What did Sup Forums think of Baby Driver?

What did Sup Forums think of Baby Driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6uaJ5uQM4c
youtube.com/watch?v=eeqUUNHwAl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was, how do you say, kino?

I'm not paying money to see something called baby driver

You're missing out. It was genuinely kino

idiot

Lily James can't act and the Jons should have swapped characters, Hamm sucks at playing bad guys, if not acting in general.

Otherwise damn good

This

Last 15 minutes was just okay, like they didn't have the budget for a better climax, but other than that it was pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6uaJ5uQM4c

Spacey giving in cuz young love felt forced as fuck considering how he subtly implied not a day earlier that he'd kill her, but at least his death was pretty gory

>miles

Yeah, that was my only issue - but:

- Worked with Baby for years, seen him grow up
- Made no difference to him if Hamm and Co. die, they were just bodies anyway and he chops and changes his teams
- Already shot by the time it comes to giving his life

Hey bro I just landed this role it's totally epic its called
baby driver

why? it's a great song

youtube.com/watch?v=eeqUUNHwAl8

Waiting to see if reddit likes it, is so then I'll pirate it and then shitpost how bad it is for 3 months.

Garbage flick filled with garbage music glad it's tanking at the box office

Eat 123 shits you GAY PRICK

That's pretty much my absolute favorite thing to do here.

You sound like the sort of queer that would enjoy that gay yuro "music"

ITT: DUDE EVERYONE LIKES THIS MOVIE SO FUCK THIS MOVIE HAHA IM A CONTRARIAN

ITT: Times you acted like the Baby Driver

>Stroll into local diner
>qt3.14 waitress walks up to take my order, she's smiling and having a good day
>say nothing
>"Sir did you decide what you want today?"
>fumble my tape-recorded I stole from my mom's basement, click it on
>she hears it but pretends not to notice
>"Y-your name" I say, trying to adopt a light twang to my voice
>"Uh, yeah, I'm Karen..." She says, pointing to her name-tag
>my finger slips on the recorder, playing it back
>loudly the recorder repeats her
>people start looking around, she begins to cry and back away, yelling for her manager
>try to get up to kiss her, spill my coffee all over my two-sizes-too-small skinny jeans I made mom order off Amazon
>the coffee ruins the recorder, still playing back what I'd recorder, the sound now horrifically distorted
>I finally make my way to her, my arms begging to be unleashed from the slim-fit jacket cutting off circulation around my shoulders and wrists
>Manager comes out, throws me to the ground
>"What kind of sick fucking shit are you pulling?!" He screams
>"T-tell....t-tell her baby's comin" I make out before I burst into tears
>By the time my mom comes and gets me, I'm standing outside drenched in coffee with a bloody nose
>put in my earbuds and select "Jazz" on Pandora

Anyone else?

tldr

>only 5 years for all that shit he did
Walked out of the theater!

>What are you some kind of baby driver?

DROPPED

>end of the movie
>walked out of the theater

good for yoU!

It was pretty good

Fucking incredible

Kek

it was alright

It's decent but there's nothing to the story you don't see in the previews. The car chases were okay but I was hoping for more golden oldies and less squealing tires and crunching glass etc.

>I'm the Baby Driver
seriously?

>watching previews
I pick my kino based solely on director.

I agree. Change the title to something less stupid.

>Official Soundtrack has "Was He Slow?" on it

>Buddy blasting Brighton Rock and chasing Baby with the cop car

best scene

Jon Hamm is the best part of the movie tbqh

His character changes too drastically out of nowhere. He seems like a genuinely nice guy but even before darling dies, he's becoming way more of a dick for no reason. Then to have him as the big bad is odd.

Wish there was a good car chase to end it, bit disappointing to only have the Hamm battle.

I'm thinking about seeing it, but I can't take my dad if there are any dogs in it. Our dog died yesterday and he's too upset to see a movie with a dog in it. Are there dogs?

nope, have a good time with your pops it seems like an okay dad movie.

1/10, no toothpick

I watched it solely on the fact that it was directed by Edgar Wright. Movie felt like Drive meets Tarantino i guess

Why? Saving up to get your ass pegged at that fancy brothel, faggot?

The movie is outstanding.

