13 Reasons Why

Just watched this series
let's have a discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitr.com/4328004/13-reasons-why-blamed-for-two-teens-suicides-families-claim-very-graphic-scene-was-the-trigger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every reason is her fault from a lack of judgement

Maybe not the rape part but its her fault for going to the house of a known rapist

>its her fault for going to the house of a known rapist
this
you go to a rapist's house you're gonna get raped
not much science there

Bryce is definitely /ourguy/

Everybody in the series said that she was a drama queen, even the greaser retro mexican gay badass dude said she was too much. Even Clay knew that. That being said, it's a pretty good series.

>DUDE I got raped

Literally whatever.

Sure. The book is better.
Anything else?

Anyone else kinda enjoy the rape scene?

This. I knew it from the first time he was introduced, I was like, "I like that Bryce character."

Why couldn't she just have 1 tape that said "Chad raped me and my friend" why the fuck is shit like her poems or the best asd list even relevant compared to that?

Because she was dramatic as fuck.

That's fucked up kys

I just couldn't stand the characters all being so retarded
>Person who gets tapes doesn't immediately get a lawyer
>Even with a parent who is a lawyer
>Clay is retarded but every character likes him and he is essentially supposed to be almost perfectly good
>Hannah is an idiotic selfish cunt that doesn't even plan for her parents having closure while creating her tapes
>Bryce is comically evil and really should be well known as a rapist because he does it so casually
That being said, I watched it while listening to the leftovers sound track and some of the songs worked really well with the show. Made it tolerable to sit through

Not as much as the suicide scene
They actually made a fucking trigger warning

The second season's probably gonna get cancelled cause it apparently inspired 2 girls to commit suicide

inquisitr.com/4328004/13-reasons-why-blamed-for-two-teens-suicides-families-claim-very-graphic-scene-was-the-trigger/

Jesus, I thought we were only memeing when we said it would make killing yourself fashionable. Are people really that impressionable nowadays?

Wait really? Are you shitting me?

On the leftovers bit no I am not. All the music is made to usually work with emotional/existential moments and 13 Reasons had plenty of those

I really didn't think this show endorsed suicide. Idk tho.

You underestimate how fucking retarded teenage girls are

This
I felt like the show was constantly being anti suicide

Yeah they have a warning on the last two episodes
It's not literally a trigger warning but it serves the same purpose

They didn't kill themselves over the show
That's just an excuse like blaming video games for columbine

>watch show about suicide
>need to be warned abut suicide being shown

What is wrong with people?

Just like how they cancelled WoW when that retarded kid threw himself off a building.

Rape is a pretty common fetish

You idiot now you are going to be on his tapes
>user this is your tape

Definitely. Every moment of that show is going over how her poor decision is hurting everyone else. I feel that not only does it have a strong anti-suicide message, it is also trying to show the people who have to deal with someone's suicide that it was ultimately the person's decision.

Good show.

>I liked you user.
>I thought we were brothers.
>Then you said those three simple letters.
>K.Y.S.
>So easy for you to say, so hard for me to hear.
>I carried those letters with me every day until their weight was too great to bear.

Tfw I ruined this show for my gf by pointing out how much of an insufferable stupid cunt the mc is. Tfw the only scene my gf wanted me to watch was the rape scene.

>Good show.
my nigga

>You see you had no idea how important shitposting on this Taiwanese Nitting forum was to me
>And you took that away from me
>You broke me

she didn't know it was his house she thought it was some random party that she saw people she knew

Bryce did nothing wrong.

People are stupid. Just like when Dragonball inspired some murders, and Batman a shooting. People get validation from tv, specially americans.

I actually really liked Clay. I liked watching the show from the perspective of him slowly going crazy and becoming some little nerd vigilante. The cemetery scene was great.

i haven't watched this but I bet it's some dumb
>boooohooooo everyone big meanie i must kill myself
teenie bullshit

also responsible for getting dumb kids to emulate it

Why do you think you can use quoting symbols about shit you haven't watched user?

its actually pretty good. its a show reddit loves to hate btw

i trust my instinct

>its a show reddit loves to hate btw
oh ok then

You are semi right actually. It is dramatic, but in a way that it's saying ''it's stupid to be this overtly dramatic''.

false equivalency faggot
you're comparing a multi-billion dollar, massively popular game played by people over the world to a show on netflix most people havent even heard of
that being said television shows tend to handle this sort of thing differently than video games
take battlestar galactica for example
some kid killed himself over the show being cancelled and as a result the studio created another season for it

i liked it alot

OFFICIAL 13 RANKINGS

DINDU NUFFIN
>Twink
>Coked out looking black chick
>Asian jock
>Protag
>Black counselor

Not cool but high school tier
>Jock (white trash edition)
>Asian (dyke edition)
>BLACKED (or would've had he not been a cunt)
>Fag
>BLEACHED (or would've had she not knocked over the fucking stop sign)

Legit not cool tier
>Stalker
>Raper

QT RANKINGS
coked out black chick>suicidecase>not coked out black chick>Azn> cutter

DATE RANKINGS
NCOBC>cutter>COBC>suicide case>azn

GOD TIER: Greaser Fag

fite me

hmm