If vibranium is an element, what's its atomic number?

If vibranium is an element, what's its atomic number?

Other urls found in this thread:

x-journal.net/Wiki/index.php?title=Vibranium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_stability
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vibranium
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America's_Shield
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thulium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_(physics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

555-ITS-JUSTACOMIC

x-journal.net/Wiki/index.php?title=Vibranium
apparently over 200

Vibranium isnt an element. It came from space and its electrons do not move meaning its molecules are always at absolute zero giving it its force absorption power.

How the hell do you machine something like that into a shield?

Very carefully.

You aren't going to get your No Prize with that kind of thinking.

His shield isnt pure vibranium, I dont think anything is.

Caps shield is a mystery cocktail of Vibranium, I believe steel, extreme heat and then a mystery because the guy fucking fell asleep and then woke up with a shield.

I mean, whatever i guess.

it's an alloy you fucking retarded ass

Maybe it contains a special particle in the atom if it doesnt have a place in the atomic table

> what's its atomic number?

T

Gibberish.

- It is obviously an element.
- Everything on Earth came from space.
- Its electrons don't move? Yeah, okay...
- Its molecules? Yeah, okay...
- Absolute zero being the reason for force absorbtion? Yeah, okay...
Gibberish.

Correct. It's that shape because it was a tank hatch cover.

Vibranium is not an alloy. Adamantium is, Cap's shield is (in the comics), but the metal itself is not.

>what's its atomic number?

Presumably a stable transurane, so in the 220s, but it's wayyy too light, really.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_stability

It ends with um though

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vibranium

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America's_Shield

This could probably answer a lot of your question.

Substances exist, user. Go ahead, look them up, it's not just a generic noun, it has a specific meaning within chemistry.

This must be the first time you've ever thought about comic book "science", huh?

No, im right. Allow me to correct you.

- It is not an element.
- All vibranium came from a few meteors from space that hit 10000 years ago in Africa and Antarctica. With scattered showers sprinkling the planet.
- The electrons do not move.
- Molecules.
- Absolute Zero.
Thank you for listening.

I know these things because thats the way they are.

i
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_unit

I like you.

You can stay

So hey, anyone got more Shield Trickery pages?

These are fun, and the movies really got down how absolutely fun and useful this superhuman frisbee actually should be

Also, what was the element Tony created in Iron Man 2? Jarvis told he he'd just created a new element. Was that Vibranium?

Plotcontrivium

It's horseshit, but that's what vibranium is.

Do you know what an alloy is?

So is Sharon like his lover interest or like the daughter he never had
Never really read anything with her in it

It cant have molecules if its not an element.

A isotope of infinity gem crystal, that's why loki's scepter didn't work

I love it when heroes bullshit people about there powers

>its molecules are always at absolute zero

>what's its atomic number?

More like COOLium amirite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thulium

It's not ONE element. It's actually an organic material.

>It cant have molecules if its not an element
It can if the atoms are bonded to each other (see: O2).

However, is still a moron trying to explain things he never finished enough school to understand.

I always wonder when I see posts like these whether I spend a lot of time arguing with actual children.

>The electrons do not move.
fundementally impossible due to v*p>=h/2pi, or roughly the uncertainty principle. But it's comics so whatever.

I would like Marvel or DC use some of the strange matter (not talking just Strange Matter the actual particles) or theories out there in physics, and not rely completely on tachyons. Like use glue-balls for your energy weapons. Use Strange Matter, which is just matter with heavier quarks, or Charmonium matter. Hell use 4 and 5 quark matter that was just found at the LHC. No need to get into the real science of it, but if you want a heavy element there are lots of ways besides just a just another element on the periodic table, physics is filled with particles, it's called the particle zoo and is a huge field of research, why is there this much complexity and is there a simpler form that this arises out of.

But I'm probably one of very few that loves to read some science, even easter egg style) sprinkled in superhero comics.

>a normie one-arming a 12-pound discus that hard

hehe, that's funny m8

it is NOT carbon, that much we know

Look pal, it's made out of the remains of an alien race with metallic flesh, who PROBABLY had superpowers. What do you want from me?

>adamantium/vibranium alloy
I hate it when comics get their own facts wrong. There were multiple issues already describing it as an IRON/vibranium alloy, and adamantium wasn't invented until later.

That always pissed me off. The shield has never been broken by brute strength, but I guess the writer just wanted to "demonstrate" how strong this fucker was.

