They're honestly kinda begging for remakes somewhere along the way, thing is a lot of the actors were so perfect for their roles it'd be all but impossible to recast them without falling short.

Alan Rickman in particular would be damn near impossible to recast. In a perfect world they would have been made across 7-8 (or more if we split every book from 4 on) years with the same cast, the same director and a strict policy of adhering to continuity between the films. Unfortunately our world is shit and we got two films that are completely separate from everything that followed.

STOP POSTING ABOUT MOVIES ON Sup Forums.
For fucks sake you retard redditors don't know how to use this site at all do you? Sup Forums is for TELEVISION, /m/ is for MOVIES. UNDERSTAND? Thankyou now stop shitposting and shitting up MY board.

Chamber of Secrets is the best HP movie and nothing will change my thinking on this matter.

>1 layer of irony

>comfy

Literally Hitler. Guess that's how she was able to write Voldemort so accurately.

imposter

Is there a new mod with a stick up his ass? I can't even say nigger without getting banned. Since when do I have to act pc on fucking Sup Forums?

It looks shit. It was shot in color, when you get rid of them it just looks like a no-contrast muddy turd. B&W photography is very different from color photography.

>i'll just put a photo of a bearded bald man with glasses and a bunch of popular stuff, that'll teach him

I'm the guy who posted dullest posting, using another connection

3 fucking days, man!

I guess people don't like it because it portrayed the graveyard scene perfectly and didn't have David Yates' slip shod editing

4 has the most potential in the series in regards to some world building but falls flat in doing that and in being a tournament arc

ugh this reminds me of Game of Memes its so fucking grey

don't even talk about perro caca posting