Farm Subsidies and Obesity

I'm not sure if this is a meme or not - but I've seen a lot of blame for the current Obesity epidemic placed on High Fructose Corn Syrup. The predominance of HFCS in foods seems to be enabled by farm subsidies for the growing of corn.

Why shouldn't we abolish Corn subsidies? We'd save money from the subsidies themselves, and the Obesity related costs our healthcare system faces.

Is the reason we still have these subsidies because nobody wants to screw with Iowa (besides Cruz) because they have the first Caucus?

early HFCS was full of mercury. the enzyme process requires balancing of acid/base, and the reagents used to make these were produced by the mercury cell process. the whole story came out just as other processes were replacing mercury cell to produce reagents, but the press never bit the hand that feeds it.

Farm subsidies in general tend to cause over production, which in my opinion might be the cause of obesity in America.

Opinions?

T H I C C

>I'm not sure if this is a meme or not - but I've seen a lot of blame for the current Obesity epidemic placed on High Fructose Corn Syrup.
This is probably just an excuse though.. I've noticed on my visits to the US that you people just really really really love eating fat and sweet shit, all day long.. For breakfast even. HFCS probably doesn't help, but it isn't the root cause.
>The predominance of HFCS in foods seems to be enabled by farm subsidies for the growing of corn.
It's literally the only reason it's so extremely prevalent in the US. Why do you think Coca Cola in Europe is sweetened with actual sugar rather than HFCS? Because our sugar prices are normal, because they're not being inflated so much by import regulations, and our HFCS prices are higher than yours because we don't have corn subsidies to the same degree as the US. (Don't get me wrong though, the EU definitely still has agricultural policies that fuck with supply and demand, it's just not as rigorous as the US sugar policy)
>Why shouldn't we abolish Corn subsidies?
You should. Fuck subsidising farmers that can't make a profit.
>We'd save money from the subsidies themselves, and the Obesity related costs our healthcare system faces.
Obesity related costs require a change of culture.. It's not HFCS that forces you to drive cars everywhere. It's not HFCS that makes people choose between either McDs or Dunkin Ds for breakfast. It's not like HFCS holds shares in US Mobility Scoodurz LTD.
>Is the reason we still have these subsidies because nobody wants to screw with Iowa (besides Cruz) because they have the first Caucus?
Farming subidies exist to keep farmers in business.. In part that'll likely have to do with political pandering to agricultural states, but agricultural subsidies are usually also about keeping domestic food production in business.. Being fully reliant on importing foods is a sensitive and undesirable situation according to many politicians.

Because it, among many other things like fluoridated water and vaccines. You can't have a rational debate about them because the media frames it in such a way that either you're a rational person who is for all this shit or you're a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Calories in vs calories out is what determines weight gain. It's thermodynamics.

I literally had to write a research essay on this in a college English class.

I take it back, I don't want to fuck >her anymore. Something weird about her. Not fit to have my children.

Why don't we just blame the sun and the soil for helping the corn to grow while we're at it.

Everyone knows soda and Gatorade are bad for you. Why are people always trying to shift the blame for obesity away from the consumers who make the choice to fill their bodies with shit?

>>I'm not sure if this is a meme or not - but I've seen a lot of blame for the current Obesity epidemic placed on High Fructose Corn Syrup.
>This is probably just an excuse though.. I've noticed on my visits to the US that you people just really really really love eating fat and sweet shit, all day long.. For breakfast even.

Thing with hfcs is that it doesn't really make you feel full. Also the amount of this super sugar in everything would reduce everyone's weight drastically no matter what our shit diets where.

>You should. Fuck subsidising farmers that can't make a profit.
The problem with that though is that the farmers are already fuck over here because all the GMO strains of stuff are patented and it's cost prohibitive to get non GMO stuff among other things

THICC

>yes goyim, these highly processed corn derivatives that are in fucking everything can't be bad for you
You literally can't avoid corn unless you really want to pay 2x the price for grass fed meat and stuff. It's ridiculous just how much corn (and soy) are in everything and it had negative effects not only on the health of the "consumers" but also on the environment and the markets. If you're really suggesting that these massive subsidies and having one or two mega crops that our entire country runs on is a good thing, you should really just kill yourself

>Thing with hfcs is that it doesn't really make you feel full.
It's not HFCS that forces people to choose to eat donuts for breakfast in the first place, user. Even if HFCS did make you feel full, eating donuts for breakfast is considered absurd in almost all cultures except the North American one.
>Also the amount of this super sugar in everything would reduce everyone's weight drastically no matter what our shit diets where.
..Wut? What super sugar, and how'd it reduce weight?

Cross and patent your own. That's what Dutch agriculturalists tend to do anyway..