Lily James is a cute

It was very good

Things I liked
- the fucking camerawork. Incredibly visceral and exciting, just pure entertainment. Everything is constantly moving forward in part of a grand design. Watching it unfold is a pleasure in a very Rube Goldberg sort of way
- the soundtrack of course, and the sound editing, which must have taken forever to get right
- it was genuinely funny, the dialogue was great
- the Baby character was a fantasy but a relatable one it was fun to identify with
- the cast was excellent, even Ansel who I disliked in the Fault in Our Stars
- it felt like a real city movie, like a dirty 70s city movie. It got into the freeways and industrial debris and the character of Atlanta
- the violence was sincere, not like a Marvel movie where nameless bad guys just die. It had a real moral weight which made the gore more shocking

quibbles:
- Kevin Spacey becoming a good guy at the very end for no good reason

- Jamie Foxx becoming a complete retard for no good reason
- Kept waiting for a big final car chase that topped all the others and never really got it
- Baby's name reveal felt pretty corny, as did his backstory. I was never 100% emotionally with his terrible traumatic childhood. Maybe this just should have been left vague and unknown? Debora was cute but his relationship with her was way too Oedipal for me. I think there should have been a clearer distinction between his mother and Debora

If you have tinnitus you have to listen to music 24/7

I mean, it could be that he knew baby for years and felt sympathy for him after all they've been through. Or just rushed climax. Either way the only not great part was the last 15 minutes. Other than that it was a pretty neato movie.

if you have tinnitus its likely because you listened to music at too loud of a volume

What did Armond White mean by this?

>dude let's do that audio thing they do in every action movie trailer lmao

Thats what I thought, he seemed like an asshole dad who threatens his kid but ultimately still loves him. He was also the boss of the whole organization and baby was kind of his employee. So he had to take charge and be the one to kill those guys

I found it obnoxious as hell to be honest.

It will be considered a fedoracore masterpiece like Scott Pilgrim though I'm sure.

Lol.

I just saw this tonight. I liked it. For some reason I find that dancing shit in the beginning to be cringe inducing, but its ok.

I dunno, to me it looks like another The Kingsman.

should I waste my hard earned money on this?

>final heist gets cancelled due to Jamie Foxx chimping out.
>kevin slacey wants to call it quits, but the others want to do it.
>spacey leaves it up to Baby Driver
>Baby Driver says yes instead of no
Fucking why? He genuinely asked him if he didn't want to do it and he could have said no and avoided the entire second half of the movie. He could have left with waitress girl like he had planned to.

Just seems like a glaring plot hole to me.

Yes you should

spoiler tag your shitty posts faggot

it was pretty good but the fact that the main character looks exactly like Elliot Rodger was distracting.

Nah, I thought it was done well. You see his character become more tense as he interacts with Foxx. Then the big hoedown happens due to Foxx's trigger happy shenanigans and everyone's pissed. THEN he finds Baby trying to pull a fast one... now maybe you start to understand where he's coming from. Cue Baby trashing the whole getaway & his beloved eating dirt and you get Hamm hamming it up in real villainous fashion.

Why are you in a thread discussing the movie if you haven't fucking seen it yet, mongoloid?

>Oedipal
Yeah I kinda got that vibe too... but you know what Freud would say.
Beyond that I'm in the same boat. Spacey's weird character turnaround and Foxx's sudden tardation were out of left field.
>Kept waiting for a big final car chase that topped all the others
I really wanted this. Felt anticlimactic when the movie didn't deliver. All the characters could have been fleshed out more. Everyone felt underdeveloped and the relationship between Baby & Deb was especially rushed and shoehorned.

Kek

>dancing
It was maximum cringe. Just like the opening when Baby lip syncs. The actor has no charisma to pull that shit off. Hella goofy.

Everything about the first 30 minutes of the movie was good. the plot was shit though. everything was forced it seemed. like hey this is happening just to advance the plot. It was fast paced and if you don't really give a shit about anything its alright to zone out to. There wasn't near enough driving and the scenes were far too close for most of the driving. Like hey look at his car moving through traffic from 15 feet away. That took away any sense of relative positioning. Literally the only reason to have the camera this close was to cut costs of filming. Forced perspective made every scene feel claustrophobic. You never felt like you had a place in the movie. If the camera is too far away. You feel isolated and indifferent to what unfolds before you. If you're too close you cant grab on to anything tangible and changes in plot lose their value. There was no sense of universe. Every time a scene transitioned, You could tell obviously that it was completely unrelated to the previous. Shit on transformers all you want but at least they have this aspect down.

