ITT: we share pics of our unis

ITT: we share pics of our unis

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2N7AfgAxYss
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i’m on the verge of dropping out though

Are your classes actually in that giant stalinesque building?

University of Turku

10/10

I studied at the most comfy uni in the world. You can't beat this comfiness. This is Hogwarts-level

As a kid I always fantasized about going to Oxbridge and literally walking in the footsteps of Newton, Maxwell, Hawking, Thomson, etc., though I feel like you find a lot of posh assholes at schools like that.

Looks bretty nice

Nice Gothicc architecure is maximum cozy

>Gaylord
heh

>finnish architecture

I had the same feeling, especially after reading some of their biographies.
I also wanted to go to king's college to sing in the choir too.

>walking in the footsteps of Newton, Maxwell, Hawking, Thomson, etc.

Studying in the library (Bodleian) always gave me these feels (pic related)

But holy shit are you right about these posh cunts, especially if you're a poor student with loans

That's a very nice library, again maximum coziness

Here's my Uni's fancy one.
Technically it's part of the conservatory and more for show than anything but I still very much enjoy it.

I feel that way about england and a lot of europe in general

America has an okay history but it's just so big that you don't really feel the sense of history you get that you might get in smaller countries with very deep histories. A place like the UK has thousands of years of widely known historical figures compressed into the size of Michigan, so like everywhere you go has something important(look at the blue plaques for example).

I know actual Brits don't feel this way but it's something I considered since I'm from a massive country without the amount of history of European countries.

>choir
God yes youtube.com/watch?v=2N7AfgAxYss

Anglicanism (specifically Anglo-Catholicism) is probably the most cozy religion.

Too bad I ended up having a mixed record in high school and couldn't go abroad to the UK or even an Ivy in the US. I'm OP, and I guess where I am now is pretty comfy so it's something.

Are you a brit or Belgian? From what I've read Ivies and other elite unis here are kinda similar. A good chunk of the students went to public high schools, worked hard, etc., but a lot were basically set from the cradle by having tutors, expensive prep schools, etc. There's even a grade school in my suburb that costs something like $30k/year that basically sends rich kids off to ivies.
OP here, our library is pretty cool as well. Pic related is the reading room. There's also this collaborative area with a big window facing the lake (), though the part with the actual books/archives is just a generic brutalist building with few windows.

I honestly considered finishing my degree at University of Coimbra in Portugal sort of for that reason. It's not like Coimbra or Portugal in general has put out any major physicists, but it would have been really enriching to live and study in a historical city like Coimbra, learn their language, etc.

Looks great, although too much lighting for my taste

I mean that actual library that students use is actually built into the ground and the books are housed in traditional floors of shelves.

Usually it is not lit up as much as in the picture, but it is still pretty bright,