I actually liked it, what Sup Forums thinks of it?

I actually liked it, what Sup Forums thinks of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/123442/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there actually was a pig rape scene
>it wasn't just a tv meme

Jesus christ.
Also this has probably the only performance from Jake Gyllenhaal I didn't like. Way too over-the-top and histronic, looks like a bad Jack Sparrow imitation
Really solid movie otherwise.

like all netflix trash they just had to get political, but not a bad movie overall.

Can somebody explain to me why the PMC was doing the job of the police in the street?

>that first spoiler

Nigga what

because
MUH FEELZ
U
H

F
E
E
L
Z

Gyllenhaal was great.

I was expecting a stupid lighthearted movie about a girl and her weird hippo, and I got morbid PETA propaganda. I wouldn't have minded it being something other than what I expected, if only it hadn't been a hyperbolic vehicle for telling us that meat is murder.

How much Glenn from Walking Dead is there?

So they could be shown being assholes to the characters, beating them up and shit?

but user, meat is murder.

And with those five words you've done what this movie thought it needed two obnoxious hours to drive home.

But that's every Bong Joon Ho film. His stuff is always political

Is this a Neverending Story remake?

>breed superpig with huge ugly superboar
>send superpig off to get slaughtered anyway without even waiting for the superpiglet to be born
>all the while, Paul Dano the good guy ecoterrorist
The whole movie was so ham-fisted.

I'm and that's pretty much what I was expecting.

I liked Gyllenhaal a lot in it, came across as a live action anime character to me. Is it strange for anyone else seeing white actors under what seems an obviously asian director?

Asian films always has the over the top characters in their movies. Just look at tilda and jake's performance. I think it was intentional.

Slightly smaller role than Paul Dano or Jake Gyllenhaal, but bigger than Lily Collins or Giancarlo Esposito.

>send superpig off to get slaughtered anyway without even waiting for the superpiglet to be born
That was only because Nancy took over the company and she didn't give a fuck about all of their PR stunts. Lucy had no intention of doing that.

I don't get how slaughtering a pregnant sow makes more business sense than doing the standard meat industry thing of letting the livestock breed and then slaughtering it when it's done making more potential food.

unfortunately, we live in a world where two hours isn't enough

>I don't like it because I don't agree with what I think it's trying to say

>>Do you see the film as anti-meat-eating as well?
>BJH: Actually in the movie, Mija is not vegan.
>TS: Her favorite food is chicken. But the chickens, she lives with them, and she has a different relationship with meat.
>BJH: So within the grand scheme of nature, [I] don’t oppose eating animals. Humans have been eating animals for a very long time, thousands and thousands of years. Even animals eat animals. These factories that process meat products in a mass factory scale have just been a very recent endeavor. It’s not really a problem with humans eating meat or the habit of eating meat. It’s a problem with the mass production and how we treat animals in the era of capitalism.

I think people who complain about the movie's "message" are looking to be offended by it before they even watch the movie. The movie even pokes fun at vegans.
It's Bong Joon-Ho doing ET with a little subtext and that's all there is to it. I'm sorry that you, and a lot of people apparently, have to be offended at a movie that uses meat production and animal cruelty as a background for what is really just a "kid and monster" adventure
I watched this movie eating a nice cheeseburger and I had a good time. It's far from perfect and probably my least favorite from Joon-Ho I've seen but it was good.

I like how Asian films are more pragmatic when depicting animals, like actually giving it an anus and sexual organs.

The concept of a buddy animal movie that's as brutal as this is cool but the story and characters were really shit. It might have worked better without a language barrier between the director and his actors.

I don't think you were passive aggressive enough, maybe you could dial it up a little?

It's nothing to do with me not liking what it was trying to say, it's that the message was really shoddily conveyed. Unbunch your panties.

Daily reminder

nhentai.net/g/123442/1/

I'm not being passive agressive at all and I didn't say it was about you not liking what it was trying to say.
I'm just telling you that you are getting too hung up on the idea that this movie is "PETA propaganda" and that you really didn't pay attention to the movie if you think it was about "sending a message" that meat is murder when neither the director nor the main character push that idea.
I don't watch ET and go "wow this movie really is trying to force a message that the United States government and police are evil". I watch ET because it's cute. Same thing with Okja.

You know what people watch things for the purpose of looking for hidden "messages" that they can get offended by ? They are a really prominent boogeyman here for a reason.

It works better when you keep in mind that he's doing a parody of Jimmy Saville, and every recent Korean film has to have some kind of over-the-top anime villain character.
I hated his ass through the entire movie but that seems to attest how he good he was, because it would take a lot to make me hate Jake Gyllenhaal and not want him in a movie.

>It might have worked better without a language barrier between the director and his actors
This
I hope Bong Joon-ho stops casting American actors in his next movies, because there's nothing they do that wouldn't be done better by actors of different nationalities (although for this movie it kind of was necessary since a bulk of it takes place in America) and without that language barrier.
I feel like the movie builds up and peaks at the first chase scene and then it kind of stumbles the rest of the way.

Is that on record?

I don't see how it's supposed to be him, he's not British and the character seems to have a tragic side to him, like he was a Croc hunter style guy who got co-opted into PR for this meat company.

Just finished watching it. It was alright. Felt more unfocused compared to Snowpiercer.

The film was very message-y but I don't think he really got his message across.

I feel like The Tiger (2015) covered similar ground but did a better job imo.

I thought it was an instant Classic

I'm going to watch the tiger now, thx for the heads up user