So lets get this right - Marvel has:

>Killed The Hulk
>Given the Hammer to Jane Foster
>Made Captain America a member of Hydra
>Turned Iron Man into a fifteen year old black girl
>Are planning on killing the X-Men

All at the same time. Does Marvel just not like their silver-age characters or something? Like any one of those things could be totally fine, but all the same fucking time?

You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

>RIP in peace my second favorite Bruce in comics
>I'm sure you'll be back before the next MCU film with you in it though

>Killed The Hulk

>tfw just got into comics

Oh boy what a time to want to die

I find it hard to believe you don't actually know, because this gets posted all the time

Take it down.
Posting spoilers without boxes deliberately is a rule violation on this board.

the only character Marvel actually turned black was Fixer

With this argument, there is a problem. That problem is that everyone just gets tired of this shit. If they know that they are getting shit then they know not to buy it. I mean, as much as we hate Bendis and Aaron, I honestly think that in less than a decade they are going to be considered similar to Todd Mcfarlane, Rob Liefield and Mark Millar. Guys who made a few decent stories but lost their steam, resulting in them crashing and burning.

I'm not saying Tony was literally turned into a fifteen year old black girl.

But a fifteen year old black girl is now taking up the mantle and becomming Iron Man.

Also, should she be Iron Girl, or Iron Woman or something?

I actually don't mind Aaron's run on Thor is one of the few Marvel books I'm still reading because it feels like it's actually going somewhere.

Bendis lost me... A LONG fucking time ago.

No because she must identify as a man to make a Transgender representation.

Thor is getting his own hammer and we have had comics set in the future with Thor having the hammer after Jane dies.

Considering Cap's hydra status depends on Kobik thing Hydra are the good guys, it probably won't last long. Or She will make Hydra into actual good guys/

We also got Iron Doom, and until we get the circumstances of Tony's death shown it wont be clear how long it will last.

Says who? Scott is the only X-man to die so far. Plus I'm pretty sure the X-men hold the record for coming back to life. Death is basically a time out for them.

Aaron... To be quite frank, the biggest problem that I have with his books is that they have three things, which unless done well, I am not a big fan of.

The first thing is of course, pets. Characters who he makes a 'big deal' despite the fact that a lot of them time, they are neither likable or 'powerful' enough to be considered anything above average.

The second thing is shilling. If you read his books, all of his protagonists are complimented as being 'good people', even if they aren't or the compliments are idiotic.

The third and final, is a lack of understanding pf who he is writing. Although, it's not as bad as someone like Bendis, Aaron ultimately misses the point of people like the magical community, X-Men and the Asgardians. Instead, he pushes a version of them that ultimately contradictory to most of the things that were written before him.

And Punisher but it didn't last.

Fixer wasn't even the first person on that team that was turned black.

Daily reminder

If she has a secret identity, then Iron Man still works.

>Scott is the only X-man to die so far
Wait what? I stopped reading x-men way before AvX, how the fuck did Scott die?

We only know that he died in a fight with the Inhumans. There is a mini series called death of X that will explain the entire thing.

Let me guess, just started reading comics?

Namor's dead too...

Its all going to be retconned to the status quo anyways. Just roll with it

They want to be so progressive and appeal to modern day audiences that

>They want to murder a person with a mental disorder
>Rewards people just for the sake of being terminally ill
>Endorse the prospect liberty is a myth
>Treat minorities like upmost tokens
>Mass genocide a marginalized, oppressed group

Let that all sink in; To appeal to the masses who fight for social justice and civil rights, they pull a full Hitler.

>That problem is that everyone just gets tired of this shit.

That's why they keep relaunching. And honestly, there was a very huge warning sign last year around when they did All-New All-Different Marvel, where many of the second issue dropoffs dipped below the pre-relaunch levels.

Amen to this. The big appeal with Marvel when I started reading round about 2008, buying the essential editions was that ultimately, they didn't need to or had to relaunch like DC. They for the most part had a solid world with rules and a continuous story, where errors were addressed.

