Can we just admit the MCU is better than the DCEU finally?

Can we just admit the MCU is better than the DCEU finally?

Can us DCfags who were anticipating our own cinematic universe fucking grieve ITT?

>inb4 "falseflagging Marvelfag"

No, fuck off. I'm entirely serious.

The first "phase" of the DCEU isn't even over yet. As bad as MoS and BvS were, it's too early to judge.

The MCU is bland sameface shit.

DC has its problems, but the MCU is focus grouped nonsense.

Looking for easy (you)'s eh, master baiter?

>most people didn't like MoS
>most people didn't like BvS
>BvS tanked at the box office
>practically no hype for WW
>JL looking to be shit
Why the fuck is WB so fucking incompetent?

>As bad as MoS and BvS were
lol

I liked BvS and MoS better than the average Marvel film. Too many times a Marvel film has the hero and villain after the same gadget, and take it easy on making the characters actually oppose.

I like IM, and Cap 2 and 3 tho.

inb4 404

>>BvS tanked at the box office
This meme is lame.

MCU is mediocre as fuck.
Better than DCEU? I'd say yeah, but that doesn't mean anything about the source material (where of course DC is way better). The success of the MCU relies only on the blockbuster treatment and Disney-tier advertising it got, because honestly no one gave a fuck about 99% of the capefaggots on those movies or the stories that are being adapted.

Also, back to Sup Forums.

Most things are better than the DCEU.

>As bad as MoS and BvS were, it's too early to judge.
Superman is already dead. Wonder Woman is 500 years old old and jaded. Batman is his Dark Knight Returns self. We've already had the first major team up. The villains are already in jail to make for Suicide Squad. Superman has already been forced to kill. Society is already suspicious and distrusting of people with superpowers.

So yes, it's been enough time that we can judge. Because all the major genre plot points have already happened, many of them off camera

the mcu has two good films in Iron Man and Hulk user, and its a strech to maybe include Gotg which worked well for the first two acts despite ebing a horrible adaptation of the source material.

The DCEU has had two good films also.

I think you just have shit taste.

>plot
uber pleb
this is why you like the MCU
plot is secondary to visuals in a visual medium
style IS substance

>didnt see the movie

>Superman is already dead.
Why in the FUCK would this have been a good idea? Who the fuck looked at that shit and said, "Yeah, it's time for Superman to die NOW, in the second movie of the whole entire franchise?" Jesus christ.

>Wonder Woman is 500 years old old and jaded
Fuck this bullshit too. Not muh Wondy.

>Batman is his Dark Knight Returns self.
Yeah I'm not super cool with this either. I really feel like for the first major team up between Batman and Superman, as well as WW, they all should've been around the same age or so.

That'd mean more if it weren't evocative of the same mentality I caught earlier today lauding the dawn of "ghostkino" courtesy of Feige.

Character more important than plot, at least to the greeks it was. Characters were why Gotg was good

>plot is secondary to visuals in a visual medium
See, in complete honesty, I genuinely think Snyderfags are kind of stupid. They're the sort who are easily impressed by something looking good rather than it actually being good. They're the autistic ADHD kids of cinema audiences.

They completely ignore the shitty writing, shitty directing, and shitty acting of Snyder's movies and ONLY pay attention to the visuals. It's essentially the same as a kid going, "Oooo, shiny!" Snyderfags are utterly stupid.

Its actually true. Atmosphere/character/aesthetics/visulas can carry a film all on thier own, cinema was all about this when it began and has had various waves since then like giallo or french new wave.

A good example is Drive or John Wick, the plot to both are basic and would be absolute shit, or at least very dull if it wernt for the fantastic atmosphere layered throughout the respective films.

Im not even trying to insult you here, but you are the one being stupid right now.

pleb

YES YES to user you listen!

It was meant to make over 1 billion. It didn't. The studio will see it as a loss.

But visuals are not the end-all be all, and those movies you mentioned still had better writing, acting, editing, etc.

I'm not disrespecting atmosphere but don't act like it's everything.

>and those movies you mentioned still had better writing, acting, editing, etc.

