Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIi67lzugeg
youtube.com/watch?v=bPqRpar4PyE
youtube.com/watch?v=P5AtrYzxXVU
youtube.com/watch?v=nvbEExv72eM
oddschecker.com/tv/doctor-who/next-doctor
youtube.com/watch?v=fiKEUgyls8k
twitter.com/DuncanNewmarch/status/880687404927119365
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Richard Ayoade is a cunt and has ruined crystal maze!

this that same black guy from that alien movie with ben stiller?

What's Crystal Maze?

I loved him in the IT crowd, but this feels like a weird fit.

cant anyone actually google things before biting hook line and sinker?

Previously on /who/:

Too good to be true ;_;

A rebooted game show. He hasn't done that badly with it. I just wanted (you)s

BLACKED

Ah ok.

Aaaaaand dropped

He's literally /ourguy/, he acts like an autist in public

youtube.com/watch?v=zIi67lzugeg

too bad it isnt true id rather him than that freaky looking kris guy

Watch him in Travel Man or Gadget Man, he feels like a great fit to me.

We all know it's Paterson

He's not even a proper actor, why do people think this is plausible

Has Ayoade done any drama stuff (and if so, is he decent)?
I've only seen him in sitcoms and panel shows, so while I think he'd pull off the quirky nature, I don't have any idea whether he can do any of the rest of it, since you still need to be able to act.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=bPqRpar4PyE

He has almost about the same level of acting skills that McCoy had when he started as 7

youtube.com/watch?v=P5AtrYzxXVU
>no kris marshall
>no rosenthal
What does Sup Forums make of it?

I thought he came off as a bit of a dickhead in travel man but I guess each to their own

youtube.com/watch?v=nvbEExv72eM

He's directed drama, but I can't remember him ever acting in anything other than comedy.

Also it's not true anyway, but it would be interesting. I'm voting for Phoebe Waller-Bridge or at least a female doctor.

SO MUCH FORESHADOWING.

Would seem pointless if they didn't now.

>It's real

NO WAY

Black Bond soon

Ghost Bill: What's happened?

The Doctor: Change, luv. An' it seems not a moment too soon.

> Head like a fuckin' orange
> Still not ginger

Richard Ayowade is the whitest "black" man ever. I don't think he'd count towards the BBC's diversity quota.

It's one of those "Just like us!" stunts that other celebrities try to pull off, except Ayoade is smart enough to make it look believable.

>actually using this thread
You're all retarded.

My uncle works at the BBC. Can confirm Richard Ayoade is indeed the 13th Doctor. The BBC deleted the article like less than a minute after it went up. I was able to screencap just in time.

>actually just replied to this thread
>calls us retarded

K.

Idris Elba is my choice if we're going that way

>tfw I've been rused

god I wish that were true

Go back to the actual thread

He would be cute.

Wow, a random faggot on the internet posted crap so it must be true

Yep, 200% true. There's no way he can't be wrong.

literally the only reasonable choice since they want le ebin diversity™

Only thing that would get me back watching the show religiously

>So this Dalek was shooting up the place, right. I've gone in there waving me sonic spanner abou, managed to stop him. Cracked the case open to have a word, lil monkey fella

All bullshit aside is Doctor Who the worst franchise with the wort fanbase to ever exist?

Nah Torchwood

I was just thinking the other day that they might do this. What would make it less likely is first, that by his own admission Ayoade is a limited actor, and second, this would get in the way of his own filmmaking.

why do they keep pushing woman/ blacks as the next doctor and yet there's no mention of this guy
he would be fantastic at it, a perfect fit

>What would make it less likely is first, that by his own admission Ayoade is a limited actor

Not every Doctor has to be an overacting fraud like Tennant

No, McCoy was and is a superb actor and all-round theatre artist, he just has an unusual voice. He had been in a show written for him at the National Theatre, and was an alumnus of Ken Campbell's company.

>Phoebe Waller-Bridge
I really hope it's not that grotesque narcissistic Sloan. Any other female actor would be preferable, including Snooki or Yvette Fielding.

Yes, there's little doubt of it. Its only serious challenger is Sonic.

I would forgive every sin of Doctor Who from the past ten years just to see this scene unfold.

But the's the most likely candidate at the moment. Shot up to first place in the bookie odds in the last few days just like it happened to Capaldi last time.

They do need to be an actor, though - Ayoade was basically a sketch comedian cast in a sitcom role ideally tailored to his limits that became the breakout character of its show. He seems to recognise how lucky he was and seems to be done with performing beyond presenting gigs.

please tell me this is true
got any source on that?

Ayoade could make a better companion but I'd love to see a team up of Jonathan Ross as The Doctor and Ayoade as his loveable but stupid companion.