The use of continuity and serious stories (For the most part) is what I think attracted most of the real fans to Marvel.

I honestly think that after this decade, Marvel will return to it's routes as darker universe for a consistent law and this overt Political Correctness culture shit will slowly die and be viewed as an embarrassing period in Marvel's history.

I don't know, I seem to be firmly in the apathy camp now. I'll look at spoilers on Sup Forums but I can't even be bothered to pirate the books, never mind spend money on them.

>Killed The Hulk
That was stupid, yes. I'd be willing to bet that's all on Bendis, though.
This isn't conceptually a bad thing, just in implementation. If they're giving the Thor hammer and name to someone else, I'm glad it's a character with a connection to him.
Just like when they made Spider-Man into Doctor Octopus? It's a temporary hook. He'll be back to normal pretty soon.
Wouldn't necessarily be bad if it wasn't being written by Bendis. Isn't she going to be in Champions?
This is also dumb.
tl;dr most of these things are fine and crippled by bad writing more than anything else. The status quo shouldn't stay static at all times.

>Isn't she going to be in Champions?
I thought Champions was cancelled

This is the OP posting again.

Something I will say for Marvel's benefit is that they used to do "down to earth" stories much better than DC did. I don't mean realistic, I mean in the sense that a lot of peoples' favorite Marvel characters aren't on the Avengers; they're people like:

>Spider-Man
>Daredevil
>X-Men (remember that the X-Men were made to answer the Teen Titans, not the Justice League)
>Punisher
>Power Man and Iron Fist
>etc

And DC did the big hitters and these grand sweeping stories a lot better (minus early Galactus stuff). But nowadays Marvel's trying to do these massive bullshit events which have sucked ever since (and including) Civil War.

I hope you're right. I hope we can see Spider-Man comics (Peter or Miles) where he has to worry about fighting Doc Oc and whether he's going to make it too his date on time. Or Daredevil stories where he's working hard on a case but also has to fight crime and hasn't slept in days. That's what's GOOD about Marvel. Embrace that shit again!

It's not even out yet.

You're thinking of Contest of Champions with the Battleword stuff. That book got cancelled. Champions is the new Marvel NOW 2.0 book with Tyke, the Avengers kid trio, Chulk, and Viv from Vision. No Riri in that group, but I guess she can always make an appearance down the line as she's of a similar age to all of them.

Is Champions not Contest of Champions?

>Killed Hank Pym and replaced him with a gay Pakistani-American
>Introduced a new, Slav Wasp

But in their defense.

Why can't this happen?

In real life, people don't keep doing the same job for 50+ years. And they certainly don't DIE, only to come back a few months to a few years later to the exact same job.

They already have disgraced and killed Cyplops.
And they are in the process of mutant genocide.

Which, given what the X-men were supposed to represent, is extra-icky.

We get it. Inhumans are superior plus we have the movie rights to them (which I STILL don't get because the Inhumans were introduced in the Fantastic Four, just like Ronan the Accuser), so the mutants have to die.

It's sick.

They also did it to the Punisher... for about five minutes.
Oh and the Beetle, as Mach-5, I think.

>Also, should she be Iron Girl, or Iron Woman or something?

I actually saw "I.M. Woman".

Yeah. Champions is book with superteens, Contest of Champions is vidya tie-in.

>They also did it to the Punisher... for about five minutes.
>Oh and the Beetle, as Mach-5, I think.

Hulk donned some black face that 1 time in the 90s. I wonder if the NAACP ever called him out like he was afraid of.

>Which, given what the X-men were supposed to represent, is extra-icky.
It's hilarious that they're pushing a group that's the result of eugenics as their new "oppressed gay and black metaphor" group.
Just hold onto the fact that we'll inevitably get a "Rise of X" event when they finally decide that it's not worth shitting on the X-Men so much and bring them back.

It would be interesting. Imagine if there wasn't a single male white hero in the Marvel universe. You could make it an event!

