Mark Waid banned from DC offices?

Just how deep does the hate run with him and Didio?

Why is Didio such a big baby?

It was pointed out in the replies to him that it literally might mean resolicitation in this case because the Amazon date had been pushed back to December already. He might just be being a drama queen again without knowing for sure what will happen.

What'd Waid do to get Didio's panties in that much of a bunch?

>He might just be being a drama queen again
>again

Who knows, but I remember Wait went on a months long tirade after he left DC just pissing over the flaming bridge.

Then every year or so after that at conventions he'd knock them down at a Marvel panel.

The man clearly has a hate boner for Didio, and no matter how good Didio's mouth is given he gave the right amount of suction to sway Greg Rucka back. Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.

He talked about this in an interview with Ain't It Cool News

>“The biggest challenge [of 52] was actually, wisely, kept from us by [editor] Steve [Wacker]. EIC Dan Didio, who first championed the concept, hated what we were doing. H-A-T-E-D 52. Would storm up and down the halls telling everyone how much he hated it. And Steve, God bless him, kept us out of the loop on that particular drama. [Editor Michael] Siglain, having less seniority, was less able to do so, and there’s one issue of 52 near the end that was written almost totally by Dan and Keith Giffen because none of the writers could plot it to Dan’s satisfaction. Which was and is his prerogative as EIC, but man, there’s little more demoralizing than taking the ball down to the one-yard line and then being benched by the guy who kept referring to COUNTDOWN as ‘52 done right.'”

If that's true, what the fuck Didio; 52 was a beautiful and Countdown took a steaming pile on its legacy.

Yeah but your story however good didn't do what it was supposed to. You had to have a separate mini to show what happened that's what he meant

Basically fucked him over a lot, for various things.

Waid was apparently going to be EiC of DC, but then they gave the position to Bob Harras, a man who Waid hates for other reasons.

Waid, along with Gail Simone and Grant Morrison, pitched a new anthology series for Shazam/Captain Marvel, but that got shut down (might have been more Johns, though, but I personally think it was Didio).

The "Countdown is 52 done right" thing.

Harras still working for DC + all the drama at the start of the New 52 with other creators leaving = Waid probably detests the upper echelons of DC.

Bullshit. He was with DC for years after that.

If this is really the way it looks and it's over Waid bad mouthing the company then seriously fuck Didio and DC.

Between the Flash, JLA, Birthright, 52, Kingdom Come, etc. etc. Waid has does more for DC than almost any creator out there. The guy's an old school DC fanboy who will still argue for hours on end about the merits of Superfriends for fuck's sake. If he's that much of a pain no one is saying you need to hire him ever again. But he doesn't deserve to have his legacy and stellar back catalog fucked for it.

I wanna hug Mark.

He gave that interview in 2009, after he became Editor in Chief over at BOOM! and his contract with DC had lapsed.

52 was a masterpiece. Waid Flash is one of the GOAT runs. Didio is a retard. Harras even more so. Based Waid. Fuck DC execs. Apart from maybe Johns who is badly over stretched they're fucking shite.

What has Didio done worth while? Nothing.
What has Waid done worth while? Nothing.

I don't know about the whole 52 done right, but apparently the making of 52 was a nightmare to plan out for everyone.

>Then every year or so after that at conventions he'd knock them down at a Marvel panel.

One time he plugged his laptop into the projector and you could see on his comixology account that he had some New 52 comics downloaded, people snickered in the audience

>Banned from the offices

christ DC.

also Waid and Harras have bad blood going back to Marvel days

as far as i know he and didio are fine. tho that amazing aicn interview he does throw shade

The HB launch is all Didio as was Prez among other things. It's a shame about this grudge, but he always stands up for the weird stuff. Give him credit where it's due.

>What has Waid done worth while? Nothing.
But that's wrong, you stupid

He raves about the Flash show

>Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.

Get rid of Harras. It's probably that simple.

But that doesn't mean that's why he was banned from DC. It's probably because of his beef with Harras.

