Weekly Writefag Writing Society

Welcome to the Weekly Writefag Writing Society, you bunch of figs.

Tell us what you're writinng, the plot of your comic, or story, or what have you. Give a review, get a review. Some questions to get you started:

>What are you currently writing?
>Who is your main protagonist? What makes them unique?
>Who is your antagonist?
>How do they compare/contrast?
>What is unique about your setting?
>Who is your favorite character, and why is that one your favorite?

And the free space question:

>What works serve as your biggest inspiration?

I'm going to bump this thread for a bit with wallpappers and artwork. It might be too early in the week for one of these threads but you never know.

Additional questions:

>Do you have a daily writing quota?
>If so, what is it?
>Have you reached it today?

Quick question. Is it possible to have a story center around an Alec Trevellyan-like protagonist?

I think it would be pretty interesting. He's a morally conflicted character, Also a badass womanizer similar to his antagonist, Bond.

Now that I have a better grasp of my universe and some plot things, it feels to be able to answer this:

Basically, it's about an artist who just wants to make art versus a small-town politician who wants to use that art to advertise/support their shady construction deals. It delves into how works of art can affect their local surroundings, how eccentric societies fit within a diverse population, and how the creative types try to heal a hurting city.

I might be completely off the mark here, but is there a sense of magical ralism to this story?

Started more thoroughly plotting out a psychological scifi script called Space Cadet.
Excited to start writing it.

I'm busy adapting a short story of mine into a comic script. Which I will then place into the outline of a larger comic series I'm going to get to work on.
Also an AtLA fanfiction.

And I'll throw mine in:

>setting is a very very very distant future on a dying world that has desynchronized it's orbit around the sun and is coming closer to closer to breaking free and going rogue, hurling off into the darkness
>this planet has had rise and falls in their technology, golden ages, dark
>the last of the dragonriders died in the last great war, there are less than a hundred thousand men in the world
>but there's a race of ascendant beings that don't belong in this world, they tried to reach godhood in their own and believed they were banished, en mass, naked and without any of their technnology, so they have been trying to recreate it over the past decade
>a race of warriors called Voyaggers developed to oppose this demigod race, using their own technology to artificially amplify themselves.

Hey, I'm just about done with an OC Avatar fic. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Good practice, helps you work with settings.

There's really nothing wrong with fan fiction. A lot of authors got their start writing FF. As long as you're writing you're building skills, and especially in a trade like comics you never know what the future might hold. Your FF might be something big one day.

Nice gif. Sauce?

Good to know. Its pretty fun.

Eh, not really. I actually planned on including some small magical elements, but decided to make it more of a political thriller.

Not a clue man, picked it up in a comfy thread.

Sounds unique, to say the very least. I can't thinnk of anything off the top of my head that reminds me of it, other than House of Cards. What were your inspirations?

>beginning is two apprentices following their elder Voyager as they return from their first real hunt. You get to see the world a bit
>they have to pass over this "gate" between these two enormous mountains, paying a tax to go up a lift. there are a bunch of poor people selling what they have because the tax is based on weight, and they want to make it over the gate so that they can go north and start their own farms and build homesteads
>at the top of the gate is a town the size and length of several football fields, but tons of shops, small houses, and their own little commiityl
>the two apprentices see a Voyager being hung over the edge of the Gate and help pull him back, they're about to get attacked by their master cuts a man's arm clean through.
>they take the Voyager with them, he's still alive, etc, they go back to the home of their order, an abandoned missile silo called the Citadel, where they hunker down for the winter
>there are different sects to the Voyagers and the guy they rescued is part of a group that assassinates men and interferes in human affairs, but he's fucking ruthlessly skilled
>protagonist is one of the apprentices who freed him, so during the winter the assassin helps train him, while he's also being trained for another sect within the order, this unknowinngly makes him the first of his age to take a dual avocation
>also, he's a second generation Voyager, where the last generation was all 20-20 y/o soldiers who underwent the trainings and mutations to become Voyagers, the second gen are take at a young age as payment for services rendered

>after winter it cuts to a large battle taking place in thhe north between those who settled it during the winter and those coming now that the summer has come to reap the lands.
>the two apprentices, now journeymen seeking work outside the Citadel, fell in with the northmen and are absolutely desicrating mortals on the battlefield

Boomp

Placeholder while I keep typing up currrent project.