"Where will you be... when the White Plague strikes?"
(Poster of black heroes and heroines of all colors looking down with horror and grief at all the while heroes dying at their feet)
"WHITE"
"LIVES"
"MATTER"
Those words, pasted across a splash of an iconic white hero, PiƩta-style in the arms of a colored hero or a heroine.
There is only one mysterious survivor (probably Captain America) setting it up for the counter-event, eighteen months later: "WHITE LIGHT". Turns out it's all the plan of the Red Skull, the Red Skull's black supremacist counterpart of a race-swapped universe. Cap - 616 Cap - sacrifices himself to bring everybody back, and is succeeded by his counterpart from the race-swapped universe (T'Charra, aka Chieftain Africa).

thank god, I hope they make New Mutatns the leading group.

As long as they keep the Illyana bullshit down, They are one of the best groups, and THE best mutant group.

>Hulk donned some black face that 1 time in the 90s.

Wat.

Black Bolt will never be brought to justice for what he did.

>their new "oppressed gay and black metaphor" group
But that isn't happening at all in the Inhuman books. Not even once to do they play the oppressed card, are X-fags even checking the shit they bitch about?

>In real life, people don't keep doing the same job for 50+ years. And they certainly don't DIE, only to come back a few months to a few years later to the exact same job.

I love the idea of legacy characters and mantles being passed down but randomly introducing a brand new diverse character and handing off the mantle instantly to them is dumb.

If Dick Grayson was introduced then 2 issues later he was Batman people probably wouldn't like Dick. But years of him as Robin and Nightwing then eventually becoming Batman felt great to read you saw the character grow into the roll. You grow to like them so when the time comes for them to take over your happy you don't wake up one morning see news saying LOOK THE NEW IRON MAN IS A BLACK TEENAGE GIRL WHOS SMARTER THAN TONY SHES JUST HE BEST.

Cho, Jane, and falcon were around for years before they took over.

I'm sure we can fit an MCU conspiracy theory here.

there's are more than their silver age characters user
its their breed and butter

stop reading Marvel there

>I love the idea of legacy characters and mantles being passed down but randomly introducing a brand new diverse character and handing off the mantle instantly to them is dumb.

Yes! It should be done BETTER!

HAVE Robin grow up and eventually become Batman, or maybe Owlman, or Nighthawk! Or maybe do things completely differently!

Yes, but they weren't groomed for their roles. Cho was the brainy side-kick without obvious anger issues. Jane was never a warrior. And the Falcon was his own man. As if Captain America was an honor, a promotion. He was really demoted to a kid sidekick, retroactively, which was a huge step back.

>Yes, but they weren't groomed for their roles.
Does that matter?
Cho's always idolized the Hulk, and he's got a very different attitude to being the Hulk. It felt like an organic transition to me.
Jane's acting as Thor more out of a sense of duty and not letting Earth want to go without Thor than anything. I'm not going to defend the writing though
Cap's always been one of the most prominent and inspirational roles in the MU. I'm calling bullshit on it not being an honor or promotion; it'd be that for ANYONE. Falcon's as fitting a character as any to take up the shield.
A character doesn't have to be a kid sidekick for them to feel natural as a successor.

>You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

No, this made them a good company. That stuff is fun, but it's not great. Byrne, Claremont, Buscema, Defalco, Silverstri, Stern and so on, they made Marvel great and lifted it from cartoon tier to at least novella tier.

Marvel thinks they're too big to fail and can experiment and get even more people buying. Prove them wrong by not buying.

Jane should act like mother first and foremost.

I can just point the current Marvel runs as proof of Marvel losing sales to Manga like One Piece.

Honestly, why can't Marvel just rip-off manga entirely instead of these shitty gimmicks?

The fact Marvel has next to know comics numbered past 20 should tell you their current business model. They don't want to do what manga is doing with any of their titles, it's so stupid.

Honestly, if Marvel actually stopped to look at what comics have been received the best in the last few years, like Hawkeye, Superior Foes and Vision, they'd realize all of them are CHARACTER STORIES, with small, personal stakes and focused on a small, core cast (with a lot of cameos in Superior Foes, to be fair).

