Did Sup Forums even watch this film? It was legit the best movie of the year in 2016

Did Sup Forums even watch this film? It was legit the best movie of the year in 2016.

>It was legit the best movie of the year in 2016.

Did you watch it?

But that's not Manchester by the Sea

Turned it off after ~45 minutes, definitely not worth the watch

It's a literally generic coming of age story. It only won best picture because the main character was gay. Even who wants to be a millionaire is better.

It's on my Amazon Prime™© ® watchlist. It sounds pretty serious; I just haven't been in the right mood to watch it yet.

Also, if you really want a ghetto negro coming out of age kino, watch City of God. Maybe even Boyz n the hood, but not this piece LGBT propaganda piece of shit.

i didn't watch any of the oscar nominees 2bh

La La Land and Manchester by the Sea are kino, the rest you can skip.

There are better gay films about the same subject.

Too busy watching cape-shit, ey buddy?

Seconding this

>La La Land
>white people jazz

I bet you enjoyed Glee.

Stereotypical, bland, unrealistic, sometimes very pretentious but with good acting, directing and cinematography. 6/10. If that's the best movie of 2016 for you, you didn't watch a lot of movies that year.

>spend hours bitching about a movie on Sup Forums because it has black people in it
>never take 2 hours to just watch it
What did Sup Forumstards mean by this?

too busy not watching shitty oscarbait dramas

LGBTQIAPKC

The music is catchy and the story is a deconstruction of musicals.
And yes. I did enjoy the first few seasons of Glee.

>Manchester by the Sea

>uhhh im from boston
>im very apathetic
>cause i killed my kids
>and everyone around me moves on quicker than me
>oh well
>the end

how it got to the oscars ill never understand. you win best actor because eastcoast and everyone is still masturbating to the recent super bowl win?

t. Tom Ford

No, movies about mental illness tend to fall short for me

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
A Beautiful Mind
Girl Interrupted
Rain Man
Memento
American Psycho
Melancholia

Go back to your Spider-Man thread, capeshitter.

I don't watch movies that promote the self destructive homosexual agenda

It's good, yeah. But far from the best i've ever seen.
I think paterson got me more feels and overall enjoyment.

I genuinely enjoyed it, the cinematography and directing were fantastic. It was also one of the few films where I legitimately believed that a child actor grew up to become the adult character later on.
My only complaint was there were occasionally some cheesy lines of dialogue and that Mahershala Ali's character didn't have a Cuban accent (as he offhandedly mentioned he grew up in Cuba). Still a 9/10 movie desu.

mention mental illness and autism manifests

good job stating jazz as a pleb Sup Forums

Not interested in watching gay stuff.

>implying I'm Sup Forums
>implying la la land is bad because of jazz
Gosling and Stone are shit and hammed it up for a third time together reddit

Blacksploitation by rich Hollywood establishment to Garner neoliberalistic sympathy belongs in trash, not winning awards. Cramming the allegedly lifetime struggle in a ghetto-esque environment in a film timespan is no more than a textbook tentative to make the viewers to be suffocated of guilt, and consequently "woke" the viewer after the film ends. Dishonest filmmaking by fraud director at best, although he should be praised for succeeding at deceiving instant activists of BLM-like pseudoagenda.

I want to see three stages in the life of this gay black man.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

this, I will never watch this

Last 10 minutes is some of the best acting I've seen. Good shit.

The first (with the exception of the pseudo-baptism scene) and third acts were meh, but the second act was really special.

Any of the scenes with the bully had my heart pumping so fast it was ridiculous.

Naomi Harries deserved to win, Mahershala did not.

That's not La la land :(