So did he basically have major mommy and daddy issues and that's why he was a total dick?

So did he basically have major mommy and daddy issues and that's why he was a total dick?

If your dad was that genocidally insane and your mom was that hot you'd probably be the same way.

Except you'd also have fucked your crazy sister. I know your ways, user.

He also have a sociopath sister.

Did you SEE his Mom?

Nobody would stick their dick in that kind of crazy

Zuko is an honorsexual.

In season 1, everything he does is to serve his Daddy, because serving the Fire Lord is the ultimate honor for a Fire National
In Season 2, Iroh tries to get Zuko to turn his back on the War and is all "Drink tea and fuck this big titty hooker" but there is no honor in that, which is why Zuko turned on Iroh in the finale.
In season 3, Iroh recognizes this and changes his tune to "Zuko, you gotta redeem the Fire Nation and help the Avatar, because that's the highest honor." And that gives Zuko a huge honor boner and then he spends the rest of the series wanted to suck Aang's dick.

Then, later, in the comics, he gets conflicted between serving the Fire Nation and serving Aang and then not-Confucius tells him that family=honor. Now, his Mother is the ultimate symbol of his new found honor and everything he does is to protect and please her.

You can see why his relationship with Mai is shitty, because she has never once represented his idea of honor. If she did, she'd have dropped about 50 potential heirs rather than the one.

Then who did he fuck that represented the concept of honor? Izumi exists.

don't think zuko wanted that many children, to much a risk of Mai popping out ozai 2.0

Well, his sister is an attention-hungry, violent sociopath who tortured him all his life. His father is a genocidal maniac who abused him physically and mentally, banished (or murdered, Zuko didn't know for sure) his loving, caring mother for Zuko's mistakes and finally sent him on an impossible (so everyone thought) quest to find the Avatar. Throw that together with the general over-militarized, honor-focused Fire Nation mentality and it's a miracle that Zuko didn't go insane (thanks to uncle Iroh alone).

Yeah that's pretty well spelled out in the series.

His family was dysfunctional as a whole, the people around him were apathetic or sociopaths and enjoyed seeing child abuse. It would be honestly easier to list the things that weren't wrong with that fucked up island of revisionist propoganda consuming, independent thought and action constraining, pyromaniacs than to try to pinpoint where things went wrong for Zuko.

You don't think Zuko would have repopulate do the Air Nomads with Aang if he was physically able?

It probably is Mai's. He bit the bullet and knocked her up out of some ends of duty to continuing the family line, but he'd be happier if it was somebody he deemed super-honorable, like Ozai, Aang and Ursa are/were.

Wait what? I didn't read any of the comics past the first one because it threw a lot red flags that the story would be shit. Please don't tell me Zuko and Mai break up.

They did. Now they're back together, I think.

That's dumb. Is the story as shit as I thought it'd be? I've seen some memes around of Ursa being a terrible mother.

Zuko's weird.
I'm glad the next comics are about Katara & Sokka so we don't have to deal with Zuko's creepy incest vibes.

The first trilogy is shaky. Some of the ideas are cool but the plot itself isn't great. Zuko and Mai breaking up was handled quite well actually.
The Search is more focused and better told.I think people were surprised that Zuko reuniting with his Mom isn't all crying and hugging like expected and that Ursa was depicted as someone who was weak and short-sighted and definitely not the saint the show made her out to be Though honestly, most of the loudest complaints about her come from rabid Azulafags who think that Azula is a blameless little angel and are looking for a scape goat.
The next trilogy was fun as fuck and the closest the comics have felt to the show, even though the story was kind of batshit crazy.
The latest trilogy was more Fire Nation drama and definitely the weakest series in my eyes. Most of the actual plot was kind of meandering and dull and it glossed over a lot of shit and made Azula into a boring, reoccurring, 80s style MUHAHAHAHA bad guy and the ending was rushed and didn't really make any sense. Also, Mai had a new boyfriend so there was love triangle nonsense, kind of. And now Mai and Zuko are back together.

One the plus side Gurigiru draw a cute Ty LEe.

Gurihiru is so fucking good...

His father was his only positive role model.

His mother gave him extra attention and resented his sister, and was ultimately selfish and abandoned him. It was to save his life, but Zuko wouldn't have known that nor does it matter. He relied on his mother for all his love and attention needs so when she disappeared he was left with no one essentially.

