What's your opinion on the cornetto trilogy?

What's your opinion on the cornetto trilogy?
Why is English humor superior to American humor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rFrs3Qq45U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Worlds End hit too close to home. I was depressing. Felt more like the delusion of a man who had it all in highschool, peaked and then went downhill from there.

It was a great film, but I wouldnt call it a comedy.

The World's End was great. I don't care what anyone says. But the order of greatness is the order they were released.

Shaun of the Dead - 9/10
Hot Fuzz - 10/10
World's End - 7/10

For humor to work literally zero fucks have to be given and we worry about hurting each others' feelings too much on this side of the Atlantic, whereas the Brits have mastered bantz. Not saying Brit humor is better but they are certainly more adept at making light of dark subjects.

I don't get the appeal of Hot Fuzz
it's just generic cop comedy, the setting is boring as fuck
the other 2 are kino

TWE felt kinda hokey to me until that scene sunk in. Fuck me, it was like the movie decided to rip open my soul and shine a light on it.

Reddit: The Trilogy

>Why is English humor superior to American humor?
Because it's not American.

Sup Forums: The 13 Yr Old

SoTD 2/10
HF 5/10
WE not seen

The people who find these funny are probably dull and effusively praise flicks like GOTG.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

sensible chuckles

>man walks around with a gigantic cellphone screaming "HELLO!"
>this is considered the height of comedy in bongistan

>implying 13 year-olds boys and neckbearded manchildren like (You) aren't the key demographic for these shitty flicks

>Why is English humor superior to American humor?

>a man walks around in a dress on TV
>Brits soil themselves laughing as they reach over to have some more blood pie

on point here

The World's End is a masterpiece and one of my favorite movies ever because it is exactly what you say it is while being hilarious. The other two movies are funny and well-edited, but not very meaningful.

Which scene? The one in the titular bar?

SOTD 9.5/10
Hot Fuzz 9/10
TWE 7/10
no they're not. most people here (at least the ones who saw it) love spaced at the very least

I sorta agree. It is my favorite because I relate to it so well, but I still find it plenty funny. I find Shaun of the Dead more depressing since Shaun loses so many people by the end.

English humor (humour, whatever) isn't afraid to insert moments of Dark comedy.

Also Hot Fuzz is his best

You tried.

>blood pie
Audible kek

>generic cop comedy

Incorrect

Stale pasta is stale

>spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

No way can this be true. Other brits, confirm?

>Shaun of the Dead - 8/10
>Hot Fuzz - 5/10
>World's End - 2/10
Spaced - 4/10
Stone Roses - Second Coming - actually pretty good

Are you me?

American comedy is usually about insufferable assholes who get everything they want and that's the joke

British humour (Shaun Of The Dead, Withnail And I, Bottom) is about failures, that makes it more relatable than US sitcoms like Le Big Bang Meme where you have protagonists who are literally architects and astronausts and shit

thought i'd never see this pasta again

bong here, he's talking shit. they're well loved, well the first two and spaced

English comedy is too depressing

The worlds end didn't really do it for me I don't know why, but I love the other two and all of edgar wrights other stuff

>Are you me?
(You)

The worlds end is extremely comfy to me and it makes me appreciate my friends more.

>humour
i wouldn't call it humour.
i mean it was funny, there were jokes in it, i did laugh.
but how can you call any of them a comedy?
more action than comedy really?
I think thats what makes it better. americans put a load of writers in a room and say ok guys this ones a comedy so lets all ram in as many jokes as we can. so its just joke after joke after joke with no regulation on quality but there's no room for anything else. no room even for a fucking plot lol. the plot is a means to an end of joke writers one upping each other.

Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead > The World's End > Baby Driver >>>>> Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Is this right?

