Young Animal's solicits for Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye and Shade the Changing Girl are out

Young Animal's solicits for Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye and Shade the Changing Girl are out.

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #1

Written by GERARD WAY and JON RIVERA • Art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING • Variant cover by MATT WAGNER • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ • Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

Cave Carson has done it all: survived countless adventures below the Earth's surface, met the love of his life, and gotten a cybernetic eye...somehow. After he and his wife, Eileen, sent their only daughter Chloe off to college, Cave was ready to become just another mundane member of the surface world. That is, until Eileen got sick. Newly widowed, Cave tries to piece his life back together when a knock on the door of his secret underground lab pulls him back into a past that he and Eileen thought they had left buried deep within the Earth.

Adding to his troubles, Cave must determine if his recent hallucinations and visions are the work of his mind or his mysterious cybernetic eye. (Spoiler: It's the eye.)

Written by Gerard Way (DOOM PATROL, Umbrella Academy) and Jon Rivera (Heartbreak), and illustrated by Michael Avon Oeming (Powers), this is an absurdist action-adventure story unlike any other!

On sale OCTOBER 19 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

This actually sounds pretty badass. Hope it doesn't sell like shit.

Shit, bitch count me in.

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #1

Written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI • Art by MARLEY ZARCONE • Cover by BECKY CLOONAN • Variant cover by TULA LOTAY • Variant cover by DUNCAN FEGREDO • Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

There's no such thing as a little bit of madness.

Far away on the planet Meta, Loma's going nowhere fast. She's dropped out of school, dumped her boyfriend, and is bored out of her mind. She longs to feel things. That's where her idol, the lunatic poet Rac Shade, and his infamous madness coat come it. Loma steals the garment and makes a break across galaxies to take up residence in a new body: Earth girl Megan Boyer. Surely everything will be better on this passionate primitive planet with a dash of madness on her side and this human girl's easy life. Only now that she's here, Loma discovers being a teenaged Earth girl comes with its own challenges and Earth may not be everything she thought it'd be. Megan Boyer was a bully whom everyone was glad was almost dead, and now Loma has to survive High School and navigate the consequences of the life she didn't live with the ever-growing and uncontrollable madness at her side. Not to mention that there are people back on her homeworld who might just want Shade's coat back.

Written by Cecil Castellucci (THE PLAIN JANES, Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure), drawn by Marley Zarcone (EFFIGY) and overseen by Gerard Way, SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL starts a whole new chapter in the story of one of comics' most unique series.

On sale OCTOBER 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Who /doompatrol/ and /cavecarson/ here?

This sounds great.

Apparently Young Animal is canon to the DC universe as well.

I was interested based on the name/creative team.
Now I'm hooked.

/both/

These sound based

Hopefully it'll deliver and they won't sell like absolute garbage in every way

Well, the line has Gerard Way's name attached. His music fans and Umbrella Academy fans should mostly be on board. So even if it doesn't sell gorillions, it'll have a strong cult following.

He has 1.4 million twitter followers so even if just 1% of those buy the trade, that trade is selling more than the majority of dc trades

This reminds me of the premise of Millar's starlight. Bracing for feels.

1% of those will not buy the trade.

What exactly is Young Animal? Is it an imprint or just the name of a line of DC books? Sorry if I'm missing something here.

I know ;_;

It's basically nu-90s-Vertigo. Vertigo proper is going to be primarily creator made stuff.

Neat!

Honestly they might. Obsessed music fans do support the interests of their faves. These are the people who buy 20+ copies of a CD to have it chart well.

vertigo is still work for hire stuff, YA is supposedly in continuity with the DCU that's the difference.

>Oeming
dead on arrival.

>Wagner
>Sienkiewicz

Neat!

Some say it's a continuation of the DCYOU idea of alternative comics that aren't superhero related.

neat

He doesn't even get 20k likes or retweets on his tweets that are made for the sole reason of getting likes and retweets and that's a good indicator of people who actually read and care about what is tweeted by someone, follower count isn't really a huge deal when a lot of those are probably dead accounts or they're just following like thousands of people and dint actually read all the shit that gets tweeted.

Needs to be blacker, half the age of the original, and twice as intelligent, desu. :^)

Those were feels I never expected Millar to make me feel, especially after Wanted and Nemesis.

I hate that I have missed every Flex mentallo story time

Man, I really wish this had a better artist...

Oeming is great, though.

that's a cool cover. wasn't this the one where Way just saw the title from an old book and is running with it

ew no

Is this one of those
>it's not house style so it's bad
>the faces are not pretty so it's bad

Man, Sup Forums knows jack shit about good comic art. It's not all about how appealing the faces look.

What was wrong with the old Shade?

Nothing, they're just doing a new take.

>I want to see the same comic over and over and over again

Yeah yeah, the usual.

Actually I'd like to see new adventures with Shade, but okay.

toxic masculinity

Of course!

Oh you.

like the toxic avenger?