It's what happens when you have some item that is basically invincible, or a really strong dude.
The latest big shot villain will probably break it, so a shitty writer can show how high the stakes are this time.

Both.

>The latest big shot villain will probably break it, so a shitty writer can show how high the stakes are this time.

I'm betting a woman will probably break it. Villain or not.

Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

>bouces off some stuff but embeds itself in others.

Sometimes it acts as thought it has perfectly elastic collisions, ie when it's bouncing, and other times it has perfectly inelastic collisions, ie when it's absorbing blows.

An imaginary number.

I get it now, why the shield sometimes bounces and sometimes collides. It's because like imaginary numbers, it has 720 degrees of rotation instead of 360. One 360 rotation makes it collide, the next 360 degrees will bounce. it now makes perfect sense!

Holy shit, it's so obvious in hind sight!

It's gibberish in the context of chemistry.

...Sweetie. I am an aspie comic books / science fiction / transformers fan. I was seriously contemplating this nonsense before your mom had ever banged the milkman.

>Adamandium-Vibranium alloy

What a shame.

Source or GTFO.

...Of course.

Again with the adamantium/vibranium.

There is in fact an adamantium-vibranium version of the shield, and it might be that one, but it's not the original, since, as noted, adamantium was not invented until decades after Cap was frozen.

Originally they named it vibranium, but they retconned it (anyway it was never named in the movie itself). It was based on Howard Stark's research into the Cosmic Cube / Tesseract, but.. knowing Tony... it's probably called Starkanium.

Granted, but that doesn't mean it's not a chemical element.

Organic materials always contain carbon. Vibranium, however, is a metallic element.

Also not bad..

Wat. Are you talking about the Celestials??

Skyfather-level deity. He gets a pass.

I would accept that solution since it seems like something out of quantum physics.

Maybe it's like Yaka metal?

Sharon's hardly considered a normie... But yeah that throw was ridiculous.

>I would accept that solution since it seems like something out of quantum physics.
cause it is, electrons behave this way. When you hear stuff about spin up and spin down for particles, this is what they are talking about. there is 720 degrees to the rotation of an electron and you need to use imaginary numbers for this

Ah. No.

I won't be pedantic about this, because up until a few weeks ago that's precisely what I also thought.

But 'spin' in a quantum-mechanical context is not like what we think of as 'spin', like with a ball or something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_(physics)

Its Vibranium. I ain't gotta explain shit.

>Mathematically, quantum mechanical spin states are described by vector-like objects known as spinors. There are subtle differences between the behavior of spinors and vectors under coordinate rotations. For example, rotating a spin-1/2 particle by 360 degrees does not bring it back to the same quantum state, but to the state with the opposite quantum phase; this is detectable, in principle, with interference experiments. To return the particle to its exact original state, one needs a 720-degree rotation. (The Plate trick and Mobius strip give non-quantum analogies.)

And yes, I know spin isn't a 'physical' thing as much as a mathematical one. It still carries angular momentum like actual spin though.

I am literally reading this of marvel comics wiki on it. Are you seriously trying to debate me on the workings of a magic metal

my source is the marvel website. Im really inclined to trust them. Yeah, it came from space, from probably dead celestials.
Do you wanna get started on explaining them

>that thing does not obey the laws of physics

>I am literally reading the wiki page I wrote on it. Are you seriously trying to usurp my authority on the internet

Adamantium is a metallic epoxy, not an alloy. There was a whole deal with that when Ultron first showed up. I'm surprised you don't remember.

>vibranium-adamantium alloy
>MacLain combined vibranium with a steel alloy

Whoever wrote this didn't proofread it.

The thing about that is, Wolverine isn't a mutant, he's a literal wolverine that got humanized by the High Evolutionary. No, wait, he's a canine-like human subspecies that also carries the X-gene, and has been ruled by a guy called Romulus since the time of the Romans. No, wait, he's a mutant from the late 1800s, even though mutants were originally considered children of the atom, brought forth by atomic testing. He's not the first mutant of course, that's Namor (born 1911), except it's actually Apocalypse, but don't tell Selene that...

You shouldn't put any faith at all in any of it, or try to learn it by rote. It changes constantly. Someone writes to them and wants to know the atomic number of vibranium? They'll write right back and ask which continuity just so they can use all the explanations, even the stupid ones.

>Adamantium is a metallic epoxy
huh?