Anyone else feel like they could do his job better than he's doing it?

Anyone else feel like they could do his job better than he's doing it?

Almost certainly. He's not even a good ideas man anymore

Probably not, honestly. I don't think I'd be able to completely throw away my artistic integrity in favor of making shocking B-movie stuff that'll rake in money.

What I don't get is that Bendis is going with all sorts of minority report bullshit with Civil War, when it's ripe for addressing one of the most dogged morality issues facing super heroes: The use of lethal force.

Have a hero start by killing a total bastard like the Red Skull and decide that maybe, sometimes killing unrepentant mass murderers is an okay thing. Have another hero decide that slope to be too slippery and that the "no killing" line is drawn in the sand for a reason. Have different heroes take different sides, and you can actually have a Civil War where both sides have a point instead of the two we've gotten so far.

No, not really. But I have really low self esteem so that might factor in on some level.

Starting with himself, everyone.

I actually like his work ... but yes, I'm just better than everyone, including him.

Hey, ripping off last November's tv remake of Minority Report took talent, class, and effort.

Lesser minds would have called a thing like that something original, but Bendis knew - he knew instinctively - that only calling it Civil War II could possibly put the sales up to the highest level.

I'm pretty sure Red Skull's been killed a couple times now. Steven Rogers does not fuck around with Nazis.

The problem is that Red Skull cloned himself.

I'm gonna be that asshole and say yes even tough I know next to nothing about the Marvel universe.

I won't be really good and I'm sure I'll be eternally stuck as that ''fill in writer who's there for six issues until we find another guy'', but at least my mediocre stuff won't anger as many people as what Bendis does.

Marvel heroes seem to rarely give a shit about killing tons of people. Only when it's a major named villain do they stay their fist/hammer/gun/energy bolt.

His "job" is making Marvel money.

He's the best at what he does.

He sells comics so he's doing his job right

However, I'm sure I could take all his ideas and make much better comics. Sadly, since my name would be on the cover instead of his, they would sell like shit.

a fucking hack

Well Ive been told Im a decent writer, and I cant see myself doing any worse than him, but I'd probably have more investment writing for DC

Bendis is good, but he just really needs an editor that tells him "no".
He also needs to do half the work he's doing so he can concentrate but he has a large family so that's not an option.

I certainly do.

"The War Machines" was a load of fucking nothing.

brian michael bendis is a hack?

A hack?

Wait. Are you saying Brian Michael Bendis -

The comic book writer -

Comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis -

Yeah.

Is a hack.

Yeah.

Wow. I did not see that coming.

What have you written?

>it's ripe for addressing one of the most dogged morality issues facing super heroes: The use of lethal force.
> having characters die
> in capeshit
hahahahahahahahaha

good one.

>quality doesn't matter, only money

Can't wait until Marble is in the grave where they belong.

Marvel is selling less and less comics, so you can't really say he's doing a great job from an investor standpoint.

>Marvel comics goes bust
>They sell off the assets
>It's restarted by people who give a fuck
>Nothing big, four titles a month

I could live like that. That would be a stronger world, a stronger loving world, to die in.