It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Thoughts? Started watching just a few days ago but already binged like 90% of it.

8 or 9 years ago it was my absolute favorite show but I've seen the episodes so many times and the new ones are just so bad

this

>the new ones are just so bad
The new ones are legit better than 90% of everything else on tv. Same as they've always been, imo.

Damn near impossible to get your hands on a physical copy in Australia...

I love the series but I feel that the ending of season 12 was horrible, and we dont even get new episodes until 2019

recent seasons have been real hit and miss
I'm pretty glad they went on hiatus. if/when they come back I hope they come back in their full season 4-9 form

>watch a season 3/4 ep for the 50th time
>still laugh all the way through

>watch a season 11/12 ep for the 2nd or 3rd time
>not even a smirk

Fantastic show all the way through, though some seasons/episode are quite a bit better than others. On a rewatch there's only a few episodes I'll skip.

Though I will say the series became gradually more absurd. In the early series, the characters could at least conceivably be real people. By the late seasons they gradually became more exaggerated caricatures of themselves. Dennis gradually gets more insanely vane and wrathful, even a touch rapey. Frank just goes goddamn nuts. But that can all be fun in a different way.

But it's extremely incorrect to say the new episodes aren't as good. If anything, I think they're honestly more clever.

>Though I will say the series became gradually more absurd.
Well... yeah. I mean, in the first season or two, they almost behaved like actual humans sometimes.

Unironically my favorite show but I won't lie, it jumped the shark a while ago.

RUM HAM!!

They drop off around season 8 or 9 when their humor moves from off-kilter sociopathy to referencing things from old shows. None of them are really good anymore. It really shows that they brought in a team of new writers who weren't there from the beginning and treat the characters as caricatures.

Get this meme reddit normie shit episode out of here. Anybody who says dayman is their favorite episode has shit taste it's fine but so overrated. The song wasn't even the best part of the episode

I think you should probably shower and eat.

Charlie Work and Gang Buys a Boat are the two best

Up until season 8 or 9 or so, it's fucking great.

Since then it's been slightly above average.

Its my single favorite show of all time.

>Though I will say the series became gradually more absurd.

I blame Frank. He came in with his endless supply of goddamn money and financed all their weird behavior.

Old lady house, gang goes to hell, mac and Charlie move to suburbs are the only ones that stand out really. Dennis was easily the best character in the show for his reactions alone and mac evolved from bossy idiot to gay religious fanatic.

They were completely normal people who actually tried to be inoffensive in the first season.

They just made them into just completely insane caricatures of them by season 8-9

They need to quit with the high concept stuff, they absolutely suck at high concept.

Each season has 1-2 episodes where they are just doing weird shit instead of a normal sitcom. And it never works out

That's something Mac wanted to do since the beginning. While characters on other sitcoms stayed the same or got better, he wanted the characters on it's always sunny to get worse.

absolutely brilliant show that will stand the test of time

I actually feel the opposite, I feel it's got progressively better. Season before last was my absolute favourite