If he was such a cool badass rebel kid why did he even show up at the saturday detention?

If he was such a cool badass rebel kid why did he even show up at the saturday detention?

Other urls found in this thread:

themercury.com.au/news/scales-of-justice/i-actually-thought-16-was-the-legal-age-tasmanian-teacher-told-police/news-story/0bb05cb686ec76ae819abc04ae0fc3fc
youtube.com/watch?v=bml-q8n2Rd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maybe he wanted to graduate high school

>why did he even show up at the saturday detention
have you ever been in high school detention? it's actually pretty fun hanging out with the other rule breakers. there would be kids doing coke and cracking jokes while some underpaid school aid slept in front. Sometimes we'd just watch a movie or shoot the shit with the teacher.

no, i live in a civilized country.
another question, are teachers paid overtime for coming to work on weekend to wrangle retards?

jesus america is a third world country

That's what you think detention is like, son. In reality it's just picking up rubbish, sorting books or cleaning.

DURR HURR WHERE DID EDWARD SCISSORHANDS GET ALL THE ICE?

t. never been in an american highschool
user I spent the majority of my junior and highschool years in ISS and after school detention. what the fuck do you think is going to happen when you get together a group of degenerates and fuckups? you must have been the one nerdy kid that spent one day in detention for getting beat up by a chad.

you sound like a loser

>why did he even show up at the saturday detention?
Oh, I don't know, because he wanted to get away from his abusive father. and that he needed them as much as they needed him as a friend? It's like you didn't even watch the movie.

Yes.

He probably wanted to see if there was any bad girls in detention who were hot? and have a place to smoke 80s pot.

to escape his dad who burns him with the cigarette

What are some movies where the bad guy is actually the good guy?

You know, I never thought of this? What a glaring hole in the whole movie.

Because if he didn't go the school would of told his dad who would then beat. Please play attention to the plot next time you watch a movie

>american education

I hope you're not proud about having gone to a shit tier school

Okay, where the fuck did you go to school at?

we just a quiet room ruled by a man with a deformed arm, i saw make children cry was quite funny but a complete waste of time

Did you not watch the film? He doesn't want to be at home you Retard

I went to catholic school

detention was sitting at your desk staring ahead. You couldnt rest your head. You couldnt fall asleep. You couldnt read. You couldnt write. You had to sit there for a few hours in silence surrounded by the 'bad kids. The dumb bad kids would talk and stuff and get more detentions.

Who says he needed to stay at home? He could've gone elsewhere. He had friends.

I always wished that I went to a shithole high school like this one.

he didn't get to bring any friends

>there would be kids doing coke

Never been in detention throughout all of public school. What's to stop the kids from just passing the time by reading books or magazines? I'd rather do that than just sit there and write an essay for some asshole principal.

In my school.. the threat of more detentions. 3 detentions of this kind equals suspension. A few suspensions and you get expelled.

In hindsight the school was so poor quality that wouldve been the best decision I could have made at the time.

I liked the 'modern' remake thing where everyones on thier phone and just fucking ignores him and his shitty attitude.

>cleaning
What kind of 3rd world shithole are you from? It was always doing assignments you had for your classes and if you didn't have any you had to ask your teachers for bullshit busy work. Also reading.

Yeah, but Breakfast Club's detention was in a library. There's nothing but a shitload of books. You can hear the door open and then quickly hide the book in your bag or lay it flat on the seat next o you.

In my jr. high and high schools, detention and suspension was in this tiny classroom that wasn't used for anything but keeping the troubled kids in.

They did a modern remake in Degrassi: The Next Generation back in the mid-2000's. This was long before the smartphones hit the scene.

When I was in year 7 my female 20 something teacher closed the door and started playing piano and started picking up rubbish infront of me and when the wind blew the door open she yelled at me for opening it

At the time I sensed something sus, and as an adult, it still seems sus, but I don't know what I'm meant to do in that situation

Don't schools force kids to handover their phones so they don't get distracted? Why not do that in detention?

by picking up rubbish infront of me I mean bending over in her tight mini skirt infront of me to pick up specks of paper

she was hot, still is hot, milf today

Any WW2 movie

I've never been in detention but I do know some kids that were in there often and they'd go to the bathroom and rail lines.

Vernon was not a good guy. I didn't like the teens either, but Vernon was one of those pencil-pushers who wanted to throw his weight around.

Remember that scene in the supply closet where Vernon feinted a strike and Bender flinched? Any half-assed employee in education would spot that's a deeply-embedded reaction to physical/emotional abuse. Bender was a disrespectful punk, but his domestic situation was the root cause of it. Vernon failed Bender big time for not actually doing his damned job as an educator. Instead he played disciplinarian. Not to mention illegally looking at Bender's private records.

kids who usually act out usually don't have a close family or many friends, maybe he felt like he actually fit in there with the other misfits?

same here, apart from the fat teacher fucking the students every now and then.