>John Wick

There is nothing to support shitting on BvS to the degree that people try to.
It's pathetic.

meme

>There is nothing to support shitting on BvS to the degree that people try to.
>It's pathetic.
Okay maybe not John Wick but Drive most certainly did.

>But visuals are not the end-all be all
Well no i agree but that isnt the subject matter here.

>better writing, acting, editing, etc.
Well i agree with this they are both excellent films, whereas BvS and MoS are just very good (That said i havent seen direcotrs cut of either which i should probably do). Makes me especially excited for Refn's batgirl film.

Yes, and Drive is one of the greatest films of the new millenium.
That's a high bar for any movie to pass.

Le "Anything I disagree with is a meme," meme. Why else do you think Disney dropped 2D animation like a bad habit when PatF underperformed. It didn't bomb. It underperformed. WB isn't going to drop the DCEU cause they know they don't have time/money to restart it, so they just have to trudge on with the crapfest they have. Face it. With the properties they had in the movie, and the amount of advertising it got prior to release, the fact that is whizzed, popped and fizzled like a bottle rocket is telling. It failed.

>Well no i agree but that isnt the subject matter here.
Actually it is, since the other user was trying to argue that visuals WERE the most important part of a movie.

>Yes, and Drive is one of the greatest films of the new millenium.
And it was so because it kinda did everything right, not just visuals.

Eh, Drive is mostly as good as it is because of Refn, who is a very visual director.

yes but you started going on about editing and whatnot which was not the subject matter

Does the DC even have a U?

So far it's just one movie, a sequel, and a movie that really, REALLY wants you to be invested in a universe into which we've only got one movie and it's sequel.

It's ALL focus-grouped nonsense.

Literally all of it.

If it's a movie made by a major media conglomerate, it's focus-grouped nonsense.

>plot is secondary to visuals in a visual medium
That is not the problem. The problem is that DC movies have already gone through most of the major DC comic plot points in the span of two movies without properly developing the characters. The reason why MCU succeeded was that everyone was given their chance to flesh out before stuff like the Superhero Registration Act and the Avengers came along which thus made their characters relatable and likable. DCEU failed to flesh out its characters enough before it shoveled us with the game changers which meant we failed to feel sympathy for the characters.

Also, Marvel events are presented on a much more on-screen matter than DC events (the main villain of Civil War wanted revenge on the events of AoU and the creation of the Avengers spanned multiple films).

>Eh, Drive is mostly as good as it is because of Refn, who is a very visual director.
He also doesn't suck at getting the best out of his actors.

It it really though? It's part of what makes a movie good.

The frontline products for both universes have become kind of bland and overmarketed. The Supes/Batman stuff is dumb. The Avengers/Cap/X-Men are dumb. They might not have started that way but it's now just a bunch of safe bland entertainment paste.

What Marvel has is its secondary films, the Guardians/Ant-Man/Deadpool ones, those are fun as shit and genuinely good. They are offering something for the people kind of sick of the "mainstream" frontrunner flicks, so if you don't like one type of Marvel movie you can probably find something you like. DC offers one sort of dismal alternate universe and it's the exact same in all its movies, you either like it or fuck off.

>Who the fuck looked at that shit and said, "Yeah, it's time for Superman to die NOW, in the second movie of the whole entire franchise?"

Because there are exactly TWO noteworthy Superman stories with both nerd cred and mainstream noteriety.

Birthright was one

Death of Superman was the other.

I imagine the inevitable third Man of Steel movie will try to shoehorn Kingdom Come in there somehow, because there's literally nothing left.

What is with this meme?
Snyder is no Refn, but he gets fine performances out of his actors.
Shannon, Affleck, Crowe, Cavill(not talking about writing, although that's fine too imo).

Zod>any MCU villain.

Exactly this. The DCEU isn't working because they're rushing through shit and not stopping to take the time to develop characters naturally, or the universe for that matter. The setting already kinda feels like a mish-mash of shit just kinda thrown in for the sake of it instead of feeling like natural extensions of the world, if that makes sense.

