HE'S BACK

HE'S BACK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X69rXDeYoFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It looks...ok. Haven't seen the one before this so I'm not up on the story after Seed of Chucky. I'll give it a try.

I'm not scared of you anymore, motherfucker.
Fuck you for those sleepless nights.

When I was a kid a poster of him with scars was in the window of a movie rental. I was extremly scared of him too. Nowadays I love Chucky movies. I was also scared of an Mars Attack poster tho, so I was probably just a a wimp

I used to think Chuckie was funny even back when I was a kid. Like how do you even get scared, he was throwing around 1 liners everytime he was on screen

Yes, I think when had actually watched the movies as a kid I'd have liked them back then already. But since I wasnt allowed to and only saw that particular menacing movie poster... well.

>up on the story
wan't the last one a reboot? or is this the reboot?

or I'm thinking of the Leprechaun one, maybe. hard to keep up with this shit

I always thought he was hiding right behind the corner of my bedroom. Didn't dare to close my eyes.

When my mom was doing groceries I hung around the movie rental store and looked at the covers and descriptions of movies. That's what made it scary.

Curse wasn't a reboot, but it wasn't a direct sequel either. It's definitely for long-time Chucky fans, yet accessible for newcomers. Cult takes off after Curse.

thanks, user

was curse the one with the wheelchair girl?
Whatever that movie was, I remember that I was appaled by it because Chucky looked smooth and dolly like for the majority of the movie and I thought that's just the new style. But he went back to his scared face and all was good again

AND HE'S DIRECT TO VIDEO

why are you guys scared? just kick him then rip him apart
it's a doll for christ sake

>was curse the one with the wheelchair girl?
yep

so was the last one and it was one of the best in the franchise

Curse was really fucking good. Renewed my faith in contemporary horror.
I'll watch Cult for sure, but the scene where Andy blew Chucky's fucking head off post-credits was like a good night kiss from the franchise and I would be 1000% OK if that is where the story ended forever. Kind of disappointed that this film may retcon that.

the call of more money is strong. I'm glad they at least make kind of good movies with Chucky, since they are not restricted by iconic actors (like the abyssmal Nightmare on Elm Street remake)

he progressively got funnier as the movies went on

dinklage ain't looking too good these days

Just like Freddy Krueger. A crossover of those two would be neat, but I doubt Robert Englund is still up for the role

STOP POSTING ABOUT MOVIES ON Sup Forums.
For fucks sake you retard redditors don't know how to use this site at all do you? Sup Forums is for TELEVISION, /m/ is for MOVIES. UNDERSTAND? Thankyou now stop shitposting and shitting up MY board.

>"Television&Film"
Don't bully

>scared of Chucky

Even as a kid, I thought I could whoop his ass. Chucky, Jason and Ghostface didn't really scare me back then. Texas Chainsaw, Elm Street and Exorcist gave me nightmares for years, though.

Oh goodie, another meme no one cares about

It's weird that this and Curse were filmed in my city but I never heard a word of it.

Child's Play = Bride of Chucky > Curse of Chucky > Child's Play 2 > Child's Play 3 > Seed of Chucky.

One of the best-quality horror franchises. Seed of Chucky is really the only bad movie and even that was entertaining.

To be fair, he is a tough motherfucker. If he was stalking you down, you'd be hard pressed to find him because he's so goddamn small.

>tfw Candyman, Pumpkinhead and Hellraiser are all good, but shit-tier franchises

Hellraiser had amazing practical effects and visuals. I pretty much only watch them occasionaly because of that. The story is garbage

Unless there's finally a scene where some guy knows Chucky has human parts inside the doll body and wants to kidnap him for his own personal fucktoy in it I'm not touching the movie.

>Hellraiser
>amazing practical effects

HAHAHAHAHAHA no

the three reasons to watch it are frank, julia and pinhead

uh this is the OFFICIAL RANKING:

Child's Play > Child's Play 2 = Child's play 3 > Curse > bride >> seed

Curse was fucking garbage, nothing can be worse than seed tho

>When I was a kid a poster of him with scars was in the window of a movie rental. I was extremly scared of him too.
Are you literally me

tfw growing up my sisters would scare me with watching chucky and would laugh at me

>Child's Play 2 = Child's play 3

No. Child's Play 2 is better than 3, they're not equal.

