What is the strongest bending element?

Alot of guy think airbending is the strongest thats ridiculous.

Other urls found in this thread:

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Specialized_bending_techniques#Combustionbending
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waterbending technically = all other bending

Depends on what you mean by strongest. If you mean greatest capacity for ruining shit then lavabending has it beat.

The element of SURPRISE!

How?

If we include every possible technique and look at what every master of each was able to do? Waterbending.

Bloodbending m8.

I thought the idea was that none of them are inherently the strongest. They all have balance.

The videogames have always made airbening OP, but we can't really use them as a reference. I think it has advantages in Aang's timeline because nobody knows how to fight airbenders anymore, so they're always caught off guard. I bet 400 years before his time Airbenders were pretty weak. I would vote for water, you can freeze people's organs pretty simply I bet.

I didnt say hax you fucktard I said STRONGEST.

If they all had balance then fire needs more healing properties.

If we include EVERY possible technique it has to be firebending, because firebending includes control over heat, and that's terrifying.

Technically all bending is all other bending.

And I dont see how you beat someone who can fly and deny you breathe though lava bending is probably better for mass destruction. You can probably create volcanoes and definitely massive rivers of lava.

Bloodbending

why did waterbending get so many other variations.
water and ice bending, healing, bloodbending, plantbending, spirit purification. Seems they get more than the other elements.

Water bending can do the same with liquid
It's basically organic manipulation on top of that

>lava bending is probably better for mass destruction.

It is hands down better as the bending equivalent of a WMD. Remember when Ghazan took down a giant wall and a temple that had both stood for centuries in a matter of minutes?

Because it's the most fluid

Why wouldn't you include the absolute strongest of what each element is capable of then?

>firebending includes control over heat, and that's terrifying.
Is that true? I thought it was just manipulating fire and lightning.

Could an airbender bend the air out of someone's lungs?

One element isn't inherently stronger than the others. The creative team deliberately made it that way so that skill would be the more important factor.

Yeah. Zaheer did it.

In "The Avatar and the Fire Lord," at the end of the episode, you can clearly see Sozin siphoning the heat out of the volcano.

Yes, and it has been done on screen.

It does, ever heard of cauterizing?

Thats not strength thats hax user.

How powerful is the electrical currents generated by firebenders?

Water.
Bloodbending OP.

Zaheer was such a fucking savage

In ATLA it was sort of implied to be a one hit kill shot.

This. Does Air even get a sub element?
Fire has lightning (for some reason) and Earth has Metal (which is just earth again). I would guess that Air gets sound or something.

And he was voiced by a modern day renaissance man.

Air has flying, which is pretty broken on its own.

Good one but actually air is the most fluid

They're all pretty equal. Isn't it all about balance anyway?

Air's advanced technique is flight, which only two airbenders in history are known to have mastered.

Gas bending or something?

Going off , can a firebender just sort of snap their fingers at someone and cause them to combust?

Yes but so is any bending attack with logic applied, whats the largest thing the electric current can destroy?

Flight, but also control over oxygen since Gyatso pulled a murder/suicide by sealing a room and voiding the whole thing.

astral projection

>Yes but so is any bending attack with logic applied
Umm no. The enternal logic of the show itself implied it was a kill shot.

Gyatso never did that.

Air should get sound but that would probably be obnoxious in a cartoon

>enternal
*internal

The only thing I know him from is He Never Died.

Combustionbending is a thing, and finger snapping is not even required, you just need LOS, you give your target the stink eye, and BOOM.

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Specialized_bending_techniques#Combustionbending

>Gyatso pulled a murder/suicide by sealing a room and voiding the whole thing.
Total fanfiction

He also voiced Mad Stan in Batman Beyond. He was also the singer for Black Flag, is a comedian, and is a published author.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

I thought that the way the whole room looked when Aang found it, all the soldiers skeletons, Gyatso's clothes on his corpse remaining unburnt, and the fact that it was a huge mass grave implied that he took them all out.
That's what I thought, at least.

He also talked shit about Robin Williams committing suicide.

So would it be possible to produce a kiloton(Hiiroshima) grade explosion in an avatar state with this?

Was it about Robin specifically, or more about suicide in general, and Robin was just his excuse to rant about it?

