Has anybody here taught themselves a "useless" language (a language that is only spoken in one not very relevant...

Has anybody here taught themselves a "useless" language (a language that is only spoken in one not very relevant country)?
If so, why did you do it? Do you regret spending time on it? How has it helped you?

Does anybody on this website know a language besides English and their native language?!??!
RESPOND

Yes I learnt C++ cuz I'm a real nerd

*tips fedora* heh heh *snort*

I was going to respond, but then I saw you're a frogposter. I will not dignify your bullshit.

t. took a year of spanish back in high school

>t.

I speak fluent Farsi.

>a language that is only spoken in one not very relevant country
La lingvoj kiujn mi studas estas tiel senutilaj, ke ili ne eĉ apartenas al propra lando.

just why

Why not?

>has anybody here taught themselves a "useless" language (a language that is only spoken in one not very relevant country)?
అవును
>If so, why did you do it?
I have a friend who speak it and I was bored.
>Do you regret spending time on it?
Yes
>How has it helped you?
It hasn't

>not very relevant country

That isn't even one of the less useful ones there

damn 75 million people speak it
although i guess they are all poor people on the other side of the world

Yeah but like said, it's not very relevant for me, after all no one think of India as a relevant country here

дa.

french, german, russian, spanish, and portuguese are all relevant enough to not count

my native language counts?

Yo no se hablar ingles

>portuguese
>relevant
I'm flattered but also past the point of deluding myself

Basque because I am Basque :D
But I also know Spanish, even though its relevant that alone lets me understand most text in Italian, Portuguese, Occitan, Catalan, and French. Same thing with German, I can't speak Danish for example but if I look at a paragraph in any Germanic language I'll understand most of it. From what I've seen, Balkan languages are similar in that sense so if I learn Croatian maybe I'll understand Serbian in that way. Also I just like Croatia so I'm planning to learn that anyways

>portuguese
>relevant

mate, we're the only ones who speak this shit in South America, and Portugal is irrelevant as fuck...

I didn't learn by myself but took Tamil language in uni for elective credit. It was an easy A since not many non-ethnic Indians took it and the lecturer was pleased I signed up. Most people took Mandarin or Japanese and regret it when they got B and pulled down their CGPA.

I am also learning Tamil and I am not of South Asian or Malaysian descent.

I once tried to learn Estonian, but I eventually got bored. I don’t know how much I’ve forgotten, but I think I still can hold a simple conversation.

C I O C I A R O

i speak danish
i tried learning greek once but gave up

I know some Yiddish. I don't regret learning it, since it's attached to a very vibrant culture. It's a pity so many speakers of it are lunatic Haredim.