The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 38)

How's she bootin'er, Sup Forums? Let's read some superheroes, eh?

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Man, today has been a real shitshow, hasn't it?

Any Canadian Anons in the audience?

Fun Fact John Byrne didn't want to do this, but he was told if he said no they would just give it to someone else. Not wanting to see someone get his characters "wrong" he took the assignment

Ah, classic Byrne.

Oh hey, it's Wild Child.
Didn't know Byrne was still alive either.

I'm amazed that he could pencil and ink two ongings at once. He was still on Fantastic Four

He did the same thing on Superman. Byrne was fast as fuck in his prime.

There's a twitter feed dedicated to pulling quotes from his personal forum called John Byrne says, it's a great thing

He stopped going to cons awhile ago, but he's going to show up to a Trek con and has made a big point that he will not sign anything that isn't Trek related

Aye Bub, wus that cumment aboot Canadians?
Oooh soory thar, but ey dun't think ey can let that thar go so easy-like.
Aye, gunna hafta pop tha ol' claws thar now. Soory 'boot this...
Grrrr, Bub. Y'know.

I think Wild Child is dead currently, both 616 and AoA.

kek

> Dan Smallwood
I feel so sorry for the life this guy must've had all through school

Am I the only one who thinks Aurora is kinda cute?
Yes

Fucking lol

> The Canadian military is so polite you can assault a guard and get off with a warning

Man they beat the American army back in the Invasion of Quebec and have been cocky ever since

>I wonder if Captain America has problems like this?

Depends if Steve gets an asshole like Gyrich on his case that month.

And good 'ol Alpha Flight: A government team fighting for Marvel's most evil government, Canada.

Oh? is that from his forum?

Gyrich was such a great foil, whatever happened to him?

Did he get a surgery and change his name to Maria Hill?

I'm pretty sure he was in the Johns Avengers run

There were some rough years for Gyrich after Shooter left. The thing is Gyrich was a stand in for Shooter's step father. You may have hated him, but ultimately he was always trying to do the right thing

Once Shooter got the boot some writers who hated him just made the character a straight up bad guy as a big fuck you to the former EiC

LOL

Reminder that Canada in the MU is basically worse than Nazi Germany ever was.

Sorry, my internet shat itself for no raisin
Posting from phone btw

It sucks that Captain Marvel hijacked Alpha Flight

Alpha Flight has been dead since Byrne left the solo at issue 32 or so

The fact that Northstar escaped to join the X-Men is nothing short of a miracle.

That doesn't justify Captain Marvel hijacking Alpha Flight. IT SUCKS, considering that they always sold better than her shitbook

FYI: That shit's happening all over for some reason.
My phone had a weird date glitch today, the credit card gizmo at the grocery was fucked for the folks in line infront of me, a website I shop on had to take my order by phone, the archives here are fucked, TV feeds are spotty...
If this is an ad stunt for MR. ROBOT season 2 I'm going to be pissed.

Miracles, by their very definition, do not exist: were is Northstar now?

>were is Northstar now?
He was on Amazing X-Men

i almost missed this

first pokemon go now this, i don't wanna cyberpunk

Last I saw him, he had to resign after some shit went down in Avengers Initiative.

How do they not have anti-mutant scanners or testing yet?

I think Jeanne-Marie is cuter.

Occupied Canada.

Cutting edge tech.

>Tundra

We know it's you, Holland.

Puck is Alpha Flight's Logan.

Still trying to keep your connection together, OP? I've known of Alpha Flight, but this is the first time I've read them on their own (not counting their crossover with Kurt and Logan), and I'm liking the dynamic.

Same here.

bump

>Any Canadian Anons in the audience?
Since this is auxiliary to the main series, sure I'll come along.

Also, Alpha Flight is good comics most of the time.

Nah, he was killed off in Romulus's stupid mutant fight club shit when Omega Red tossed him in molten metal, which was stupid given Wild Child's speed and reflexes, but later showed up... I think in Aaron's run on Wolverine, when Sabertooth threw himself a Back from the Dead party and Wolvie showed up to beat up all the random villains who were there. It was REALY dumb. But yeah, Wild Child had a cameo, and has since been listed as alive in an official Marvel character database.

He's been in limbo ever since, though. Such a waste of potential, what with Sabertooth being neutered by Scarlet Witch, Wolverine being dead, and Daken being healing factor-less and supposedly sick and dying and one armed.... And Feral is still dead I think.... Marvel could use some feral mutants for once.

I have a real soft spot for Alpha Flight, myself. Such a shame the franchise seems absolutely cursed. I think the only character who really did well at all was Northstar, and I think that ended up being largely due to his status as the first gay character Marvel had.

Everyone else just gets shit on or used as fodder half the time. Especially the ones who weren't original Alpha team members.

Lil's pointless death still pisses me off, as well as Madison Jeffries getting nurfed to hell and then forgotten by X-book writers and editors. And Wild Child has suffered so much poor handling that no one even recognizes the character from book to book.

Alright, sorry for the wait, I think my connection should be fine now.

>choke
lol
I kinda miss shit like that in comics desu

>DISEMBOWELED
Jaysus

Bretty cool design honestly

Great fucking cover