Why is the suicide rate for men much higher than women?

Why is the suicide rate for men much higher than women?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250169/Girl-dies-10-days-taking-overdose-scare-childhood-sweetheart-dumped-her.html
afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because women pussy out of doing it. Men just get it done.

Also typically, when women have psychological problems, they seek help, or seek friends.

When men have psych problems, they isolate themselves. They don't want to admit weakness.

Men don't fear death

Men use guns, women use pills (and usually don't take enough)

Women

Desire for attention vs. Desire for results.

this

Women want to look/be remembered as pretty when they die so they tend not to blow their heads off.

Instead, they try and OD or hang themselves

Women talk about their feelings, get help. Men don't

Because when a man attempts suicide, he actually wants to kill himself.

When a woman "attempts suicide," she wants attention from Chad.

This.

Men commit suicide because they want to die, because they can't physically, mentally, and emotionally deal with whatever it is that's driving their depression. Women attempt to commit suicide because they're hoping for someone to stop them and give them attention.

This is why men tend to commit suicide in ways that are often immediate - self-inflicted gunshots, hanging, jumping from heights, etc. Whereas women tend to choose methods that take minutes or hours to be effective like pills, monoxide asphyxiation, slitting wrists, etc. This isn't to say there aren't exceptions on both sides, there's plenty of guys doing it for attention and plenty of women just ending it, but the vast majority tend to follow this rule.

Part of this is because there's genuinely more sympathy and aide for women who attempt suicide than men. A woman who attempts suicide is a victim making a cry for attention, a man who attempts suicide is seen as a coward who didn't have the guts to finish the job.

Because it's much harder to be a man.

>Why is the suicide rate for men much higher than women?

I´m to lazy to look up the sources but:

>Men are more successful at killing themselfs. Women often use half assed methods and they survive, often they just want attention anyway
>Massive antidepressant consumption

On a less serious note:

>They have a vagina, they get shit handed on a silver platter if they just try a little bit.

The same reason that the suicide rate for humans is much higher than for chimpanzees.

Because we have actual responsibilities that are too much for some men to handle. Women can usually fall back on "Relax and look pretty." Men have to constantly work and prove themselves.

The real reason is because men isolate themselves and are much more likely to refuse treatment. They try to handle it alone and don't tell anyone, and when it finally reaches the breaking point they're so isolated they just fucking blow their brains out to escape.

Women are more emotional, they open more, they're more likely to seek help through therapy or friends and family. They usually don't isolate themselves like men do, because men feel they have to solve their problems on their own.

This.

>Desperately want to kill self (for the usual pussy reasons of failing quite spectacularly, going from straight-A student at GCSE to failing Uni, to just barely scraping a job in retail, and just all together being a massive disappointment to my family and whatnot (also very VERY dumb))
>Know I'd probably fuck it up and end up a potato, so refuse to actually do it (see: me being very VERY dumb)
>meanwhile woman trying to seek attention accidentally kills herself with an overdose

lel

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250169/Girl-dies-10-days-taking-overdose-scare-childhood-sweetheart-dumped-her.html

>A teenage girl accidentally killed herself after taking painkillers in a 'cry for help' when she was dumped by her childhood sweetheart, an inquest has heard.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250169/Girl-dies-10-days-taking-overdose-scare-childhood-sweetheart-dumped-her.html

>be woman
>down on your luck
>just fuck some guy and you're set

>be man
>down on your luck
>lol tough shit

Confirming
I always pussy out
Plan to leech off of my parents until I lose enough hope to actually do it. I am content with being a pathetic loser.

Other girls probably become prostitutes or camwhores instead and lose their dignity in the process.

I'm in the same situation. It'll happen. The hope slowly dwindles and eventually when there is no escape or help you'll do it.

Because men are less happier not being in a relationship and women are either fucking around or """"""working"""""" nowadays.

>>just fuck some guy and you're set
Does that mean prostitution because sex inherently does nothing for you if you aren't getting anything in return.

I don't know user, you tell me

Modern women are the reason I want to commit suicide, senpai

I'll see you on the other side then m8
Despair gets worse with age.

Women are too stupid and ignorant of life to kill themselves usually

It does. But someday it'll finally end. No matter what everything ends, so it really doesn't matter either way.

Because life for men is so bad that it makes them throw their own bodies through power saws to make the shit stop.

Women don't usually have that much contempt for existence and the world at large.

Men are better at it. Women attempt it more.

Most people are too stupid. They are stupidly happy and feed off of consumerist lies.

I've asked people of they wanted to be millionaires or extremely successful and they said no and wanted to party.

All of those women are ugly I'm not surpised he looks that way.

Beat me to it. It's way harder in nearly every respect.

Society expects greatness from men.

