Part 2 *inhales again* ahahhahahah

youtube.com/watch?v=gvxNaSIB_WI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HMs3CPB6ukg
deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/L_(character)
youtube.com/watch?v=K0YrfSJF3EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His heart, Light. First we must attack his heart.

Doesn't look that bad desu
youtu.be/HMs3CPB6ukg

still not enough dislikes

fuck me, light looks even worse in a well lit room

we wuz watchdogs n shieet

i am the law

Looks good. Dumb weebs yet again complain about nothing.

even normalfags waking up WEW LAD

You are the normalfag.

i never watched the animu but I don't understand this? Is he like a freelance detective like sherlock or something? why are the police working with a masked dude and why is he giving press conferences?

we wuz animes an sheeeit?

>the part where he sits on the chair squatting like L
>starts to talk in an agressive tone spouting stupid shit

Just like my japanese animu. Why not just steal the idea and don't even try to loosely follow the original plot and style?

I can't believe they are ruining such a great anime like this

Yeah, L is like Sherlock, but on a worldwide scale. He's the dude they always get when shit is off the rails

>This looks like absolute trash. They've dumbed it down for the average Netflix user. Death Note was a psychological thriller, not some action show. And Light's whole thing was that the whole time he thought he was the good guy, he thought he was doing the right thing.

>mfw people genuinely think Death Note has good and complex characters

Frankly, you animefags deserve every bit of it. An alarmingly-high percentage of those who watch anime and manga, have been deprived of the knowledge necessary to interact successfully with other human beings. Anime is nothing more than cartoons with featureless expressions, expressions that the audience often mimic and attempt to pass off as "socializing". More often than not, this is met with derision and scorn, as it should be.

Those who watch anime have not matured. They are stuck in eternal limbo between childhood and pubescence, completely unable to respond appropriately to others in the outside world. I suppose as long as they're contributing to society in some manner, shape or form by working a computer job from home instead of polluting outside with their awkward ugliness and foul scent, then I have no major issue with them.

>tl;dr: watch all the anime you want, manchild, but don't bring your stink anywhere near me

deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/L_(character) it's so out of character they might as well directly name him Jamal

They did exactly this. L and Light are pretty much different characters.

honestly the only good thing about this is Ryuk and Willem dafoe voicing him. It's too perfect

well Ryuk is cool...

this. Plus I still like Adam Wingard, this might be okay

Why keep the manerism of the character if you change up the whole personality? It doesn't match. Look at that faggot squatting on the chair saying that uninteligent qoute in that tone.

it's a bout the only positive thing that can be salvaged from this, gonna reserve judgement for now but preliminary impressions aint good

u

WTF is that carneval wheel shit at the end of the trailer? And why does Light give a shit about who I think is Misa? Damn..

>Manga L goes to tremendous lengths to keep his identity a secret
>It takes 12 dead FBI agents for him to trust a handful of policemen with his face

>Nigger L gives public speeches

JUST

The directors said that he liked some of his quirks, but L is a different character now.

It says a lot about this site that almost all copypasta is some kind of anti-anime screech.

I'm so fucking angry it's almost REEEE levels

I hope they at least include the Television stunt L pulledc to find out where Light is located

That's actually a fairly good point you raise but it does sound like you're projecting.

I doubt it. The story will be different.

L? More like JamaL

Jesus christ, the funny thing is you can only sell something like this to the "fanbase" of it (making it stylish but not changing up the source material). When you change things up this much they will obviously don't like it. Just look at the dislike bar.

That line isn't from the anime or manga

>twist, the black L is the criminal bait and the real L will replace Near/Mello arc

Really?...

lmfao, what trash

Only thing that bugs me is the black guy. What the fuck is that all about

you know it's not gonna happen, don't give me hope. Also, don't think for a second they will make it past the L dies part, if he even dies. They will try to milk it and make the Mello/Nier part a second movie, mark my words.

almost everything bugs me, edgy emo teen light is particularly glaring

Yeah really the show can be a little cheesy but not to that extent

Nog quota

Wingard doesn't care about this. He is a director with his own vision.

How could they mess up the notebook itself so badly? It's a black college notebook with lined pages and "deathnote" written on the front w/ few rules on the inside cover.

Not detecting sarcasm is a sign of autism.

>starts to talk in an agressive tone spouting stupid shit

Stupid shit as in retarded cliché that has nothing to do with the manga.

they should have done a tv show instead of a movie

THATS A REALLY GOOD FUCKING QUESTION

So, edgy perfect student that is a ripoff of such characters as Griffith from Berserk was better?

It's the fact that they used the property of death note not for what makes it truly intresting but just for the actual concept of the death note.

The anime is full of unrealistic crap like this. And it gets even worse later.

wtf are you even talking about, Light is nothing like Griffith. But you just wait till Netflix decides to make a Cyber Punk real life remake of Berserk

Kinda wish they made Light a girl, but still excited to watch it.

>Light unsure if what hes doing is right

What makes Death Note interesting? The original barely explores any interesting concepts.

At least it's just a movie instead of a drawn out series.

>edgy perfect student
he doesn't give off the perfect student vibe, he looks like those abused and bullied outcasts who eventually become school shooters

True, Griffith is a much better character, because he is not a pure sociopath like Light. He has doubts about his goal.

I'm talking about Light from anime.

The direct battle between Light and L to see who can get the upperhand tbrough trickery and asspulls

Here's your reply. Now go to bed

For me the dynamic between Light and L was always most interesting, and the ways they bascially play each other. L knows full well that Light is Kira, but he can't prove it.