Corn subsidies are used to provide food assistance for third world countries.

>Cross and patent your own. That's what Dutch agriculturalists tend to do anyway..
You literally can't unless you're a big company. You don't even know the half of how bad it is here.

>Avoiding gatorade and Coca Cola means you must eat grass-fed meat

Typical fatso.
>This tiny element of my diet is almost impossible to change, so I just gave up entirely and only drink sugared liquids ever anymore

Lmao.

Ah yes, let me go put a bullet in my head because I don't agree with you. What a fantastic arguement.

You can avoid high fructose corn syrup. You just have to actually put effort into it which I know is asking a lot from anyone anymore.

That's not what I claimed in the slightest you fucking autistic. Obviously you can still be healthier however the fact that everything is full of cheap sugary HFCS doesn't help your average person who doesn't give a fuck.

you fell for the humanitarian meme huh?

Who's this cum bum?

>You literally can't unless you're a big company.
My grandpa literally made his money crossing, patenting and selling lilys and tulips though.. It's not impossible.
>You don't even know the half of how bad it is here.
Shit went bad, I know.. The family business slowly went under here too, though my uncles have managed to liquitated it debt-free and spread some money around to all the heirs. Still though, it's never impossible.. There are still succesful agricultural innovations possible, and sometimes even sheer size advantages and clever marketing can make farmers some money.. Dutch union farmers, who were going bankrupt in droves the past decades, are currently making decent money just by scaling up their businesses to insane proportions, and selling the unions all over the world. If you can't get a decent price for your product domestically, you can try and scale up to the point where the world-market-price might be worth your while if you produce enough..

Subsidising agriculture to keep it alive is never viable.. at least not as viable as having them make GENUINE profits.

Kayla

she's already in Trump's harem

>Ah yes, let me go put a bullet in my head because I don't agree with you. What a fantastic argument.
You're very believes violate my rights and sovereignty so yeah, I have a right to be a bit angry.
>You can avoid high fructose corn syrup.
But you can't avoid corn as a whole because it again, is literally in everything that is affordable to your average person.
>You just have to actually put effort into it which I know is asking a lot from anyone anymore.
People shouldn't have to worry about secret ingredients in shit or things in the processing of food products that could be or are bad for them. That's like saying
>well you can avoid food poisoning by not eating raw foods like raw spinach
So seriously, again, sincerely, lovingly, with all my hard: KYS

source it

>My grandpa literally made his money crossing, patenting and selling lilys and tulips though.. It's not impossible.
Not in the modern American market of intellectual property and with the current laws you fuck face. My grandpa made his money working in a Ford plant in Missouri or something, see where that went?

Trump enjoys the company of trannies?

I have no choice but to vote for Hillary now. That's pretty degenerate on Mr. Trump's part.

>Not in the modern American market of intellectual property and with the current laws you fuck face.

Sounds a lot like you're not even trying.

>My grandpa made his money working in a Ford plant in Missouri or something, see where that went?

Semi-skilled labour in mass production.. Yeah, that shit went to Asia.

Could be less concave at the waist but, hips are good.

A tranny with the perfect starter body, hormones all their life, and surgery couldnt hope to look as good as Kayla.

also check em

>le not even trying meme
Seriously, just do some fucking research before you reply to me again.
>Semi-skilled labour in mass production.. Yeah, that shit went to Asia.
Exactly, and to believe that markets don't change dramatically for whatever reasons, like you are implying, is fucking retarded

Honestly I love her smaller tits on that frame tbqh

Refined carbs are bad. HFCS among them. There isn't a single underlying cause.

Where are you getting these m8

It's his mom, dude, sick

Make a pregnant one now

>Seriously, just do some fucking research before you reply to me again.

It's more difficult in America, but not impossible.
>inb4 Monsanto is the devil

>Exactly, and to believe that markets don't change dramatically for whatever reasons, like you are implying, is fucking retarded

I'm not implying markets don't change, don't be silly. I'm implying that if markets adapt, you must adapt too. My grandfather could not have kept his business alive for as long as he did if he didn't innovate and change the focus of his activities... The same is true for current agriculture in this country, and no doubt yours. Dutch dairly farmers would no longer exist if they didn't shift their focus from simply selling milk and butter to manufacturing cheese. Dutch onion growers could not survive if they didn't not sold their products all over the world, where until relatively recently their goods didn't make it past the EU.

What is it you're trying to argue anyway? That having agricultural subsidies for something like corn is preferable to having innovations in the agricultural/corn sector from the ground up to make it profitable again?

THICCC

It's wise to maintain the ability to feed your entire population on home-grown food without imports. That's what corn enables. In case there were ever a breakdown of international trade and/or food production, the USA could sustain its population with corn.

