Bruce Banner is going to stay dead for a while, several years even

Bruce Banner is going to stay dead for a while, several years even

Hulk comics never sold that well, it doesn't really matter if he's alive or dead, no one really cares, people have taken to Cho fairly well too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2OI7sogwqY
youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They live through decades of adventures and they kill them in the most lame and unemotional ways.

Secret Wars has a lot of that too.

Instead of thinking they need better writers and artists for a comic to sell, they just cancel series and kill off characters.

I just dont care anymore.

Yeah, Marvel is fucking shit at event

Bucky "died" during Fear Itself but I always forget that

This.

Also, Bruce won't stay dead specifically because they'll use the hype of his return to try and boost Hulk sales.

It's not even sad. It's lame and it makes me feel hopeless and numb.

Sad is when the death of a superhero affects the whole Marvel universe and there is a proper long story that moves fans.

Like when Captain Marvel died and everyone showed up to say goodbye.

Marvel is going into a shitty, shitty direction.

One of the biggest issues with these character deaths is that they occur in dumb cross-over events that bear almost no relation to any ongoings at all.

They're fun what-ifs - or at least they can be (usually aren't) - but they lose so much of their impact by being flash-in-the-pan attention grabbers.

If Banner was to be killed off it should be in a continuation of his OWN series - as the culmination of a larger plot that has genuine relevance to his character and archetypal role in the wider Marvel Universe.

By having shorter and shorter series - with more emphasis placed on renumberings and 'events', the only truly great stories coming out of the big 2 seem to be limited series and runs that never amount to more than 12 issues.

tldr; this shit is killing storytelling in modern comics

Hulk sales will always be trash

Last time they got a boost was after WWH wth Rulk

>they occur in dumb cross-over events that bear almost no relation to any ongoings at all.
That's right

At least Batman got 2 "deaths", one in the event and one in his own book

no, he's going to stay dead until the week of November 3, 2017

Wait, Banner is dead?

I thought the chinaman was Banner.

Banner's life is more suffering than Peter Parker at this point.

You fucking casuals. You disgust me.

This death WILL have ramifications in the Hulk's main book. The book's already been setting it up telling "Bruce Banner's last story". We will get an emotional reaction.If you're not even reading Hulk why do you bother making threads this autistic?

Secondly, the last marvel death HAD "everyone showing up to say goodbye". It happened in Sam Wilson and Choosing Sides. And Choosing Sides was actually good.

I get it. Bendis is not a good writer. But dont insult the "editorial" when you dont read any of their comics besides Civil War. You're part of the problem. They TRY to give you an emotional reaction to the cash-grabs but you guys only read the main book and insult the company. Kill yourself.

Marvel has cancer
Perlmutter and his cronies are the cancer
Marvel Cinematic Universe are both the life support and chemotherapy

You're a pathetic capeshit apologist and you deserve the tripe Marvel shovels down your throat. I hope you die alone and unloved.
I'm leaving the thread now, so don't even bother responding. You faggot.

So does he die or hulk the fuck out then die?
If not is the Hulk they see actually Cho freaking out over Banner being killed?

How is insulting me a coherent answer to what I said? You guys critisism was based on your casualness and I pointed out that your complaints were being adressed in other books.

>Marvel Cinematic Universe are both the life support and chemotherapy
Fuck off back to rebbit

>Hulk comics never sold that well, it doesn't really matter if he's alive or dead, no one really cares

youtube.com/watch?v=n2OI7sogwqY

It's a great deal for marvel. With one arrow they kill off too straight white guys so they can leave Amadeus as Hulk and replace Clint with whatever her name is. Very efficient.

the really shitty thing is Banner had a perfectly good ending to his story in Totally Awesome Hulk. Asmodeus Cho cured him and banner retired, he just sat down and played mincraft in peaceful mode. Just to explore and build. Bendis just ignored all of that and said he was hulking out again. I say again HE WAS CURED AND BANNER DIDN'T DO IT HIMSELF, HE WASN"T EXPERIMENTING ON HIMSELF CAUSE CHO CURED HIM!

Fuck Bendis

Hulk was always my favorite character, if only due to the old Hulk TV show with Bill Bixby

So fuck Marvel. I'm out.

He could've been cured and THEN started experimenting on himself. They're not opossites facts. Banner was apparently keeping the cure working by his experiments.

The emotional reaction is just a extension of the editorial cashgrab, shillboy. We ain't stupid.

