Homestuck

>doesn't contribute to the story
>gets fucked over for no reason
>gets fucked over again and his waifu stolen
>after retcon bullshit, reduced as joke character and trophy wife for another character to become a commercial "progressive" gay pairing and Hussie's welfare check to fund Hiveswap
>there are people who actually read his self-memos and hoped he would be a good character

Should he have stayed dead? At least he could encourage Meenah and Vriska to continue with the ghost army plan.

God, I feel so sorry for his fans. They must be butthurt as fuck for eternity.

Other urls found in this thread:

sta.sh/01znm1rugx5d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was Karkat ever important? During Hivebent I seem to recall him doing a whole lot of nothing as his friends were murdered

apparently he managed to keep the session together long enough to win
but that was never shown

man these salty ops are fuckin lame. were you actually sitting at your computer thinking 'lets find out what Sup Forums thinks of karkat's arc! i wonder what their opinions will be? maybe ill drop in a bit about davekat to see what they think of that, too!'

He was killed to prove how bad-ass a villian character is. This is the girlfriend in the fridge moment.

what, gamzee? who died immediately after and never left the fridge post-retcon?

Your garbage autism web comic is over. fuck off to /trash/

bump

wow this is so dead
why dont you just let it die?

Why couldn't Hussie just let her die?

Why did he have to introduce an in-story retcon to bring her back?

Hussie purposefully created her to be a meta character the narrative revolves around, no matter the damage this would do to the story.

He's made it clear that Homestuck is "his cow"; he only writes it to entertain himself. Pointless and pretentious subversion, aka trolling the reader, is his main form of entertainment.

He does not care about creating a good story, because "good" is subjective and having expectations about what some 37 year old man writes in his free time means you're a Picky Little Bitch.

"TIA."

this but unironically

hst will never stop being butthurt about karkat's arc

It's all on his formspring, you know.

Everyone should have stayed dead.

Then Act 7 is indeed the most brilliant part of Homestuck, because Hussie subverted expectations that it would be good

SASUGA HUSSIE!

Delet This

I don't usually browse /hsg/ but were there really expectations that Act 7 would be good?

There were expectations in the sense that an old man dying of cancer expects there to be an After Life

The hope didn't make any sense, but it was there

I remember skimming through MSPA forums during Omegapause.
There was a discussion about the worst possible ending for Homestuck.
One of these faggots literally said "if Vriska stays dead, that would be the worst possible ending".

I can't believe the fucking whore stole karkat's main character role...

she was already revived by that point

You know, half of the reason Vriska's revival is so bad is because she really does nothing to earn it

Terezi feels bad and John gains Jesus Powers, then saves Vriska when he can also very easily save good people like Nepeta and Equius and Feferi, but doesn't.

It feels like something a sociopath would write

Will Xefros end up being what Karkat should have been?

sta.sh/01znm1rugx5d
glub glub! :D

look at those slutty feet

now that i know he's a butler i like him a lot more

Whose Butler is he?
I've always liked the idea of just some normal dude trying to survive in Batshit Crazy Troll society

Yeah, normal... about that...

>Vriska
What did he mean by this

no idea
all we know is that he buts

See I don't get the need for Vriska to be a Meta Mary Sue

When people talk about liking Vriska they talk about liking the Giant Cunt of Act 5, not the Grunty Good Guy in Act 6 who always talks about how she used to be a Giant Cunt

They're almost two different characters

its a joke. theres no 'need' for anything. it had pretty shit execution but so did everything at that point in the comic

What point did ^2 sprites even serve?

What's the joke with Vriska?

He had to give closure to Davesprites story without just murdering the dude.

It gave us Jasprosesprite, which is perfect seizure waifu material with tentacles and purple/pink glowing cummies

lmfao at people asking what the 'point' was of things that happen in homestuck

terezi...

...is a whore....

So we didn't forget Homestuck is a ~whimsical adventure~.

Yeah, it really is an absurd development. Vriska is a textbook narcissist and she faces no opposition and learns nothing, whereas Terezi is psychologically fragile and emotionally dependent on her.
And John is the all-powerful bystander idiot, with no motives of his own, simply following what Terezi says, unable to process things like "my dad is dead" or "I could save literally everyone".

