13 Reasons Why blamed for teen suicides

screenhits.info/families-blame-13-reasons-2-teens-suicides/

will this impact the possibility of season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want a movie that makes trans degenerates suicide.
One that shows how the only countries that tolerate trans freaks all have dying populations,
and import from cultures that want to kill trans freaks to compensate for their infertility.

>families don't want to blame themselves so they blame fiction

wtf i love netflix now

the show wasn't pro-suicide at all
>retard parents with retard kids blame show for their bad parenting

That's a good thing. I never understood why do people keep crying about mass suicides so much. Suicide is good. Less people on the planet is always better. Housing reasons for example.

B-but they TALKED about suicide! They must be Pro suicide! I bet those writers and filmmakers all listen to heavy metal and play dungeons and dragons too!

>girl is wronged by people
>kills herself
>her suicide gets revenge on all those people
>everyone now appreciates her and remembers her
How is that not pro-suicide? It's the full version of a teenage suicide fantasy 'YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M DEAD!!!!'

MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT

>fiction that portrays suicide as a good idea don't want to blame themselves so they blame the families

i'm glad.

Not because they're right, because it is a bad show and producers need to know not to make shit like this again

Kid with neglectful parents is going through some heavy shit and try to get attention by telling them he/she's watching a show about teen suicide. Parents can't bebothered to even pay attention when he/she's talking to them about it. He/she kills him/herself.

IT WAS THAT SHOW'S FAULT REEEEEEEEEEE

It was presented as being an effective means for "revenge".

You literally made all that up.
Good job.

did you watch the show?

You obviously didn't

Of course he didn't. I wish I was like him and didn't watched it. It was shit and my completist side made me watch it all after watching the pilot.

>Kids kill themself just to cancel second season of this shitshow
BASED

Haven't we had this thread like three times already?

Media does have an impact on young peoples minds.

It doesnt matter if something is anti-suicide since the mere attention generated by it fuels the need for validation these people want.

Netflix and the parents have to have some personal responsibility for allowing kids to watch this so easily.

This

>watch Paranoia agent
>episode about a group attempting suicide
>it's great comedy

>Media does have an impact on young peoples minds

Not that way, it doesn't. You're just an old (relatively speaking) fuck trying to put blame on something so the problem can be "fixed" easily. It can't. There's always been suicides in teenagers and there will always be the risk of it. All we can do is give them the tools and ressources they need.

samefag

You're fucking retarded if you don't think media has any impact on the way people perceive the world around.

>All we can do is give them the tools and ressources they need.

Tools and resources dont help. Its all about how culture.

Sex education and prevention is widely available in schools and to the public but the teen pregancy rate has still been rising. This is the product of an inconsistent culture which constantly promotes self fulfilment the the gratification of selfish desires.

>There's always been suicides in teenagers and there will always be the risk of it

I wonder if any cultural changes happened around the time the suicide rate rose?

Heavy Metal and DnD. When they lost popularity, the numbers go down.

Jack Chick was right all along.

>tfw still no suicide booths as in futurama

kys

>my completist side

does that compel you to watch season 2?

1992 is exactly when the first episode of 13 reasons why aired! this cant be! somebody cover the teenagers eyes!

I'm more bummed that euthaniasia is still not legal in most countries. guess I'll have to hang myself when I get cancer.

>all these people wronged me in one way or another.
>I know. I'll kill myself. that will show them
i mean, it's not a bad idea

and we've becoem increasingly better at making them

Maybe if there were better parenting they'd still be alive.

The point is that the suicide rate isnt a constant and can be affected by cultural changes or other factors.

this is literally my first thought after this tv show came out, people literally #cutforbieber or whatever, and i just thought how many people would just straight up kill themselves after watching this shit.

It would have been a big moment if the ending was the beta kid denounced her for doing what she did to him and others.

But they had to add the rape shit like every show nowadays that wants to show a character is bad but doesn't have good writers, so the suicide seemed semi-justifiable. Would have been a lot better if all 13 reasons were petty shit that every teen goes through, and everyone learned to not blame themselves and realise the one constant problem was her.

yeah it's retarded as fuck. if an animal is sick beyond help we don't hesitate to relieve it from its suffering but humans are strapped to their beds and forced to endure it till the end.

she's hot why's she crying?

Suicide is natural selection.
Those who don't want to live are unworthy of life.
That was their decision, and nobody else is entitled to change it for them.

Teen pregnancy rates have plummeted since the 1980s, you utter fuckwad. As have abortion rates.

No.

It doesn't need to be pro.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide

So... does that mean that suice prevention in school is the cause of teen suicide?

I think it does.

>goes out of her way to walk miles during the night and willingly end up in a known rapists' jacuzzi, in the opposite side of town, in a party she wasn't even invited to
>traumatised when she gets raped

give me thesuicidescene

giv hannah gf

you're cancer

>suicide
>everyone acts sad for like a month
>eventually forgotten

that's what happened with the 2 suicides at my school

when i killed myself people were grieving for months
no one ever really forgot

That's just what conservative parents do. They never want to acknowledge the fact that they're shitty parents, so they shift the blame onto something else. They did it with rap music, video games, and now they're doing it with this show.