Comics want to make money you idiot.
Bendis does it the bad way then other writers write good stories with the shit he does. What is your complaint again? That this is a "bad story" or that it is done "to make money"? Because EVERY comic is done to make money.

As a long time Cho fan and Hulk fan, the only reason I enjoyed his comic was that was a breath of fresh air, something fun for the character.

However, having this the new Status Quo for the character is kinda dumb. He already had a super hero persona that is funnily enough the literal opposite of the Hulk. Having him be the Hulk for like, 10 years would suck when a Bucky Cap styled run would fit it much better

>no one really cares
>people have taken to Cho fairly well too
These are contradictory statements.
More to the point, no one has taken to Cho just like no one takes to any of the diversity hires of Marvel, which is why DC Rebirth is completely annihilating them right now.

>no one has taken to Cho just like no one takes to any of the diversity hires of Marvel
guessing you don't actually read comics

Banner's life has always sucked more than Parker's. It's really not even close. Any other person would have committed suicide by now, but even he was denied that for such a long time.Peter Parker is a wish fulfillment no matter how much Marvel goes on about the "Parker luck" or just has him do stupid shit.

Hmm, you have a point here.

Peter
>Never gets a break but gets to fuck a super model

Banner
>Every lover he has either leaves or dies

>Still reading Bendis

You only have yourselves to blame. Bendis is the type of guy who says "you know what? I want to write a story where the Hulk dies" and then tries to find a way to shoehorn it, continuity be damned.

The reason why his early works like Jessica Jones and Ultimate Spider-Man were good was because they were both blank slates - he didn't have to care about continuity, so he could do whatever he wanted.

If Marvel truly had a head on their shoulders, they'd play on his strengths and put him on some small, 12-issue books about either new characters or ones with little relevance to modern Marvel. He just doesn't work when writing big names with big continuities behind them, like Guardians or even Iron Man.

For fucks sake, I'd be fine with him writing a Kitty Pryde mini. At least he'd have free reign with his waifu there.

The current hulk run did provide an emotional and satisfying potential end to banners story. Totally Free of the hulk and at peace. With cho making his own hulk without Bruce's issues.
Civil war gives us a ranting banner only free of the hulk due to mad science. Killed with an unsatisfying plot device introduced the same issue by a character with no real connection to hulk or Bruce.
TLDR
Hulk gave us a great end for banner
Civil war shat on it and called it drama

did it ever happen like in the movie where Banner actually does try to kill himself? I really liked that idea

>I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out

out with the old and in with the new

and for the love of god marvel, take him off of team books. He has NEVER once wrote a good team book

And then he got killed because Clint thought he looked at him funny and didn't notice the 10 foot green Korean

>everyone shows up to say bye to marvell
>everyone shows up to kill bruce

damn.

Hulk has always been a shitty character.

Like Beast but pushed too hard into success. The original Beast only lasted for like 6 comicbooks before it went to shit.

They're both unimaginative attempts at shitting characters at high speed. Just a fucking overmuscled dude that is grey and strong.

The original beast was the same but with fur

At least Superman had more gimmicks.

Hulk is a good concept, it's jeckle and hyde. But the problem is that there is only so much you can do with that. His stories have been told already, it was time for his story to end. The problem is, it was done well in Hulk and shitty here

And back off my beast. He was a great character and works amazingly in team books. He's just really awful now.

Yeah Bendis is shit but with events it's like watching a train wreck

Tony was right. She basically just fucked over Bruce and Clint.

>Bruce gives Clint a special arrow and tells him to use it if he starts to hulk out.

>Carol has been going on and on about how the visions have been right and they've been stopping all sorts of shit and saving all kinds of lives.

>Suddenly vision where the hulk fucking kills everyone. And Clint does what Bruce asked him to do and kills him.

>This is somehow Clint's fault and Carol doesn't have to answer for anything.

>Carol continues to push about how they need to use the visions even after this.

>Tony loses another two friends.

Goddamn I hope someone beats the piss out of Carol. And this isn't the first time she's pulled this shit. She should not be allowed to be in positions of authority over other people and I hope people in universe keep bringing how she goes full fucking my way or get beat every time she does.

And goddamn I hope someone beats the blue of Beast's faggot ass.

But Bruce wasn't Hulking out, Clints claim he could see green in his eyes was suspect

>That arrow
Thanks doc

Not the same user but I personally hate this Hulk direction since I find Cho to be an insufferable tool and even more so as the Hulk. Even the title of the book screams tool

Yeah that's what I mean, he died for nothing because he wasn't hulking out. But Clint is in a fucked up position because Carol has them all believing that the visions should be used and they all see one where Hulk kills them all.

