Is it even possible to make a GOOD anime adaptation? Dragon Ball was shit, Death Note looks like shit...

Is it even possible to make a GOOD anime adaptation? Dragon Ball was shit, Death Note looks like shit, Akira will be shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VfNH7hit85g
youtube.com/watch?v=loAsiEUy7og
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no
2d should stay 2d

Assassination Classroom and the Kenshin trilogy and Nana were all good.

>those casts

Needs more black people, gays and at least one transsexual. These casts are way too problematic.

It's 2017 for fucks sake.

>That is the gayest cast ever.

What's the purpose of a live-action adaptation of an anime?

Studios are looking for the next big cash cows.

>all white cast
already fucked up

My god these looks perfect.
Hollywood needs to step it up. I've waited 19 years for that town to return to it's glory days but it never happens.

normies are into anime now
I WAS TOLD THEY RUIN EVERYTHING
AND IT KEEPS COMING TRUE

Yes.

It has to be a stage musical.

The big guy is perfect, but the other two characters are clearly white

The last Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X live action movie was pretty good.

Uhhhh... the Jojo movies are gonna be good.

>Clearly white

Fool

youtu.be/VfNH7hit85g

Black butler was good if you never seen the anime. Which I hadn't at the time.

>pastely white skin
>honey colored hair
You're literally blind

if you took out the story and compared to every other western anime adaption, GiTS did well. face it, anime adaptions typically dont translate well no matter how good the source material. even japan cant nail it down (see attack on titan, kaiji)

It will be possible with Idris Elba

It's been done for decades in Japan. Our Little Sister, for example. People are just too busy focusing on Hollywood and big name properties.

In Japan it's part of the media mix strategy. In Hollywood it's name recognition.

>You're literally blind

At least I know what Asians look like.

The characters are all Japanese.

>bella thorne as edward

bella thorne is a tranny right?

more importantly, who are they going to cast for Ein

They don't look japanese. You're color blind a nd face blind.

>They don't look Japanese
>Clearly Japanese in the trailer

Is this what trolling is?

They are Japanese regardless of what you think. It's just a fact. Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=loAsiEUy7og

eyes are too big.

here's a more realistic asian man.

weebs have brain cancer I swear

Exactly

Yes, yes, Cowboy Bebop is cool and all, but who could possibly portray the greatest anime protagonist of all time?

He is making fun of you stupid.

Change Jet. Funny thing is he could even be a black guy and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Also I don't know how Daddario would look with short hair, may work but I can't tell.

I'm not a weeb and I don't have brain cancer. I am stating facts.

Young Audrey Tautou

How can he be making fun of me when I'm making fun of him. You gotta take it in turns.

No. Anime is actually shallow garbage that makes up for it's pathetically poor story through the animation.

Then everything is shallow garbage.

But the animation is bad too, it has less inbetween inframes than an average western cartoon.

What you meant to say was more ''detailed'' frames.

>that orange hair irl

>Meet a japanese user
>Claims that anime is trash and made only for dorks
>Says that every other tv show is normal
>Go to japan
>Everything is like anime.

I mean everything.

Animation quality is not determined by the amount of animation. This is an incredibly simplistic and misguided approach to animation, but unfortunately the status quo in the West.

Faye and spike castingi just can't agree with. The attitude doesn't fit at all in my mind.

Ron Perlman works perfectly though

No clue who Ed is

I dunno, but I suddenly want to see Paul Reubens as Gendo.

I used to watch a lot of Jdramas. The vast majority of them are ordinary.

This one it's really good.

Naturally there's more to an animated show as a whole than the number of frames but you're specifically talking about the animation aspect here, which is of lesser, jankier, more static, jumpy quality than an average western show.

Anime has vastly superior animation than Western shows, it's not even a contest. Even if Western shows have more frames of animation, it doesn't mean anything.

Guys death note unironically looks good to me am I crazy

vice president's tits aren't nearly large enough for the role.

they'd have to get fucking milena velba to get an accurate size.

>Walking is much faster than running, even if you cover more ground in less time while running walking is still faster

yes.

I have no idea where you are trying to go with this analogy.

ゴゴゴゴゴ

this is probably the most misinformed video Ive ever seen

It'll probably be a good movie, albeit not necessarily a good adaption. CG Ryuk was a mistake IMO.

Yes. Speed Racer.

What about it is supposed to be misinformed?

Are you talking about the japanese live action movies or the netflix one? Cause the latter completely ruins the characters.

Shit is he cg
I agree, but I'd hoped it was at least partially practical because he looked kind of stiff

There's no point to it existing. It'll be soulless, for one. The actors will never be as good as an animation studio and their seiyuus, so what's the point?

oh look.
Op is a faggot.