Nobody who's been reading comics for a while goes "man, Infinity is the best comic ever! I really loved when the interchangeable cosmic character solved the alien invasion in one page!"

The second problem is what OP originally pointed out: The reason people loved Marvel is for its characters. The reason Marvel isn't selling as well anymore is because they've forgotten that, and keep trying to reinvent the wheel, instead of finding good creative teams and giving them fan-favorites. This is the only thing that works in the long-run: the X-Men were and are popular not because of renumberings and making fans angry, but because Claremont spent nearly two decades telling engaging stories.

Are any of these new diverse spins any good aside from Miles and Kamala?

Everything else seems like complete shit

>Killed The Hulk
No they killed Bruce who hasn't been able to become the Hulk since Amadeus Cho's Hulk run began since he's been cured for quite some time.

All that is dead will some day live.
All that has changed will some day revert.

Which just makes it more retarded

You're taking to someone that doesn't actually read comics

>Wat

Hulk is down with the struggle

In my oppinion, Marvel should stop the universal mega-important events shit where every comic has to surpass the previous one in terms of shock.

They should focus on more mature, human stories that are small in scale, and instead of cramming all characters into 25 pages they should just have occasional cameos by other characters like they did in times of old.

It adds richness to the universe and characters, that's why X-men, Hulk, Spiderman, Daredevil, Avengers, Fantastic Four etc.... all have universes of their own, with their own characteristic places and secondary characters and enemies.

Now it's all a shitfest

...Even though Civil War II is COMPLETELY ignoring that.

I had never seen that.

Any particular reason they're not using white skintone?

Cho-Hulk is a lot of fun, X23 Wolverine is pretty decent, Captain Marvel: Agent of Alpha Flight is good, Sam-Nova's a lot better than butthurt Richfags would have you believe, Silk (not a legacy but a newish diverse character) is good.
The only bad "Diverse Legacy" character/book is Miles, as long as we're not counting shit like Angela or Hellcat or Mockingbird, which aren't legacies.

>Tony was literally turned into a fifteen year old black girl
Now thats something Id read

The bottom line is that controversy and gimmicks make more headlines and seem to sell more comic books than... y'know... good comic books.

At least, that's the case with the industry in the current state that it's in. Maybe if things were healthier all around, people would care more about the actual content of what they're looking at than whether or not it got talked about on The View or got a blurb in USA Today or some shit.

But it's a lot easier to do something flashy like kill to the Hulk or have Tony Stark recruit a teen girl to replace himself than rehabilitate an industry that has been a stanky shadow of it's former glory for approaching 30 years.

Also, it leads to supervillains being underutilized. In Fraction's Hawkeye you have a cabal of all the major mob bosses show up and it's basically a nuisance. 20 years ago, a story where the Kingpin, Viper, Madame Masque, and the Owl all teamed-up would be a major event, not a wacky side-adventure.

When's the last time Iron Man fought the Titanium Man, Cap went against the Serpent Society, stuff like that? Everything is MAJOR EARTHSHATTERING STUFF nowadays.

He's kinda stupid.

The shock factor only works the first two or three times.

Then fans will stop buying because they're tired,

If they tell you X character dies you buy, but if 50 other characters die too you just dont care anymore,

Compare for example the massive success of the death of Captain Marvel to the shitty sales of Marvel now killing off everyone like nothing.

Most of the new mutants are included in the killing you dipshit.

It's a mix of breevorts little controversy outlook that keeps getting reposted and them not being cognizant of their "successes".

The well received books don't do well, according to him, so they want little controversies. The problem is the biggest controversy in the country right now is race and gender (and a general disdain for one particular gender in one particular race).

So they create the controversy by doing the obvious. Problem is "new readers" don't exist and the only readers they have are the ones represented by the characters they've gotten rid of.

>Cap went against the Serpent Society
like four issues ago

Game of Thrones sickness killed entertainment.

Everybody hailed them when Ned lost his head in season one. Like killing Drew Barrymore in Scream. Now everyone wants the big death ratings bump. Comics, tv, movies... fucking ruined.

