What are some other films like this that use different animation or art styles for different segments...

What are some other films like this that use different animation or art styles for different segments? Animatrix is another example.

not movies but flcl did it, and simpsons has had a bunch of guests do couch gags

Thanks, though I've seen these.

Try Memories.

If you like Animatrix, try...
- Batman: Gotham Knight (6 Batman shorts in different animation styles)
- Genius Party (7 anime shorts in different animation styles)
- Genius Party Beyond (5 anime shorts in different animation styles)

I think he means different styles within the same work, not anthologies.

Oh wait, he did say Animatrix. Nevermind.

the little prince

Halo Legends.
Some of them were pretty damn good-looking.

a bunch of cgi films have 2d segments like kung fu panda, horton hears a who and mune the guardian of the moon and probably more

Analogies are fine, but I've seen genius party and memories.

Have you seen Neo-Tokyo, Genius Party Beyond and Short Peace?

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Pretty sure Make Mine Music, Melody Time, Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Ichabod and Mr Toad, and Fun and Fancy Free did too, but maybe their animation styles didn't vary as much segment to segment as much as most other movies that do it will.

This switches between two styles.

it's just such a nice animated movie. the poster doesn't even represnt the bizzarnes that is the movie trust me.

bummer this thread is slow while we have a bunhc of shitty gossip threads about marvel characters.

A lot of the films here are pretty good and therefore don't generate much discussion, or aren't widely known and therefore promote next to no discussion. And there are only a handful of them in the first place. Recommendation threads, and especially very specific ones, can have a hard time getting off the ground.

yeah, I noticed that throughout the months. I always wonder if it's worth maybe doing something about it. For example, a big 2 board or comics general like /vg/, the consequnces is that it maybe give one really shitty board and one dead but it's just tiresome of seeing superficial threads about SJW killing comics while talks about animated movies, cartoon or indie comics dies so fast.

I don't really think we need a new board or that the current popular threads are a problem. It's true that a good recommendation thread may last longer with less board traffic, but I really don't think it'd generate that much more discussion on its topic.

Good things don't promote discussion. Arguments do. You start a thread on something people around here pretty much universally like, or invite them to recommend things they love, and more often than not you get a few people agree with posts like "this was so good. I liked ___" and a few "me too"s, and the thread quietly dies. It's only when you're pretty lucky and one or more topics (often some off topic ones) naturally sprout and take off that the thread prospers. Post something people feel passionate about, and you instantly have hundreds of replies of people making and defending their arguments. This means that crap supported by a few rabid fans gets much more attention than well loved gems. Adding more boards won't "fix" that (if you perceive it as a problem that needs fixing), it'll best case scenario just move some crap someplace else and leave you with a slow, boring echo chamber, like you said.

bump