However, all this said, I do think Waid is overreacting. There's no reason why they'd willingly shit away free money over beef with Waid. They don't do it with Moore, and *Moore* fucking loathes DC.

>Mark Waid overreacts to something

STOP THE PRESSES

This. Most of his Marvel work is mediocre at best, with some notable exceptions. The guy does so much better at DC and it shows.

RESET

Are either of the people Waid's replying to DC people who would know

Waid's Flash run has never been really collected iirc and it's the definitive run on the character. Along with a definitive 90s DC comic. Is it even in digital

And they even gave Kingdom Come a deluxe for its anniversary. I doubt it's cancelled because of drama (assuming that it even is cancelled and not truly being resolicited).

He threw a bitch fit over Jay Garrick before the real Jay showed up

He's such a manchild. Like I don't understand how a grown man can get that upset over a CW show

>Meanwhile in Spain

I think all of vol 2 is available digitally, or at least close to all of it

Please tell me that the Waid collection is still coming out in December.

no one knows besides DC collections people, the date change would explain why they have to resolicit but he's still freaking out anyway and assuming it's not coming

All 247 issues .

that was hilarious, i almost tweeted at him "Dude, the bad guy is most likely lying about being Jay and also alternate earths, WW2 Jay can show later"

literally crying

Mark Waid is a pathetic little bitch. He deserves whatever shit he gets.

>Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.
Who the fuck needs him "back" though? Wallycucks? Superfags? DC has literally way more capable writers than SJWaid.

I thought it was Harras he had a problem with, not Didio.

I know there was bad blood between them both in the 90s Marvel days, but Harras wasn't even around when Waid left DC right?

WTF is this shit?!

I'd like him back as a Superman editor but I don't know if I'd want him writing again. He's just not that good anymore.

Good job painting the straw man, now actually provide context.

It's hilarious how he did that.

Dude has been working in comics for so long that he should have easily seen how a serialized series might still have more twists coming up about Jay.

just make him an editor, he still knows a lot about the universe

Seriously, he is way passed passionate and into obsessive when it comes to the material

>What has Didio done worth while?

I'd rather take Morrison or Peyer over this manchild. He doesn't have grand ideas, his EIC and being editor here and there isn't all that impressive.

crazy how Sup Forums decided waid was a bad writer the same time they realized he had left wing political views.

I think he's a good writer, but annoying on Twitter and probably unpleasant to be around. I buy his comics but I don't follow him on social media. Where's that leave me?

>implying current Waid is good
Just read the ANAD Avengers user. People have know Waid was SJW since his Legion days.

well i said people who think he's a bad writer. I'm 100% of the idea of someone annoys you on social media just don't follow them. separating art and artist thing.

i would kill to go to one of those old conventions where he and Gru grilled each other on continuity minutiae

It would be better than the literally constant status quo upheavals and crossovers that make up the modern Superman office. I'm just so tired of it.

I hated his Wally+kids run long before I joined twitter.

I like ANAD Avengers
Which Legion days? (I like them all)
current Sup Forums is gonna HATE a Legion revival huh, that's gonna be painful

Wonder what issue it was

why do people have such visceral dislike of that arc with the Kids? it wasn't Return of Barry good but I thought it was alright

Good

The less cucks inside the better

Sup Forums decided Waid was a bad writer when Sup Forums became a bunch of /t/v + Sup Forums crybabies that don't actually read comics and decide how much they like a creator based on what side of the political spectrum their tweets fall on.

yeah that was the subtext.

my main problem with Waid has a editor is that we could kiss goodbye to any storyline that has supes deviate even a little bit, Waid hates that

Wow

Such uncharted territory

I could sorta see why he'd be mad but once they revealed that the Jay was saw so far was Zoom and there was still a masked guy, and that earlier bit about Oliver Queen's dad being Arrow on Earth-2, I figured the guy in the mask had to be Real Jay.

Waid had problems with Marvel in 90s, had problems with crossgen, had problems with DC. So everyone but Waid is responsible, right?

