Is it possible to truly appreciate and understand film without ever having experienced love?

Is it possible to truly appreciate and understand film without ever having experienced love?

when so much of cinema (particularly art house cinema) revolves around human relationships and intimacy and desire, how can you really claim to understand it when you have no frame of reference or experience yourself?

Is it possible to truly appreciate superhero movies without having super powers?
Is it possible to truly understand death in a movie without killing yourself?
I was going to watch the dark knight rises but they didn't let me in because i was too small of a guy

If you have high autism levels then no, you cant appreciate and understand something that doesnt resonate with your own experiences.

If you are a normal functioning human with a little something called empathy and theory of mind then you can appreciate film about things you havent experienced yourself.

I can never make it pass the first five minutes of Y Tu Mama Tambien.

I'll have the frog legs :3

It's actually the opposite, I could only appreciate it before I found out how laughably wrong the depiction is.

First of all, you have to bear in mind that most movies don't depict romance in a realistic way at all. They're more influenced by the traditions of the genre and the desires of the audience than by the real life experiences of anyone involved in their making.

Secondly, what this guy said.

What this guy said basically

what is there to appreciate in a superhero film exactly?
no one has a fear of death or has dealt with death at some point in their life?

yes, its call empathy and you should have it you sociopath

>
>what is there to appreciate in a superhero film exactly?
asking the right questions

It's a lie justification/propoganda.

They show a graph showing that populations are heavier older than young, that people aren't reproducing enough.

They don't tell you that keeping an old person alive is fucking cheap and easy, and has been managed for thousands of years.

They don't explain what will happen when the new population ages and needs more people to sustain it, and that this is literally the definition of a ponzi scheme: that the old are constantly paid by the new money coming in - but eventually new money runs out/population hits a critical mass where you're living in Indian/Chinese people per square metre.

Yes.

What about unrequited love?

when was the last time you took a girl out?
any advice?

Yes, in the same way that we can appreciate war movies without serving or movies about death without having lost anyone.

I'm sure those films are more impactful for people who have experienced the same thing in real life, but a good movie should serve as a proxy for the real experience.

You can't understand almost anything without knowing love. Why do you think Sup Forums is such a terrible shithole? This is what happens when unloved weirdos get together. You might think they'd start loving each other, and some weird furries and faggots do find love, but everyone else ends up hating each other and themselves anymore.

Be mean and obnoxious.

I'm not kidding.

but what if im not in middleschool?

LOL yeah dont do this. Just be yourself. if things go well but you acted like someone you're not, then she liked that fake version of you. the biggest thign i see on Sup Forums is dudes being complete pussy neckbeards trying to "court" women which women dont want or what said and act like complete assholes for zero reason

You know what the difference is, right brainlet?

Superhero movies are made by nonsuperhero human beings who've never seen a superhero for people who've never seen a superhero. Movies about death are by people who've never died for people who've never died. But movies about love....? Most people involved in the making and consumption of these movies are non-virgins.

Film is a medium used to communicate complex emotions. That message is lost if the viewer is unable to interpret it. Of course you must have experienced love to really appreciate it as a theme in cinema.

I remember tearing up after 500 days of summer because the relationship on screen so closely resembled my own. How would a neckbeard with a 2D waifu even begin to appreciate the depth and nuance of jolie a deus or total overwhelming cathexis?

You should get to experiencing death right now.

eww no that's gay

>Just be the guy nobody liked for 20+ years, surely it'll work now!!
Great advice

this

Of course some faggot would make a CGI bee Pepe

It actually does. Once you act like a good kind person and you're not around 14 year old retards and have a grown-man body, women will actually like you.

I LOVE EMMA STONE!!!!!!!!!