Leaves the first order because he doesn't want to kill people

>leaves the first order because he doesn't want to kill people
>blows up an entire hanger full of his fellow stormtroopers helping Poe escape

hmm

uh, niggers?

He didn't want to kill innocents

he left the first order because he realized there was a very real possibility he'd die if he stayed

as the only reason child conscription works for any length of time is the promise of not dying in exchange for compliance.

so people like him taken from birth to be indoctrinated against their will aren't innocent?

How autistic do you have to be to understand that he was against killing INNOCENT people, he wasn't some kind of suicidal pacifist who wouldn't fight back against people trying to murder him

what was he supposed to do? roll back and let the other stormtroopers kill him?

And his best friend is Poe that killed his last best friend....

thats like getting drafted, seeing some marines commit a ware crime. then blowing up and air force base because of it.

not when theyre the ones firing at and trying to kill you

how are they any different to the rebels then? I imagine they shot at him too

they never tried to kill him!? did you even watch the movie. the only time they fought him was in self defense after he committed treason.

How does a janitor wind up on a hunting mission with the 2nd in command of the entire empire?

affirmative action

didn't he 1v1 an aggressive looking flamethrower matey

horrible writers

That was a distasteful reveal. Almost racist given everything else that happened in the movie.

they all look the same

Because JJ is a hack fraud who teases actual contemplation on murder and violence but then remembers that he needs to have murder and violence in order to sell the movies and pander to brainless masses

Modern action movies are fucking slaughterfests but they're sterile mindless violence so no one really cares

Peckinpah rolls in his grave

>they put finn using a lightsaber on the poster for no reason
Can anyone explain

You are to Sup Forums posting what JJ is to movies.

Same reason he's barely featured, or completely removed, from the Chinese ads

how dare you

>Can anyone explain
At the time it was still fairly secret who the jedi of the trilogy was going to be, so making it seem like Finn was just misdirection.

Do you really not remember? It wasn't that long ago.

>Black guy is the janitor

Racist much, Disney?

He was a red herring. Rey being the Jedi was supposed to be a big reveal.

)) hollywood((

Is Finn therefore the reincarnation of the Elder Wand? He follows the same rules it seems. Whoever wants to be Finns best friend has to kill/defeat his current best friend.

Other similarities:
>the wand chooses the wizard, the finn chooses the friend
>both are brown
>Both served for a time under beings of supreme evil
>possible connections with the other deadly hallows objects with rey being the stone that resurrects the dead (she's static and can't act, like a stone, and is obsessed with finding her family who are probably dead) and the invisibility cloak as Luke (nowhere to be found, in hiding and always wearing a cloak when we see him)

He's just a weirdly handled character in general. Absolute nothing about his characterization communicates that he was basically a child soldier.

It'd make more sense if he actually was a janitor for the First Order, like he told Han Solo.

>cheers excitedly as he blows up fellow storm troopers
>people he knows were taken and indoctrinated from birth, just like he was
>the closest thing to family/friends he's known since he was an infant
>shows no remorse, regret, or hesitation
>also shows no sign of being conditioned from birth to support the first order himself
>behaves more like someone who got picked up by the first order a week ago

Considering he follows an unpleasant cow like Rey like a puppy I'm willing to bet they treated him like crap and didn't see them as family/friends

The problem is that the tone suddenly shifted right around when Finn and that white guy escaped the First Order ship. The beginning of the movie had a tone of "serious military stuff happening". Then it's almost like somebody decided, "enough of that... we need fun Star Wars action". And the tone shifted to "fun adventure". So it seemed that Finn didn't show any actual emotion as he was blasting away at the stormtroopers, except for over-the-top yells of excitement. Which is incongruous with how the movie started.

Nobody is 100% innocent

Why cant you faggots understand that shooting children is much worst than shooting armed adults?

>what is original sin

>spare the children
>years later have to deal with vengeful adults

So he's more like a school shooter then, getting even with his bullies?

sparing male children is the least forward thinking you can be when conquering someone.

It's almost as if the film is poorly written garbage

JJ movie have neck-breaking speed leave little time for character development he was suppose to be a coward who keep running from the fight but muh friendship with rey (whom he just met for like 15 mins) help him overcome his fear

What do people not understand about Finn? he doesn't try to leave the FO because he doesn't want to kill. He wants to leave because he is a coward. He freaks out on his first mission well before he is ordered to kill the villagers. Finn freaks out when he sees another stormtrooper die right in front of him. As a veteran, no amount of training prepares you for watching someone, especially someone on YOUR side, die right in front of you.

