What is life like in rural/small-town Argentina? What do people do there?

What is life like in rural/small-town Argentina? What do people do there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZFp8ldcTx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I live in a small rural town in Patagonia.

I mostly browse Sup Forums.

How do you make a living tho

I work in real estate, family business.

quiet, VERY quiet

How often does someone get crowd murdered

Doesn't happen.

> all those videos on liveleak

educate yourself, most videos on liveleak are from brazil, venezuela and mexico
argentina mostly has robbery, crowd and gang murdering are rare
also, don't base your opinions about countries on liveleak, they only show the worst of the worst

>nigger gang documentaries=everyday life in modern america
And here I thought Russians were smart

>I live in a small rural town in Patagonia.
>I mostly browse Sup Forums.

You´re living my dream. Can we change places please?

Also, a video from when vice was still good youtube.com/watch?v=JZFp8ldcTx4

I thought Estonia is far from being so crowded place even Tallinn......

400 000 people is a metropolis for us autists. I at least live in a foresty suburb of Tallinn, but still.

I came from Seoul, a city with 10 million people. Even a city with 1 million metro population is kinda empty for me......

>tfw immigrated to Los Angeles
>people complain about air
>air is a lot better than Seoul
>people complain about being so crowded
>I can finally have a house with backyard

Well, traffics in LA is worse than Seoul but I just feel like I have lived in too crowded place for too long

Post some comfy and desolate Argentinia pics

It's extremely comfy, I wont lie. Its a small mountain town where nothing really ever happens.
Pic related is view from my balcony.

Do you go mountain climbing? Hiking in Patagonia and New Zealand have always been a dream for me. How are the winters and summers where you live? Real jelly tbqh.

I used to when I had more friends around. We all travelled to Buenos Aires as most kids tend to go elsewhere for college or jobs and most stayed there or other cities.

Winters are pretty tame, about -7c the lowest at like 6 am, average of 10c, summers can be up to 34c, avg 27c or so. Snow is rare in winter in the valleys, but usually all mountains tend to be snow capped.

This is literally my dream in life. How much would it cost to live there?

Do foreigners' houses get raided by local gangs?

Is there any work there? And if not, then what is the southernmost city?

I work on real estate and have foreign clients often so you asked the right man.

You can get land with similar views starting from about 60k usd per 4000 sqm, and the price for construction averages 1000 usd per sqm.

Cost of life would be about 1 to 3k usd per month depending on how you live.

There arent really gangs per se. What does happen now and then is empty houses (people who buy a house and only use it 2 weeks a year) might get robbed usually by people from big cities that travel to small towns for opportunistic crime like that.

That's a tricky question, work tends to be mostly related to tourism and farming in a lower degree. Then there's the services and such that is common everywhere, but yes, as you can imagine, small towns tend to be ass for finding a lot of jobs same as everywhere.

Where is it? I've been to Cochrane, apparently he's close. Comfy area

>Cost of life would be about 1 to 3k usd per month depending on how you live.
Wait what, I thought it was a third world shithole, why does it cost so much?

wow what a rare coincidence. i mostly browse Sup Forums too.

We're better than Croatia in terms of development so fuck you tbqh.

Peninsula la Florida, Chile, near O'Higgins/San Martín Lake

>Wait what, I thought it was a third world shithole, why does it cost so much?
>I thought it was a third world shithole

>your flag

hmm interesting not cheap at all. you can probably find a rural place here with exact same prices and 3k per month also sounds very comparable.
that's how dreams crush

They do lumberjacking there, apart from tourism and wine making, it's the worst place you could choose to try to move out to and retire with little money. Land won't be cheap at all either.

I've been to Croatia recently and I'd say at least the area I was in, that was Zadar and such, reminded me a lot of big cities like Cordoba or Buenos Aires, while Plitvice lakes and that area is a lot more like Patagonia, except we have a shitload of that and not some small lakes.

Overall you seemed to be pretty similar to us.

