These are the people WB considered for Lex Luthor in BvS

These are the people WB considered for Lex Luthor in BvS

>Joaquin Phoenix
>Matt Damon
>Bradley Cooper
>Denzel Washington
>Bryan Cranston

And yet we ended up with Jesse Eisenberg. Worst timeline.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuwNhed4ObU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oddly enough, I'm the only guy who found him entertaining.

Snyder said he wanted to do something "different" and pull something unexpected on people. He then said "imagine how different the movie would have been if crangston had played Luthor?"

Snyder chose Eisenberg.

>Bryan Cranston was considered for Lex
Why even live?

Yeah. Probably better.

Phoenix would have been a phenomenal choice. He probably could have even pulled off all the embarrassing shit Snyder had Eisenberg do. Or he would have told him to fuck off.

I like Eisenbergs Luthor.
Best scene: youtube.com/watch?v=KuwNhed4ObU

No I did also.
Absolutely not ideal, but I think he was good for what they chose to do.

>Denzel Washington
Haha, funny joke.

I liked it to, but he would've been a definitive Riddler casting choice.

My biggest problem was I thought he was too perky to be Luthor. I know they weren't going for a direct adaptation, but Luthor's always been more of the cold, calm, calculating person, as far as I know.

He was like a mix of Jim Carrey's Riddler, Ledger's Joker, and Lex Luthor. His performance was fine, I just didn't like the way that they portrayed him.

Him blowing up the capitol building with the dude in the wheelchair, though obvious, was fun though.

Good, now we can have a proper Flash.

>only actor that had energy in his performance.
>everyone hates him.

Every fucking one says he resembles Ledger's Joker, but I just can't see it.

>He's funny
No.
>and charming
God, no.

>soon

All movie based on mix of shitty elseworlds but not on perfect canon earth. Worst timeline. EVER.

Yes, yes.

>it'll get better with the next film, I promise!

I've heard this song and dance before.

Fucking these so hard.

Monkey's fucking paw.

>Best scene

More like "only decent scene".

>Scraggly hair
>Edgy line after edgy line
>Penchant for longcoats
>Reocurring verbal and facial tics

I can see it pretty clearly.

>Bryan Cranston
He's ours (again)

>not getting the rock to play Lex Luthor

It's almost like WB doesn't want to make money.

I really liked Eisenberg as Lex. He was one of the best things about the film.

>I SAID HEISENBERG NOT FUCKING EISENBERG
- Zack Snyder 2015

I just don't understand how "He didn't give a fuck" was a good metric for casting him.

Entertaining? Yes. A good Lex? Noooooooooo.

No, they actually did good with the Rock. Motherfucker's going to be Black Adam.

Because Snyder is fucking retarded.

They wanted a new Ledger Joker to sell Hot Topic Tshirts with

No actor could have saved those shitty lines.

those are the first guys considered for everything

Can they actually make the Rock threatening? Will he actually be able to pull off that raw menace that Black Adam wears like a cloak?

No, user, that's not why it's worst timeline.

It's because Snyder is the head of all DC movies.

>current year
>actually thinking The Rock can act
>actually believing he can pull off a character as complex as Black Adam
lmao

>actually thinking The Rock can act
No I am well aware that he cant. The big problem that I am having is that the rock is a giant fucking teddy bear. He is about as threatening as a fucking pillow.

Sure he is a big guy but other than his build he really doesn't seem like he can be SCARY. Which is why I am afraid that he wont be a decent Black Adam in the slightest.

The motherfucking ROCK? Are you serious? Do you know how much of a presence he is?

This is my gripe but I'm hoping its one of 'those' roles where the actor just fits really well.

BUT HE WAS LE SO GOOD AS LE FACEBOOK MAN IN THE MEME NETWORK AKA THE GOATEST KINO OF ALL TIME!

Who cares if he can't act? None of the 80's and 90's action movie heroes knew how and people love those films. He's good at what he does.

>kino
Kill yourself

Cranston and Denzel seem like pretty uninspired choices.

Cooper just doesn't fit the role.

Phoenix would have made a good petty, angry Lex.

Damon would have really been great if they pulled the 'self-made man' angle and let him keep his Boston accent.

Reminder, Lex in BvS is doing all of this because his father molested him, and because God didn't come down and save Lex, Superman needs to die because he is like a god.

>le epic BOYS
>le epic JOLLY RANCHER XD
>le epic JAR OF PISS
>le epic absolute madman religious philosophy
>SON OF DINGDING VERSUS DINGDING OF GOTHAM

Original user here. QUADS SPEAK THE TRUTH

for all of your shitposting needs

So his dad fisted him???

Would have been an 11/10 epic scene if they had included the real Lex Luthor and introduced Eisenberg as his son. Only at the end they reveal that 'Lex' was actually the Joker in futuristic mask and costume. Have him transform into Leto in a grand reveal that introduces us to the new Joker and Lex Luthor.

That whole rrrrrrraaahhh sound he makes when Superman goes "Where is she?" was nice if he was actually Joker. Lex Luthor is not a guy to make up sounds, he would use real words and phrases to mock Superman.

What ever happened to the based mulato lex from the justice league cartoons?

