Marshal Law: Fear and Loathing Storytime

>What is Marshal Law?
Marshal Law is an English-language superhero comic book series created by Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill.

Marshal Law was first published by Epic Comics (Marvel) in 1987. The series is a satire on the superhero genre as well as a deconstruction of Golden and Silver Age superheroes.

The series is characterized by its extreme graphic violence and nudity, and Mills' skewering of superhero conventions and US government policy and society.

>Why am I storytiming this?
Because it's sexy and why the fuck not? It's one of the best books medium has put out.

Bump

A bump should be appreciated

End of the first issue. Anyone reading?

Also, brb.

Fine. Marshal Law frustrates the hell out of me, but at least it's actual comics and not Sup Forums bitching or another movie thread.

Back

Why does it frustrate you?

The book is gorgeous and, from a technical point of view, very well written. Yet it reaches these heights on the shoulders of cheap, sometimes blatantly false, "skewerings" of superhero comics. I'm not the kind of guy who can't take a joke, but the extent to which Mills' distaste for the genre bleeds through the otherwise fantastic comic is enough to ruin the experience.

It doesn't help that this is the best thing he's written, as he isn't nearly as thematically well developed or simply interesting in the more stifling weekly prog format of 2000AD.

It isn't The Boys, though, I'll give it that much.

Still the best.

Fuck yea Marshal Law

End of the second issue

This is one of my favorite covers.

This is one of my favorite pages

Bump prease

Get back up there.

That's it for the day. Will continue tomorrow for the conclusion.

Thanks for the ones who joined me today.

Bump for the hero we deserve

Thanks for the storytime.

looking forward to it

I'm kind of torn on the comparison between Marshal Law and The Boys. I think the first Marshal Law story is better than most of The Boys, but think The Boys has more well-rounded protagonists.