Do we like this movie?

Do we like this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DMDJ0h401kw
theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/05/eating-insects-should-part-sustainable-diet-future-report
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

6/10

It was good but was the rape scene and holocaust imagery really necessary?

I hope this netflix sjw propaganda turd finally exposes bong for the hack he is and puts an end to the 'bong is better than park chan wook' fake news meme

>'bong is better than park chan wook'

Park will never top Memories of Murder

And Bong will never make anything close to that in quality, while Park has made numerous incredible films.

post a webm of the pig rape

>waaaah capitalism is bad!
>says the guy making movies

movie overall was "meh", but scenes with A.L.F. people and scenes with employees of Mirando Corporation were great. Okja(animal itself) should have been made, at least partly, with practical effects, I can't empathize with CGI
also, as this guys said, rape scene and holocaust imagery were too much in your face

now on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=DMDJ0h401kw

I thought it was great. Maybe shave off 15-20 minutes just to make it flow a little better, but overall really good. Felt like a live action Miyasaki cartoon.

The ending absolutely gutted me. One scene in particular.

>And Bong will never make anything close to that in quality

That's because he takes risks and even then, he managed to make the landmark of korean cinema. He's the far eastern spielberg.

yes

Get rid of those scenes and it would make a great kids movie with a nice moral at the end. But those scenes were really rough even for adults.

5/10

It's good "entertainment".
But it has 0 depth, 0 kino moments.
Jack saves it.

It's a perfect example of what actually dishonest filmmaking is. It uses strawman arguments and purposeful equivocations to attack the meat-industry while simultaneously letting that message corrupt the entire film.
Several films push ideological messages that I might disagree with, but this one is basically propaganda and it's shameful.

And the tragedy is that it's really well made in pretty much every other aspect. Jake Gyllenhaal gives such a great performance and is the only person I've ever seen now who can rival Jim Carey in that over-the-top eccentric way. But the filmmakers stupidly ruined it with their politics

Original story. Funny at times. Interesting characters. I liked it.

Not the best Superpig CGI but its good enough

> 0 kino moments.

Not the super pig rape scene?

Lot of animals rape each other you know that?

>Lot of animals rape each other you know that?
This. I couldn't understand the level of indignation in the 'rape' scene.
This happens all the time with animals in many situations.

Btw question for americans : Do you think this movie will impact your country? I mean it's not like you are eating hot dogs every day.

itt: Monsanto bots and shills

>0 kino moments

I don't care about this trash but Lily Collins is super cute

It's not really the same thing when humans are forcing animals who are depicted as being intelligent enough that they can definitely understand rape into the situation.

The best part of the movie was /ourguy/ Paul Dano. Even though the rest of the ALF were cringy SJW, based Dano actually came across as a James Bond environmentalist.
Gyllenhaal was great too, and Swinton was excellent as usual. Other than that, though, I didn't much care for the movie.

>has /ourguy/ Paul Dano
That's reason enough to like it.

Why is solving world hunger bad?

I want to fuck her since that vampire movie.
One of the few good looking bong actress.

It's just a commercial lie.

>One scene in particular.
which one?

When baby pig's parents get sent off to die :(

>Eating meat
>Solving world hunger

There are way more efficient ways to feed everybody

theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/05/eating-insects-should-part-sustainable-diet-future-report

>holocaust imagery
but thats what slaughterhouses look like
the only difference is that the lifestock usually never sees the sky before they get killed

It's an instant C L A S S I C

>insects aren't meat

wait, who gets raped in this movie?

Reddit tier propaganda but since is Korean people here love it

The pig. Gyllenhaal preps a bull pig and makes it fuck Okja while he watches.

nice

Did I get someting wrong or did the pig whisper into mija ear in end? when she turns her head to okja, stares for a second and runs inside.
I mean I know they understood each other, but it seems like the pig is actually forming words

Because the superpigs are super intelligent and sent to their deaths in concentration camps!
Also, the super pigs are actually just "metaphors" for regular pigs but no one would care about a regular pig being killed so they had to invent a whole new animal just to make the audience give a shit.
Fuck the millions of starving people basically

>implying that not how half of all animals are reproducing

So much snap-zoom

>No one talks about her
She did great.

It was ok. The bong's weakest movie

yep

She did good, but it seems like "good" child actors never amount to anything afterwards. This is pretty much where her career will end.

>not the host

woah. How does Jake finds all that time to arrange all those rape meetings?

he'll find the time, he's an animal lover after all!

No, that's Snowpiercer. The message is contrived and on your head, while Okja is clear but not overwhelming. I've seen all of his films, and Memories of Murder three times, and I can safely attest that the correct ranking is like so:
>snowpiercer < okja < the host < mother < barking dogs never bite < memories of murder

>The Host
>the worst Bong film

Go back to plebbit, stay there, and never, ever EVER post anywhere else on the internet

>The bong's weakest movie

That will always be Snowpiercer, what a trainwreck

But I checked out the Okja thread (I don't post, ever, inb4 go back) and the only film of his most have seen was The Host and/or Snowpiercer. Which I found strange, as I though Memories of Murder was more well known, but I guess it's the monster element that drives plebs to The Host.

>what a trainwreck
Yeah, I turned it right off a couple minutes after the train crashes.

What was the message of this scene?

I thought it was incredible and almost 100% worked. It worked the best in the underground chase scene with the low lighting.

BRAP

It was great, with this amount of tonal shifts it should have been a complete mess but it absolutely worked.
Also the great cast elevated this

The best thing about this movie is how they integrated the CG pig within real environments.
The CG itself was just OK but I couldn't spot one instance of obvious greenscreen

Insects aren't sentient.

define sentient

Hi /his/bro

kek

hi

>define sentient

>bugs can't feel things
you don't honestly believe this right?

>ywn be a retarded inbred king
Thank God, actually.

entertainment industry will ALWAYS push the "poor jew" meme.

The rape scene was barely anything. The movie would have been better with the same message but tailored for kids.

does okja mean anything

sounds like it rhymes with mokjja (let's eat)

Madeo is better than your life.

>0 kino moments

You have have missed the scene where the two parent super pigs lift the electric fence to let their piglet escape