>Parents who didn't even notice their kids were depressed until they killed themselves blame a tv show
wew

Fuck you.

But the peak is in 95, when no one was listening to metal and D&D was already getting less popular because of vidya.

Well then, no hannah gf for you until you've earned some good boy points young man

It takes time for the full effect of HM/D&D to make people kill themselves.

I didn't know you posted on here, Tipper

Any sort of media coverage of suicide increases the suicide rate, its a well documented phenomenon. They had to have known what would happen when they made a series about teen suicide. Here in Australia the media doesn't even mention when it's a suicide, you can only tell because articles about a suicide will include a note like
>If you are experiencing a crisis contact Lifeline on 13 11 14

Meh, here they say it and we have a very low suicide rate.

Why are you so offended by what other people do with their own bodies?

I'm sorry Sawyer but you didn't even get a sticky. Stop haunting this place please.

Being offended about a dying collective is an unnecessary loss of energy.
Just like faggots and trans freaks are not allowed to hold pride marches in Muslim neighborhoods in Sweden,
the same will soon spread to the rest of Western Europe, and then to USA as well.
The difference between fertility rates makes it mathematically inevitable.

Hmm. Prolefeed like this maybe should be regulated for the good of the people. But if a real piece of art glamorises suicide ""irresponsibly"" FUCK OFF

i hope not, i liked season 1 a lot

is /lgbt/ full of closet cases? never really been there

Isn't seeing people kill themselves for stupid reasons a great suicide deterrent?

Just browsing for 5 minutes on a suicide/depression forum about people crying about losing their wallet is enough to make you not want to be lumped in with those people.

Similar situation for this show. Unrealistically stupid girl keeps fucking chads that she knows hates her, and then jumps into the pool with King of Kings Chad McChaddock.

While I really liked 13RW, I don't think it should have gotten a second season

yeah i kinda wish there as just another episode to wrap it up

>not Chad Chadot

Next time friend.

That's literally all it would have needed, not another season. Adding a second season also defeats the point in the first place.

As an Ex high school jock bully. I will say this to all you dumb cunts and faggots. If you kill yourself and give a box of tapes to get back at them. They will not give a shit, they will all listen to them together and laugh at how retarded you are. The news of you killing yourself is an award to a bully, and the bully will brag about making you kill yourself for years. This show 100% glorifies teen suicide!

>what is a person's reaction to every death ever that is not a direct family member

What are the 13 reasons?

i cant tell you
you just have to listen to the tapes

I'm looking at the summaries of them now. They're kind of lame.

The tapes had dirt on people that's why they didn't want to share them.

Some are, others are pretty harsh. Then they add up and she just fucking lost it

One of them isn't even a reason. It's just oh Clay is a nice guy but whatever.

Wait are they saying that the show is so shit it caused their children to kill themselves??? Bit harsh

No shit one fucking show is not the source of the problem you fucking mong.
However a popular show that presents suicide as a means of getting revenge can absolutely influence some impressionable teens.

So the parents knew their kids were depressed and having a really bad time, but instead of actually helping them or getting them therapy, they just ignored it.

But clearly it's the tv show's fault.

why do people keep killing themselves in horrible painful ways that may just disfigure or cripple them, making things even worse? there are easily available way to do it which are painless and are extremely unlikely to have any consequences to your body or brain if you fail. like, can't people do 1 fucking thing right? or is that why they want to die, because they can't do anything right. i don't understand. i for sure have a good plan if i ever need to off myself because of terminal disease or something

That's mostly women and faggots. They aren't serious about offing themselves, they just want attention, hence self-harm scars

Hannah would not have killed herself if Clay raped her.

Why is she so perfect lads?

Oh ya I forgot, teens never killed themselves before this show came out

>watching a show that's so bad it makes you literally kill yourself

idk man
i found her even hotter with short hair

been thinking about kms, if I do it should I implicate this show in my note to get the second season cancelled or no?

no i want a second season
also dont do it user talk to someone

>>fiction that portrays suicide as a good idea

t. i have never watched the show the post

>be bad at parenting and understanding your kids
>blame television and entertainment when something goes wrong
Same shit as usual. People have been blaming television for making people violent for years

>tfw you were a teen growing up in the 80s when dungeons and dragons and heavy metal music were thought to be linked to satanic ritual abuse
>the 80s were almost 40 years ago

If anything I thought this movie really opened the eyes of a lot of people about the dangers of date rape. How bad the outcome can be and how damaging it is to those involved.

Literally this movie revolved around Rape, she was doing fine until bigshot rich boy forced himself on her then everything and everyone got fucked over after that.

Is this implying that Kurt Cobain inspired suicides too?

Short hair hannah > Nice black girl > Clay's Mum > coked up looking black girl > Hannah's friend at the start of the season >>>>> Tattoo and piercings voodoo girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hannah's mum