Religion is fantasy

There is no debate. If you peddle it you're A) Stupid B) Machiavellian C) Both.

"It's true because I believe it's true!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPoY4IFW1lI
youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGhMRBbzY
youtube.com/watch?v=yIRT6xRQkf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stupid and Machiavellian are antonyms.

While I agree, I don't see any reason to talk down to others who believe unless they start a confrontation about it.

Exactly. Fuck Islam most of all--arabjew Christjews and jewjews. Faggot blue pill manginas all

Not for those who think altruism is a good thing rather than insanity.

The altruism debate is a legitimate philosophical debate.

>I don't see any reason to talk down to others

How about the fact that ignorant people behave ignorantly — which impacts your life even if you're not paying enough attention?

If you're in a world with crazy people their crazy behaviors can affect you in some way — and you don't have to be paying attention for that to happen.

Actually, your post is fallacious (false dilemma).

Sharing truth with people is not "talking down" to them.

Did your mother "talk down" to you when she told you not to put a plugged-in toaster into the bath?

Irrational responses to factual information (religion is fantasy) do not put blame on the messenger of said factual information.

Not sure how accurate this list is but I've seen shit like "burn their groves", "steal their women and children (and do with them as you like)", "commit genocide or I'll do it to you", "murdering babies is moral", "mutilation is life", and so on from Judeo-Christian BS.

the list:

1) Kill anyone who insults Islam or Mohammad. (Koran.33;57-61).

2) Kill all Muslims who leave Islam. (Koran.2;217/4;89/Bukhari.9;84-57).

3) Koran can't be doubted. (Koran.2;1).

4) Islam is the only acceptable religion. (Koran.3;85).

5) Muslims must fight (jihad) infidels, even if they don't want to. (Koran 3.151/8,12/2;216).

6) We the non-Muslims are pigs and apes. (Koran. 2;62-65/Koran.5;59-60/Koran.7;166).

7) Muslims cannot be friends with Infidels. (Koran.5;51).

8) We the Infidels are sworn enemies of Muslims and Islam. (Koran.4;101).

9) Infidels can be raped as sex slaves. (Koran.4;3 & 24/5;89/23;5/33;50/58;3/70;30).

10) Infidels the vilest of creatures deserving no mercy. (Koran.98;6).

11) Muslims must terrorize us (Infidels). (Koran.8;12 &59-60/ Bukhari.4;52;220).

12) Muslims must strike terror into non-Muslims hearts. (Koran.8;60).

13) Muslims are allowed to crucify and amputate us (Infidels). Koran.8;12/47;4).

14) Muslims are allowed to behead us (Infidels) (Koran.47;4).

15) Muslims are guaranteed heaven if they kill us (non-Muslims). (Koran.9;111).

16) Marrying and divorcing pre-pubescent children is OK. (Koran.65;4).

17) Wife beating is OK. (Koran.4;34).

18) Raping wives is OK. (Koran.2;223).

19) Proving rape requires 4 (four) male Muslim witnesses. (Koran.24;13).

20) Muslims must lie to us (Infidels) to strengthen and spread Islam. (Koran.3;28?16;106
ISIS practices exactly what Islam preaches.

it was real in my mind

> Sup Forums is red pilled
> Sup Forums is a christian board

pick one

Watch this
>youtube.com/watch?v=zPoY4IFW1lI

Like the Tooth Fairy.

Yes, imaginary constructs are real to that extent.

Why do you think that?

She shouldn't have fucked another man, cucking poor loyal Joseph.

>when a man is reduced to being a woman's donkey leader

> not realizing that the average person is stupid enough that some form of easily absorbed rhetoric (historically religion) is necessary to prevent society from collapsing under the weight of its own degeneracy

> classifying others as not red-pilled

SHIGGGY

That analogy is quite a stretch. What exactly do you think makes warning a child about the potential danger of electricity comparable to telling someone their religion is wrong?

Don't get me wrong - I'm thoroughly convinced that all religions are fantasy, but there's certainly no way to prove it, and no assurance that attempting to convert people to atheism is either generally feasible or desirable. Your analogy suggests that religion puts people in immediate mortal danger, and that simply isn't true in the vast majority of cases.

Interested until revelations quote came up

>That analogy is quite a stretch. What exactly do you think makes warning a child about the potential danger of electricity comparable to telling someone their religion is wrong?

Compare how many people have been maimed, tortured, and killed by appliances falling into baths versus how many have happened due to religion.

>there's certainly no way to prove it,

false

"It's true because I believe it's true" is illogical. That statement, though, is the basis of all religion.

The only people one can't prove it to are those who are incapable of elementary logic.

>The only people one can't prove it to are those who are incapable of elementary logic.
Can you proove it to me please?

the stupid whore standing silently reminds me of the Mexican woman on "family guy"...

no...

"noooo"....

>"It's true because I believe it's true" is illogical. That statement, though, is the basis of all religion.

"It's true because I believe it's true" is illogical. That statement, though, is the basis of all religion.

done

ib4 "I see three lights!"

youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGhMRBbzY

>Compare how many people have been maimed, tortured, and killed by appliances falling into baths versus how many have happened due to religion.

A fair point, but not applicable here - your analogy suggested that religious convictions put those that hold them in danger, not that those people pose a danger to others by holding them (which I do grant is all too often true). I'm curious as to what makes you think the former - the latter we clearly agree on already.

