Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

More of everything

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FotoCub/status/753250382218919936
pastebin.com/12HZt165
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1) I have read literally nothing today, what is good

2) WHEET WHEET HAWKMAN/ADAM STRANGE MINI WHEEEET

I haven't been able to read any of today's books. Trying to avoid Viz spoilers!

I thought we were done with secret Manhunters!

The Deadman mini looks pretty good too
Every other month and prestige so 40+ pages at the least
And THAT ART, I almost want it to be b&w

Also CW2 sucked total balls

I'm more pumped for that Deadman thing. Sounds Awesome.

Back of head tho "where's legion"

I'm really enjoying this dank new meme where DC keeps releasing and announcing good books I want to read.

The Vision missed me up.

I saw someone reviewing it who was all "this is really bad" and so I asked "how high are the flames relative to the dumpster"; he said leaving aside the really stupid death, it just doesn't make any sense.

yeah, prestige format for that Deadman project is great.

>Kenan
>Dick
>Steve
>Hawkman announcement
today was a good day for husbandos.
All 3 books those guys were in were good btw, especially Kenan's.

Plus Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love. All of them out with Vigilante: Southland in autumn? I hope this is a trend that continues!

Interesting statistic on both creative a creator diversity by DC.
twitter.com/FotoCub/status/753250382218919936

Why is Kenan so perfect?

So
>Raven
>Hawkman/Adam Strange
>Deadman
>Midnighter/Apollo
>Section 8 sequel
>Prez?

Pretty solid lineup of minis desu
Raven is the only one that'll be ehhh

so I should get myself hin and read New Super-Man?

HJGLC actually made me kinda happy but I still don't trust Venditti! one issue is not enough

New Super-Man was fun, Kenan a cute

I haven't read WW or Nightwing yet

and fuck yeah I'm pumped about that Hawkman/Adam Strange mini! the Deadman mini sounds rad too

why are things like this even on people's minds
it's like a memetic cancer

CWII was less worse than it could've been, but still pretty stupid. New Avengers remains consistently fun and keeps the plot rolling forward every month. I'm all aboard the POD/Aikku/Toni ship.

Dan Slott's explanation/defense of the "THESE spoilers are GOOD, these spoilers are BAD" makes sense only if you don't look at it for longer than a second.

"We hope readers will come in, stick around, buy a few other books" well they fucking won't, and that's if they have a comic shop in their area or decide to go to the goddamn thing in the first place. You're trying to sell "Death of Superman" to normal people again, and it's just not going to work to that extent ever again.

New Man of Super was a gem. I'm buying the shit out of it tomorrow.

On the other hand, Civil War got me legitimately mad, and I've always just brushed off Bendis' idiocy before.

So much good stuff today, fuck. Good news, good comics, good food I made. Only sad part was seeing my LCS not carrying Wrath of the Eternal Warrior.

AND MR ROBOT IS ON TONIGHT

Yes!
Kenan is 10/10 husbando, he has a deal with him that he needs worked out, and there are a couple interesting supporting characters that are introduced. And I can smell the character development coming.

A lot was good today. Civil War was bad, and Tynion's Detective Comics thing is a just a long demonstration that he ain't Rucka, but Wonder Woman, Superman, Vision, New Avengers, Nightwing and Gwenpool were all good.

I even chanced on the Inhuman book after you mentioned it talking about old Inhumans vs new Inhumans and I'm still not gonna pull it but it is doing that. Even the books I hate-read were better than usual today.

What's interesting to me is that DC is announcing these as minis to BEGIN with instead of solos as stealth minis. That's a change of pace.

wait, what, with Slott?

I gotta go pick up Ragnarök tomorrow and maybe I'll grab a hard copy of Flintstones

what got you mad about this round of Bendis?

YES

What I find more interesting is they did that with DCYou twice, and all of them that weren't Harley's or Ivy's sold pretty bad. All but those sold under 20k by half way through at least.

But still it's nice that they still do it.

How gay are we reading Steve/Nick?

>I'm all aboard the POD/Aikku/Toni ship.
Yes this is good.

Oh, yeah and Rucka WW was fun, Io is back, they got a little more blatant about teasing WW as bi buuuuut no on panel romance or her going "yeah I wanna fuck that lady" yet. I believe Rucka absolutely writes Wondy as bi, I just wonder how much DC will let him show.

Io being allowed to be on panel gay for Diana is at least a lot more than they used to give her.

And I've hated the lettering in every issue of WW. I don't know what it is, I usually don't even notice, but that lettering just keeps throwing me off.

that spoiler stuff is funny bc it shows the sham of most comic websites. And marvel should've learned from last year and DC doing Rebirth

Like 5/10 on the gay scale

Needed more beach adventures in tiny swimshorts to have a higher number desu

I'm really glad about Hawkman but
>It's a Rann/Thanagar episode

when we get closer to launch, I'll set up another Marvel Betting Pool

I still gotta check who got closest to winning the last one

Slott offered his explanation for why Marvel spoiling things to newspapers is different than BC spoiling things. He doesn't like either, but the former the company actually works with the writers, and it's supposed to be part of a grand marketing strategy.