More men commit suicide every year although women attempt it more.

Just another thing that men are better at.

Fucking pussies. Do it now.

The fuck is wrong with you people? Too lazy to even attempt to improve your life so you just end it. Have you no shame?

Because women who failed at life can just marry some guy while men who fail will end up forever alone and society will belittle them.

because women have objectively better quality of life than men.

white women living in the west are literally the group of people with the highest quality of life on this fucking planet.

>women live longer
>women live healthier lives
>women experience less violence
>women are cut slack at every corner(read about Women are Wonderful effect, short story: a woman and a man commit the same crime, she will get less severe of a punishment than he will)
>they don't have to work to survive
>they don't have to be capable or useful to survive
>they just have to spread their legs

Life's an economy game, we all sell and buy. How easier would your life be if instead of entering the game broke you started with something(vagina) that everyone wants and you can sell over and over again?

>Why is the suicide rate for men much higher than women?
Women "try to kill themselves" to attract attention. Men kill themselves because they want to free themselves from a shitty existence.

>They don't want to admit weakness.
More like because only women and faggots are unable to sort themselves out mentally
Mental strength can't exist if everyone else solves your problems for you

women do it for attention and usually want to preserve their bodies, ie pills.

men actually want to do it and give no fucks.

maybe a pang of guilt as to who has to clean him up, but I think exit bags are getting more popular

I have a slight hope of improving my situation so I'm not completely there. Suicide only really happens when you feel completely isolated, when there is really no way out at all. When your life and your situation are so fucking beyond saving you're better off dead.

I'm on that road that's all. It's probably harder for men to claw out, which is probably why more successfully end themselves. That and women usually seek support much earlier.

why don't farm animals kill themselves? they lack the intelligence to realize just how shitty their situation is.

Women are pussies and don't have what it takes to become an hero

Bingo.

tits...

Men typically become suicidal because of shit like finances, relative level of success in life, and we perceive the plight of other would be bridge jumpers through that prism.
So when we encounter a suicidal woman, we think she can easily change her financial/success level easily by attaching herself to a man, which isn't an option for men. That's why men can be somewhat unsympathetic, we assume it is easier for you to fix your plight than it is for us to fix our own.

Why do you always use Soe to start your threads, OP?

Even the shittiest woman can still be made to feel valuable by spreading her legs.

This thread made me realize that I'm fucked and I need help. Problem is, I don't have the time or money to get professional help, and at this point I'm too estranged from my friends and family to come back

>I'm too estranged from my friends and family to come back

You don't know that till you reach out.

Because suicide is white males privilege

Oh come on you worthless piece of shit. I'm sure even a shithole country like yours have suicide hotlines that have people you can talk about and seek help for free or close to it.

>started with something(vagina) that everyone wants and you can sell over and over again
Now you know why women want to make robot sex illegal

same reason there are more MtF trannies then FtM

anyone could be a women, nit doesnt take any courage, strength, or integrity to be a women, but only a few can be a MAN, to be a man you have to be confident, strong, brave and witty.

Put it all out on the table for them, tell them you've been hurting and that you thought isolating yourself would help, but it only made it worse. A good person will help you user, don't be afraid to make yourself vulnerable to the people who are closest to you. And remember you always have the shitlords on Sup Forums

OR GTFO !!!!

>a man who attempts suicide is seen as a coward who didn't have the guts to finish the job.

I think a man would be seen as a coward for not reaching out for help.

>telling someone to act like a woman

Nah mate, if you can't improve your life sufficiently to not want to kill yourself, then just fucking end it all. You're just using up resources that needn't be used by staying alive and moping and just altogether not wanting to be here.

t. someone who doesn't follow his own advice.

Women ruin what men build/establish and suck their will to live from them after crushing their dreams. That's why. Women thrive on drama and emotional abuse.

Never said that I'm suicidal, Joao.
It's just that it gets harder to get out of bed by each passing day.

ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID

>succes for men: work, study, get a good ride, get a good house
>succes for women: just found the right guy to liberate the pussy

>They usually don't isolate themselves like men do, because society expects men to solve their problems on their own.

Fixed

>if you can't improve your life sufficiently to not want to kill yourself

Unless you have like a day left to live or you're some fucking sex slave in some African shit hole then there is literally no one in this situation.

Because of society

Society expect alot from men (work, have decent job, money), and nothing from women.

And if you are failure, have problems u never go to seek help because people would say that you are looser.

>does that mean prostitution?

In a word yes. However, most women don't prostitute for direct payments of cash. Rather they whore for a home (rent free), meals, gifts such as jewelry, and being made an authorized user of the man's credit card.

The result is the same in the end. Sex for material benefits.