I think he called Robin, and everyone else who killed themselves, weak, which pissed off a lot of people. Kind of ironic given that he probably ran into Zelda a few times when recording his lines.

Possibly, though we've never been shown any avatar that knew how to combustionbend. Just like before Korra no avatar knew how to metalbend, but then, before Aang metalbending straight up didn't exist. So, in conclusion, it should be possible, you just need Korra or some future avatar to learn how to combustionbend, though seeing as we've only seen two combustionbenders, they appear to be a pretty secretive club.

Ok so fire has literal explosions with combustionbending, and then it electric currents that can destroy rock formations bigger than your house if Azula's feats are anything to say so Firebenders have the most energetic bending meaning they are the strongest.

However basic firebending is weak to the other basic bending forms so theres that.

That sounds like he's more against suicide in general, and didn't have any issues with Robin himself. I share that viewpoint, but I don't voice it unprovoked, especially not where family members or friends might hear me say it.

I think that's what pissed people off. He sounded more disgusted with the people than the act itself.
The guy is apparently kind of a dick, so it doesn't shock me.

I gotta say earth. Earth benders can throw up basically infinite fortifications, turn earth to quick sand, bind people in stone, create sandstorms, and even lavabend.

>and even lavabend

I think lavabending is supposed to be super rare, like even rarer than metalbending, which only 1 in 100 earthbenders are capable of doing.

How common is lava bending though. I mean, can it be taught or is it just a skill that you're born with. Ghazan seemed excited when Bolin revealed that he could do it.

In theory a metal bender could pull a Magneto and bend the iron in one's blood, achieving similar effects. Then again the logic behind metal bending in the show has always been really fucking inconsistent, so who knows.

Hell, shouldn't it be possible for every other bending school to achieve fire bending-like effects by bending their respective elements in a way that generates a shitload of friction, and therefore heat?

A bunch of anons on Sup Forums tried to explore soundbending once

It didn't end well

screencap?

That's how Lavabending works, doesn't it?
Also I think how metalbending is "supposed" to work is by bending the impurities in the metal, which is unprocessed stone. I don't think the iron in blood would have that.
But who fucking knows.

Earth bending for combat versatility.
Strong, fast fortifications, and highest level unlocks machine gun. Tremor sense + dust screen useful too.

Couldn't an airbender lower the air pressure in a room so much that it causes your blood to turn to vapor?

Airbending, ridiculous capability that is both fast and simple
>flight
>concussive blasts
>shields
>basically telekinesis
Wielded by a non monk it would be terrifying

>flight

That only two people in 4,000 years have managed to figure out.

You can create one of those hover bubbles that Aang loved or use an air glider and get the same result

If we're talking subclasses of bending then magma, combustion, and metal are all more destructive but in terms of raw bending by the average bender air is probably the best

Obviously earth because the whole fucking Earth is made of earth.

There was that firebender who restored Korras memories using firebending

Water benders is overrated!
Fire benders is the best

Do you even know how skin works? The old school sci-fi notion that you simply explode in space is as idiotic as the notion th you would implode at double atmospheric pressure underwater. Note; it doesn't happen you fucking autistic retard.

Are you the same guy that got asspained and beyond triggered when someone suggested that Waterbenders weren't nearly as op as he believed?

Because that guy is a pussy.

I'm sticking with Firebending and I'll try to be as in depth as possible. Feel free to tell me what you think of my reasoning. The main reason I'm picking Fire over any other element is because fire itself is a feared natural force, you go out in the woods and you see a flowing stream, oh well, you see a bunch of rocks and dirt slide off a nearby hill, cool, A powerful wind hits you and you move back a couple steps, it happens. But you're in the woods or in your backyard or whatever and you see a roaring flame you know you need to act fast and you need to not get burned. Firebending also has a very destructive sub element, lightening. If used properly no one can stand in your way. No one is fast enough to dodge and react to lightening and once you're hit with lightening, game over. If I had to choose a different element I would choose Air, but with using airbending, I'm not going to be in the peaceful mindset of the airbenders from the Last Airbender Show. If I fight it's a fight to the death, simply by taking the air out of your lungs and watching you suffocate or fill your body up with so much air you pop. But that's my opinion of it.

