There’s a new DC Animated Series on the way… and this one’s all about the action...

>There’s a new DC Animated Series on the way… and this one’s all about the action. Justice League Action is a brand new, quarter-hour series from Warner Bros. Animation that will be coming soon to Cartoon Network.

>Featuring the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman, the Dark Knight will join with Superman and Wonder Woman and the rest of DC’s iconic team of heroes in a series that promises to put the action back in heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge. Episodes will be eleven minutes in length, meaning that the action will be tightly-paced and exciting. And awesome!

>Along with Conroy, Cartoon Network have announced that several other beloved DC Animated voice actors will be contributing to the series, including Mark Hamill as the Joker (!!!), James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and much more. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) will serve as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

>Justice League Action will join the popular Teen Titans Go! as the second ongoing DC Animated Series on Cartoon Network. No word yet on when it will be debuting, so be sure to follow DC Comics on Twitter for the premiere date as well as further news on Justice League Action as soon as its announced.

Is this the closest thing to the DCAU we're gonna get? I hope it doesn't end up the same way Young Justice did.

So shitty kids "action" show.
With no characterisation, and no attempt at real writing.

Capeshit animation died when everything got cancelled its done. You're not going to get a good show until at least 2020.

Yeah, just like Brave and the Bold.

Shut up you fucking awful faggot

I'm not sure why you'd think this has anything to do with the DCAU besides being a DC cartoon. The business model that allowed for that simply does not exist anymore. It's not possible to make money with a chain of series like that. Even Batman cartoons don't make money these days.

>Episodes will be eleven minutes in length

into the trash it goes

>2020
That really isn't that far away. Also, we have no idea yet how the writing for this show will be.
This

Well WW looks alright at least....

>Brave and the Bold
Was good though

>I'm not sure why you'd think this has anything to do with the DCAU
>with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond)
>lan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series)
>Mark Hamill as the Joker
>Kevin Conroy
>nothing to do with the dcau

>The Joke
>Your head

I'm just a bitter asshole, I'm sick of garbage being pushed in my face after the row of good shows that all died.

I do hope it's good but it's easier to preemptively hate it and be surprised.

That's my point.

The same people who worked on DCAU projects continued to work on non-DCAU projects for years after and still are.

Those two have played the same parts in tons of non-DCAU works as well.

But aren't we your NEW favorite show user?

Animators work on all kinds of projects, DC in particular is pretty incestuous. VAs especially don't mean shit, they do video games and shit too. There's still nothing in this that should make you think it's anything like the DCAU.

>Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!)
>Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series)
>James Woods as Lex Luthor
>Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold

What's your point?

S-shut up w-we'll get another DCAU, you w-watch.

We will again, someday. DC sees the success of the CWverse with teens and adults, and the same with Young Justice on Netflix. I think we'll be seeing a renaissance of serialized action shows on Netflix in the next few years.

>I hope it doesn't end up the same way Young Justice did.
looks to me more like the twisted lovechild of the batman and brave and the bold. all the mindless nonsensical bullshit of the silver age with all the attention and care of 00s saturday morning cartoon toy commercials.

I'm calling it right now it's gonna have three episodes shown then get put in the Saturday morning death slot and disappear without majority caring except some few who will remember it being not that bad

I meant getting cancelled.

Any idea who the villains will be?

>Batman Arkham Knight will be my last project as The Joker
>The Killing Joke will be my last project as The Joker
> other beloved DC Animated voice actors will be contributing to the series, including Mark Hamill as the Joker

??????

>Less than 15-minute long episodes.

Even if it somehow some way ends up being it it's being canned in less than two season.

>15-minute long episodes
Has that ever been a thing?

It's like BatB. Characters from all over the DCU, some recurring and some one-offs.

>Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!)
well, guess it won't be good.

He said he would come out of retirement for Killing Joke.

He didn't say he would go back :^)

He's retired like ten times now. It's like an addiction. He keeps coming back.

So far, Darkseid and his Apokolips ilk, Red Lanterns, and some individual villains like Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley, and Riddler.

He's the president of Warner Bros. Animation. His name is literally in every production they make.

I'd like to see some castling going on. Batman taking on Luthor, Superman taking on Riddler. Maybe Flash taking on Sinestro. Stuff like that.

> superman taking on Riddler

RIP Riddler.

post the updated version

Jackpot!

>Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold

trash

Was it ever confirmed what pic related was? As in, just fanart or the actual art direction of the show?

Fan art by one of the show's storyboarders.

>11 minutes of action
>no addition 11 minutes of story so you aren't spending as much money on animation and thus can stretch out the episode and pay less for a 22 minute episode than two 11 minute episodes

He also played a Green Lantern once.

>Kevin Conroy
>Mark Hamill
Enough is enough. They're phoning it in and have been for years.

He also said Arkham City would be his last.

>It's not possible to make money with a chain of series like that.
If it was possible in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, then it's possible today, you reddit apologist.

Mark Hamill is the Terry Funk of Voice Acting

FOREVER!
FOREVER!
FOREVER!
AND EVER!

I am not an hipster so unless the Trinity is always present + rotating guest I don't care.

The market has changed drastically. Merchandise sales are no longer high enough to support the production of these series. I don't know why you're denying this when they cite the same problem every time a show ends early.

They're also playing other roles besides those two, so that keeps me a bit interested.

I prefer the DCSHG design for her better.