People bitch and complain about Marvel's structure and post-credits scenes, but that shit goes a long way towards establishing the universe.

The DCEU on the other hand, just feels like chaotic scrambling to get their shit together while at the same time trying their damned hardest to tell some shitty blowhard story that takes itself WAY too seriously for what it is.

That's not even getting into the writing so far, which has been terrible, the fact that Superman and Batman's motivations were both jokes, that the tone of both movies have been shitty, gritty grimdark bullshit...it's just a mess.

>Because there are exactly TWO noteworthy Superman stories with both nerd cred and mainstream noteriety.
That's bullshit. There's plenty of others too, like All Star Superman (which MoS even lifted some lines from), Geoff Johns' Up, Up, and Away, both of Alan Moore's Superman stories.

>grimdark
Ouch. Gotta give this post a big ol' thimbs DOWN.
Better luck next time bud.

>Can we just admit the MCU is better than the DCEU finally?
Yep

>Can us DCfags who were anticipating our own cinematic universe fucking grieve ITT?
Maybe it'll get better. Maybe they'll be a reboot or something.

Zod was painted in the movie as a "Villain" who honestly believes he's doing good. He even says it in the end, his sole purpose is to do what's best for his people. The problem is that he doesn't actually come off that way. He comes off like an idiotic autist. The sheer level of stupid he engages in to try to "save" Krypton is laughable.

>
Nothing in your post refutes my claim that he is better than every MCU villain.

the pretense of good motivation>no good motivation

>MCU
>Draws inspiration from the comics at large, but mostly refrains from drawing from specific iconography or plot points
>The closest thing we get to a direct comic book adaptation in the MCU is Civil War, and in that case, it was an improvement on the source material in every way

>DCU
>First movie was a literal copy/paste of Birthright with lines from All Star Superman thrown in for nerd cred

>Second movie was literally just Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns thrown in a blender
>Iconography and plot points from both stories were mashed in with zero thought to consistency in tone or theme

>Cavill(not talking about writing, although that's fine too imo).
Ha, no. Where's that gif/image/webm of Superman standing emotionally in the burnt-down Congress building? That shit was utterly robotic. Meanwhile in CA: CW, when Scarlet Witch accidentally blew up that building in Lagos, Cap and everyone else had reactions of genuine horror, worry, and concern. Snyder's Superman is fucking awful.

>Zod>any MCU villain.
Maybe better than most but most of his motivations don't make sense when you realize that they could've just terraformed Mars.

They genuinely just should've had him be an honest-to-god piece of genocidal shit instead of trying to make him sympathetic.

I'd rather they take the MCU route. I mean for starters, it means we get more original plots instead of just retreads of various storylines from the comic books.

Second, the MCU has been amazing at capturing the feeling of each individual superhero and the feeling of the universe at large.

Snyder just sort of copies iconography and dialogue from the source material but completely misses the point of the works he's adapting. His works are so empty and there's ultimately no heart there.

Are people REALLY, HONESTLY this stupid?
His acting in the courtroom scene is just a continuation of how he's felt powerless and alienated.
When the bomb goes off he doesn't start crying because that's not what he would do. He just stands there, stone faced, in denial that he just let that happen.

You do realize that I 'get' what they were going for, it's just that they totally failed to make Superman actually seem affected, right?

The beautiful thing about wooden acting is you can read anything you want into it.

Reminds me of the early interview with Snyder and Cavill, when Snyder talked about casting Superman. I don't remember the exact conversation but it was basically

>Snyder: The second Cavill walked in, I knew he was right. He was so stoic and stalwart and he just emanated Truth and Justice!

>Cavill: I walked in and just stood there because I forgot my line

They didn't fail. Watching it in theaters, I felt that that scene was well done.

>whoops lol

It's called casting retard.

Also, Cavill>>>>>>>>>>>>Routh

Are that really this dumb?
Asking for a friend.

>not even a subtle company wars thread

wew

When I watched it, it was just like, "Really?"

The whole scene was like that, honestly.