It's great that you like it user but it's still trash. Also I'm talking his Legion threeboot run days. His writing has been inconsistent for a long while. I don't remember what's the last thing he wrote that everyone universally agreed was actually good. Maybe first Fe arcs of DD or 52?

It was the issue where Ralph dies

You mean when the gamergate side of Sup Forums did

Probably the early DD (which I actually didn't love and stopped following when Rivera left)

I fucking love Threeboot, sorry you're wrong.

What? SJWs love Waid

This.

Waid is a fucking dick on twitter and I actually agree with most of his politics.

Glad I downloaded his run then. Sorry Waid. I know you hate piracy but at least I'm reading your run.

And let's be real; there's no way that issue could have been better. Sure, Ralph's sacrifice got invalidated by Neron and Faust getting out within, like, 6 months, but goddamn, that issue.
Didio was right to step in.

Daredevil was great up until the Dindunuffin arc with the monsters

user kun, people still like industry people who are left as fuck. Andy Khouri is a great example. Look at his Twitter feed and look at the work he helps putting out. People still enjoy Fix by Spencer. You're countering a non existent meme with another meme.

And I am done with DC. Fuck you DiDick, 52 was glorious

> didio and giffen shitting on kirby's legacy

my sides

But it was a nightmare if you were a editor, so yeah, go suck dick somewhere else

>invalidated by Neron and Faust getting out within, like, 6 months,

that's just the game of monthly shared universe

>I fucking love Threeboot, sorry you're wrong.
I never trashed it, I said people have known his SJW tendencies since those days.

I enjoy Waid's tears.

my bad, sorry for the misread.

my favorite "Waid is political" story/joke was that dude who was selling other artists work and calling it his own had Waid and EVS both gunning on him and someone said he was so bad comics Leftest and Rightest creators teamed up on him

>Waid banned from DC offices
He'd flood the place with his gamergoober hating tears. It's for everyones safety.

>But it was a nightmare if you were a editor,

Maybe for a shit one like DiDiDickhead with no faith in the project.

They were so unlikable in it and Jai's powers were just ugly. Johns and Bedard both did better jobs with those kids in the limited time they wrote them.

>But it was a nightmare if you were a editor,

Hi Dan. You fucking suck.

You're right, it had nothing to do with his once-good Daredevil run screeching to a halt for a shitty storyline that went on for ages

Even the writers admitted it was a shitshow.

Even the Writers admit that it lacked communication on a lot of shit, half the stuff Johns was doing he was doing literally because he though it was cool, some writers had no idea at what was going on or what would effect what

>half the stuff Johns was doing he was doing literally because he though it was cool

to be fair I'm pretty sure that's his entire creative process

Fucking dicksucker, think for a second. You've literally got 3 creators that WILL NOT TAKE A NO FOR AN ANSWER and poor Rucka collaborating on a one year project. You can get Jimm Shooter in there and it's going to be a shitshow regardless.

>Flash more popular now than he has ever been before
>not publishing a collection of one of the most acclaimed Flash books ever
If true, DC is fucking retarded. But it does seem like it's probably Waid overreacting, I don't think they're actually going to pass up publishing this.

Calm down Dan

fucking Johns. I wish Sup Forums would take the view of him as a kid smashing toys together and it works out and not this mastermind

Sorry Mark but for the sake of our safety and sanity, we've decided to ban you from this thread.

Considering that this was Johns during his golden days, Johns was not letting anyone stop him

fug

why did I look

>fucking Johns.
Morrison was a bigger communication problem there mate.

He is smart when he wants though, Sinestro war and Rebirth clearly shows that when he wants something well done he does

Like said, Morrison is the one who threw the biggest wrench into things. His Skeets tweest made them restructure everything.

>Morrison was a bigger communication problem there mate.
Oh fuck i forgot that this was literally Grant being done with All stars Superman and getting ready to do Final crisis, he pretty much used 52 has a way of seeding what he wanted