Yeah, theres a bit of a misconception that Argentina is cheap to live in in general, but it really isnt. And Patagonia can be a bit more expensive due to the fact its fucking far from everything and transport costs, etc.

>Is there any work there?

be a programmer.
work from home.
done.

yeah, makes sense. that's why those expats who want to downsize rarely settle in places like argentina or chile or uruguay. they usually prefer mexico or ecuador and such.

You have the same human development index.

So you´re saying it´s not worth it bc it is expensive?

Not everyone wants to be a code monkey.

How much does an average engineer with a few years of experience make in Argentina?

Comfy, but you have to get accustomed of Argentina's socioeconomic issues -a perpetual small scale crisis scenario where ahead planning and investment is a headheache-.

There was a bunch of them (mostly ex marines) here but they got chased out by the locals or cost of living was way higher than they expected and they left.
One of those ex marine guys had some local doing plumbing on his house and he made some nasty proposition to the guy. The local knifed him in the neck cause he felt offended.

>I'd say at least the area I was in, that was Zadar and such, reminded me a lot of big cities like Cordoba or Buenos Aires
Zadar is literally a shithole village though, we don't even have any real cities except Zagreb, which is shit compared to all other bigger Eastern European cities. Is it really that bad there that you found Croatia similar? I thought Argentina was a really cheap country filled with Europeans who lost the war and moved there and made it nice.

I just want to live somewhere where the nature looks nice and I don't have another guy's house 2m next to mine :(

lmao. life as it is.

>How much does an average engineer with a few years of experience make in Argentina?

Dunno, my cousin who graduated around last year makes aobut 1.5 to 2k usd or so, thats my only reference.

Its similar in some ways but not others. Basically the way downtown Zadar looks reminds me a bit of some neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires, though I didnt wander into the shittier looking suburbs since Croatia seemed pretty shit in some ways, I could really tell the slav mentality.

People smoking in your face no matter where you are, beaches covered in cigs, a lot of drunks, etc, which I'm not used to seeing here.

Do you know if Chile is cheaper or more expensive?

Definetely cheaper and more stable
But people are for the most part ugly as hell

How does the politics influence peoples lives in Patagonia? Less tourism? Higher prices?

tfw no qt chilean patagonian gf

Here in the south we burn wh*tes, so the only good option for people like you is Argentina

been there. comfy landscapes. didn't get burn. would go back / 10

>t. neet from Santiago

But I grew up in a lof

Lucky.

I hate living in a big city.

So you´re the one who larps as a Mapuche warrior?

I don't larp as one, I'm mapuche

keep fighting the good fight weon

kek

do mapuches praise pachamama by spilling chicha before drinking or is it an argentine thing?

Pachamama is not really a big thing with all the mapuches, only the ones in the north and the """mapuches""" in Argentina have big rituals for the pachamama, so I don't know

> What is life like in rural/small-town Argentina?
Shit

> What do people do there?
Nothing

This country is a place where people who don't know what to do with their life or where to go end moving here

The trashcan of the world

It's really simple and calm, can be really boring and repetitive.
Most of landowners don't live there anymore, and where it's not filled with illegal inmigrants working on the fields, it's full of old people just waiting for their end. A lot of towns are offering cheap houses and work but it's not convincing enough, their decline started when all the train's branch-lines ceased to exist on the 90's

>their decline started when all the train's branch-lines ceased to exist on the 90's
Couldn't they be rebuilt? How much is left?

The mafia of buses wont let it happen

Yes, they could be rebuilt, but that means going against same lobbiest of the 90's, the truck sindicate and the state labourers , those are powerful enough to stop the country, and the people on the goverment is too cowardly, although it's not like they care about it

*lobist

>JUST

What went wrong?

Dictatorship with a war lost included, Hiper-inflation on late 80's, neo-liberalism on the 90's, populism since 2003 and jew-puppets since 2015.

I have some Patagonia fleece pull-overs lmao

Holy shit
I think I've seen this before, but didn't realise it was only 20 years difference.

it saddens me that Argentina is so expensive
it was my dream