>when kevin spacey finds the tapes
>"I'm not slow, I'm fast!"

lol

Thought it was really good. Kind of lost steam by the climax. I felt like John Hamm reemerged like five times in the span of twenty minutes. I do like the idea of Baby facing him in the end though with Buddy being a representation of what Baby will become if he keeps on running. How even with these good intentions and having somebody to love, if he keeps running him and his girlfriend will have the same fate as Buddy and his wife. I just felt like it could have been wrapped up sooner. So yeah my only issue was the climax, but the actual ending pretty much made up for it for me. Probably the best directed movie I've seen in a theater all year.

Accepting the character of Baby in how he acted and lived required a lot of suspension of disbelief for me.

Other than that the beginning and ending were cool and everything else was boring and predictable.

>put in my earbuds and select "Jazz" on Pandora

okay this very last bit actually won me over and made me have a light kek

Outstanding.

At least an 8.5/10 probably a 9 or higher though.

As soon as the film was over I wanted to rewatch it. Arguably just as good as Shaun of the Dead, but not quite the level Hot Fuzz was in my opinion, but as I said, it really REALLY begs to be rewatched and picked apart.

I liked Hamm the most out of the main cast, then Ansel (who did a good job). I thought he was a good mixture of hammy (heh) and serious actual drug-addled psychopath.

I think that's precisely why he was a great character (the best in my opinion). Hamm was hammy (heh) in the beginning, but gave off a murderous vibe just as much if not more than Bats did.

It was very good and felt completely like an Edgar Wright movie, even though I was surprised by how serious it actually was.

>the end scene with Buddy chasing Baby and the solo to Brighton Rock comes on his tracklist in the police car

the textbook definition of OK

>Fucking why? He genuinely asked him if he didn't want to do it and he could have said no and avoided the entire second half of the movie. He could have left with waitress girl like he had planned to.
Probrably cause the other three would have fucked him up.

>trying to communicate to autist plebs with music

Really close to working. Try memes next time.

This.

There was. I consistency to any of the villains roles in the film. Space is a cunt then he's suddenly not, Foxx is "le crazy psycho" then dies in the second act, Hamm is a nice guy then suddenly he's a psycho because the film needs a villain after killing Foxx

Agreed. Hadn't thought of the motherfucking stuff but i agree.

The bitch just throws herself at him and they're in love the next day. The Padme/Anakin romance felt less forced

Other than Foxx there was no reason to think that.

havent seen it because its a blatant rip off of Drive

Cars of shit generation (Z)

buddy literally did nothing wrong

Getaway drivers did not exist until 2011. Criminals were running on foot to get away from police, often times unsuccessful in getting away. Until wise man, Refn came up with a brilliant idea while playing with his legos: cars. From Refn's lego build came the first car. In 2012 Refn intajfklfl

Take Drive and make all the driving scenes cringy instead of cool and all the characters motivations retarded and the main love story forced and you got Baby Driver

>and all the characters motivations retarded

That sounds like drive

I went nuts when Baby selected Neat Neat Neat. As someone from Sup Forums it was nice to see something that is never talked about on there

was more surprised when ready lets go by boards of canada played
the beach boys pet sounds interlude was pretty nice too

as usual the true kino flick gets passed over by pleb audience.

Even moreso I'm afraid

>Kino
More like oink, fucking pigs

Does the song Baby Driver ever play?

Credits

At the very end yes

I thought it would've been cool if they showed the title right at the end when he sings baby driver, but nah

>Baby Driver
>You've been down too long in the midnight sea
>Oh what's becoming of me

>too Oedipal
Not possible

I audibly kek'd

That were tomes when my disbelief was thrown off a bit.

>running away from mall cops
>in parking lot
>breaks a car widow and hops in
>the security guards run right past the driver's side shattered window

This fucking threw me off. Movie would've been so much better if jamie fox wasnt in kt

Fucking great. Just got back from seeing it. It didn't particularly live up to my expectations (the best car stunt in the movie was in the trailer and there wasn't a good chase at the end.) but it was still an awesome thrill ride.

I can legitimately say I recall no dogs in the movie. Maybe there were police dogs on leashes at one point but I'm not entirely sure.

I don't think so

It's funny. Edgar Wright originally wanted the Subaru to be a Corolla, but the studio execs asked him to at least pick 1 sexy car, and ended up picking a 2006 WRX.

It made sense. They want low profile easy to steal cars. They wouldn't knock over a bank in a Bugatti or Maserati. The Subaru was just pushing it.

Simple minded fun

Isn't Ansel Elgort supposed to be a bit of a cunt in real life?