A very ineffective marketing strategy that doesn't bring in dedicated buyers, but that's Marvel for you.

>And I've hated the lettering in every issue of WW. I don't know what it is, I usually don't even notice, but that lettering just keeps throwing me off.

you're not alone there, it's just slightly off enough to be distracting

oh shit look who it is....

also, if anyone here has Gerber's Foolkiller, I'd press F to pay respects for a download link

>also, if anyone here has Gerber's Foolkiller, I'd press F to pay respects for a download link
YOU'RE USING THE MEMES WRONG OP

i know, i'm tired

It's based on just getting people in the shop. Ymmv on the importance

There's some Foolkiller in the big pastebin:

pastebin.com/12HZt165

how's the Nightwing Rebirth?

I saw some people hating on Paquette's art and went O__o

you are a scholar and a gentleman, fine user

It really banks a lot on those people having a shop around them. If they wanna sell to people reading the NYT, they should focus on their online sales.

Really nice, a good establishing issue, gives everybody some time, Dick some breathing room before barreling into the next plot. Rebirth in general has been pretty solid. Very few 'great, amazing' comics, but very solid almost all around so far.

Paquette probably didn't spend a year slaving over it so it looked pretty rushed in places desu

But the issue itself was just fine, one of the better Rebirth oneshots.

I read Nightwing and Hal Jordan Rebirth, Civil War 2, New Avengers, and Gwenpool.
Nightwing was probably the best Rebirth, HJatGL was shit, New Avengers continues to be fun as fuck (although Ewing may have made his first continuity mistake), and Civil War 2 was... it was Bendis, no more needs be said.

My brothers

It's feels very Grayson-influenced: it establishes the Grayson supporting cast are still going to be the supporting cast, but all framed in a Dick-Damian big bro interaction. The plot thread spinning out of it is Dick going undercover.

>let's play thermonuclear war

good, good

It was so fucking stupid. Banner was trying to explain that he can't Hulk out anymore, Beast hacked his stuff and found experiments that might be incriminating if the accuser is a two year old who can't into reasoning and logic? Clint shot him for NO FUCKING REASON other than Bendis wanting him to which is doubly incensing because Hawkeye is very anti-kill.

AND ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE A MOOT FUCKING POINT BECAUSE BANNER LITERALLY CANNOT BECOME THE HULK ANYMORE AND I'M NOT EVEN MAD AT BENDIS SO MUCH AS HE'S JUST LIKE A DEVELOPMENTALLY CHALLENGED CHILD WHERE THEY'RE GOING TO ACT A CERTAIN WAY NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY BUT THOSE GODDAMN FUCKING EDITORS ARE GIVING HIM THEIR BLESSING TO *COMPLETELY* THROW EVERYTHING FROM CHULK'S BOOK OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW.

I understand that Bendis sells well, but at a certain point doesn't the money become not worth it if it means sacrificing your integrity and your soul like that?

Fuck.

What'd he do!??

I should say "a" supporting cast rather than "the"

Speaking of CW2 being shit, it's hilarious to me that no matter where I look, people are shitting on it in large numbers.
Like there are a few stray people here and there on twitter, tumblr, etc that are curious to see where it's going or can say good things about it, but man, 95% of people are HATING it.

Annoys me that it'll still sell very well despite this.

Hawkeye spotted his eyes flickering green. :^)

>but at a certain point doesn't the money become not worth it if it means sacrificing your integrity and your soul like that?
He's a fucking jew, user.

On 1 of the topics of last thread: the first Civil War spin-off story issue thing has this implication Miss America is hanging around on earth, this dimension, because of Kate Bishop.

I guess that kind of stands up from their Secret Wars reaction.

I mean, it'll sell well because it's an event. But it won't do Secret Wars numbers -- not even close, if you just take the first issue sales as an estimate.

Looks like we're probably going to get Romita who gives a shit in All Star Batman. I'm hype desu.

...fuck this world

Thing that's killing me about CWII:

Carol hasn't done anything yet that's like "gone too far", especially in comparison to what Tony and Reed and every other moron did in the first Civil War. Carol acts on intelligence, and things out of her control happens. When's she gonna really precrime somebody? Right now it's just like if something bad happened during a mission given from regular info gathering, except the info is now from a dude who can see the future.

Like 'bringing a ton of other avengers and forcing a panic moment on Bruce' is a stupid move, but that's not just on her, that's on Tony and everybody else too. Should've been "Hey, Amadeus, could you be a peach and talk to Bruce for us about his secret genetic experiments that're worrying us so we don't unnecessarily stress him out?"