So wtf is Clint supposed to do? He has Banner saying kill me if I hulk out like that. On the other side there's Carol saying how these visions are legit and should be used. And there's a vision of Hulk killing everyone. Clint got put in a pretty fucked up position and will take the blame for it all.

>But the problem is that there is only so much you can do with that
People have been saying this since 1980 and the quality of Hulk comics has been rocky since trying to change the status quo of 'mild mannered scientist on the run transforming into overemotional green muscled child'

Yeah, that's what user is saying dude, that Clint heard Carol's rant about Bruce hulking out and saw what he wanted to see.

I don't like it either but it's not a huge departure in quality, just a different tone

>More to the point, no one has taken to Cho just like no one takes to any of the diversity hires of Marvel

You personally disliking Cho doesn't magically make him stop outselling all of Banner's runs in the last decade

anyone checked out this new comic??

youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY

Come on. This has got to be the most elaborate set up to a bullshit asspull of the century. NONE of this shit is actually happening. It's all a vision from Future-Boy. He's gonna see the end of the Avengers and decide to kill himself for starting all this. Ironic, isn't it?

Vince Russo plz

Way too dark and a copout

>Bruce Banner, who has literally been shot and turns into the hulk because of the adrenaline and shock so he doesn't die
>who has PUT A GUN IN HIS OWN MOUTH AND PULLED THE TRIGGER AND SPAT IT OUT AS THE HULK
>killed by a fucking arrow
Was it a "badass knock-down-Thanos" arrow?

he'll be back by the time thor 3 comes out

c'mon you dumb idiots, this is how it always works

Yes.

Like, literally yes.

Bruce Banner built a special Hulk-Killer arrow and gave it to Hawkeye with the instruction to kill him if he ever hulked out again.

Why are people still surprised by Big 2 comics being nothing but a parade of anger-inducing garbage? It's DESIGNED to be that way.

Comic sales are shit, but they are less shit when people are outraged about some big change than they are when quality ongoings are being released. The only time comics sales spike is when there's a death or a crossover or a replacement, so now there's never not some kind of reboot or event happening.

If you don't like it then stop buying issues out of anger, pirate them instead if you absolutely must make yourself angry. If you stop buying when they pull shit like this they'll stop pulling it.

Support things like Marvel Knights Adventures.

>Bruce Banner built a special Hulk-Killer arrow
That may be one of the dumbest statements ever turned into binary.

Why.

Not even a little bit.

Because an arrow killing the creature with the greatest healing factor in the Marvel universe makes no fucking sense? Motherfucker can tank a ten megaton nuke. I don't care what techno-babble they framed around the arrow, that's fucking stupid.

Not to mention it defeats one of the main tragedies of the Hulk, that Banner can't get rid of it even through suicide attempts. Kinda undercuts the internal drama if he could've just built an anti-Hulk arrow all along.

How does an arrow kill something that can regenerate

If it's not something about the arrow and it's a compound or chemical or some shit why did it need to be an arrow and why doesn't anyone else have or know about it?

If Bruce was worried about Hulking out and was willing and able to die why didn't he commit suicide like he'd tried so many times before? Why not keep the hulk-killing chemical in his pocket and take it if he's getting angry?

It's just convoluted and retarded on so many levels

It can't be dumber than coma-inducing anti-Thanos missle

Because he doesn't have the Hulk in him anymore, he's just a regular dude at this point and he wanted to live life a bit without having to worry about the hulk for once. The arrow was a just in case.

We don't know if the hulk in the vision is Banner or Cho. To be honest it looks like it's Cho flipping about them killing Banner. We already know Cho will be on the side against using the visions.

I'm just saying if you think that arrow is one of the dumbest things to come out of comics you need to read some more comics, there has been waaaaay dumber shit.

Special hulk killing arrow Bruce designed.

It's and Arrow because Hawkeye is super good with arrows. And Bruce trusted him to get the job done.

Bruce thought he was doing something to keep the Hulk at bay and didn't want to kill himself. But if he was wrong he had the Hawkeye back up plan.

It's a shitty way for him to go but it makes since.

NAH BRO THIS WILL SELL DA COOOMICBOOKS BRO, YOU GIVE ME TWELVA ISSUES AND I WILL GET A SWERVE READA FER YA.