A basic summary of my comic's story

>Some shitty online game is played by a hundred or so people and has a small fanbase because of this
>It's protected by a few admins and moderators, and the owner of the game who controls it all
>One day the creator disappears, and the game slowly but surely starts dying
>Everything goes into chaos because of his absence, and it's up to these few admins to do something about it all

It's basically a monster of the week comic with a sarcastically and comically dark tone
I've got characters, designs, and plot points down to a tee now, but what I don't got is a good starting point or a decent way to smooth out the story.

Can you explain the stakes to me here? It's an online game that's already essentially dead (if only 100 people play it in the whoe world). What do mods and admins do with such a tinny fanbase? Then I guess, beyond that, what's the game itself like?

They have been playing it for years, they aren't just gonna give up on it now.
And because of the creator being gone, a lot of hackers and newfound broken things can't be patched out or removed, so whenever someone finds something like that, they are gonna use it to their advantage and rule over everything

The game is kindof a mixed bag, and something that would never work in the real world. It's like an 3D MMO RPG fighting game with endless character creation capabilities.That's the easiest way I can describe it

I'm currently writing a weird war comic.

A US fleet boat comes across a dilapidated ship adrift. Boarding her they find out that it is actually a German raider. The whole crew is slaughtered save one, who will not let an urn leave from his sight. The Americans bring him aboard their boat.

From their the crew is picked off one by one, and the men start to become more and more iratible, and later outright violent. It is later revealed that the urn containes the ashes of Dracula, and acts as a black hole of evil, pushing people to spill blood so that in time with enough carnage, he can be brought back to life. Also the japs are hunting the boat.

You and I are writing similar stories. I was inspired by Persona and started writing about a sort of 3D MMO that people were getting "invitations" to play, based on their skills in other games. At the start of the story the main character is moving to a rural town to like with the rest of his family, after his father passed away from work related injuries in the city (a sprawling NeoTokyo straight out of Akira). He's playing a VRMMO while on the train and dies, but then gets his invitation to the new game.

He ends up going to a "hotspot" in the new town at midnight, on the roof of a coffee shop, and gets sucked into this 3D world. That world being the collective unconscious of the internet, and being attracted to "special" online personalities.

Fuck off, Batman. Don't you have a criminal to put back into Arkham for the hundredth time?

And the last writing I was doing was for some fanfiction so I'm sure nobody cares about that. I was thinking something new along the lines of a picture book, but that's certainly not Sup Forums. Besides, I have a ton of stuff to take care of at the moment and this weekend is already quite full.

You figs gotta get over this fan fiction fear. As long as you're writing that's all that matters.

I tried making mine nothing supernatural whatsoever
Mine is literally just some game on the internet and people play it sometimes. Could happen to any one of us

All the characters are really the kinds of characters you'd expect to see in a game like this, including all the edgelords and all the funny fucks
Pic related, a more recent character I've been working on for my stuff who I posted a bit on /hyw/. People seem to enjoy him so far so that's pretty good

That's not so much weird war as a typical haunted house story, but on a warship.

Oh okay, took me a minute to realize what I was looking at.

I can see our two stories are very different, there were just a few things you said in yours that reminded me of mine. Like how you can customize yourself to the smallest detail, which is psychologically like adopting an avatar/persona and how that might work in a social environment.

A big part of my story is the prevalence of virtual worlds while the modern turns to shit. Like NeoTokyo is this sprawling megacity but it's toxic and dangerous to live in, and these small towns out on the fringe try to maintain their old world values.