>No one is fast enough to dodge and react to lightening

Earth easily. All bending save for avatar state and Zahier flying requires footwork to some extent, earth bending takes that away and in Tophs case turns it against her opponent. Sure Air bending can keep you off the ground but their attacks at range do fuck all to a grounded earth bender plus floating around takes up more stamina then using your feet.

Then of course you got metal bending and all the crazy shit possible with that, and the ultra rare lava bending which has even more applications.

Lightning bending is pretty weird in the show. So weird that I think they should never have put it in. There's no reason Zuko should have been able to outrun that lightning bolt to protect Katara.

did lavabending fall under earth or fire, i can't remember

or is that avatar-only anyway so the distinction doesn't really matter

This actually makes sense, never thought about it like that.

Fire. Because burning things is fun! Earthbending is also great, such as metalbending and lavabending.

Earthbending, as Ghazan was seen just bending earth, but never fire, and Bolin is definitely an earthbender. Supposedly having a mixed heritage like Bolin(father was earth nation, mother was fire nation)makes it more likely(though still rare as hell)for an earthbender to be able to lavabend. No word on Ghazan's heritage though.

Earthbending for 3 simple reasons

1) requires less footwork and movements

2) it's fucking everywhere and everyone needs to stand on the ground

3) with 1 and 2 into account, you can basically ambush people, bury them alive and they'll fucking die with no change to bend their respective element.

>Supposedly having a mixed heritage like Bolin(father was earth nation, mother was fire nation)makes it more likely(though still rare as hell)for an earthbender to be able to lavabend
That was just conjecture that spread around for some dumb reason.

Lava isn't fire+earth, it's just molten earth. People just thought it was an avatar thing only since only an avatar was shown bending it.

Yeah, my special snowflake donut steel character I invented hated fighting earth benders for those reasons. With the other types of bending you just gotta worry about dodging their shit, but with an earthbender, you have the added complication of them being able to alter the terrain. That's a pretty substantial advantage in a fight.

In the real world we know lava isn't earth+fire, but in punch wizard land it makes as much sense as anything else.

Air bending should include sound bending for it is nothing else then vibration of said air.

Aang had the bison whistle thing. I think it was implied that he used airbending to boost the sound volume.

Yeah but I talk about real soundbending.
Frequencies that can destroy stuff, cutting soundwaves from music instruments, etc.
That kind of stuff

Technically Aang's only able to dodge the lightning because Ozai is telegraphing when and where he's going to shoot it. If one could lightning bend using only concentration the same way Yakone does with waterbending, then there's no avoiding it.

Why does everyone keep saying that Aang is aim dodging?

The later shots sure, but the initial shot clearly has the lightning coming straight at him and Aang moves out of the way after seeing it coming.

Zuko had enough time to run into the path of lightning after it was already being bended. That's clearly enough time to get out of the way.

Feces

Could a water bender attack someone with rocks in the water they're using? or would it all just fall out from underneath?

Maybe if they froze the water around the rock or something, otherwise yeah, the rock would probably just fall through.

Seems like even if you could hold it in normal water it would be more of a strain than it's worth.

It actually doesn't since there are no known mixed element styles. So far everything has been divided into one of the four elements with no crossover.

We have no idea how it works, it could be something like metal bending, fairly common once you know how it works. Like Lightning bending from Atla, where it's rare and hard to understand, but technicly anyone could learn it. Or like combustion bending that i think was said to be a single clan of people who can use it, which to me implies it's some kind of genetic ability.

Though i would think the last one the least likely since Bolin never knew he could do it, but sort of "learned" it watching Ghazan.

Aang mentioned Air baldes aswell, so they might be able to cut people too.

In LoK, the Wolfbats probending team bends water with rocks in it at their opponents, so it is possible.

>more energy
nha dude, earth bending can move literal tons of rocks at once, that takes far more energy.

Realistically, Earthbending.

You can take pretty much anyone out with a decent sized rock and a well aimed blow to the head.

>bend iron in blood
That wouldnt do much though since your blood barely any iron in it that allows bloodbending like puppetry. It also takes magnetar level magnetic fields to rip the iron out of your blood.