>The well received books don't do well, according to him
He doesn't appear to be wrong.
>vision and ultimates selling bad especially Vision
>extraodinary X-men selling high even better than the X-books of better quality like Uncanny

As long as that shit doesn't cross over to the movies I don't give a fuck.

Nah m8 in the end this will all help our cause.

People will become numb to violence and shock and ratings and scores will go down because the media will not be able to rely on those anymore.

We're witnessing the end of a cycle.

In the future media will have to be well written and interesting on its own for it to sell

"Lost" tried to do the very same thing with killing Jack in episode 1 or 2 of the series. The writers of the show loved Psycho and Misery which have shocking misdirection and try to copy this. Its why so many movies are boring is because the writers lack the sense of what really is misdirection, what is frustrating and just straight up telling the story, no misleads. It's being copied a lot these days. Trying for depth, or twists or more, when really less would do it.

As the OP of this thread I'm need to point out that you're literally cancer and need to go the fuck back to Sup Forums

On the other hand I'm amazed at the reaction this thread has gotten. I just wanted to RIP Bruce and rant a little about how Marvel is screwing the pouch at the moment, which makes me sad because I probably love more Marvel characters than DC characters even though my fave character is a DC one.

But my favorite Marvel character has been not so great ever since Hell's Kitchen got filled with yuppies IRL.

>As the OP of this thread I'm need to point out that you're literally cancer and need to go the fuck back to Sup Forums
But why? Marvel Comics have been a damn dumpster fire for years at this point. Might as well care for the only thing that actually makes them good again.

Get fucking real, the 'people' are slack jawed idiots, you can't even begin accept actual quality, they so much as nibble on something that isn't braindead retarded they vomit like its doused in ebola, the masses,are simply put, total retards and are happy being retards.
You know how people refer to the men who came of age during WW1 as the 'lost generation'? If a similiar WW1 style event occured, no one would mourn the passing of the countless millions died, because they are all nothing but chaff, nothing but simpering retards without a single worthwhile thought bouncing in that ornament of a head. of anything, the world would be BETTER at such loss of life, because it would severely cut the population levels down.

Don't forget, Captain America's black and can fly now because he's the Falcon.

Ms Marvel's a muslim, because we're sensitive.

Squirrel Girl is a reincarnation of Archie's Moose posing as a trangender pig.

Spider-Man's mexican (or whatever, I don't know, I can't keep up)

The Fantastic Four are missing in action, except for the Thing who hangs out with Kitty Pryde in space and married Star Lord, and the Human Torch who cucked Black Bolt.

Wolverine's dead longer than usual, although his son came back, and Sabretooth is still around even though he's been killed off lots.

The X-Kids are here, although they haven't fucked up the timeline yet, somehow.

Loki was a chick at some stage.

She-Hulk has a sword for some reason.

The Hulk is now Amadeus Cho, because Bruce thought it would be a good idea to give him Hulk powers.

No story lasts past 6 issues before the universe needs rebooting.

Gwen Stacy is alive and somehow has super powers.

I think Uncle Ben is a maniac depressive omnisexual with a penchant for obese multi-penised gay bears, but I could be wrong about that.

We still don't know why Thor isn't worthy to lift Mjolnir because nobody at Marvel has enough talent to think of an original story.

Everyone there lifts Greg Land's porn tracings.

Scott Summers is a terrorist, worse than Magneto.

Namor had his head ripped off, so he was dead for a few minutes. It really choked me up for a second.

Everything's all new and all different yet still the same old crap but with a different color for the Greg Land tracings.

There are new adjectives in front of the titles of a lot of books. Because that's exciting, apparently.

If you want a job as an artist at Marvel, make sure you can hold at least three pencils in your anus, because you'll probably be given multiple books to draw. If you're a writer, make sure you can jam a lot of feces in your urethra before ejaculating on the page and scrawling the letters 'SJW' with your dick. Even if you're a womyn.

Because I started reading comics in the early 90s. My three favorite superheroes are Batman, Daredevil, and Wolverine.