Why is it always death? Him losing his power would be a interesting story, They wouldn't have to do much explaining when he comesback.

You know, after all the shit he has pulled, I'm surprised Russo hasn't done a comic book yet.

>Yo this whole civil war will end in a finger poke of doom because Tony is actually boning Carol and the two of them are actually rooting out all potential opponents for power
>Then it turns out Carol was a Skrull all along
>Then Miles is a double agent for Red Skull
>Who is the real Banner masquerading as Red Skull
>The real Red Skull is Rulk
>But who was phone

That would STILL be better than Age of Ultron

>I'm just saying if you think that arrow is one of the dumbest things to come out of comics
Oh, no, not at all. Far dumber things happen regularly.

I was just commenting on how incredibly stupid the statement "Bruce Banner made a hulk-killer arrow" is out of context. Which is incredibly.

Reminder that Nick Fury used to be white.

Reminder that Thor used to be a man.

When was the last time his sales was acceptable?

>It's and Arrow because Hawkeye is super good with arrows.
Hawkeye is also pretty squishy and bows don't have a larger effective range than guns. Hawkeye is literally the last person I would trust to be able to hit a rampaging Hulk.

Marvel I am done with. Haven't bought a contemporary Marvel book at all this year.

>Special hulk killing arrow Bruce designed.
Yes, you say that, but it doesn't make anything less retarded.

Did they just say "this arrow can kill Hulk it's magic I don't gotta explain shit?"

>Bruce doesn't have the Hulk in him anymore
...So why make an anti-Hulk arrow? For that matter, why would the arrow instantly kill him by piercing his shoulder if it's an anti-hulk arrow and he's no longer the hulk? Arrows don't work that way.

Did anybody else get a gut reaction that Bruce Banner was pulling a Matrix movie bullet time Neo dodge from the arrow?

Don't worry, Bruce Banner will return by the time Thor: Ragnarok the movie is released in November 2017

But people are loving chulk

Sales prove otherwise.

Wolverine and Xavier are still dead. So is Marvell and Gwen Stacey.

Someone Photoshop this so there's an arrow in the last image hurtling at banners head from off panel.

>Goddamn I hope someone beats the piss out of Carol.

It'd be the only good thing to come out of Civil War, but at least it'd be something.

>X-men
>mattering
>at all
>in MCU synergy

user, everyone knows he will return in time for Thor: Ragnarok.

The universe has no synergy, contunity or costume design.

Oh look another person who came up with comics and thinks the character should come today it's natural end after THEYVE gotten older and ceased enjoying the stories.

Its like people who get older and jaded and cynical then wonder why comics have gotten worse over time and aren't as filled with New childlike wonderment like when they were a child first reading them.

Hulk sales were always shit, Sup Forums

Work harder

Not really. Pol is great.

>Pol is great.

Front page of USA today bro

>He could've been cured and THEN started experimenting on himself.
And why the fuck would he do that? He was cursed for decades because of risky experiments gone wrong, so he decides to do it again once he's finally free? No. You and Bendis can go and eat shit.

Nah that's a pic of a left wing retard considering how ugly everyone who votes left is.

Hulk had high sales in the 90s and other decades before it.

Problem is no big writer or savage hulk. Pak isn't a sales boost.

>Nah that's a pic of a left wing retard considering how ugly everyone who votes left is.

Pak sales were just fine.

Waid did okay as well.

Yuck stop showing me left wing athetists that look like you.

>lady thor
>black cap
>girl wolverine
>blackerican spiderman
>teen black iron man
>Chinese hulk
>mcu synergy

Bendis doesn't give a single fuck. Why would he when he has apologists and damage controllers like Go on. Ask him on tumblr about his stupid fucking writing decisions and see the smug response he'll cook up to dodge the real issue.

Sounds to me like a regular arrow would be just as effective if hes not the hulk anymore....

>Hulk sales were always shit,

When? Peter David's Hulk sold well during the early 90's and Jeph Loeb's Hulk sold well at first.

Wolverine and Xavier are fox....

It was more Hawkeye was the best guy for the job because he could kill someone and move on from it eventually and less about his skills. But come on. Hawkeye has done some pretty nice work with the bow over the years, he works so hard.

>Did they just say "this arrow can kill Hulk it's magic I don't gotta explain shit?"

They explained Bruce made it but yea there was no in depth bullshit comic science put into it. And from the way things went down, it looked a regular arrow would have done the job just as well.