>Child's Play = Bride of Chucky > Curse of Chucky > Child's Play 2

This may be one of the worst rankings of any franchise I have ever seen on here.

it probably was the exact same poster too. I was scared of a lot of images when I was a kid.
Embarassing story: My first encounter with horror movie content on screen was Scary Movie 4. I got incredibly scared of the Grudge parody when the ghost kid crawls/falls down the stairs.

What are you talking about? I'm not even a big Hellraiser fan, but I'll admit the effects are great.

saw series as well

I remember around Halloween time, my Spencer's gift store at the mall used to have a realistic, expensive ass Chucky doll in the window of the store. I used to hide my eyes as I walked past, nigga

I genuinely enjoyed every Chuckie film and hope they stay enjoyable for the foreseeable future .

damn i wouldve pissed myself. Now Id like to buy it, fucking hell

>plastic skin and fake ass blood in every close up cut
>the engineer cenobite being pushed by clearly visible wheels behind him
>that fucking dragon skeleton thing

don't even get me started on the stop-motion and blue screen shit in II and III

Frank's resurrection and the make-up effects were fucking great, though

Its a direct sequel, Tiffany in her human body is the one who mails Chucky and kills that guy at the end. Chucky also reference being around for 25 years after the events of child's play 1 which we know took place because in the rated version Andy is repeatedly referenced in news articles and in the unrated he shows up in the post credit sequence.

Same, even seed has its own weird shitty charm to me.

I really like seed as a comedy. The kid is kinda obnoxious but the chucky and tiffany trying to be a parent portions are pretty cool. Just the ending sucks ass imo

I haven't seen a single one since Bride when it came out.

Should I continue?

yeah, they are not groundbreaking but very entertaining

It's not a direct sequel. There's a fairly large gap between Seed of Chucky and Curse of Chucky and the story doesn't follow on. The Tiffany stuff is very minor and the Andy stuff even more so. You could watch it without having seen the most or even all of the movies.

>mfw the local rental place had the horror section directly adjacent to the checkout counter

I don't think you know what a direct squeal is. This is a sequel in a timeline in which the events of Child's play 1, Child's Play 2, Child's Play 3, Bride of Chucky, and Seed of Chucky have taken place, featuring characters and information from the previous films as story and background elements. Curse of Chucky is a direct sequel to Seed of Chucky just like Bride was a direct sequel to Child's Play 3.

Call it what you want. An indirect sequel, a standalone sequel, a soft reboot... etc. You don't need to watch Seed to understand Curse. All the essential information is given.

1,2,3 are Andy's trilogy. One flows into the next.

Bride and Seed are a duology both in story and tone.

Curse started a new "set" of Chucky sequels and Cult is the second of these.

ADE DUE DAMBALLA

>Spencer's chucky doll

Shit I dealt with that too I hated going into Spencer's as a kid cause of that damn doll

So? You don't need to see Friday the 13th part 6 to understand part 7, you don't need to see Batman before watching Batman Returns.

I can't call it a indirect sequel because it directly follows the continuity of the previous movies in the series

I can't call it a standalone sequel because it is clearly placed within the timeline of the franchise and features characters and plot details relative to the previous five films

I can't call it a soft reboot because it is the 6th entry in the direct timeline of Chucky's timeline post transformation and is rebooting nothing since the main character "Chucky" is the same character with the memories, experiences, and scars from his previous five excursions.
...ect

The reason you don't need to watch the previous entries in the franchise to understand and appreciate Curse it because the writer/director wanted to new fans to be able to watch a film from this 25+ year old franchise without having to do homework beforehand.

Curse is the writer of literally every Chucky film Don Mancini directly continuing his franchise with it's complete canon intact. In the world of Curse of Chucky the events of Seed definitely happened..