I got given my father's and uncles' old Marvel comics by actual Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and I ate that shit up! Reading the first appearance of Galactus and the Silver Surfer was fucking amazing! Plus, I don't know if that was the first time the Watcher actually appeared, but it was the first time I saw him and I was like "this is great!".

Marvel lost a lot of respect from me when Quesada said Nick Fury and Logan can't smoke. Because while I understand that you don't want kids looking up to characters that smoke you don't want kids looking up to Nick Fury and Wolverine in any case, plus they're both literally immune to the bad effects of smoking!

I'm pretty sure the only reason DC has constantly made Jim Gordan smoke even now is to stick it into Quesada's eye!

But both have the potential for greatness because their characters are fucking great and there are countless stories still to be told. And I want BOTH companies to do well.

Also, RIP my fave Avenger.

Loki being a chick had nothing to do with political correctness.

I'm much more put off by him turning into a little fuccboi than a woman.

I know it is anecdotal but no one I knows buys any Marvel titles anymore
The guy who owns my LCS has even said he refuses to increase orders to get variant covers from Marvel since no one even wants the variants any more

Didn't say Loki being a chick was PC. Just trying to get OP up to speed. Or give him a reason to jump off a tall building.

Still less weird than the time he was a horse.

Okay. Then I think OP should know that Loki was turned into a kid and then some weird teen fuccboi.

My only guess is that he's supposed to appeal to the doctor who/hiddleston fangirl crowd.

This is written by a bald white guy btw

IT'S FAKEOUT COVER, IT WON'T HAPPEN!!

From here on out, this image will be my only reply to every pandering, white guilt decision Marvel makes from here on out. Just post this image, save my angry words, and not spend any money on their garbage. That's the big one - stop fucking buying what they're selling, you fuckers.

This. Even though they made me angry, I was at least getting the scans because why not? Yesterday, I didn't even bother to click on Deadpool because I knew it'd be some dumb Civil War II tie in.

>Killed The Hulk
also
>Cyclops is Dead
>Namor is Dead
>Fantasic Four are "fixing" shit but never get mentioned, dead in essence.
>Peter is Tony and Tony is Peter.
>SNIKTBUB IS KILL
>Rider never came back
>Deadpool is shit
>Loki is genderqueer
>Thor is handless and suffers from crippling anxiety
>Secret Wars was just a sham
>Doctor Strange is a perpetual quipster now
>Tony is an idiot
>Carol is a retard
>Nu-heroes dominate, Islam is a religion of peace.
>Black token heroes everywhere
>15 year old black girl "invents" the iron man armor somehow and still supports BLM and is also absolutely dumb except that, of course, she's a genius
>Vision is shit in general and is completely changed.
>Wanda is a Feminist and SJW
>Guardians are quippy hipsters who travel the galaxy looking for quips

Add more, people.

Pretty sure everyone here uses torrents.

How long until they finally kill off those two pieces of shit?

>>Deadpool is shit
That's not new

Stop defending garbage. You're not Marvel. They are not the father of your child, and you don't have to hide your black eyes from the rest of the neighborhood. FFS, you people sound like battered spouses.

*sniffles* "It's n-n-not so bad... he only replaces established characters with flavor of the week minorities and blames all his flaws on the bigotry of the readers because he loves me."

>Loki is genderqueer
True to myths desu
He did birth Odin's horse

Will everyone stop talking about the time he was a goddamn horse for fuck's sake

In comic too?

I don't read comics. But how did the Hulk died? Was it the real one or the Japanese?

Ironic actioning is still actioning.

HE IS KOREAN YOU INSENSETIVE BASTARD
#NOT #ALL #CHINKS #ARE #GOOKS
#GOOK #LIVES #MATTER

The real one. He made a special arrowhead and gave it to Hawk Guy, and told him to kill him with it the next time he hulks out.

Stop forcing the Loki woman thing.

If anything complain about how he's turned into this weird teen fuccboi and is a sidekick to femthor.

Also, ironic hashtagingg is still hashtaging, stop that.