>themercury.com.au/news/scales-of-justice/i-actually-thought-16-was-the-legal-age-tasmanian-teacher-told-police/news-story/0bb05cb686ec76ae819abc04ae0fc3fc

Bender was a wannabe punk from an affluent white suburb. He'd get his ass handed to him if he grew up in my hometown. I was one of the few white kids and had to fight the blacks and Hispanics during grade school. I bet Bender didn't even do dogging (not the sex one) when he was in 5th grade.

I was tardy a lot because my high school was fucking huge and passing periods were only five minutes long (they eventually extended it to 7 minutes)... detention was never on Saturday it was only after school, and it was basically a study hall.. I was a bad student so I did all my homework at school so I just did that.. you couldn't be tardy for detention which I of course was, because I liked to dick around in the hallways, so I ended up getting a few in school suspensions

Its weird how the thing most comparable to detention are university lectures. Sitting in silence for hours. Maybe that's easy for the good kids but for us bad goys it's weird to sit in silence for hours listening to some asshole read from a book you couldve read from in a shorter amount of time

Fuck lectures

>university lectures.

What a waste of time they were.
>some autist lecturer reading a powerpoint word for word over 2 hours
>stumbles and trips over himself when anybody asks questions

SPACE WARS
No, dad, what about you?
SPACE WARS!
NO! Dad! WHAT about YOU!?

youtube.com/watch?v=bml-q8n2Rd0

Well then bang her idiot.

i dont know how you go about meeting a teacher from 10 years ago

I've never been abused or even got into a fight before and even I'd flinch if someone threw a punch at me, c'mon.

teachers are salaried.

wait by her car in the school parking lot wearing a v for vendetta mask.

>no, i live in a civilized country.

This.

Do Americans actually have to sacrifice their weekends and off-school hours just because some staff member got butthurt?

since the freaky goth girl was the hottest one from the very start, why did they even bother giving her a shitty makeover?

we just sat in a classroom in my detention. It wasn't the breakfast club, but the jaded dude keeping an eye on us didn't give a shit if we just played pokemon for 5 hours either

You didnt do drugs and drink in school? I used to mix vodka and sunkist, almost everyone was wasted.
We had an area where peoole used to snort adderall and smoke weed

>I've never been abused or even got into a fight before and even I'd flinch if someone threw a punch at me, c'mon.

sure but between that and the cigarette burn scars on his arm it's pretty clear what the movie was implying

lol in my school we used to pour rubbing alcohol through a piece of bread into a glass to drink because once some dumbshit claimed that the bread "leeched the toxins" so you could drink it without going blind

the first thing i ever smoked was rolled up paper in woodwork with this guy who hung himself to death a few years later

shoutout to james in hell!

she wasn't goth

I had to go to Saturday school for 2 months straight, during my senior year.
>it's actually pretty fun hanging out with the other rule breakers
Yeah, there was a lot of funny shit that happened.

I've never seen this movie, but they have fucking saturday detention in it? What the fuck is that?

The bad older kids were expert at banter and abuse. You werent witness to that level of disrespect and smart assness in regular school.

A few of those guys I know for certain are in jail now or have been in jail. I came close, I suppose, but I never did.

You had FIVE FUCKING HOURS of weekend detention? Where the fuck are you from in the states? I've never even heard of such a thing.

>she wasn't goth
fuck, whatever she was, i dunno. she was hotter than the redhead is the point

did you at least get a psychosomatic high off it? I convinced myself I was high off of apple seeds and banana peels the first time I tried

it was literally just a piece of rolled up paper, no high, just made us cough and think we were retards

fuck you james! you deserved to kill yourself for making us look like right assholes

Because otherwise you end up at that special school called the Student Discipline Center which is run like a prison camp. It blows fat nigger cock. it's also full of niggers

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

illinois and it wasn't five hours on the weekend, it was one hour a day for a monday thru friday. that's pretty common in the usa I think, or maybe just in schools with a lot of black kids like mine

What a complete surprise...

Judd is probably the dumbest fucking sounding name ever

Asher sounds cool

My mom likes the name Asher, she nearly named me that from what I hear. Fortunately my dad knew the name was for queers.

seems like half the white kids these days are named Hayden Jayden Caden Aiden or Rayden so Asher seems pretty tame by comparison

I needed a nice bedtime story, thx

>he's jelly he's not part of the highest IQ beings on earth

Just think... if you bred with Ally your children might have a chance of not being complete retards like their father.

first post that gets it.

>Characters smoke weed
>They feel more energetic
>They start acting normal a few minutes later