Iroh was wishy-washy as fuck. He was a fat fuck with no ambitions who only wanted to drink tea. In the first season he didn't care what Zuko did, he just wanted to sit on the ship, drink tea and play pai sho. In the first half of the second season he didn't even reprimand Zuko for stealing because he wanted the stuff. In the second half he kept hounding Zuko to "choose his own path" because he didn't want him to fuck up his new teamaking career by going after the Avatar or something. It was Zuko who eventually motivated him to take a stand against the fire nation at the end, not the other way around.

His father may have been harsh but actually wanted Zuko to become strong and learn respect, and so taught him tough lessons. He didn't need to give him attention because he had plenty from his mother. And he was gonna kill him but Zuko didn't know that.

Azula became way more fucked in the head because she was disliked by her mother and so turned to her father to be both her mom and dad, but obviously that was impossible and she came out the other end a literal psychopath. Azula was the one who had mommy and daddy issues, Zuko had uncle issues if anything.

Didn't mean to be a reply, sorry. In reference to your post though Smoke and Shadow was legit retarded, none of the choices made writing-wise made any sense.

Who dat?

Zuko's mom when she was younger. Read the comics, they're okay

It's not so much mommy-daddy issues as it is a massive inferiority complex that gave him a need to seek approval from his parents. Well, parent by the time the show rolled around. He was willing to do anything for that approval, even though he didn't fully understand what that meant. As such, he spent years chasing around the world tirelessly for the Avatar, even though he really wasn't equipped with the mental fortitude to run up and just murder the fuck out of someone.

Nor was he willing to kick his father's ass, even though that was just about the only way to win daddy's approval.

Also, they pulled some sort of morality-birthright bullshit, where Zuko was "born good" thanks to mom/granddad Avatar and thus was always going to be good, while Azura was "born evil" thanks to dad and thus was always going to be a raving madwoman.

She looks like Gwenpool for some reason. Same artist?

I'm kind of interested but I don't want to blow money on that.

Yeah, Gurihiru does the art for both.

I agree, Iroh wasn't exactly the perfect role model. He could have taken a more active role in trying to steer Zuko to the right path.

>murder the fuck out of someone

He wasn't though, he was going to capture him. He'll be reborn if he's killed so it was advantageous to capture, not kill him.

Also they never implied Zuko was born good or Azula was born evil. Azula turned out that way because she was rejected by her mother and favored by her father, Zuko turned out the way he did because the opposite.

Why didn't her mother show her as much attention as she did with Zuko anyway?

>He wasn't though, he was going to capture him.
Ah, that's right. Well he certainly wasn't shy about telling people to kill others (hiring the assassin, for instance) but Zuko was certainly shy about doing so himself.

>Also they never implied Zuko was born good or Azula was born evil.
I very much got that impression towards the end of the series. Zuko's mom was good and so Zuko was good, having sympathy for animals and caring about other people. Zuko's dad was an evil dick and so Azula ended up an evil dick, not caring about others past how she could manipulate them. Then throw in the whole Fire Lord/Avatar dual bloodline, and it was clearly implied that Zuko was intended to be a good guy mainly because of his family line.

Although yes, Mommy Zuko spent a lot of time with him to give Zuko some morality. Although like said, I wonder why she didn't just do the same with Azula as well. I don't recall anything indicating that Azula was preferred as a small child; only that she was after their mother was taken away and Zuko didn't have much gumption towards promoting himself.

Something something just like her father

The show didn't really have a good reason. The ending sort of implied that Azula's view was twisted and that her mother actually did love her, but she didn't feel that way for no reason.

The comics go more into it but I can't remember what happened exactly, only that Ursa was kind of a bad person

Personally I think Azula just suffered from a genuine mental disorder. Maybe something like paranoid schizophrenia and she was definitely a sociopath. It didn't help that she was a powerful firebender and a princess of the most powerful nation on earth.

Eh, Iroh told him to read about the roku/sozin thing to show how he has inherited that conflict and that it's up to him to make the right choice.

Azula quickly gained favor from her father because of her perfectionism leading her father to resent Zuko for not being like that leading his mother to step in and guide him more. Meanwhile her mother grew to resent her for favoring and being like her husband. Zuko and Azula have the exact same bloodline anyway

Maybe she had autism? She was the only who cared about blue fire, that's pretty autistic. She also clearly had no idea how to interact with people normally in The Beach, and consistently had a bad sense of humor

I could buy that she had schizophrenia but there's no evidence of that until the end when she has a breakdown. Having had something like that the whole time would've been a cool twist though

It also helped Zuko come to terms with betraying his father. He saw the struggle between the Avatar and the Fire Nation as part of something greater than his own HONORRR!!

Pfft.
like hell he hasn't.