If I understand you're point on the idea of what OP said then you're relating corn subsidies to obesity. And according to you, it's impossible to avoid corn, correct? Then shouldn't that mean it's impossible for anyone to be healthy since corn is in everything and people can't avoid eating it?

What kind of dream world do you want to live in where you just eat whatever you want with out a care in the world? People not paying attention to what they're eating is what leads to obesity. Corn by product ingredients aren't a secret. If you care about your health then look into what you're actually eating.

Why is personal responsibility such a difficult concept?

Can't do it.. Or I could, but it would take some time. I'm not really into that either, so my brain can't see the ascetics of what to do.

Also if my beliefs truly violate your rights and sovereignty then that's your fault for giving me power over you

Please nigga? I need dis shit

>all these false dilemmas and absolutes
Wew, you really are autistic

I've always wondered if farm subsidies are a way to cloak government investment into controversial weapons of war, such as chemical and biological agents, as there's a documented history of the farming industry, such as Monsanto, working with the government to develop chemical weapons, such as napalm.

>These fat bastards trying to make excuses for being planet-sized

I won't do it. You should stop masturbating anyway. I'm not here to make you more of a degenerate. Take it as a token of goodness and decency.

Perfrct.

3/10

Would bang.

>you're autistic
Not an argument. Look I get you probably just watched Food Inc. In whatever 101 class you're taking but trying to blame obesity on corn subsidies is both absurd and lazy. I get taking personal responsibility for your own poor health is difficult but blaming others for one's personal choices is not going to lead anywhere.

>I'm not sure if this is a meme or not - but I've seen a lot of blame for the current Obesity epidemic placed on High Fructose Corn Syrup.
People are fat because stupid people are unable regulate their calorie intake.

If a majority of humans were capable of calculating their nutritional requirements we would be a very different species.

>The predominance of HFCS in foods seems to be enabled by farm subsidies for the growing of corn.
Corn is a superfood, nutrition wise it's pretty awesome 365kcal/100g, which is pretty high for a plant. Mostly carbs though.

But US corn is mostly GMO which I wouldn't eat, subsidizing corn makes a lot of sense if you believe in overproducing food as a preemptive measure against potential food scarcity, subsidizing GMOs is insane.

>Why shouldn't we abolish Corn subsidies?
The reason the US won't abolish Corn subsidies is because the US produces corn to feed to cows, because Americans like their beef.

>Is the reason we still have these subsidies because nobody wants to screw with Iowa (besides Cruz) because they have the first Caucus?
No, the reason nobody wants to abolish Corn subsidies is because that would make meat prices go up by a lot and Americans enjoy their cheap burgers.

i want to dive in that soft alabaster belly fat like scrooge mcgoddamn duck

The content of fructose in HFCS and table sugar only differ by 10 percentage points, the problem is that you Burgers put fucking sugar in everything, even burgers.

There is a point in blaming fructose because it fucks up your metabolism and causes you to increase the "calories in" side, even though you don't intend to out them.

If you can't calculate your caloric intake and overeat or undereat for an extended period of time your health is going to go to shit one way or the other.

Source of girl please

...puttinf farmers there out of biz because of the free handouts. that isn't compassion.

Trump Girl Kayla

>Cross and patent your own. That's what Dutch agriculturalists tend to do anyway..
The big agribusinesses in the u.s. have their hands deep in the government. For instance, a patented owned breed of corn is growing in a plot next to yours, and the wind blows its pollen into your field, and polinated your corn, you then have to pay the owner of the patent or you have committed theft of intellectual property. You can fight it in court, but the average farmer has less resources and money than big agribusiness.

As far as obesity in the united states. Its all choice. Its laziness and selfishness, often passed down from a fatty's parents. I commute about 2 hours a day, work about 9 hours(or so) a day. Spend time with my children. I still find nearly an hour a day to run, bike, or lift weights. Guess what, i'm not obese.

where are all these new trump girl pictures coming from? someone post all of them.

Someone used to be " close friend" with her , but get rejected.

Also yo ucan see that she had an awfull childhood to behave like such a degenerate.

She is not our girl.

The funniest thing abt this homely bitch isnt that shes really a dude, but that he actually kinda looks like Ted Cruz.

My fav pic of hers

dat ass son. dank

why this bitch keep asking for attention in Sup Forums?

>michaela1.jpg
wheres the rest bro?

Don't leave me waiting bro

>trips checked

another good reason to abolish them

>Tile counter tops

Fuck. Why do people do this? It's impossible to clean and a breeding ground for nasty ass shit. After about 5 years it looks like shit and you have to re-grout.