From that moment forward he does anything he has to to get away from the FO before they have a chance to send him on another mission.

The reason Finn gets somewhat excited when him and Poe are blowing shit up on the star destroyer is because Poe is excited and also charismatic.

However, Finn is also a good person at heart so when he begins to bond with Rey he is willing to help her and BB-8 so long as it gets him away from the FO.

It's only once he forms a freindship with Rey and realizes she is in harms way that he joins with the Resistance and becomes a true hero.

All of this is symbolized at the very beginning when he begins to wear Poe's jacket.

He said he would not kill for them you idiot. Get a life.

Exactly fucking this, I have no idea how people ignore the huge, rough as hell tonal shifts this movie has.
"I've been brainwashed since birth and I'm now coming to the realization that the First Order are not good at all. We're here murdering unarmed villagers, what the fuck?"
"HAHA POE DID YOU SEE THAT I SHOT HIM I SHOT HIM!!!"

>muhreens
Nothing of value would be lost

If by bullies you mean murderers of younglings, padawans, wives, and anybody who gets in their way, then yes

>Disney
Solved your problem.

JJ Abrams and Kathleen kennedy wanted black people in theater, but at the same time they don't want them to be too much excited about this character
>janitor
>coward
>hapless
>sweaty
>weak...
>comatose

No.

Wait, Finn was an Imperial janitor?

So Finn's not responsible, because he was just a janitor. But ship mechanics and space traffic controllers must pay with their lives?

Yes? They're STORMTROPERS. They're literally based off of Nazis. Does a cog in the machine in a multi-glactic imperialistic order of opression deserve to die if he can't wise up like Finn? Yes. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

>every single german was a nazi
Are you retarded?

Every single stormtrooper was a stormtrooper. They're millitary people carrying out execution orders, not some random people in an imperial controlled country.

oh it was a melee baton thing

>finn only killed stormtroopers
I'll repeat the question: are you retarded?

kill yourself reddit

They certainly weren't on an Imperial battleship having a picnic

movie is garbage, plot, the writing, the "characters" are also awful

dont bother 'analyzing' this trash, even for laughs

>traumatized by the death of his best friend at the hands of the resistance
>joins the resistance 5 minutes later

So, you're telling me that this completely unnecessary movie is poorly written?

Stop the presses!

That's a totally justified thing to do

Finn is the only character that wasn't deravitative from the OT, he's basically 12 years a slave in space thrown into Star Wars because we got to act like Disney is progressive and cares bout diversity. What does it say about Kasdan and JJ Abrams writing skills?

>show that the brainwashing can be undone
>show that not all stormtroopers are evil faggots
>think this is setting up to some alternate solution where the first order is going to have a bunch of defectors when they realize they don't HAVE to be bad
>nope lmao only fn2187

How are you going to go and humanize the faceless enemy only to immediately ignore that?

>RLM thinks this is better than Rogue One

Finn's motivation for leaving The First Order is never explained so we just have to assume it's because he realized he was a bad guy. That makes that entire scene where Finn gets visibly shaken from watching his comrade die utterly pointless since it's never referred to in the movie again and has no impact on his his character behaves at all.

>The reason Finn gets somewhat excited when him and Poe are blowing shit up on the star destroyer is because Poe is excited and also charismatic.
He must be the most charismatic person in the universe if he can make murder seem fun

Bruce Wayne?

>Finn and that white guy
>white
You mean white (Hispanic)

He should know most of the resistance is made up of people who have done just as bad if not worse, than what an average stormtrooper has done.

I really didn't enjoy Boyega's acting, 90% of time it's just him nervously sweating

>Why cant you faggots understand that shooting children is much worst than shooting armed adults?
Alright I need someone to explain this to me.
Some explain this to me and put this list in order of "wrongness"
>Shooting unarmed men
>Shooting unarmed women
>Shooting unarmed children
>Shooting armed men
>Shooting armed women
>Shooting armed children

Assume the party in question is hostile and can not be convinced to not attempt to kill you in a short span of time, though after the battle ends they may or may not be able to be convinced to stop fighting.

TFA: the adventures of ma-rey sue and sweaty jar-jar

>wasn't derivative
>wasn't just playing token clown support
sure bud

underrated post

I felt the same

>imagine trying to act in a serious scene while looking at that thing and hearing a grown man talk in a super high-pitched voice

Liam's face says it all.

Rey is

/thread

really makes you think

how convenient
>no blood on her hands
>able to master anything in a few minutes
>just all around a great gal
>gee whiz

You forgot. These movies are written by writer faggots who havent done shit in their lives and barely have any grasp of logic or how humanity functions.