World's End is weak as fuck. Only simon pegg and nick frost were memorable, every other character was forgettable

and even then, Gary King was an annoying faggot, there was almost nothing redeeming about him. Also the way the conflict played out for the majority of the movie, it was just kind of another zombie flick, group of survivors have to get away from a brainless homocidal mob while they occasionally stop to smash open the heads of 5 of em at a time along with a bit of ingroup conflict revolving around uncertainty of party members (you've been body snatched:you've been bitten)

easily the worst of the cornetto trilogy. Really hard for me to pick a favorite between Hot Fuzz and Shaun, they're both fucking fantastic

Scott pilgrim > hot fuzz > sean of the dead > baby driver > worlds end

Step aside plebs

I forgot almost everything about this movie

It was meh

The "cornetto" trilogy is such a stupid fucking name, I hate hearing it every time these movies are mentioned and it actually makes them sound less appealing. Fuck whoever came up with it, whether it's Wright or Pegg or some other fuckstick. Shove a cornetto up your ass, wide end first.

Yeah
> "It never got better than that night!"

it's the furthest thing from a generic cop comedy

at least always just put our blokes in dresses on tv and laugh at them, half your population is torn between burning them at the stake or making them into living saints

it pretty clearly states thats what it was

sounds like you somehow managed to miss the extremely obvious point of the world's end m80

Because, unlike many modern American comedies, these films use visuals a lot to compliment jokes or execute them. Most American comedies now are just improv, relying on purely dialogue to tell jokes.

Yeah, Wrights transitions are really 50% of the comedy

World's End > Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead, but you have to be an adult to understand this.

How much better would this movie have been without Seth Rogen?
Personally I think it would go from a 3/10 to a 5/10.

He's chatting out of his arse. We love these films. TWE is the best of the 3. I wish I could do that pub crawl.

Agreed. My roommate at the time saw World's End three times in the theater. Best buddy film

Hot Fuzz > The World's End > Sean of the Dead
>While I rated Hot Fuzz first, I find The World's End much more rewatchable. Also I feel like it has more to say as a film. All are amazing though.

I've not rewatched TWE because i was so depressed after watching it. Maybe there will be some catastrophic end days where i can show my worth.

>Only simon pegg and nick frost were memorable, every other character was forgettable
This is the only thing in your post I agree with. Gary makes up for it by being the best main character of any movie this century.

t. Worldsendfag

Mah nigga, I have the exact same opinion

Jog on

classic. trigger happy 2 gud4u, mate

Fuzz>Shaun>End
I don't know what they were thinking with End, what a fucking mess. It had some good parts but overall it's painful how weak it is compared to the other two.

You mean if other person literally read his exact same lines or if the character hadn't possible received any of his influence on its personality

I'm with you here. For the longest time I liked Shaun the most, but that was due to zombies and I was a slacker when it came out. Hot Fuzz is kino from beginning to end, though. Tight writing and humor that always lands right.

>oldest pasta on Sup Forums
>it's not even a screen shot, but typed out
You're fucking cheeky

My favorite comedy trilogy of all time. Edgar Wright is a fucking genius!

Hot Fuzz > The World's End > Shaun of the Dead

I understand why people don't like the World's End, but it is a noticeably better movie than Shaun of the Dead. Shaun of the Dead loses so much steam in the third act.

>someone from uh…London called for you
>"tell'em I'll call'em back"

Shaun: 9.5.
Hot Fuzz: 9.
World's End: 7.

Shaun Of The Dead is arguably one of the best zombie movies ever made. And that's saying something considering all the zombie films ever made to this point.

I didn't like The World's End as much because of the swearing and it felt really forced.
It was like they knew they had to make something a bit more out there and swearing more would help that along.
I love the word cunt more than most people but saying it lots in a film isn't worth shit unless there's context.

World's End is the ultimate pleb filter. If you don't think that it's the best entry then you're a fucking waste of breath.

The only people who don't rate The World's End as good as the other three is because it just hit too close to home for them and they are lying to themselves about it.

>pasta
>typed out

SotD: 8
HF: 10
TWE: 8

Shaub has lost some of its appeal recently, I don't want to say it didn't age well but you can tell the cast and crew improved as they made each film. HF is a bit like that but they're copying high action into a more levelled world so it works 100%
The World's End was the best in execution, wasn't as direct with it's inspiration (small town overrun by [thing] is there, but having it as a pub crawl/brawl movie with a failure of a main character was pretty unique) and carried a lot more depth. Some of the humour felt flat (like their friends getting mulched and then the blank versions taking over their lives at the end felt really fucked up) but it's a great watch, and rounded out the trilogy well imo.