The autism angle is possible seeing as she never had a functioning relationship with anyone her entire life. Not to mention she was a stuck up royal who viewed almost everyone as muddy peasants who were beneath her.

>money
RĂ¡!

From what we've seen of Izumi she definitely seems like the kid of Mai and Zuko.

To be fair, he came from pretty far himself. At one point he was pretty much happily waging war as if he was playing chess (or Pai Sho in this case).
Then grief, and instantly after his brother supplant him.
He probably didn't think himself as worthy to give advices, he did anyway but didn't dare to push any stronger.
Still wrong of course, but it must be hard to trust yourself after realising you've been a terrible person.

I would cut off my left nut to stick my fick in that

His son's death was his fault (kind of) and that guilt haunted him for the rest of his life. Maybe making Zuko good was a way for him to forgive himself for what happened to his son.

Speak for yourself fag

Take a wild guess

>
Azula became way more fucked in the head because she was disliked by her mother and so turned to her father to be both her mom and dad, but obviously that was impossible and she came out the other end a literal psychopath. Azula was the one who had mommy and daddy issues, Zuko had uncle issues if anything.

Completely wrong. Azula was neglected and brought up by a crazy guy who was the only one ever showing her any affection. Iroh, Zuko, and Ursa fucked up by not giving a shit about Azula until after she was already grown up then proceed to blame her for all her actions when she had 0 chance of learning morals because of Ozai. Seriously fuck everyone in this show for not seeing this.

>she was definitely a sociopath

Again you have no idea what you are talking about. Azula has shown she hates herself ie the beach episode which ultimately leads to her breakdown. Sociopaths do not reflect realistically on themselves as much as Azula has. i mean she was crying for gods sake she isn't a monster nor is she sadistic. She was only trying to replace love with power like she was raised to think but it never made her happy.

You do not deserve her.

The is guy gets it

I forgot about the beach episode. It's been so long man, time is a bitch.

Too late user.

Wanna bet?

Is that an lmsketch pic? Because I may have to go looking for it.

Sure is.

You guys realize that every single fire bender (with the exception of General Iroh Senior) in the Avatar Universe is an emo right?
Complements of Bryke.

That's funny because it would never happen.

But look at the picture, it already has.

You really wouldn't fuck this crazy? Really?

Fanfiction is fickle.

I never said i wouldn't.

Good man! Also Sokka would fuck her, Sokka would fuck anything. Even the moon.

izumi looks more like a scary substitute teacher than she does an emo

>Why didn't her mother show her as much attention as she did with Zuko anyway?

Azula was far more talented than Zuko even at an early age, so Ozai took a greater interest in her.

Ursa focused on Zuko because he was the weaker child, and by the time she realized she'd basically thrown Azula under the bus it was too late. And of course, being the shit parent that she is, decided to just cut Azula loose completely.

It's actually really fucked up when you think about it. I mean, it doesn't excuse the shit Azula did, but goddamn. You gotta feel some sympathy for how fucked up her childhood was.

>She was the only who cared about blue fire, that's pretty autistic.
Fall back fuccboi, that whole dragon bullshit episode was about how there are different sides and shades to firebending.

god damn it that episode was retarded

Sokka would never lay a fucking hand on her. She deserves way better than that peasant.

Wasn't his dad a chieftain?

From a fucking tribe. That's like saying you are king of a pile of shit.

SCRAPPER

Look Satan while I agree we must keep the fire nation elite pure we still have to find someone to fuck Azula. This level of sexy can't go to waste.

This
One caveat though: NO incest.

How about Jinzula?

It shall be whomever Azula chooses and by the looks of it it shall be Ty Lee.

Why not Jetzula. He's strong enough to fight Zuko to a stand still, and maybe dead can be retconned.

So we're going Tyzula then?

Absolutely. It is the purest relationship the show has to offer. Their love is genuine.

Well then.

Yes, Yes! This pleases me. I shall join you.

the more the merrier. Most of my Tyzula is on another pc and hasn't been transferred so I appreciate the help.

You forgot to put on your trip, Scrapper.

I'm not Scrapper. I just agree with what he says.

Sadly that's all folks.

Mai is too noble for this shit

Dude, his dad burned off part of his fucking face in front of a crowded stadium, exiled him, and told him he could only come back if he captured the avatar. That's some damaging shit.

>tfw the comics sunk tyzula

Isn't Azula back in the newest comics as the main baddie again?

She's helping her brother being a better Fire Lord. I'm proud of her finally redeeming herself.

All my remaining azula is lewd. Is that allowed on this board if I put it under spoilers or will I still be b&

Mods would ban unfortunately.

Same