I would be okay with this

Oh yes, it probably will be him. People said they should follow Tennant with him years ago. Although I'd rather it was a woman. Bringing back Worst Master and copping out on the trans regeneration idea would be pretty sad, but Chibnall is probably a Tory who would put transwoman Doc in the ground without a sound ten minutes into the first episode.

oddschecker.com/tv/doctor-who/next-doctor

This is the kind of shite idea they used to print in the Sun. Ross isn't an actor.

I'd just like to see a fun charismatic doctor tb h
I've watched s2 death in paradise and that lead guy just isn't very entertaining. alan is a lot of fun

>A FUCKING NIGGER

The cultural marxist destruction of doctor who will be complete

Waller-Bridge's height in that ranking is pretty worrying. She's a very specific person to think of.

BLACKED

Yeah, Marshall's always been a dreadful suggestion.

If they really needed to BLACKED him, at least is someone I appreciate.

They'll pair him with a female white companion of course, he's fucking a norwegian girl irl anyways

Napoleon is the New Doctor and he's going to have Cinderella as his companion?

youtube.com/watch?v=fiKEUgyls8k

Torchwood: outside the government, beyond the police. Tracking down alien life on Earth, arming the human race against the future. The twenty-first century is when everything changes. And you've got to be ready.

>Torchwood:penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis

fixed

Oh shit, this guy is the new doctor? Is this true?

Maybe I'll have to watch this show now. Ayoade is fantastic.

no.

No it's some other black guy

watched that this week. underrated.

Someone is leaving tonight

twitter.com/DuncanNewmarch/status/880687404927119365

There's a continuity announcer fandom, how about that?

Why are they using modern cybermen in the next episode
the mondasions are far creepier, what the fuck are they thinking

Aww, that's sad.

>I've watched s2 death in paradise and that lead guy just isn't very entertaining.

I liked Ben Miller. Nobody thinks he's gonna be the Doctor

JUST A REMINDER THAT THE EIGHTH DOCTOR ADVENTURES WERE BETTER THAN TENNANT'S SERIES 2 THROUGH EOT.

Season 1 had a much higher story quality, a much better cyberman finale that used them better, a better opening and literally the only thing Series 2 has on it is Girl in the Fireplce.

EDAs-
>Use a returning classic companion better
>Use a classic returning villain better
>Have a completely perfect season with the 4th season
>Have better arcs
>Knows how to write not shitty season finales
>Averted the happy endings for companions trope
Had better side characters(including jellyfish companion)
>Used the Daleks effectively
>Had better christmas episodes
>Wasn't afraid to link to classic continuity
>Actually dealt with consequences instead of hitting the reset button every single time.
>Actually funny parody episodes
>allowed the best companion in the series to develop as a character instead of resetting them and making it so redeveloping them would kill them

>still no 13th doctor announcement

The EDA books are still amongst the most high concept pieces of science fiction produced by Doctor Who, in my opinion.

Interference 1 and 2, Alien Bodies and Fear Itself (I count this one as an EDA) hugely pushed the envelope.

>Had better side characters(including jellyfish companion)
Orbis? Still haven't listened to this one but it's on the list and I'm not doing them chronologically.

>Interference 1 and 2, Alien Bodies and Fear Itself (I count this one as an EDA) hugely pushed the envelope.
they were not afraid to be bleak
Larry Miles and Jim Mortimore were wasted talents

Maybe after this episode? It's going to be Paterson anyway.

Except he's busy with Timeless en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)

I'm completely fine with 13 being Paterson, but what's his range like? I think I've only seen him in Peep Show, and he was good, I'm just wondering how he'll handle the more dramatic scenes.

Never heard of this before so I don't know how involved he is, but is it possible for him to back out? Capaldi broke a contract to be the Doctor.

Also, I'm not the only one that thought Paterson had been offered the job previously am I? I remember Gaiman said that the role had been offered to a black actor in the past and they had declined, I thought it was generally assumed that that actor was Paterson. Which only adds to the likelihood of it, in my opinion, since that means BBC were keen on him and he's considered it before

When they were casting the 11th Doctor his name was getting thrown around a lot

I wish he'd fuck my wife at least

it won't be today. Today they will hype Bradley as the First Doctor. And probably New Doctor Show Announcement during the week, just like Capaldi had.

I am a racist and all but I wouldn't have a problem with a black doctor if it was him. Honorary aryan. Wouldn't have problem with a black doctor att all if it wasn't for those SJWs. hate em

bullshit.
where's the sticky?

>black
>honorary aryan
Care to explain?

nobody cares

sticky bum bum

Obviously it's not true but I think it's cute that you think any Doctor Who related news would ever get stickied.

The retarded gullible boardies in this thread.

>hurrdurr based black man
>honorary aryan
>fuckin sjw's man
Don't ever post again. Top yourself immediately.

Why do people like Susan? Easily the worst part about black and white era. Terrible acting.

She's qt

Don't they look tired, /who/?

hugh looks the worst. poor guy just looks like he wants to die.
romesh on the other hand just looks the same as usual.