/who/ - Doctor Who General

Briggs Finish is objectively better than RTD era edition.

The Parting of the Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aDsmV24-0Zg
youtube.com/watch?v=RKYuSzhKLGY
youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BF has 300 releases
RTD has 52

Presenting the thirteenth doctor

Reminder that Kris Marshall is Doctor number 13.

I know a lot of people hate this posting, and I can see why, but knowing how this kike fuck speaks it always makes me laugh.

No, they want a twink like tom rosenthal so they can win tumblr back

Hewo im va dowctow and basicawy.... wun

7th for Foon

>Rosenthal
>a twink

They want to win the british public back, Kris boosted death in paradise ratings so

I fucking pray he'll stick around for series 11 with Marshall

I've got a feeling he's going to sacrifice himself. :(

All of the previews have said Nardole has a happy ending

Oh, that's good then.

>/who/ likes a comic relief character
huh

He's been pretty based this whole series desu

I can't remember what episode this is

Genesis.
Specifically, the Genesis of the Cybermen.

its from the trailer for the doctor falls

Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who YouTube channel!

At least get the right cadence in there.

>we won't hear this anymore after christmas

It'll just be Rosenthal's voice saying it user.

>hey you wuvley Pweople, don't feget ta wike and swubscwibe for moa' siwwy videos on tha docta' who Youtwoob chanal. hugs and kwisses!!! :)

Fark off Rosenthalfags.

Anyone have links to the google drive used with casualwhostream? I wanna put something on.

casualwhostream is the one used for the new eps, yeah? It's my only chance to catch the finale tomorrow

Just found out about this, this is so fucking cute.

youtu.be/aDsmV24-0Zg

youtube.com/watch?v=RKYuSzhKLGY
peter likes it

One of the ones yeah, there are others.

it is cool, but lego dimensions is so ridiculously overpriced that it isn't worth it

It's very fun, but very pricey for tiny pieces of plastic.

Michelle looks pissed off as fuck.

I mean, even on a 1-to-1 ratio the big finish EDAs(with an earthly child and the 4 doctors special) are a lot better than Tennant 2-EoT.

Night and day really.

She looks wildly hot with her hair down like that

Hair up always looks ugly as fuck, literally never attractive.

can someone educate the bbc special effects team on the concept of "scale"

You'd think these threads would be more active considering there is only about 11 hours left until The Doctor Falls.

youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0

>bigger on the outside
jej

Doctor Who is fucking garbage. Why the fuck do you like this low budget BBC wankfest?

We just come here to laugh at the state of Doctor Who. No one here actually cares about the show

The underlying concept is intriguing.

It's comfy.

it's unique, sometimes the actors are worth watching through the garbage, sometimes the special effects and sets are really nifty. Great music. Occasionally, there's a really good story and it's worth the wait. It's just a bit of fun. And when it's stupid, it's stupid in ways most shows can't even hope to achieve. So there's more fun in bitching about that.

nardole is the 13th doctor and the valeyard

Find me a better Cyberman design, I'll wait.

Remnants of the face still visible, mutilated body shown, many reminders that this was once a human, doesn't have a shitty logo or AC unit on the chest, the only real downside is the color.

>only real downside is the color.
kek

should be the new companion

>this is what RTD fags really think

>Cyber men remove fear, COLOUR, sex and class
what did they mean by this?

The Mondasian design is frightening not because it looks less robotic than the others, but because while looking less robotic, the human beneath isn't shown. Coupled with the graphic descriptions of what happened in the conversion process, your mind begins to imagine a horrific looking body remaining beneath the suit.

With the Cyberwoman design from Torchwood, you get a girl in a robot bikini. Nothing about the exposed parts of her looks any different from when she was a human. There's no sign of any conversion or "mutilation," and if anything it only takes away from the illusion that underneath the suit is a potentially mangled person, because you have constant visible proof that there is in fact not one.

*Chibnall fags
Get used to that design; it's the one you'll be seeing next season.

It's even more disappointing that Torchwood would have been the chance to actually show the disturbing human remains inside the Cyber suit, because of the higher rating. But instead they went for whatever the fuck this shit was.

>bill will be next season's companion, looking like this

I gotta rewatch Torchwood.

That is Bill, isn't it?

They used the higher rating to show Gwen being masturbated by a Cyber dildo, not even meming. The in show explanation was it "releaxed the muscles so the conversion process could begin". Scene went on for four and a half minutes.

i wish I posted this kek

nothing wrong with that

i mean because its a funny ,, not because sex. so we are clea r

Let's list episodes that would be better if done as classic who stories.

>Kill The Moon

can we just accept that kill the moon was a mistake that never should have happened, stop trying to "fix" it
ironically, it should have been aborted

I forget, what was the message they were shilling in the end? Anti or pro abortion?

Are they announcing the new Doctor today?

Actually, out of all Harness's episodes I probably like it the best

it was incredibly anti-abortion.

I can't even tell. It's entirely in character for the doctor to be pro life but they pussy out and deliver a muddled message at the end to not offend anyone

When the fuck is the Season 9 soundtrack coming out? I need my Breaking the Wall.