I feel like if TWE had been the second one released and Hot Fuzz had come third nobody would have a problem with it, because it was the darkest and a bit of a remix of concepts from the first two

The World's End is fucking under rated.

You're sitting down with your bros after tennis practice, steaming pile of crab legs on the table amidst you.

You are to watch the cornetto trilogy, however one of your bros brings up Paul, and due to popular vote, you must now watch this also.

In what order do you watch these 4 movies?

*sips tea*

>For humor to work literally zero fucks have to be given and we worry about hurting each others' feelings too much on this side of the Atlantic, whereas the Brits have mastered bantz.
Actrually, I find it's the complete opposite.
Brits always feel the need to insert feels into EVERY comedy. See: Cornetto trilogy, The Office, etc.
It's so cheap to have your audience expect comedy and then pull a lame "tear jerker". Like the directors know their genre is shallow, so they try to sneak in some emotion in the hopes that it will make them more legitimate. Pathetic.

>HAHA ITS FUNNY BECAUSE HE CANT CALL THEM BACK!

HAHA

No.

Hot Fuzz >>> Shaun of the Dead > Baby Driver >>> Scott Pilgrim vs. The World >>>>> The World's End

Hot Fuzz - 10/10
Shaun of the Dead - 9.5/10
Baby Driver - 8.5/10 (need to rewatch; probably higher)
SPvTW - 8/10
The World's End - 7/10

My opinions are FACTS.

That's writing in general. Burgers aren't any less guilty of it than the bongs.

I watched Hot Fuzz and barely fucking laughed. Just occasionally chuckled. I've never been so disappointed by such a hyped movie before. The incoherent Seth Rogen WEED LMAO type comedies are literally more entertaining and memorable than these insanely average tier movie. Completely killed my interest in watching the other two.

Why was Paul the Alien movie thingy so shit?

That's because you're legitimately retarded.

It's not hip-hop, it's electro

is this the only trilogy where the 3rd one is the best?

>if you don't like le quirky redddit humor you're legitimately retarded
upboated

>le quirky redddit humor
You literally just stated that you found Seth Rogen stoner flicks more amusing, you don't get any kind of say in what constitutes reddit humor.

>you found Seth Rogen stoner flicks more amusing
they literallly are, I'm much more entertained by how terrible they are than I am by such a dull, average movie that tries hard to be le quirky different. Oh and I do get to say whatever I want you fucking spacker

>Oh and I do get to make retard noises as loudly as I like
FTFY, of course you can say what you like, but when you talk like a retard you shouldn't be surprised when you get called one

Everything works better in Hot Fuzz to provide consistent laughs and engagement for the entire film. The other two falter in parts, but are still very funny.

>not liking a boring overhyped movie is being a retard
you're making as many "noises" as I am you asshurt fanboy

>n-no u
oh no my feelings

Would Ant Man figure in that list? Although he didn't finish it, Edgar Wright's fingerprints are all over it.

>he's still making noises
go on, pretend I'm somehow the retard despite the fact that you're doing the exact same thing just because I don't like your shitty flick

you can dislike what you want, but you publicly broadcasted a heinously shitty opinion and actually got indignant when called out on it, so again, when you act like a retard, don't be surprised when you get told you're retarded

Shaun of the Dead gave me an intense fear of zombies when I watched when I was a kid.

Specifically that scene where that one dude gets pulled through the window and eaten alive.

>you're a retard because my opinion is better than yours
>no, you're acting like a retard! I'm not obviously sperging out because I'm butthurt about your "inferior" opinion!
ok
>he finds this funny
youtube.com/watch?v=2rFrs3Qq45U
kill yourself

I agree with you. Hot Fuzz took a few rewatches over a few years for me to truly appreciate it. Now I think it's the best of the trilogy but I've only seen TWE once.

hot fuzz by a fucking mile

>that one dude
i'm beyond offended right now