Why is this not as fondly remembered as other shows from the same time?

Why is this not as fondly remembered as other shows from the same time?

I didn't know any other kids who watched it at the time, either. I loved it, honestly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sx0aUUzaT2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waiting as long as they did to tell Eliza's full origin story was an interesting decision.

That's because it didn't really need to be told, even though it was fun to watch. Teen Titans did the same thing where they showed the origin of how the team met in the final season.

I wanted Debbie to babysit so badly when I was a kid.

Her meeting with the shaman was shown briefly in the opening sequence, though. We can pretty easily piece together what happened but I would argue it was a story that needed to be told.

I watched it, but it probably says a lot that my two strongest memories of it are the episode where they have no water so the sister washes her hair with marinara, and HELLLLOO I'M NIGELLLLL THOOOOORNBERRRYYYYYY

because it sucked shit just like Catdog, Ginger, and all the other post 1996 nicktoons

>Ginger

Woah there son. Let's not get crazy here. As Told By Ginger was excellent.

I still remember tearing up at the movie that explained what happened to Donnie's family.

Couldn't bear to watch the show because the artstyle was ugly as hell. Those lips man..

I watched some of this show and DESU it wasn't a bad show, but the animation style didn't really do itself any favors. I recall being stupefied by what they drew and passed off as a dolphin, and there's one episode that hinges on the crap designs being as they are so a *racing horse* can be passed off as a disguised reindeer.

Also for some reason the episodes where Eliza basically foils a poaching scheme or crime whatever and her dad gets the credit for it didn't feel as charming as when Penny and Brain helped out Inspector Gadget...But that could just be me.

I thought it was great because I've always loved animals and it was cool to see different animals highlighted every episode. Also Lacey Chabert is my waifu

Eliza's hair straight up looks like a pair of ovaries.

Anywho, I remember liking the show, but I can understand being seriously put off by the art style. It's one of the most extreme cases of the Klasky Csupo style, and that's not exactly a good thing. Just look at Nigel. He's such a specimen that he became a meme simply for existing.

That said, it had a certain charm to it if you can get past the style. The characters tended to be pretty entertaining, even if oftentimes generic; there were still a few break-out moments here and there with each of them. Except maybe Donnie. He's just... kind of there to be a pain in the ass as far as I remember. Plots weren't always fantastic, but usually at least not boring.

Nigel achieved meme status because of a mixture of batshit fucking writing and Tim Curry being the best motherfucker in the world.

Angry Beavers was good you faggot

I don't have fond memories of it only because this would play every day on an hour block in the morning before school. And it was the lesser of the 3 evils

I was confused as hell as a kid when it wasn't in the first episode. I thought maybe I'd missed an episode or something, and waited a while for it to come up. Then when they finally announced it as a special event or whatever, I was hyped as shit. I remember I even made sure to watch it in a hotel room while I was on a family vacation. This was during my childhood phase of pretending I didn't watch cartoons, when I would keep the volume down super low and always have my hand on the remote to change the channel when somebody would walk in the room. So actually having my family present in a small hotel room while I watched an episode of a cartoon was a big fucking deal at that time.

>Catdog, Ginger, and all the other post 1996 nicktoons
Many of us on Sup Forums were too young to remember the "golden age" of Nick and instead grew up on the "silver age" (~1998-2005) of it.

How does that make you feel, over-28 man?

It would have really cool if Donnie had just picked up a few english words and started showing just a bit more personality and real understanding of his surroundings at some point. I know he was just a wacky little kid but he wasn't actually a toddler like they had him act like, and over the course of the show they had plenty of time to give him a bit of natural development like a kid his age and in his position would be experiencing. I think I recall they let Eliza start experiencing puberty in the last seasons so it's not like the timeline was completely static either.

Another obscure classic

AHHHHHHHHH

As a 26 year old, I knew deep down that this is the current reality but didn't want to admit it.

Honestly, it wasn't very entertaining. Nigel was a meme,the mom was bland as hell (figures I don't even remember her name), Debbie was a bitch, and Eliza was just too naive sometimes, to the point of coming across as stupid, and all of the animals were kind of assholes.
It just wasn't good in my opinion, and I don't remember a single time I would willingly watch this without something better coming right after, like Rocko or HA!

If your country wasn't featured on this show then it's pretty much a non country

This was a great show, pity no one remebbers it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx0aUUzaT2A

>obscure

Are you fucking joking? Maybe to the children here.

*you spoot