What did you like better Sup Forums?

Batman with a spandex/fabric suit or Batman with an armored padded suit?

I preferred the armor

I prefer the spandex/cloth. "Batman is a ninja!" is overdone and not entirely true, but he DOES rely more on stealth and ambush than just powering through attacks. His costume should be lightweight and easy to move in.

spandex/fabric

Why not just have multiple different suits depending on the mission?

I default to the Jose Luis Garcia Lopez style guide. I don't see any benefit to drawing in padding or armor because in-fiction explanations for this kind of thing don't really matter.

>in-fiction explanations for this kind of thing don't really matter.

Yeah, tactile telekinesis is the perfect example

I prefer capullos light armour.

Armor padding hidden under fabric.

Mostly fabric, armor on his chest behind a bright yellow bat-symbol.

What about the Batsuits that are almost completely obscured, and what little we do see looks outright demonic (particularly in the cape department), like in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth?

Yeah. While appreciate costume changes, I'm always annoyed by any attempts to make it more "realistic" because when you get down to it none of this shit is realistic. It's better to go with something visually appealing.

Realism in funnybooks about strongmen beating up clowns is stupid.

I prefer armored. Not to IronBat levels, but something that offers some protection while still being believable mobile and stealthy.

Honestly, Batman's smart enough he should just be able to build an armored suit that's as easy to move in as spandex.

>Honestly, Batman's smart enough he should just be able to build an armored suit that's basically spandex
FTFY

Batman goes up against Superhumans on a weekly basis he needs protection. Armored is the way to go.

He has the beyond suit

Him and Superman should always be in some sort of fabric. Batman because he's very very sneaky. Superman because literally what the fuck is armor there for?

this is my fav batsuit

This

IMO the best explanation for not using a mechsuit all the time would be cost. There should be a line in a comic where he explains it; "what kind of idiot would wear power armor for every mission? You know how much money it costs to power it?"

This. Everyone seems to think it's only one or the other, either he's Iron Man, or he's wearing tissue paper. The BvS suit looked like fabric, but it was incredibly armored.

This actually happened once, but it was an AU sort of thing. He realizes that he's spending millions every single night, and he's completely fucked when Ra's messes with WE. He goes out in the old batsuit and nearly gets killed because he's gotten so lazy relying on tech.

Same here. I hate anything Tacticool

>Superman because literally what the fuck is armor there for?
So he isn't naked if someone uses a flamethrower on him? Though that is one of those acceptable breaks from reality, like lifting a ship and it not breaking in half. Even though I always imagined it being a subconscious form of TTK.

Just bioaura the suit.

Armor a shit. No way he can sneak around in hockey pads.
Kill yourself, casual trash. Yoh probably think Bales suit is better than Afflecks.

Fabric Batman is perfect.

I'd pay to see Afleck in the 66 suit. He'd actually look like the Bronze Age comic book Batman.

Both

This one

It depends. As long as he doesn't have that God dammed light blue costume.

Depends on the story really

I always enjoyed that version of the suit but wouldn't really want that with all my batman stories.

Spandex/fabric by far.

Maybe if they fixed the cat ears, make them look like a solid part of the cowl. Otherwise, it's the perfect costume.

so there should be absolutely no reason for anything, just complete random crap? sure that's great thinking.

what if some people like multiple layers and not just an anatomical sketch with a mask? some people might find that 'visually appealing.'

>Even though I always imagined it being a subconscious form of TTK.

You don't need to imagine it, they actually said this is how his powers work in the Post-Crisis era

Not a big Superman reader, sorry. Loved Red Son though.

So, what about the colors? Should it be blue or black? Should there be underwear on the outside? What batsymbol should it use? Or should it be something different altogether? This is probably my favorite version of the batsuit without underwear, which I really don't want to see anymore.

OH GOD SO STUPID
look at those horrid tacticool boots! superheroes are supposed to be as basic an anatomical sketch as you can possibly do, with a mask. he should be wearing stockings.

It's best when it's something that a criminal could mistake for part of his body.

Ah... how about this one then?

No? It's just silly to say that Batman should have armor as if he's a living, breathing being. It's all fiction. It's all cartooning. Batman is an abstract representation of an idea so you break him down as simply as possible.

That's not say I don't enjoy more detailed Batmans. I love Paul Pope's Batman. I love Sam Keith's Batman. I even like Frank Miller's armored Batman. However that's all using the simplest Batman iconography as a base and building upon it.

disgusting. THIS is what superheroes are supposed to look like, just put a mask and a cape on this and he's batman.

A treated cloth base layer would be ideal for sneaking and ambushing as it would also offer some protection against blades and blunt-force weapons. Hard plate add-ons could be made for ballistic resistance and reserved for special missions.

i don't know, i just kind of like the attempt to pretend for even less than a second that it's not just complete bullshit. how is anyone going to invest in it if it's just plainly obviously nonsense without even the barest attempt to make me think SOME part of it works?

i understand batman isn't a real person. i understand that there are no superheroes. that said, i find it really hard to take someone seriously when he's trying to look all tough wearing a black morph suit.

That's fine.
My problem is when they make a really boring looking costume and justify it by saying it's more "realistic"

my problem is when they just color in an anatomical sketch and call it a costume.

For the same reason I understand that Garfield is a cat despite the fact that cats don't look like that.

i like my superhero stuff to be SLIGHTLY more serious and engaging than Garfield.

>mask
>cape
DISGUSTING
The only thing any hero needs is bodypaint!

I prefer the armor. There's just no way Batman doesn't get shot every now and then.

>i just kind of like the attempt to pretend for even less than a second that it's not just complete bullshit
I know it's just bullshit and I love it. As long as it is played straight, the moment it turns and winks at the reader then it becomes trash

>bodypaint
ATROCIOUS!
The only thing any hero needs are briefs!

>. There's just no way Batman doesn't get shot every now and then.

Sure there is, he's a superhero

This reminds me of Wanted, which had a story about a gang of naked bank robbers. They never got caught until CCTV came out, because nobody was looking at their faces.

Meant to link to

Well, yeah, but when you get attacked by an unstoppable, lighting-quick, dracula-toothed demon man in a pitch-black alley you're not going to be critiquing his sartorial choices.

>OH MY GOD, IT'S THE BAT! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! By the way, that guy's underwear is on the outside!

Is Year 100 any good? All I've heard about it is that it poorly shoehorns in social commentary.

I loved it. Pope's art is great, and seeing how Batman uses gadgets to appear supernatural is interesting, like the mouthpiece in the example panel.Just don't expect a full conclusion.

Light Armor is GOAT

HE'S NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS

>poorly shoehorns in social commentary
I haven't read Year 100 in a while but I don't remember much social commentary.

I prefer the more comic-y look of the traditional spandex, but I have yo acknowledge that, as an unpowered human, it makes a bit more sense to have a semi-militarized, armored getup. Arkham City did a good job of creating balance with a traditional suit that still looks utilitarian.

When it comes to Superman though, there's no question. Why is the fucking man of steel wearing a costume with armor plate seams in it? Looking at you, New 52

The BvS Batsuit was the best. They did a great job with that.