Smart investments

An economic crisis is imminent. What are some smart investments?

Some obvious alternatives: Precious metals, oil and housing. Most importantly:

>Food
>Guns

How are you preparing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-dzfnXVM1w
crsp.com/files/Big_Picture_Brochure_2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

potable water....thats where my disposable monies going.

Buying ANY form of trade goods before you have a fully-stocked homestead is a fool's errand. Why have your plan be "trade for the things I need post-collapse" when you can accumulate them more cheaply, and much more safely now?

That being said, guns, food, tools, homestead, livestock, books, everything for a full retreat.

Because people have always traded with gold and silver for example for thousand of years. It will always have an inherently great value, regardless of the situation at the moment.

I'm not saying it isn't or won't be valuable.

In a disaster, having gold or silver by itself does nothing; you have to trade it. Doing so will be incredibly dangerous in the short to mid term, after a disaster, so it makes much more sense to get all the things you would've traded it for, anyway.

Trade goods are a great investment AFTER survival is wholly covered.

I see your point, it's good to have a good balance of both I guess

Well, sure, but only after getting the other things. That's my point. You shouldn't spend any money on goods that are only for trading before your homestead is fully functional.

>How are you preparing?

Stocking on water filters. If you'e not already living on a homestead, your fucked anyway. You won't have time to develop those skills in a pinch when shtf.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-dzfnXVM1w

I'm in college still so I'm fucked

>tfw trade a bar of gold for a loaf of bread because stupid Swede thought muh precious metals would save him in apocalyptic .

JUSTKEKMYSHITUPFAM

>be in the middle of nuclear winter
>try to use gold to start fire
>try to eat gold
>try to cure infection with gold

Food, medicine, shelter, baby-makers are all that matter.

Im moving to mexico, got a few hundred acre farm in a town not very well known ill live off the land, i already have plowed land anyways

if you truly believe some kind of apocalyptic collapse is coming, you should be stocking up on ammo, cigarettes, and liquor. they last forever and can be traded for anything. nobody would give a fuck about gold in the dystopia.

back before industrialisation when they lived a subsistent life; where people knew how to farm, how to blacksmith, were allowed to own guns and weapons and so on did no better, in fact they did worse.

People still wanted gold in horrible situations, historically. As repeatedly stated in this thread, buying trade goods before having what you would want to trade them for post-SHTF makes zero sense and is bad business.

Get a fully stocked homestead, THEN get trade goods.

Food, water, guns & ammo
Cigarettes, weed, liquor
Gasoline, firewood, etc

I'm a broke nigga...i'm fucked either way.

Are you single? If so, say fuck it, start reading books on homesteading and rural living, and pick a national forest to squat in. Go in deep enough and nobody will ever find your cabin.

Get some Harbor Freight tools (or hunt garage sales), buy whatever dry food you can afford, get a cheap rifle or shotgun, and go build a fucking log cabin.

by being in a 1st world country. my preparations include the following

>living my life
>going on hiking trails
>traveling to venice in sept

i think im pretty prepared for the totally coming apocalypse or whatever alex jones shit youre babbling about

solid arguments

He's Swiss. Switzerland doesn't have to worry about economic collapse.

>Well water, not needing electricity
>Long lasting foods in storage, raw honey, sugar, salt, grains, alchohol, DIETARY SUPPLEMENT DRINKS, etc.
>Guns, and a shit load of ammo
>Sandbags (Seriously don't forget these)
>Gasoline/A thousand lighters
>le hidden fortress
What am i forgetting.

I wouldn't say they don't have to worry. Once the balloon goes up, they won't have the truckloads of cash flowing in from other countries anymore. How much of their food and infrastructure is locally produced?

Pretty much anywhere that's civilized needs to worry about it.

>>traveling to venice in sept

you're the kind of tourist which likes disneyland, huge crowds, souveneir shops, and hiking trails with lights and toilet stops.

venice was the worst place i've visited in EU, right after Paris and Berlin. I'm never going back to Venice again.

Both Home Depot and Lowe's are going to tank, check their stock charts
The reason i mention it is because I work for one of them, and we've been missing revenue targets consistently for months now
Next earnings report = bubble pops

Multiple quarter acre farms so that if one goes bad you have the others.

>How much of their food and infrastructure is locally produced.
A lot. People also like to buy stuff made in Switzerland and it's heavily promoted by the supermarkets. Also farmers are directly supported by the goverment. I always buy my vegetables and meat directly from a local biological farmer.

>biological farmer.

much better than synthetic farmers

Oh look its another global collapse imminent thread, everyone buy seeds and gold

Here is a chart of various stock market indices dating back over a hundred years.

Lets take a look at WW2 on the chart. The deadliest war in human history. 4 percent of the world's population killed. You could probably make the argument that this was as close to the end of the world as you could get.

Now lets look at the chart. Ooops, no global collapse. 5000 percent growth.

So what in the flying fuck are you basing this current "collapse" on? Please tell me, or are you busy on infowars buying your patriot seeds

The rest of us will have a nice retirement, you'll be the fucker living of social assistance because you spent all your money on seeds and canned food like the fucking faggot we always knew you where.

Fuck I hate these threads.

have survival kit and will to help your country men and your chances are good if there is more people like that

have wealth that you got from investments and you are insta target if the world goes fallout style, people want what you have and if they have methods to get it, they will attempt to steal your stuff. so basically, wealth will make you paranoid when the collapse happens, but only if you cannot hide it well enough. remember there are traces to look who have made fortune and who has not, everything is recorded

I'm stocking up on cigarettes and any sort of opioid based medicine along with guns food and water. Moneys gonna be useless and cigarettes and opiates are gonna make you equal to a millionaire

Water
Guns
Medical
Bunch of ebins here that doesnt have a single 1 clue about nuclear war
Your water filters wont save you fud
You will likely survive for the first few weeks on spam and sauceages and fartting your fat fucking nuclear ass all day until you slowly dye while stealing and lying
Btw it will be open season to shoot fat people you wont and cant even walk 1 mile better yet with back packs and your friends will betray your fat asses in a split sec they see your fat ass is only putting them in harms way

If your over 200 lbs - 300lb just kill youselves your worthless

SAVAGE

>babymakers
Im having trouble collecting them before the habbening. Anybody have a stockpile?

I think Straya is the place to be to wait out the fireworks

That's bretty good m8. Sauce: crsp.com/files/Big_Picture_Brochure_2016.pdf

>An economic crisis is imminent. What are some smart investments?
Cash + liquid and low-volatility money market instruments.

When the shit hits the fan, gonna go liquid and then start buying into some world stock index ETFs and REITs. Hope it'll get REALLY BAD this time, so I can get a good price. Will probably double or triple when it's over, plus will have some good assets in my portfolio.

So bad I was young and poor and stupid during the 2008 major sellout... Hope the next crisis hits soon and hard!

Only getting the best water filters possible, remember you can live 40 days without food but only 7 without water
pic related

What are the sandbags for?