This is exactly what I fucking mean. Just wooden acting altogether. I don't even blame Cavill for that bullshit, it's fucking Snyder.

There literally hasn't been anything in the MCU remotely as bad as either Snyder abortion.

Just look at this shit.

>Zod was painted in the movie as a "Villain" who honestly believes he's doing good.
That's almost every villain so I don't see why that's supposedly deep or nuanced.

>Did I leave the stove on..?

Fuck, that's an iconic Superman moment right there isn't it?

>not muh
boo hoo

No see, the claim is that he's better than any MCU villain. Not that he's good.

>Fuck this bullshit too. Not muh Wondy.
wut

Wonder Woman has always been old as fuck. Amazons are immortal.

Man of Steel was.....ok, and I had a lot of problems with it. That said, I'll watch Man of Steel a thousand times before I ever watch Thor again.

>27%

Get fucked nigger.

>I don't actually have a proper response.

>Wonder Woman has always been old as fuck.
Uh, no? She was only old in the Lynda Carter show iirc. In all other versions, even though the Amazons are immortal, WW herself is about the same age as Clark and Bruce.

>>Second movie was literally just Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns thrown in a blender

It's nothing like those stories. And MoS was nothing like Birthright either.

Shut up. That's not the narrative.

>your only argument is an RT score

Don't you have a Sup Forums thread to shitpost in about Ghostbusters?

>>First movie was a literal copy/paste of Birthright with lines from All Star Superman thrown in for nerd cred
Claiming that is goddamn insult to Birthright and I wish you kinofags would stop trying to claim it.

And it was badly done too, it actually would have been more interesting if he wan an anti-superman or something.

Like he looked at Earth and decided to subjugate it for it's own good. That would be a "honestly believe he's doing good"

I mean the one we got was just a shitty space criminal who fucks up all his chances and fails as a military commander.

>It's nothing like those stories.
It just used scenes ripped out from those books for no reason.

Just realized that it also took inspiration from Superman: Earth One too.

Literally probably one of the worst Superman stories ever

>His acting in the courtroom scene is just a continuation of how he's felt powerless and alienated.
Which might have some weight except for the fact that he never reaches out to anyone in the first place. His only links to humanity are Lois and his mother. Both of whom came to HIM.

He reaches out to Lois on the balcony. Try again.

Adapting Earth One might've worked if they had done JUST Earth One. But Snyder was a shotgun when he should've been a scalpel. You can't combine All Star, Birthright, and Earth One into one narrative. It doesn't work. Those are three radically different interpretations of the character.

Last time WB tried that kind of mix and match approach we got Green Lantern and it didn't work there either

Which scenes would those be?

She's the one to track him down in MoS. You try again kino.

>most people didn't like MoS

nope
>most people didn't like BvS

nope

>BvS tanked at the box office

retard
>practically no hype for WW

The movie is a year away

>JL looking to be shit

Sure thing, kid.

Also nice job skipping over SS, its nice to know that you Marvel kids are scared of it.

Company Wars make you an intelligent individual kiddo.

>get proven wrong
>move the goalposts
can't explain that

There's no moving the goalposts there.
Lois came to him.

Lois is an entity in BvS specifically because she saught Superman out in MoS.

Zod had presence, though. You can complain about the movie plot all you want. Zod stoodout because of his crazy eyes, his weird outbusts and shit, the dude was scary.

It's the same with Bane. The plot of TDKR was stupid, but man... if Bane wasn't cool as fuck in that movie. So fucking cool.

For example Hammer in Iron Man 2 pretty much steal the show and he doesn't do much, but the character is entertaining as fuck.

I wouldn't bother.
At this point it's almost like arguing with a bot.

For me the MCU is too samey. I haven't bothered to watch CW because I'm burned out by the low quality villains, lack of tension and kid friendly themes.

The universe is something like 10 years old and we are still sitting through origin movies and the world building, GotG aside, has been piss.

This doesn't mean I hate all Disney movies or love all DC, but people seriously overestimate the quality of the Marvel Extended Universe.

Depends on what side you are on. If you are a fan of the MCU, yeah you probably aren't too bright.