Archie Sonic Universe #87 Storytime

Here they come, rougher than the rest of them,
The best of them, tougher than leather.
Start of a new Sonic Universe arc, featuring Knuckles, Amy, Team Dark, and an eerily familiar new face.

Other urls found in this thread:

www56.zippyshare.com/v/6ZP8m0D2/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=glTnjGmjTcQ
yotomore.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Knuckles and Amy, huh?
Interesting combination. Let's see how it goes.

Now who could this mysterious Enchilada be? And how did he give Omega such a thrashing?

WOW
HOW MYSTERIOUS

「HIGH FLYING BIRDS」

how original

>Knuckles
Yay!
>Team Dark
Woo!
>Amy
Booooooo.

Cool, it's based off the Taxman version of Sonic 2 Beta Hidden Palace

Boco, please.

Uh oh an enchilada. Pender's lawsuit incoming Rip Archie.

Wait, Does Knuckles even remember Nixus or on what he did before the Timeline did a reset after World's Collide?

Yeah he's totally jealous.

The great emerald's power allows me to feel

He's right you know.

No one remembers anything about the old world anymore. Up yours, Kaminski.

Rogue is cute. CUTE!

>dat huff
Shadow's pretty adorable too.

>G.U.N keeping society from collapsing while the Freedom Fighters solve the problem
That's fantastic.

Nicole kept all the old memories safe and the core characters all got their old universe knowledge back.

It sort've blended in with the memories of the current world's iteration before fading into the background entirely.

How could anyone hate Amy in this comic? Shes cute and the opposite of useless.

It's cute how Boco thinks it's people.

God dammit why can the games make the characters interactions this amusing.

>Another Echidna

Oh joy, prepare yourself for yet another fucking bitch-fit from Penders

It weird how Sega hasn't called the comic writers up and said "Hey we got a Sonic game in the works, would you like to help us write the story?"

I'm pretty sure it's just Naugus.

It's Naugus, man. It's not a real Enchilada.

Because that would require basic competence. Also, SEGA seems like they're trying to be Disney, so they've forced this bland "safe" image onto Sonic, so he's not a dick anymore, which is fucking boring.

Even if they wanted to do that(a Japanese company would seriously rather die than ask for a foreigner's help), there's probably some retarded legal thing that prevents them from doing so.

Because Sega of Japan hates America, doesn't even know this comic still exists, and certainly wants nothing to do with its creators.

I feel like they made the design more obvious just to stop the potential lawsuit before it even begins.

>so they've forced this bland "safe" image onto Sonic, so he's not a dick anymore, which is fucking boring.
Coulda fooled me.

Penders would only sue if they used any of HIS echidnas. Even he's not dumb enough to complain about a brand new one.

I hope.

You realise that he sued Sega for having a race of evil Echidnas in Sonic Chronicles, right?
He's a nut.

You're thinking of a different character. That was Thrash the Tasmanian Devil. This is Naugus using a disguise.

Nope. They've completely forgotten the old memories. Go reread issue 257. Even if they did remember, Knuckles wouldn't because he wasn't involved in any of that.

The echidnas that were created for Sonic Chronicles were what started that whole mess actually.

>shadow knows he can NEVER be the main hero after what happened last time

Japan writes the story and that is unlikely to ever change.

Americans made Boom, and wrote Lost Worlds and Colors

>that is unlikely to ever change
It changed six years ago, bud.

>before fading into the background entirely.

Is another way of saying the thing you said.

>shades of old asshole Max
I don't know if I like this or not

The King had to deal with the fact his actions, however indirectly, resulted in Eggman SHITSTOMPING the entire planet. That's a lot of guilt and regret to deal with.

So if he's a little bit of an ass here or there, you can't really blame him.

>Thought this was Thrash before I opened the thumbnail
now I'm sad ;_;

Sonic Universe 087 (2016) (digital) (Oroboros-DCP)
www56.zippyshare.com/v/6ZP8m0D2/file.html

Two things I hope get extolled on with Amy leading a portion of the story alongside Knuckles.

1) Insane hammer power.

2) Incredibly color blind.

>All these up-skirt shots of Amy.

Shit, my bad. they both had a sorta similar color scheme and I just assumed Thrash was back.

His gloves, boots and belt match the ones Naugus has in his new design plus the final page of the last issue was him in Hidden Palace plus he crystalized Omega. He's obviously not Thrash.

>disturbances
You know what that situation needs?
cameras

To be fair It's very likely that his design is based off of thrash's

If you're going to do the whole Knuckles isn't the last story at least go full Dark Brotherhood.

It's Boom Knuckles painted purple.

They can't use Dark Brotherhood at all due to mandates and Penders making hissy fits.

Also, it's Nagus shapeshifting. They have made it incredibly fucking obvious.

Youre welcome.

I just realized this is the secret entrance to the Hidden Palace Zone they added to the iPhone version of Sonic 2, to replace the death pit in Mystic Cave.

Wow

Hey come on come on

Fuck you're right

Damn Ian is a fucking nerd when it comes to details.

And Shadow! Don't forget Shadow!
Always love it when there two get together.

>donchu let them pull that ottoman empire shit again
>wow what a cunt
????

I enjoy that it's being played for laughs rather than drama. Also the fact that he can turn on a dime like that.

>Master Emerald Shards
They always come in threes, don't they?

Aw, but I was hungry.

Civ V King Acorn when

She may have been a background character that no longer exists, but I theorize that Buff Amy was capable of planet-busting with her hammer.

I never knew I wanted a Buff Amy until I read this arc.

>Team Dark shows up
>Instantly hear This Machine in my head
I hate you, Sonic games
I hate you for having catchy themes

Seeing the page with Buff Amy is actually what got me to board the Sup Forums Ride and read the entire comic for the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=glTnjGmjTcQ

i kind of miss it 2bh.

Holy shit whoever drew Rouge needs a raise. He actually made her looks cute and not just worthless fapbait.

Because he thought they were ripping him off.

bump

The story I've heard is that a fan mentioned to him that the characters in the game had similarities and then I guess sperged out and wanted to sue Bioware.

I doubt he ever actually played the game.

If Buff Amy fought Buff Sally, who would win?

Besides us, that is.

I really like your Amy

Draw lewds

FUCKING
SAVAGE

Oh damn they replaced the death pit? I'm usually against updates in ports, but I can't be mad at that. Especially if they finished and included Hidden Palace Zone.

Thanks for the storytime OP.

>both a dig at mm9 and his own franchise
Is there nothing this account won't btfo?

yotomore.tumblr.com/

You have a cute artstyle.

Pity you waste it drawing so much Amy.