War for the Planet of the Apes

Will audiences demand sci-fi to be more high-brow after witnessing the 2010 Planet of the Apes trilogy?

The Last Jedi has no way of matching up to this.

selfbump

This might be a very rare trilogy where each successive film is better than the predecessor.

These movies are all dogshit and this is coming from someone who finds great apes interesting. Stop being fucking drones.

>a gorilla riding a tiny horse like that

this might be a very rare kind of shill thread where each successive post is more shilly than the predecessor

R.i.p Monkey Jesus. He's in a better place with James Franco now.

>I hate popular things, all who like things with good reviews are drones.

STFU with you're contrarian elitist shit. Get ready for some apekino.

>high-brow

If this third movie turns out to be as great as the previous two we'll have the best blockbuster trilogy in years

>man I sure love these poular planet of the apes movies that have zero cultural impact and are utterly forgettable

>Pretty good first movie
>Pretty good second movie
>Pretty good third movie

Is their any other movie trilogies that didn't fuck up somewhere?

Sweet summer children

This is probably the first trilogy that isn't shit

why did the first film have loads of foreshadowing of the lost spaceship?
was it just fan service or do you think there will be a fourth film which is a remake of the original?

>cultural impact

>two sci-fi movies this year about apes that have a Vietnam War feel

What does it mean?

My only complaint about the trilogy is the second one is a better title for the first and vice versa

>The end to the MON-KINO trilogy is set to be released soon.

Is this the end of an era, or the start of something new?

>Bomb after bomb in June
>Suddenly, each movie is a 96% Ultra-Godlike Blockbuster to rule them all

Critics are all such cocksuckers, this film looks dumb as shit, oooh we are monkeys trying to live and being hunted down :( part 3

Nope better rev up the Oscar talk for this Spiderman and Boss Baby Driver. Just shut up, the damage control here is so transparent its disgusting.

>96% with 52 reviews
>Still not certified fresh
>Captain Underpants is at 86%, still not certified fresh
>Wonder Woman was certified fresh the second it went up

I can see where you're coming from but the second one is called "Dawn" because it features the first ape civilization.

It makes sense for the first movie to be called "Rise" since it's the actual rising of the apes as a civilization from the humans.

Most thoughtful blockbuster franschise movies of this decade desu

These movies have convinced me that general audiences are retarded. Dawn and War are certified kino (I've seen War), and they don't get the hype they deserve because they are slow burns and modern audiences can't handle anything slower than the average Avengers film.

I get it but you could easily make the argument the other way too. It took me like a year to remember which was which

Personally I dislike all the films and series. The concept of apes taking over the world and how they're treated as characters is just anally retarded.

If any animal were to become intelligent enough to overthrow human civilization, it would Apes.

Or dolphins

theyd never stand a chance.

apes didnt even destroy civilization in this series, a virus did. This is the story of how a virus killed off the human race and apes mopped up, but even their mopup is unrealistic, the humans are incredibly dumb throughout

Caesar predictably dies huh?

Agreed desu.

But plebs lover this trash

Star Wars isn't Sci fi

anyone really bothered by every movie now having extremely high ratings and scores despite the fact they are not even good

Nah that's just your autistic ass.

wtf I hate humans now????

#apelivesmatter

There was a plan to do that or at least include the crew in some form but that was before matt reeves stepped in so things might of changed idk.

This. Its a fantasy set in a sci-fi setting.

I've enjoyed a lot of movies this year like that but ya critics are just tossing these scores around like candy for what I think are just decent movies but all they're doing is lowering the standard. Nothing but blind fanboys and/or sjws. I have no doubt War will be solid like the previous movies though but still critics are acting like this and spider man homecoming are the fucking gold standard.

>MONKINO

LoTR. Only hardcore book fags get triggered by the changes

Toy Story. Captain America.

I like both The Winter Solder and Civil War but The First Avenger falls apart in the second half.

Civil War is pretty good minus the shitty CGI. The final fight was one of the most engaging in the MCU

To be fair they probably thought they would only get one film. The first ends in such a way that perfectly sets up the original movies

I agree. I quite like the airport battle as well, honestly. It has one of my favorite 3rd acts of the entire MCU and I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked Zemo.

It gets certified fresh when it gets over 80 reviews with the vast majority positive I think. Captain Underpants didn't even get 80 reviews

But First Avenger is boring shit and Civil War is an Avenger film

The 4th one will be called "Rise of the Dawn of the War of the Planet of the Apes".

>WE WUZ HUMANZ N SHIET
shit franchise

Pretty pumped for his Batman movie.

Why do millennials obsess over that fucking site any way? Whatever happened to just going to a see a movie and decided on your own if it was good or not?

Yeah but that's like every fucking major movie. The Ape movies are pretty meh though. No idea why people are so hyped about them. The mocap acting is well done though. It's just shit everything else.

.......I like Zemo too

Original Star Wars trilogy
Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future

>Linking to another thread when the current is active

>P...please come to my thread

Pathetic

Episode 6 isn't that good. the scenes with Vader and the emperor are some of the best in the trilogy, but Ewoks and shit was stupid

It's still a good movie.