Oh, sure, you could say John didn't save everyone because "retcon changes must be subtle to not destabilize the whole timeline", but that explanation makes no sense, since Vriska's revival was anything but subtle. The whole thing is extremely disturbing - if there's any philosophy to be found in Homestuck, then it is no sane man's.

It's hard to think that Hussie once wanted Homestuck to be about growing up and friendship... and we got none of that in the end. Maybe he should have stuck to writing what he knew.

Same as Gamzee, I think. They're both treated in absurd ways by the narrative to the point of destroying suspension of disbelief. The joke is on the reader for expecting these characters to change.

...who stole...

...tavros' virginity...

...the plot...

>if there's any philosophy to be found in Homestuck, then it is no sane man's.
i feel like there originally was going to be something about breaking fate in the story, but that was thrown away after hussie's life turned to shit

Dawn of Man asks the Ultimate Riddle.
The rest of the album hints at the answer.

Tavrezi is actually a good crack ship

Please Remove This From The Internet
This Was Supposed To Be Private

SORRY KANAYA, YOU CANT JUST DELETE THINGS FROM THE INTERNET. IF WHAT SOLLUX SAYS IS TRUE, MILLIONS OF DESPERATE BULGE YANKERS ALREADY SAVED IT TO THEIR GRUBDRIVE. ALL YOU CAN HOPE IS THAT IT DOESNT GET POSTED AGAIN.

the actual term is "buttle"

Yeah, Karkat is a fucking loser who needs to die and 8e replaced by the gr8 Vriska.

What are you hoping for in Hiveswap?

>expecting A7 to be good
After the dumpster fire that was A6A6, anyone who thought A7 would be anything other than an abortion was deluding themselves

I don't know if Hussie's quite in sociopath territory, but he's definitely an S-rank autist

a6a6 was great literally until vriskagram

wrong

Trizza Tethys' first appearance to be pretty much this.

>breath -> freedom

Hindsight is 20/20. Somebody who thought it would fix everything was deluding themselves though.

well i suppose you just have a bad opinion

>no censorship on void
step it up senpai

I can't believe Equius fucked all the human girls...

...and killed them all with his pelvis...

...and Jade barked like a dog until she died!

she finally bit off more than she could chew

>that fic where jade went on a rape rampage, fucking every cock in sight
>to save sollux's life, aradia brought back equius to life as bait
>equius banged a just death out of jade
>but in an unforeseen consequence she gave birth to outrageously strong horny puppies as she died

I didn't expect the ending to fix A6A6's garbage, but I was thinking it would at least give us some closure and let us move on

AND THEN IT DIDN'T
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR FOR THE EPILOGUE. MAYBE. :^)

>that one fic where Karkat strangulates Hussie and saves Homestuck

A6 in general was never great, but it could have been redeemed at any point prior to the Vriskagram

That was when Homestuck passed the Shit Event Horizon

karkat...that wasn't hussie

it was your kiwi...

it wasn't his kiwi either...it was terezi
KARKAT
KILLED
TEREZI

[s] hussie: enter

Breath has everything to do with freedom and we all fucking know it.

post sluts in classy suits

Is Karkat a faggoty fartboy, Sup Forums? I think he might be.

>Karkat finally wins

In retrospect it is extremely meta how the author of act 8's self-insert is Sylph of Rage

Oooooooooooooh.
She's trying to heal our rage.

no, she's inviting the creation of rage.

You know shit about classpects.

Seems more like a Page of Rage, if you ask me. :^)

IF she is symbolizing anyone is the fandom's scum. Because any amateur retard is able to keep normal designs instead of blacknifying and fattening. Not to mention those retards dialogues that seem to have been made by someone writing his first fanfiction

the minimun

Do you miss her?

Yes. And I use this therm unironically.

>but that explanation makes no sense, since Vriska's revival was anything but subtle
or how about going back in time to defeat Caliborn before he becomes Lord English, because that's not going to destabilize the timeline or anything, right?

I want to sex them all

everything about act 8 was worth it solely for this image

Hussie saw that all the Tumblr users were creaming themselves over Steven Universe and the fusions in that show, so he had to throw that into his comic just like he did an Undertale reference.

just like he had to make everyone gay because of korra's finale
hussie doesn't write stories so much as he compiles memes