Carol should be in the wrong on this goddamn event but she hasn't really done anything out of line yet. It's pissing me off that we're really supposed to go along with this, and considering how few issues we have left, the swing into villainizing her is just going to be extra stupid and sudden.

>nobody told Pak what Bendis was gonna do with Banner so he made it so he can't change into Hulk at all
>Bendis wasn't told about what Pak did with Banner in TAH
>Bendis did hear about what Pak did and he doesn't give a fuck

Which one is more likely, given the state of marvel editorial?

>I heard his heartbeat hulking out on a frequency only deaf people can hear ;^)

One and three.

>which one
>one

Dude, he decided Rhodey should be the one to die after someone else told him that he and Carol were dating. This is from the guy who's supposed to be writing Iron Man.

He doesn't know anything that nobody outright tells him at point blank. Agent School Girl Brand feels like proof.

Don't forgot OP, because of Bendis's shit, we'll probably never see Songbird and Hawkeye make up.

>Clint shot him for NO FUCKING REASON other than Bendis wanting him to which is doubly incensing because Hawkeye is very anti-kill.

Hawkeye's iced a motherfucker before. Though that guy was a supervillain that was about to kill Hank.

well how are you owls today

now I'm really mad

Honestly Leth not being told what happens to Jen and her having to hastily rewrite her CW2 tie in makes me think #1.

Editorial probably just lets Bendis do whatever and doesn't bother telling other people what's happening.

>well how are you owls today
bretty gud, I got picked for jury duty yesterday and it was over today

200000000000% mad desu

Honestly my rage has been so laser-focused on Bendis that I didn't even consider those other two possibilities.

You can still say that it's his fault for not reading the material he has access to, though. Even if he's busy writing so many books, it's his responsibility to keep current on the characters he'll be using.

good, good

how hard could it be to make an internal wiki with everyone's status at the time, even if you'd have to make sure it didn't get hacked into, etc?

Aside from furious? Pretty good. I'm finally getting to drive on the road tomorrow at the truck driving school I'm going to.

No it isn't, it's their responsibility to make sure their plans don't contradict what he's planning.

This is probably how he thinks, the self-absorbed prick

The idea of Marvel organizing at all to even half that degree is hilarious. Or even thinking "we should hire someone to make something that makes our editors and writers jobs easier". They don't think like that.

I doubt most of them even skim check fan wikis.

just ask Ewing tbqh

For the first time in several years, we have Air Conditioning.

Tonight, I'm going to sleep like the dead.

I finished Defenders last night, so now I'm moving on to Byrrne's Namor series for my storytime!

Remember when they didn't keep Rucka even slightly in the loop about where Frank was going next? They've got a real communication problem over there.

I mean, DC does too, but still.

Hello Storyteller.

I am late, but whatever, comics.

>Rucka Wondy
This issue was much better than the last, since this one had plenty of cute slice of life stuff, and featured that format gimmick that made the whole thing flow much more smoothly. Also Io is back, and thirstier than ever.

>New Superman
See, this is what I was talking about before about diversity characters needing to be, well, characters. This was quite enjoyable because Kenan comes off like an actual person than as some shallow power fantasy. Also, shocker, Dr. Omen is my waifu.

AC is love, AC is life

Is that the one where he's splashing into the 90s?

How are you storyteller?

It starts in 1990, so he isn't EXTREME yet.

AC is a lifesaver

It's been getting into triple digits here, and the upstairs AC doesn't do jackshit when it's that hot, so it'll easily be up past 80 degrees even when you set it to 70 degrees.
Had to get a small unit and set it up by the window in my room, and HOLY SHIT it feels so good now.

Pak gets the Memorial issue at least

>Be excited about new Hawkeye trial
>Guggenheim

shoot me now Clint

I am doing really well! Good shit has come my way.

except that the dog is mad because he wants his walk NOW and I am NO dog it's too HOT and it'll be hard on your body, and a pissy schnauzer can be a very loud thing.

I hope Guggenheim stays at marvel

I would be okay with his wife doing something at DC tho, since she made Carol tolerable

Marvel betting pool? Launch?

that last panel is Sup Forums.jpg

we bet on how many issues books are gonna get

after he threw that giant pity party for himself, too

I find Waid's old man hair trigger funny

Waid, shit like that freakout is why you aren't allowed in DC.

I mean I'm pretty sure the cover of the first issue has something like that written on it. "__________ing into the 90's!"

Sounds hella depressing

Oh, it's kind of funny, I think Red Wolf ran longer than most people suspected

yeah I thought it would go for 5 issues
my surprise when it went on for 6!

i wonder if those deadpool books will surprise anyone