Back to the Future III is so inferior to the previous two it's ridiculous

Nah it's still good. It's just seems so divorced from the other two because it spends so little time in the 50's

For blockbusters, these movies have characters who are well developed, the drama is pretty well constructed and doesn't feel forced or manipulative; they have genuinely good directing/photography; the action scenes aren't gratuitous, convoluted or cluttered, they're properly built up with stakes and actually serve a purpose in the story a they're a part of. Plus the CGI is top-tier.

You might not be into them but they're by far the most competently made blockbusters these days.

Because everything about them are well done. Honestly can't point out anything wrong with Dawn

NO KOBA
NO BUY
>the greatest cinematic villain of the current century
dude was better than darth vader in my book

The dark knight trilogy :)

I loved Koba too desu. One of the highlights of Dawn

>84%
>94%
>87%

Also provides greatest meme of all time.

Why does TV hate this trilogy again?

Without Meming, TDKR is easily Nolan's worst film. Its really mediocre. If they had focused it down a bit more it would have been better. Shit, did we really need Catwoman

Not the trilogy just the other 2 and a half hours after the plane scene.

Nah Captain America trilogy is far better than this trilogy. Nothing stands out other than the special effects in these movies.

They're formulaic, sure, but Cesar alone is enough reason to watch them. They aren't ground breaking or game changing but that doesn't make them bad.

How do you fucking expect him to be in the movie, stupid retard faggot

He dies in the second one

lol

I feel like interstellar was Nolans worst.

But regardless I like TDKR better than Rise which us the weakest of the Apes trilogy.If TDKR was 30 minutes shorter it would've been better than BB.

He really did strike a good balance with Caesar. Caesar is basically an Uncle Tom for the apes, having matured with Will and knowing and seeing how good humans can be. Koba is the result of actual human ambition and he has the scars to prove it.

O.K other the special effects and caeser what's so memorable about them?

I came out of the second one thinking the exact same thing. It annoys me.

O.K I might change my mind if the humans massacre the apes using our millenias worth tactics and tech like we are supposed to.

The lenght was far from being the biggest of DKR's problems. Even with 30 minutes less it still would've been very sloppily writtena dn full of debatable creative decisions

To me it's length was the glaring problem, felt like it dragged after Bruce went to prison but the movie had so many thrilling parts (Bruce's escape , Hus first fight with bane, the plane heist).

I didn't realize people had a big issue with the plane sequence until a few years later when I learnt of the big guy meme.

Watching the relationship between all the apes develop and seeing their community grow, for one. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy The Winter Soldier and Civil War but The First Avenger completely destroys any argument about it being the best recent trilogy. It has a promising first half but the second ranks up there as some of the most bland and forgettable stuff in the MCU.

Oh yeah, the plane scene has awkward dialogue but it was overall really impacted by Baneposting. Seeing the same joke repeated over and over again and whatnot. Like I can't rewatch the movie without grinning at that part.
I don't hate the movie or even think it's bad, but I do think Nolan just stopped giving that much a fuck sometime before or during production and the final product could've been way better than what we ended up getting.

These movies seem oddly underappreciated. Yeah sure they get critical praise, but I don't see many people talking about them or expressing interest/excitement about War. Why is that?

Catwoman being totally irrelevant, the Shyamalan "twist" with Talia, Batman forgetting his literal decades of martial arts training to suddenly get into a brawl with Bane. In a way it felt more like a the proving film and should probably have come second. In TDK Bats was fully realized and wrecking shit all over Gotham. In TDKR everything spiraled out of his control in a matter of minutes.

Idk really, maybe because the marketing isn't as aggressive and ever-present as other blockbuster's. Either way, it's a shame

>Nah Captain America trilogy is far better than this trilogy.
>Capeshitters actually believe this

damn, the shills really did get even more shilly as the thread proceeded

The stories are actually compelling though. I don't even remember what a single Captain America movie is about other than Iron Man and Steve bitch fighting over Bucky.

Because you can't cosplay or dress up as Caesar for Halloween to make an attention whore out of yourself. They aren't capeshit explosions everywhere, they actually have an interesting narrative that spans 3 movies.

>a movie featuring a bunch of apes getting above 90 on RT

What else is new?

LotR fucked up in a lot of places, books or no, but their good moments far outweighed the bad moments.

I hear that the TDKR was impacted heavily by Heath Ledger's suicide. Could be that instead of not giving a fuck, he was emotionally stunned and it hurt his filmmaking.

>ITS CONSPIRACY AGAINST MAN

>Captain America.
Good bait

>disneyshill still doesn't understand RT
They should stop hiring these indian fellows

monkino is upon us yet again

>e captain america is a good trilogy meme
How could this be when all three movies are absolute shit?

More like Cunny for the Planet of the Apes.

Mission Impossible
Before Trilogy

>apekino
but we already had Moonlight

Back to the Future 2 is objectively the worst movie in the series. People only ever prefer it over the others because of the brief future scenes at the beginning of the movie. Part III is a much better movie.