I blame Jesus on that. He set the bar really high. I mean, delivering the entire world from evil, that's not something a woman could do, but is expected from us guys.

ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID

ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID

Okay, I'll rephrase:

>If you do not believe you can sufficiently improve your life to not want to kill yourself, then fucking off yourself you nerd

happy?

ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID
ONE POST BY THIS ID
>ONE POST BY THIS ID

>In 2014, the highest suicide rate (19.3) was among people 85 years or older. The second highest rate (19.2) occurred in those between 45 and 64 years of age. Younger groups have had consistently lower suicide rates than middle-aged and older adults. In 2014, adolescents and young adults aged 15 to 24 had a suicide rate of 11.6.
>the highest suicide rate (19.3) was among people 85 years or older.

afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

We really shouldn't even count these as suicides honestly. At 85, you have won the game already, it's not really quitting to "take a knee" for the last minute of play.

I literlol'd

I have to make sure Trump gets my vote anyways

I'm sort of in a difficult situation between losing my dream career/life and mental illness.
I'm incapable of latching onto a man for being undesirable and mentally unfit. I don't want to do that however. Election day is coming soon anyways.

What if it's because women "attempt" suicide in order to get attention, so they typically get more help than a man that is holding it in and just jumps.

Did you read the thread, at least? We already know that that's why.

>Rather they whore for a home (rent free), meals, gifts such as jewelry, and being made an authorized user of the man's credit card.
This is not prostitution. Prostitution is a known marketing of the body for an exchange of currency. If She isn't solely selling her body for an exchange then it isn't prostitution.

Your wife and/or girlfriend aren't prostitutes.

Tits. Now.

women are inferior. they don't understand problems and logic. they think irrational. they are using fiction to control people. it's because their brains are smaller. they lack empathy, logic and sarcasm. think about it. women didn't contribute anything important since the beginning of mankind (that's why it's called MANkind).

Because men have actual problems and a society that actually doesn't give a shit about them. Same reason women have to find things like manspreading or street """harassment""" to complain about. If you're life is so awesome that you can actually get upset at somebody saying "good morning" then why the fuck would you kill yourself?

We have to deal with women

Women don't have to live with other women.

>Your wife and/or girlfriend aren't prostitutes.

Except they really are in all the ways that matter.

men in general dont try and seek help for their problems, dont wanna be a pussy beta right?
also women in general use methods that arent as "deadly"
also suicide is often seen as a call for help, but instead of actually seeking help many just half-try it in a panic state bascially, men in general dont want people to find out so its all or nothing

because men are better at finishing what they start

Because men have to live with women while women only have to live with men

Because men actually understand shame, and women and completely shameless.
>&b4 honor killing

Because they don't get to be women.

women naturally get more support.

If a women cries for help on the internet, she is flooded with people asking if she's ok. Strangers would go out of their way for her comfort.

If its a man, he would be lucky if he to even get a anonymous phone call to the police for threatening suicide/

Also this, women basically just have it easier. Why do people kill themselves? Because they're lonely and sad essentially. Even total fugly women have boyfriends/husbands, because all they need to do is lower their standards. No matter how gross they are, some guy somewhere is willing to fuck them. Some guy somewhere will put a baby in them and then they can be loved and adored by that child at the very least.

Men don't have that option. There's a LOT of forever alones out there that essentially have to figure out a way to be 'chosen' rather than having the power of the chooser. So it's much much harder for them.

fuck...so true it hurts

Because women can go get laid whenever they want

nigger

because running the world is stressful

Because of male "privilege"

See, this is why I don't get why women bitch so much about sexual objectification.

Even if you are at rock bottom, you still have value just for fucking existing.

For men, you are just fucked. Nobody gives a shit about you. You might as well kill yourself as far as anyone else is concerned.

Except they aren't. Having sex doesn't make a girl a prostitute. Casual sex doesn't even have monetary exchange so if you are calling your wife a prostitute but a slut having casual sex isn't a prostitute then jesus, just stay out of relationships. You can't just think lesser of someone in such an illogical fashion and be a good person. Being a wife or girlfriend does not follow any concept of prostitution
Prostitution is a highly immoral act, comparing that to something like a marriage is blasphemous. There is nothing wrong with splitting the bills but if you want to do something nice for someone why does that make them a lesser being.
What about girls who get paid for just being around men. Are they better than your wife/so for not having sex? I would say they are far worse than an SO but no better than a prostitute.

>asking for someone to show themselves naked means they are cared about
>on an anonymous image board where the rule is tits or GTFO for all females
You must be new. Here let me show you out.

>meanwhile men's flashing their dicks on chatroulette and girls wanting to see them

Gee I don't know the fact modern society has been twisted to suit the whims of women has nothing to do with it.