Why do people like to pretend like they identify more with the dark edgy anti-hero and consider the typical hero...

Why do people like to pretend like they identify more with the dark edgy anti-hero and consider the typical hero archetype boring? Don't you think it speaks volumes about our society as a whole if people feels as though they identify more with some edgy emotional selfish prick, and not a genuine good guy who just wants to help someone out for the sake of doing so?

I don't identify with anti-heroes, I just find them more interesting and entertaining.

People like anti-heroes because instant gratification and they allow more blood to spill.

As of right now, I identify most with gwenpool.

Because the grim dark edgy anti-hero is a perfect representation of the world we live in. Everyone knows what it's like to feel depressed, most of us are stuck in a constant state of depression.

No you don't, you're just a waifu fag.

Literally every superhero is depressed with some fucked up background, they don't act like selfish assholes because of it though.

Because genuinely good people that would act like proper heroes are very rare. If a random person were to get super powers, chances are they'd use it selfishly or help others for their own benefit.

Superman isn't depressed. He lives a perfectly happy and fulfilling life.

Except they don't deal with it in the appropriate way. They get over that eventually an continue by a strict moral guideline. That's not how things like that should be approached. If you had the option, what would you chose? To watch Osama Bin Laden get tried in a court of his peers, or would you hang the fucker by his ball sack and slowly lower him into a wood chipper?

It has a lot to with how in control the common person feels.

Because heroes that risk the lives or quality of life of others, or don't perform as well as they could in protecting or serving their society, just because it may cross their personal boundaries or go against their morals, are the selfish ones, not the edgelords.

Batman letting the Joker live on to terrorize Gotham and the world just because he doesn't want to become "evil" is selfish. Daredevil in S2 of his show giving the mob a "time-out" and letting them regrow in prison because it was against his faith was selfish. Superman letting villains with the capability to destroy the earth live instead of laser-beaming them to hell is selfish.

And every death, any destruction, and all the pain that is caused after those heroes spare their enemy, is on them, and they're 100% okay with that.

How's that for edgy?

nah, she has bad relations (implied i know) with her family and a shit job. is in a new area with few friends. this is very much mu life right now.

Anti-heroes do what they want to do but can't.
Heroes do what they should do but can't.

Emotionally selfish? The temendous strength to be capable of what Frank does... the sheer sacrifice and pain that he alone carries would crush most other men.

Even most good people with superpowers would go full Frank, and eventually get depressed as they realize what huge percentage of the population is awful

It's so weird that people value this stupid moral compass when it's for the better good, while we live in a society that basically runs on this kind of compromise.

Does Frank kill people who abuse animals? Like dog fighting and stuff.

Idk, does the mexican drug cartel abuse animals?

That's just silly. What did Osama ever do to you?

Spare me "muh burden" shit please.

in one way or the other, criminal organizations do

He definitely would. Especially if they were abusing dogs.

my man

Yeah.
No..

Ah, so you visit Sup Forums for cartoons.

Matt had it worse than Frank.

The pic in comes from a two-parter where he took out a dog fighting ring.

One of the Summer Specials also involved poachers.

Yes, it does.

>killing is always the right thing to do
>muh rugged individualism

Because people think being emo and edgy makes you look mature

Most thugs think the system is a joke, hell, most of them go to prison and actually get worse because of the gangs they come into contact with. The only way to stop crime is through fear.

Han was a hell of a lot more entertaining than Luke.

That being said, if Steve Rogers showed up in real life, I'd probably follow him to my inevitable death.

I don't think Frank should be directly compared to other superhero just for the fact that he's not a supe. he can't really afford to take chances since he's as squishy as the ones that he punishes.

batman

does not count. you know why.

>Frank has to kill because he's human
>"What about all the normal human heroes who don't kill?"
>THEY DONT COUNT! MURDER IS ALWAYS JUSTIFIED!

He was setting up for a "because I'm Batman" joke dipshit.