Has there ever been a cartoon with a bigger nose dive in quality in than post movie spongebob?

Has there ever been a cartoon with a bigger nose dive in quality in than post movie spongebob?

hillenburg actually came back for the second half of season 10 and i'm enjoying it so far

Aside from maybe oddparents, none that I can think of.

The Simpsons

Even at its worst I'd argue that the simpsons is still watchable.

boondocks season 4

holy shit this. McGruder leaving destroyed that show.

Completely forgot there was an odd parents movie

The art style change really didn't help either.

>
>Completely forgot there was an odd parents movie
There's been about 4 Tv movies

Not that I'm aware of.

I liked the episode were a granny tries to eat gary and that was after the movie. you all are just overreacting. From season 7 or 6 it started to become bad

>boondocks season 4
No such thing ever existed

yeah as long as its not a lisa episode

4th isn't that bad. It still feels like Spongebob.
The artstyle was fine, MIR did a good job. But season 3 definitely looked the best. Shame for everything else about the season.

Spongebob's quality never decreased as dramatically as you claim. There were a few episodes that weren't that good, but the majority were. Do you
Have any specific episodes in mind that were bad? Or did you not see any of them at all?

Why must you remind me

As shit as the humor and commentary was, I think the animation was at its best in S4.

The Simpsons was much more gradual, to the point where there's been arguments which season it became a zombie.

Rugrats was getting less surreal before the movie but it was still fine, as well as the first two movies.
But as a tv series, the season Dil became a cast member was abysmal.

A lot of people who say this don't even know what the fuck falls under "post-movie spongebob". A lot of circulated quotes and memes belong to season 4 onwards. The handsome Squidward ep is season 5. It became 2edgy4me to say that "modern Spongebob" was shit when people didn't even know what constituted as modern Spongebob.

Now, did Spongebob change? Yes, it did. But so did every other cartoon that has lasted for as long as it has. No one can say that South Park is the same show as it once was, or the Simpsons. Spongebob is no exception.

Was it dumbed down post-movie? That, I agree with. You can tell because of the amount of "specials" that bigwigs at Nickelodeon demanded from the writers. It became harder and harder to get past censors because Nickelodeon wanted to target Spongebob to kids, who buy more merchandise.

Case in point: "Best Day Ever", an episode that received a shit ton of promotion because it included a song (and thus, a soundtrack). Watch it and you will notice how apparent Nickelodeon's executive meddling is. The characters are reduced to their base traits without nuance. Patrick jellyfishes. Sandy does Karate. Mr. Krabs likes money. Squidward likes music. These are the only things that Nickelodeon understands about the characters, so they demanded a very special episode wherein Spongebob gets to save the day and sing a song at the end. What makes this extremely apparent is the fact that Squidward has a concert in the end that is apparently well-received. Anyone who has actually watched the show would know that Squidward's clarinet playing is utter shit. So why the fuck would he have a successful concert? But nope, Nickelodeon.

Anyway, season 9 has shown a lot of improvement and it's actually closest to seasons 1 to 3 as Spongebob will ever get. But the problem is people will never see it that way, because it's a different era, and Nickelodeon continues to rule with an iron fist. Lately, there was a funny joke cut from an episode about Larry making a customer eat broken glass. It never made it past the storyboards, because Nickelodeon deemed it to inappropriate.

But censorship aside, season 9 has been pretty good, and people should stop talking out their asses already and either watch Spongebob or stop pretending they know shit about it.

The dated pop culture references were really cringe worthy but at least S4 Boondocks had a couple of good episodes, pick related. S4 spongebob wasn't funny for a moment.

Handsome Squidward is meme worthy because of how ridiculous that nigga's face was but the actual episode wasn't very funny.

>Handsome Squidward is meme worthy because of how ridiculous that nigga's face was but the actual episode wasn't very funny.
Pretty much this
Also season 5? What? I thought it was at least a season later. It really fell hard.

>S4 spongebob wasn't funny for a moment.

Krusty Towers was fucking hilarious, though. Season 4 has its gems.

Krusty Towers was a great episode.

Here's some more that I loved:

>Skill Crane
Squidward trying to pick up objects was awesome
>Selling Out
Dat TGIF parody
>Krusty Towers
Like I said
>Wishing You Well
Has the "claustrophobic" exchange which is one of the top funniest lines
>Squidtastic Voyage
Okay maybe only I liked this one but apart from the dancing part I found it really enjoyable

Sealab 2021 after Harry Goz died. After that the whole show descended into complete nonsense.

Don't you mean it ascended up from whatever pure nonsense made it so good in the first place?

In a way, yes. The episodes with hank were crazy in a good way. Post-harry episodes are crazy in a stupid way.

Damn, every time the word 'Clautrophobic' is brought up, I always remember the exchange from this episode.

Squidbob TentaclePants is the absolute point of no return. Everything before that episode was acceptable

that was extremely early post movie, but yeah, seasons 4 and 5 aren't as bad as the rest of post movie