I need some recommendations, Sup Forums...

I need some recommendations, Sup Forums. Stories about superheroes that stay optimistic even as their world around them is falling apart or get back up after failing?

A girl I knew committed suicide and I didn't save her. I was her only chance and I failed.

Or you can man up and admit you allowed someone to die. Sure, she killed herself. But you let it happen.

Superman for All Seasons and All-Star Superman are good books. Try reading them.

I know. And I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life. But nothing I can do will bring her back. I was just hoping for some momentary escapism.

>momentary escapism

Or maybe spend that time to consider what you've done? You honor your friend by ignoring the fact you let her die and instead read comic books for children?

Kirby's Thor. Start with 121.

Thank you !

Not a day, or really hour, has gone by that I haven't thought of her.

Superhero stories can be inspirational, even if they are ridiculous.

All-Star Superman

Why didn't you save her, OP? Why did you let your friend die?

You guys are faggots, leave OP alone.

Thank you so much!

That's the question I'll be asking myself until the day I die.

OP cost someone their life. He probably tried dressing up as Superman to run over and save her instead of calling the police.

"What's so funny about truth, justice and the American Way?"

Arguably the GOAT Superman story and a really nice lesson about true heroism.

Kingdom Come also applies.

Hellboy. Dude never lets his fate keep him down.

Huh. Just realized this page from the TF2 comic was probably referencing this.

They aren't wrong. I did make the wrong call. She shot herself in the head. Nice girl, it's ironic. She wasn't anti-gun, but she was pro-regulation because she was tired of seeing people die because of guns.

I thought I could keep her on the line and talk her down. I was her first and only call. I tried calling the police on another phone while keeping her on, muting her only for a brief second to give her address. They of course didn't get to her in time. But they never had a chance. It was up to me to remind her that people do care about her. And I failed.

Life is precious. Please, if you're ever in a position where you believe killing yourself is the best option, seek help.

Damn, sorry about that OP. You cared about her and you did your best. It's still a shame that she was in that bad of situation though.

Thank you guys!

I just wish I had tried more

Cheer up, OP! You can just try to do better nex-... oh yeah :^(

You can't beat yourself up like this user. It's not your fault, she wanted to die and there was nothing you could have done to save her. You sound like you did your best, and that's all you could do. Move on, live your life.

Why did she kill herself?

Had you stayed on the phone with her, there's still no telling if your words could have helped her. Sometimes there are no right words and if there are you don't have the script. I'm sure you'll be thinking about how differently you could have handled the situation for times to come, but when someone's life suddenly falls into your hands like that it's hard to know what the right choice is. Nothing you can do about it now, but think about it and move on.

Thank you. Sincerely.

Oh fuck off you twat. He tried helping someone and it blew up in his face you don't have to pour salt in his wound. I hope you stay up at night realizing you've probably done nothing with your life.

You did the right thing user. There was nothing else you could have done in this situation, it wasn't you. The stress your feeling is completely natural, but still very harmful. Please consider seeing a psychiatrist.

You're a dumbass

Not really your fault, user. Seems like she was set on doing it.

she decided to kill herself. totally self centered and excluding of everyone and everything around her. you didnt make her do it or cause it. she was alone in the room when she did it to herself. not your fault.

>blew up in his face

I know what you're trying to say, but considering the circumstances, don't you think that phrase is a little insensitive?

Here's your (you), asshole

I wouldn't recommend you reading Spider-Man. He's always depressive and cynical. It just wouldn't help.

At least he wasn't the cause of someone's death?

OP check out Born Again, good DD with exactly what you want.

my dad killed himself to be found on father's day 3 years ago. it's hard to accept it. but it wasn't your fault, it was theirs.
there are always things we "can do" but beating yourself up for too long is not the right thing.
Seemed like you meant something to her though. how old are you guys?

sorry forgot to recommend will eisner in general. check out the building. that shit made me cry

Silver Surfer Requiem is something you should read, not really about optimism but about inevitably dying and coming to accept it, it's the only book I've ever read to make me cry