He tells Clara it's "womankind's" choice to make, but then she insists on keeping the moondragon alive, so... maybe pro-choice, but leaning toward non-abortion as a more humane choice?

Seriously, what was this scene about? She just lays there moaning whilst the "endorphin pacifier" goes to town on her, the show implied it would have gone on for hours had she not been saved by Ianto.
Is this how conversion works in the real show?

>It's entirely in character for the doctor to be pro life

yes cletus, the doctor loves it when women have to carry the burden of a rape baby because muh jesus.

KtM is one of the most retarded episodes in Who history.

The episode literally ends with the Doctor telling Clara she made "the right choice," and the story presents the decision to "abort" as the objective wrong thing to do the whole way through. If it wasn't obvious Peter Harness can't hide his bias, go watch his next episodes.

would the episode have been more excusable if they did kill the moon?

>hyperbole
The vast majoroty of abortions are from women in their 20s who "aren't ready to settle down" when they forgot to use birth control. Then they get to their 40s and pay thousands to have IVF and wish they'd have had kids earlier.

Sometimes you just have to realise Humanity as a species functioned better before the advent of 21st century societal values of consumerism, nihilism, and cosmopolitanism were enforced upon us by mass media.

I don't consider Kill the Moon or the Racnoss creating Earth with their Spaceship to have happened.

Haha I remember /who/ Hyping up kill the moon thinking it was going to be GOAT and the orange spacesuits were returning.

Kill the Moon would have been better if they revealed that there were millions of Alien civilians living in cities on the moon. Making it a bigger moral Dilemma than lulz muh egg moth.

No, because the it would be wildly out of tone (and character). Doctor Who just isn't the place for an abortion story. It's a show about the wonders of life and cherishing it, so in such a story, the answer would always be not to kill it. But because of that, it's not really the place to have an episode about the issue.

Yea but have the doctor pissed about it or something, idk

I see what you did there.

>moffat let the episode about abortion get written, directed, and produced by men
>it was anti-choice
kek

Cosmopolitanism is fine for most people; nihilism is just a response to a chaotic and uncaring world (largely brought about by consumerism, or to remove the euphemism, capitalism).

BBC thought they could bring in that little black girl student as a secondary companion delusional in their thinking they swiftly pretended she didn't exist after that episode after most of the audience couldn't stand the little annoying ghetto bitch.

>The vast majoroty of abortions are from women in their 20s who "aren't ready to settle down" when they forgot to use birth control. Then they get to their 40s and pay thousands to have IVF and wish they'd have had kids earlier.

and? let them get rid of the little clumps of cells in their womb if they want. i trust doctors to set an acceptable time limit for abortions because they know how a foetus develops better than you or i do. unless you're a obstetrician (is that the word?)

yes reddit, the doctor loves it when babies have to die because their mother is an irresponsible whore

>those same fucking spacesuits

I swear, if chibbs uses those I am going to be pissed. It's like shoving the Judoon into an alien background scene because the props department won't make anything new. Fucking SB6 spacesuits.

She's called the Nightmare Child for a reason

They got new silver ones for Empress of Mars didn't they?

Kill the Moon actually did a decent job on that front. Only the Doctor, Clara, and the black chick I've scrubbed out of my memory wore the orange suits, everyone else wore new spacesuits. They're wearing the suits as soon as they get out of the Tardis, because those are the suits the Doctor has in the Tardis. It actually makes sense.
This season, there were totally new Spacesuits in Oxygen, and again in Empress of Mars. Different ones in both episodes.

There's nothing inherently wrong with capitalism, provided suitable restrictions are put upon it by the government. The problem is the power of money orchestrates government policy, and as such can make it's own laws.
You don't need to climb the himalayas to know how tall they are, user. Of course, I'm not saying abortion shouldn't be provided in case of rape, incest, and disability, but to put a healthy fetus down sired by a man and his girlfriend because "they're not ready" is bullshit. If everyone followed this proviso the birth rate of the world would fall to unsustainable levels. The fact is most children are unplanned, yet most parents are still good parents. There's no need to interfere with nature unless there is good reason to do so.

I didn't expect honest reasonable replies...
Now I kinda wish I didn't hate it so much.

>There's nothing inherently wrong with capitalism, provided suitable restrictions are put upon it by the government.
A non-radical opinion on Sup Forums? Is this allowed?

I watch it for the monsters honestly

Besides Kill the Moon, Sherwood and In the Forest of the Night Series 8 was utter Kino. And within those three bad episodes there were some great moments apart from the shite main story.

Only episodes I don't like in series 9 are the Girl Who Died/Lived and I thought Face the Raven was boring but I enjoyed the talks of immorality in the woman who lived and the goodbye to clara in face the raven.

Series 10, I only like the Pilot, first half of Smile and Empress of Mars and WEAT. Found all the others to be forgettable.

Heh, that's what you think, kiddo. I'm a Nationalist Corporativist Syndicalist.
i really w0ish i was joking

the good thing about kill the moon is that it lowered everyone's expectations so much that mummy on the orient express blew them away