Then there is just the aspect of how the world reacts to a godlike figure suddenly taking jusice in his own hands.

Why does Light being a psychopath make him a bad character? It's interesting because he is so convicted that what he does is right. Also, he was pretty normal in the beginning, but shifts into a godcomplex during the story.

>asspulls
The second part is literally Asspulls: the Series.

anime light wasn't edgy in public, he concealed himself really well. He didn't think he was doing anything wrong because of his superiority complex and pretty much decides he was the only one who can be the god of the new world while show light looks like he cuts himself to feel alive

This probably would have been a better direction for L if they were going to make him black.

youtube.com/watch?v=K0YrfSJF3EA

The story kind of felt apart when L wasn't around anymore. At least they were clever asspulls, there is nothing wrong with that, as long as it's kind of explainable and entertaining

this.

>because he is so convicted that what he does is right
You mean, like every dictator with god complex? What's so interesting about this?

>Then there is just the aspect of how the world reacts to a godlike figure suddenly taking jusice in his own hands.
This is easily the best part about the series. It's still not particularly original. There was a similar theme in 20th Century Boys.

So he was like Griffith? Or I don't know, Hannibal? Or any other "cool" psychopath archetype?

Do you honestly think that Light was an interesting character? Is anime and manga your main hobby?

>It's still not particularly original
Yes but see, that's what the makes the Manga special. Even though as a concept, it has been done before, the writing and characters make it interesting again.

>You mean, like every dictator with god complex? What's so interesting about this?
Or like every person ever. It makes him relatable and not just "evil".

In the original American movie draft, he turned "good" and regretted his crimes.

>Do you honestly think that Light was an interesting character?
no particularly
>Is anime and manga your main hobby?
no, why are you so asshurt about it?

"We're not the good guys anymore"
>Light doubting that he's in the right
>Ever
Where you you when they butchered lights character

This movie somehow looks infinitely worse the more they show of it.

Characters are stupidly miscast to the point where it's downright funny, the plot seems to only follow the very basic principles of the source material, the characterization and writing is all over the place.

It's as if no one on the actual design team actually watched read the original manga OR watched the anime.

>"We're not the good guys anymore!"
Fuck you. Light never questioned whether what he did was right or wrong your fucking ultra-beta cunt. Fuck I'm mad.

He had doubts very briefly at the beginning but that's it

next you're gonna tell me that misa leaves light for the superior bbc of L

> L is a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, and a quarter French OR Italian
>It's okay to "blackwash" roles if they are Asian or White characters

Those were barely doubts. It was more a question of "if I won't do it, who will?". Which was not him doubting the justice of his actions.

Maybe he dropped like one line about "who am I to judge?" or something, but fuck. Light is suppose to be this charismatic super model genius who also happens to be completely psychotic. Not the bitchboy we see in this trailer.

Is this your first adaptation? Do you also hate Starship Troopers because it's not like the book?

I'd say it's even worse if Light starts to fall in love for her. In the trailer it looks like it (if that was her)

that sounds so horrible that It might actually be possible in this upcoming shitfest

>Reminder that the live-action Death Note TV series is much more superior to this crap

If you like Death Note, give it a go. They throw in some twists to keep it interesting for people that are already fans, L is entertaining and it respects the original manga.

How is this scene going to play out? It's different I guess but what will they do with it?

The only thing this """adaption""" has in common with the source material is the names, the Death Note and Ryuk.

Fuck they didn't even get Ryuk's personality right. Ryuk sounds like a taunting playful asshole who wants Light to write a billion names in the book. Ryuk is suppose to be a witness, an observer. Not fucking taunt-bait.

Light is in love with her to the point where they discuss their plan and he actually ends up taking advice from her. Based on what we've seen Misa seems a lot more willing to kill than Light does.

Someone needs to write the names of everyone involved in this film on a real death note.

So Death Note got Netflix'd basically?

Looks absolutely horrible.
Doubt it will be worse than the anime, tho. That was a proper piece of trash.

Light never loved Misa, he may liked her, and she was useful to him but that was it. He is constantly annoyed with her and sees her as necessary nuissance. The only times he's nice to her is when he's manipulating her.

Exactly, which is not what this trailer portrays at all. All my criticism was pointed towards the trailer, which implies that Light goes out of his way to include Misa in his plans.

>The only thing this """adaption""" has in common with the source material is the names, the Death Note and Ryuk.
And what's wrong with that, you dumb weeb? Do you want shot-for-shot remake? Remember how well it worked with Psycho? (oh right, you probably don't know there is a Psycho remake).

You have manga, anime, shitty TV series, 3 shitty Japanese movies with the same story. Do you want a shitty American adaptation with the same story?

And Starship Troopers is much more offensive because it completely shits on the book and its message.

So I think we all agree that these two are the best live-action Light and L?

>tfw you know normies will most likely love this shit.

Oh alright then, I completely agree with you. The girl in the trailer seems like your typical high school crush. Damn.. it will be a generic lovestory/love triangle, I can feel it

Better than this garbage, that's for certain.

>Do you want a shitty American adaptation with the same story?

Fucking, yes. All they had to do to sell Death Note to a billion people, re-invigorate the franchise and breathe life into the crime-mystery-thriller genre was to re-tell the story with a bunch of white people.

Instead it's going to bomb harder than Hiroshima because they've fucked it all up.

Yeah, I love actors who act like anime characters.

Remember how well deviating too much from the source material worked for Ghost in the Shell? :^)

>love triangle

Can't wait for Misa to get BLACKED.

Is that guy on the left the Japanese Brad Pit or something?

I swear I see that guy in everything.