>"It's true because I believe it's true" is illogical.

Totally, but there's a difference between something being illogical and being proven (or provable) untrue. In fact a belief can be both illogical and provably true - I might think the sun will rise tomorrow because god will make it happen, but the illogical belief doesn't mean the sun won't rise tomorrow.

>The only people one can't prove it to are those who are incapable of elementary logic.

I think we're working with different ideas about proof here. Yours is the common sense and informal version where proof means enough to convince someone, and I mean the mathematic/formal logic version, which is more absolute. It's possible to convince people something doesn't exist anywhere, but impossible to prove it.

If you're not familiar with it already I recommend looking up Russell's Teapot - I suspect you'll enjoy it, and it illustrates my point about proving a negative better than I ever could.

I didn't claim it's true because I believe it's true.
I don't understand your light reference sorry. May I ask at which point you object to Christianity?

pathetic souls cry "NO GOD" a lot...

it's a thing amongst democrats

if i try to sell beliefs i am either stupid or cunning or both.
People should understand words before they use them.

when you believe there is no GOD...

and you use it AGAINST me...?...

I understand you are a moron...

>Religion isn't as dangerous as a toaster in tub
lol

>I didn't claim it's true because I believe it's true.

Then you don't have faith. You're not religious.

okay

ad hom is a fallacy

>your analogy suggested that religious convictions put those that hold them in danger, not that those people pose a danger to others by holding them

Wrong. All people are put into danger by irrationality.

>In fact a belief can be both illogical and provably true - I might think the sun will rise tomorrow because god will make it happen, but the illogical belief doesn't mean the sun won't rise tomorrow.

Apples and oranges fallacy. You're talking about two causes and one effect as if they're one cause and effect.

>Yours is the common sense and informal version where proof means enough to convince someone, and I mean the mathematic/formal logic version

Wrong again. The logic I presented is not "informal".

>proving a negative

Irrelevant.

What I did was prove that "It's true because I believe it's true" is illogical

^did this empty hole type stupid shit on 4han?^

^yes it did^

^"empty hole said twat?"^

when you type

muslims look like the subhumans they are

babbling isn't special

^because muslims are great humans^

>because I didn't read the thread at all

I was trying to be cordial, but if you're going to insist on being an arrogant cunt I won't bother.

You're making some good points (most of which I agree with entirely), but going about it in a way that makes little sense and alienates those you seek to bring over to your side. Naming logical fallacies doesn't magically make what you're saying formal logic, and labelling something as "illogical" with no further explanation doesn't support (or even make) your point.

The fact of the matter is that it is not possible to prove a negative - you'd know this already if you actually knew as much about logic as you think you do. You know who else thinks they have it all figured out already? The religious people you hold in such contempt simply because their beliefs don't make sense to you.

Is religion illogical? Of course. Does that guarantee beyond any doubt that it's all false? No, and only an arrogant pseudo-intellectual would think so.

>I was trying to be cordial, but if you're going to insist on being an arrogant cunt I won't bother.
ad hom rage isn't a rebuttal

>but going about it in a way that makes little sense and alienates those you seek to bring over to your side.
moving on from the ad hom fallacy to the tone policing fallacy

>labelling something as "illogical" with no further explanation doesn't support (or even make) your point.
If you are incapable of comprehending why "It's true because I believe it's true" is an illogical statement I'm not going to give you a formal education.

>not possible to prove a negative
false dilemma and apples/oranges fallacies

>You know who else thinks they have it all figured out already? The religious people you hold in such contempt simply because their beliefs don't make sense to you.
false equivalence fallacy

>Is religion illogical? Of course. Does that guarantee beyond any doubt that it's all false? No
Logic failure.

"Is it a living corpse? No. But it's possible that it could be slightly alive."

>only an arrogant pseudo-intellectual would think so.
and back to the beginning (the ad hom) like a typical preacher

>ad hom rage isn't a rebuttal

Calling you a cunt isn't an ad hominem unless it's an attempt to refute your argument by pointing out that you're a cunt. It's just calling you a cunt.

Cunt.

checkmate

(that was easy)

>I'm right because I believe I'm right

Careful there - you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite AND a cunt.

"There is no God. It's true because I believe it's true!" ~ An atheist.

you're just embarrassing yourself

the game has been over for some time now, Mr. Kolrami

youtube.com/watch?v=yIRT6xRQkf8

Two statements in an attempt to rebut a single statement?

try again

>"It's true because I believe it's true!"
Yes, this statement is illogical.
>"Therefore religion is fantasy"
This conclusion has no connection as to whether the statement was illogic or not, and is a borderline non-sequitur.

nope

The definition of religious faith it "it's true because I believe it's true"

I'll write that again so you might be tempted to read it and comprehend it this time:

>The definition of religious faith it "it's true because I believe it's true"

it looks like we've achieved comprehension at last

All I comprehend from what you're saying is that you're a total dickhead who can't accept the possibility that they could ever be wrong, and that everyone else is sick of talking to you too.

you cant disprove that their is some kind of god out there (ie an entity greater than your comprehension in the limitless universe)...therefore you cant comment on it without making assumptions, which are inherently foolish

ad hom again?

snore

faulty logic

The definition of religious faith it "it's true because I believe it's true"

Since "it's true because I believe it's true" is illogical faith is illogical. Since faith is the essence of religion it is illogical.

Your God stuff is red herring.