The type of sequel you're referring too would be like a Halloween:H20 which ignores the existence of films 3-6 in the franchise and rewrites its killers history.

Look I know you kids are really into forcing memes now but leave the poor robotposters over at /m/ out of it.

This pretty much nails it

iktf my man. Funny how after watching them now, I wish I just had the balls to watch a full movie as a kid I woulda realized how corny it really was.

Good grief, stop being so pedantic. I'm clearly not implying that Curse takes place outside of regular Chucky canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=X69rXDeYoFU
Jump to 3:40 to hear Don Mancini say "We intended the movie to work as a standalone film. A sort of reintroduction to the character for new audiences."
At 4:18 he says "We don't need to know any of the specifics of his mythology to get anything out of the movie."
At 5:00 he says "I relished the opportunity to just kind of do a redo of Chucky."

Now looking at my original comment
>Curse wasn't a reboot, but it wasn't a direct sequel either. It's definitely for long-time Chucky fans, yet accessible for newcomers.
do you now understand what I'm saying?

It doesn't continue the plot of Seed of Chucky. Let's leave it at that, okay?

gotcha, you have that specific type of autism where a movie has to take place literately seconds after the events of the previous film for you to consider it a direct sequel.

It doesn't matter that the film takes place after the events of Seed of Chucky and Tiffany being transferred back into a body is a direct effect of Seed. There was a 9 year gap between the films and the writer decided to add so expositionary dialogue because newcomers to the series may not be familiar with a 25 year old movie so it cant be a direct sequel.

Its fine if you choose to not consider it a direct sequel which seems to be the case, but to tell people unfarmiliar with the source material for a fact that it isn't is just categorically untrue and implies that it follows the path of other horror reboots like H20 and ignores previous films from it canon.

If a film has the same lead character as previous films in the series and exists in the same canon it is a direct sequel by definition, but if you want to call definition of terms pedantic then by all means go ahead.

I've only seen 1 and 2, but I'm planning on watching the rest. should I avoid Bride and Seed?

Bride is a better comedy than it has an right to be, but if you dont want a Chucky comedy its safe to avoid.

Watch Seed if you really liked Bride and want some awful early 2000's nostalgia, I believe it opens with Chucky killing Brittney Spears if that gives you any indication of what type of movie this is. Otherwise you wont loose anything by ignoring it.

I mean... your definition of "standalone" doesn't seem to match up with Don Mancini's. So are you going to freak out if I use that term like he did?

Whatever. You're being pedantic and that's fine. The term doesn't matter to me.

Never once did I say that Curse of Chucky is not a standalone film, lots of horror sequels work as standalone films, heck that's pretty much what any long-running franchise has to do to maintain and grow a fan-base. You're just having a hard time figuring out the two aren't mutually exclusive and Curse of Chucky is a Standalone direct sequel to the Chid's play franchise.

It is a movie that can be seen and understood on its own, as well as a direct continuation of the events in previous franchise enteries.

>Never once did I say that Curse of Chucky is not a standalone film,
>I can't call it a standalone sequel because it is clearly placed within the timeline of the franchise and features characters and plot details relative to the previous five films

Its a standalone film and a direct sequel, read the words and understand context.

You're telling me to understand context? You wrote whole paragraphs explaining how the movie isn't a reboot when my first comment in this thread literally started with the words "Cursed wasn't a reboot".

This one looks really good. I thought Curse of Chucky was pretty good, but still missing something to make it purely enjoy it like the original Child's plays

Nope, I was explaining how it is a direct sequel to the events of Seed of Chucky and what the qualification for a direct sequel were.

And then, understanding how you defined "direct sequel" I said
>Call it what you want... a standalone sequel

You said
>I can't call it a standalone sequel

I said
>Jump to 3:40 to hear Don Mancini say "We intended the movie to work as a standalone film.

You said
>Never once did I say that Curse of Chucky is not a standalone film

And then
>Its a standalone film

I'm not even disagreeing with you. Don Mancini says it's a standalone film. That term works for me and apparently you've come around to using it too. Cool, we're done.