But once he goes inside of the "game" the people he meets are all exaggerated expresisons of the avatars they've adopted, and part of the conflict is working them through that.

It's pony fanfiction.
Not that I disagree with you. It's just that I'm not as motivated to be writing stuff in that setting, as I've kind of dropped out of it. I'll probably finish it sometime simply because finishing a project is a big hurdle of mine, but it's certainly not a priority.

The other project has a much better chance of happening, but that's more a potential project than anything.

It seems that your story is a more serious one too
I'm trying my best to keep mine as comical as possible. I'm actually mad because It Hurts use my type of humor before I started my comic. Now I'm gonna feel like a thief whenever I do stuff like he has done

Eh, I'd like to capture the sometimes lighthearted comical tone of the later Persona titles, or simple slice-of-life stories. A lot of the plot happens outside of the game, where the protag is learning how to cope with the loss of his father and induction innto this new family, despite seeming like a psychopathic criminal.

Chie muh waifu

Where did the user go posting his drawing? It was pretty cool.

True, which is why I downloaded a library of weird war comics to get the zeitgeist of it all.

Want to keep posting but not sure if dead thred

I sure as hell wanna keep posting. Here's a question, does one have to be good with art to also write a comic?

Batman is the life coach we deserve.

No, but you at least need to look consistent and clean. People need to understand what you are writing, even if it isn't the prettiest image.

Nah man, Alan Moore made his entire career writing comics and working with dope artists.

I want to go with animal motifs within the story. It might be corny but I like the Wolf for the main character. The thing is, these animal motifs are out of place in this post-cyberpunk world. Like the protagonist comes from this Neo Tokyo city and is considered a punk and shady by everyone in the town at first, so when odd shit starts to happen around the town he's naturally to blame. He's gone to stay with his aunt and uncle, but his uncle is distant to him because he ran away from his inner wolf, while the protag's father didn't. There are a lot of references to a surfacing of the collective consciousness before, which led to the collapse of the original tokyo and the forming of NeoTokyo, and somehow the Uncle is involved and so was the father. The uncle harbors guilt over it, but gradually comes to realize he can help the protagonist get things right.

Sorry if that was confusing.

I've been working on something that's basically about a bunch of bee-people defending their home from wasps, animals, and a horde of crazed plant-based crimes against nature.

If any of you wanna hear more, just ask.

I was actually planning on writing a story about a badass Santa Claus. Don't know why, but I've kept coming back to this idea, and I'd like to make a short comic out of it that I could story time around Christmas. What I've got so far
>Santa is a jolly, builtfat dude
>Maybe he has a candy cane sword or maybe he has some small control over ice
>Or maybe he just bare hand brawls
>Takes place in the magical North Pole
>He has to go on a journey through the artic tundra with Donner, Rudolph and two elves to _________, still working that out
>Fighting the villain's 12 minions, who have powers or appearances based on the song 12 days of Christmas
>In the final battle, Ms. Claus looks on with the rest of the elves
>Santa goes full Dragon Ball
>saves Christmas

bump

Bump. Anyone here

I'm still here. Waiting. Watching. Wondering. Not writing, though. No, I'm too much of a lazy sack of shit to do something like that.

bump.

Writing 'Vandal' the story of a regular street kid with a super-powered baseball bat charged only through smashing things. Protagonist is a black kid from the lower class. Antagonists are various criminals, local gang, etc.

The kid has to smash windows, etc. to power their only weapon and fight, and at first struggles to do the right thing and is kind of senseless about destruction.

It's a lighthearted story with themes about breaking cycles of poverty/crime, and overcoming bias.

I'm white, but did the whole poverty and vandalism thing. I think the particular issues in impoverished black neighborhoods make for a more compelling story than white trash ones (aka NASCAR and Budweiser).

Everyone posts their idea but doesn't comment on anyone else's.

Welcome to every OC thread ever.

Best girl bump