>L revealing his face to the public
>Light having doubts about his actions
>Misa being the trigger happy of the two and seemingly Light being the one who's in love with her and not the other way around

>Are you talking about the japanese live action movies or the netflix one? Cause the latter completely ruins the characters.
Shitty, I realized I hadn't read the manga since highschool so I am underqualified to speak to characters for sure. I thought it was matching up well in terms of the kind of tone of each.

the show is being made by the british, so here's how will it look like (and I don't give a shit if you disagree)

>Spike will be a white manlet
>Faye will be white, typical uk slag
>Jet Black will be BLACK, but he will not be called Jet Black only Jet somethingsomething because that's racist.
>Edward will be British Asian
>Faye will be a romantic interest for Jet
>Julia will be a transgender woman
>Vicious will be a sterotypical edgelord

You can scream all you want but that's the reality. I've watched a lot of the british tv shows and that's how they mostly look like. Just be ready when it's out

Best live action adaptation that exist.

Anime is thrash

Edge of tomorrow was a good adaptation
Did something new with a solid concept

Wasn't perfect but by far one of my favorites

>>Vicious will be a sterotypical edgelord

Good thing nothing change there.

Not an anime obviously, but oldboy the film was way better than the original manga, the shitty American version is the worst of the lot though I guess.

I disagree the only difference between the american was the ending. Which is better in my book. Of course i'm not an edge lord with yellow fever.

Why cant you westerners leave my anime alone

I heard there was a live action bebop tv show coming? Or was I pranked?

Edge of Tomorrow is a novella though.

The biggest issue of these types of adaptations are the scripts, not the casting

The original source material for these live action movies is almost never anime even though people call them adaptations of anime.

She does a great job, she gets the character and does the best jokes, seriously I didn't expected it to be as funny as it is.

If the characters are mostly western(or have unknown etnicity so they can be white) and the setting is not japan, sure! it is pretty possible.

So series like Berserk,Cowboy bebop,Hellsing,Attack on titan are all easy adaptation(it will need CGI tho)

The problem is that hollywood always pick the ones full of japs with jap names and hire white actor to play it.

The biggest issue is Hollywood meta data. Hollywood has a list of what sells and what doesn't and anime doesn't always have what sells. See the love story in Ghost in the shell.

I don't care, point is EoT is not based on an anime.

If you don't care then why did you even bring this up?

That is like saying American gods isn't based on a comic, but a visual novel.

>noone pays to see shit adaptations

Bit of a catch 22, because noone has made a decentt adaptation

I think you misunderstood. I don't care that you think most anime live adaptations aren't actually based on an anime, my point is only that EoT isn't based on one, that's all.
No, EoT is really based on a light novel. It's like thinking John Carpenter's The Thing is based on the 1950s The Thing and not the book called ''Who Goes There''.

Don't worry, just saving live-action real quick

But the source material is already trash.

And my point is that other movies aren't based on anime either, so there's nothing special about EoT. People just think of all of them as anime.

>No, EoT is really based on a light novel.

You kinda missed the point. Light novels are basically anime. like pic related.

Why does that matter here at all? That's just your own perception of things. EoT doesn't fit here because it's not based on an anime, period.
Are you saying light novels are anime because the covers can be drawn in anime-style? What? Nobody's talking about the artstyle, the cover of All You Need is Kill already looks anime-y enough, that's irrelevant here.

Hollywood isn't comfortable enough with letting certain anime tropes go by. It's why a connection between two kids gets turned into two adult who are married.

What does it have to do with my perception? Dragon Ball, Death Note, Attack on Titan, JoJo, Ghost in the Shell--these are all originally manga. It's not my opinion that they are.

And what the other guy is saying is that light novels are essentially anime in literary form. Not just because of the art.

Kaiji would be a really good Live Action movie

Oh wait they already did that. And it was bretty gud.

why the fuck would you adapt bebop when the anime is already perfect, it can only get worse. i pray the faggots in charge get aids

>that's irrelevant here.

Have you ever actually read a light novel before? It seems like you don't have a firm grasp of what light novels are. Pic related it's a page from All you need is kill. It's anime

>What does it have to do with my perception? Dragon Ball, Death Note, Attack on Titan, JoJo, Ghost in the Shell--these are all originally manga. It's not my opinion that they are.
You're saying that EoT fits here despite being based on a light novel when this is about manga/anime adaptations, don't play dumb.
>And what the other guy is saying is that light novels are essentially anime in literary form
What are you talking about? A book allows you to tell your story in a way that a manga or anime normally wouldn't do because you're supposed to express everything in purely text form (with maybe some guest artist illustrations every few pages so that the kids don't fall asleep). Manga/anime/movie adaptations have to cut down on it to fit things into an episode and a season. Books have far more freedom because of it.

I don't care if the book's dialogue is kawaii uguu oneechan, the point is that EoT is based on a novel and not a manga/anime like Death Note or Jojo or Dragon Ball Evolution or (god forbid it actually happens) Evangelion.

forgot pic.

see
It isn't about the content, it's about the format.

>bebop
>perfect

Just like the movie, its could be about telling another story.

I'm getting real shitty with introduction films 2bh

oy vey im calling the diversity police on you, theres not enough negroes in this

Dragon Ball and EoT are both thought of as or called adaptations of anime, even though neither of them are anime. That's what makes them the same. And broadly speaking manga, anime and light novels are the same thing in different formats.

>What are you talking about?
You are really not familiar with this stuff if you don't understand what I mean.