Joaquin Phoenix ++
Matt Damon = or -
Bradley Cooper -
Denzel Washington ++
Bryan Cranston ++++

I honestly feel that his performance would have been lauded if he was the Riddler rather than Lex.

>mulato
He's greek

>mulato lex from the justice league cartoons?
Why is this still a meme?

He can't be greek. He's rich.

>yfw Cinemasins does EWW BVS tomorrow

Gadot can't act either.

Ha. A they thought it would be good.

>generic evil business man

never cared about Lex Luthor desu.

It's interesting how the Batman vs Superman prequel comic was far better than the movie.

She was picked for her looks, not her acting.

>Worst timeline
that would be bradley cooper or matt damon, not to say that eisenberg is good cuz he aint, he was pretty fucking bad.

lets see what they'll say about the ultimate cut which is guaranted to get an cinemawins video.

i think they said that it would BTFO CW in the BO

Bald head makes no difference if he still acts and sounds like a Judd Apatow character.

You only need to look at Batfleck and Cavillman to know that just because they get the look right, it doesn't mean they nail the character.

>She was picked for her looks

Watch Faster.

>Can they actually make the Rock threatening?

jesus christ, serious? that motherfucker is like almost 2m tall. he just has to use a serious look and batson is instantly crying for his mommy

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y

>Denzel

unlikely

but i'd sure as hell watch

No amount of LE POETRY, SYMBOLISM LMAO can save BvS from not being a shitty movie.

>movie begins with a funeral that destroys bruce wayne's faith in humanity
>concludes with a funeral that restores it

I don't think he was a particularly bad choice. I just think they chose a horrible direction for the character in general.

Snyder is literally the Hideo Kojima of movies.

No, he isn't.

And Kojima is the George Lucas of videogames.
Does that mean that Snyder is the George Lucas of movies?

>Snyder is literally the Hideo Kojima of movies.
...Kojima wasn't already the Kojima of movies?

MGSV and PW are actual videogames.
Was entertained for a long time with MGSV.

Well, Morrison is the Kojima of comics. Morrison and Snyder are nothing alike. Who's a filmmaker who's like Morrison?

Speaking of Kojima. Who's excited for Death Stranding?

What could have been if Snyder had a brain, instead we got wannabe Joker-lite

I'm in only for the fact that it's not an MGS.
Like Kojima or not, he's a creative, like Nolan, you force them to do the same shit over and over, and on top of that, when they just want to do any other thing, and you get things like MGS4, or in Nolan's case, TDKR.

Nah, Eisenberg was great.

>MGSV and PW are actual videogames.
I should play MGSV sometime. I hear it's actually really good gameplay-wise. Shame about the lack of boss fights though.

I would never put Kojima on Morrison's level. Morrison is actually good. Kojima has some talent but is full of himself.

Anyway, Quentin Tarantino is the Morrison of film.

There's boss fights, but they are not too much compared to the ones in previous games.
Best operator simulator ever, though.

And where in my post did I imply BvS was a good movie or that she can act?

The MAJORITY of people in the Snyder movies can't act worth a damn. Michael Shannon, Affleck and Amy Adams are the only genuinely good actors in major roles and short of Affleck, they all turned in weak performances cause Snyder doesn't know how to direct people, just CGI.

This is one of the crucial reasons Justice League will suck. Momoa, Heard, Gadot and Ezra Miller are all major parts and they all suck ass. Affleck is going to have to carry everything. You damn well know Dafoe and Simmons will have five minutes of screentime tops.

Nah, Alejandro Jodorowsky is the Morrison of film.

Jodorowsky is also the Jodorowsky of comics.

I've said it once and I'll say it again
Lex a cute

Lynch.

>There's boss fights, but they are not too much compared to the ones in previous games.
That's what I meant.

Shame too. Because one of the best things Japanese devs have over Western ones is boss design. Western devs mostly can't design bosses for shit.

MGSV just seems like wasted potential for me.

>Nah, Alejandro Jodorowsky is the Morrison of film.
Oh shit, speaking of, I should watch that dude's movies sometime. El Topo inspired No More Heroes after all. I should really just sit down and watch it sometime.

What other movies would you recommend by this guy?

JAY GARRICK WHEN

FAINTLY

I'LL GO

TO TAKE THIS

HEAD ON

SOON I'LL COME AROUND

They are not like the other ones in the sense that the ones in previous games were characters with personalities of their own, here they are experiments or so.
And the Metal Gear, pic related.

>that drawing

Damn, now I wish I could have seen 80's David Bowie as Lex.

True VidyaKino

I can't picture any of them as Eisenberg's Lex character. I can only imagine them as absolutely better, more classic versions of Luthor, already bald and stable enough to not kill of their Mercy and get themselves traced from back to funding a human trafficking ring while using the name of their fucking yacht by Batfleck.

>What other movies would you recommend by this guy?
The Holy Mountain is good but it's a very visually driven film. The narrative is there, but it's a surrealist film first and foremost, so you'll want to watch from a symbolic viewpoint rather a normal, narrative driven one.

Also watch the documentary about his attempt to make a version of Dune, because that shit was fascinating.

Punished Snake > Solid Snake > Big Boss

Yup.