Emmy nominations

Who should win Sup Forums?

>getting beaten out by zombie time, skeletonbob, sepulcher universe, and nuPPG

alex is a big fat mess.

>SU: The Answer
Fuck that I don't even want it to win if it's for that episode.

Incredibly likely that AT wins

The choices are all terrible, but SU will win because lgbt

Hall of Egress SHOULD win. The others are dog shit.

I'm going to take the next hour or so to watch all these episodes to make sure I have an actual opinion, so just hold on
Even though I've seen Hall of Egress, I'll rewatch it

>Not liking Ruby
Shit taste.
The shittiest.

>The Answer
Literally any other episode would have been better.

What's wrong with the answer

The only cartoon that will win the emmy is either the most popular one, or the one that the judge's kids liked the most.

The only good thing about Ruby is a potential threesome with Sapphire.

The SU and AT episodes running for it are pretty good so they have my vote.

That Spongebob one was not bad either, I think it was one of the first "modern" ones I saw that genuinely got me to laugh again (that and Spongebob doesn't sound as shrill anymore which is a godsend). Haven't seen the Robot Chicken one but the specials tend to be better than the actual episodes.

Ill take any of those over fucking nuPPG princess rap bullshit. How the fuck did that shit get nominated with how sloppy the animation is (AND all the errors) is beyond me.

Not him but I like Ruby and Sapphire. It's just that The Answer is pandering garbage and any other episode from that bomb is better. It Could've Been Great would have been a vastly better pick.

Personally I like "We need to talk".
But I have nothing against the Answer in particular, sans the fact that there're better episodes to choose from.

He deserves it

>Not wanting a bed full of Rubies

>Implying anyone can beat Spongefix Riggingpants

That's only for the KCAs aka: the inhouse thing literal children vote on and doesn't mean much.

>Powerpuff Girls nominated
The fuck.

Sapphire's Ruby is kind of meh, but the homeworld Rubies are pretty bangable except the unibrow one.

>tfw they'll never crash land in your backyard because they idiotically forgot to put fuel in their spaceship before leaving homeworld and get stuck on earth
>tfw they'll never live in your house and be your waifus

Adventure Time is going to win because Cartoon categories in award shows like the Emmys and Oscars are essentially joke categories that nobody pays attention to and they just vote for whatever had the biggest ad campaign.

You just cross fused them until you get a combination you like.

It Could've Been Great is such a good episode

>Best song in the series, even features all the central characters
>Lore
>Get to see Homeworld's plan for Earth
>Gems lay into Peridot

>all of these are nominated for an Emmy
What the fuck

It's going to be either AT or SU, but I feel like We Need to Talk would have worked better for SU. It works far better as a self-contained episode.

>PPG
Now I know why we reeeeee

>We Need to Talk
But that's about a heterosexual relationship!

And it's a great episode that requires less knowledge of the show beforehand to get into. The Answer's only really beats in in background art, even the song's better. Hell, in a lot of ways Sworn to the Sword would have been a better choice.

To be fair to The Answer, it featured a pretty unique art style from the rest of the show that I suspect the crew are pretty proud of.

Indeed, I love the background art for the Answer.
Among the best in the show.

Quality wise The Answer beats the only competition(Hall of Egress).

I mean that's pretty undeniable, it's easily the strongest part of that episode, and has some of the best background art in the show to date. I think from the standpoint of someone who doesn't really watch the show We Need to Talk would make a lot more sense, but I see where they're coming from.

Yeah, I'd definately throw it up to either Hall of Egress or The Answer.

Hall of Egress is no Jake the Brick, but it is still a pretty good episode.
I think the meaning to it is a bit obscure and artsy for kids, but overall its a nice little adventure.

The Answer seems like one of the best SU episodes to do this for. It is structured like a children's story (sugar is even releasing it as such), so there's not really anything you need to KNOW going into it to get the general gist of everything. The other episodes are too reliant on prior knowledge of the series.

Haven't seen the others, but I know nuPPG is garbage so that really aught to just go die.

Yup. Voters for the big awards just vote by the seat of their pants. Most of the voters likely never even watched any of these episodes.

>sepulcher universe
?

>user cant use google

Alex did nothing wrong.

So SU is the sepulcher for GF?

>Implying people won't vote PPG this time out of nostalgia, not realizing or even caring about how disjointed the reboot is

Even though I'm sure nobody cares, he's a short review

Hall of Egress: This episode really reminded me of older episodes. It had a huge emphasis on problem solving and exploration, a dungeon-crawling setting and a sort of world-traveling setting, and a weird etheric sense to the plot that both creeps you out but draws you in. It told the type of story that we want and expect from adventure time.

X-mas United: Kinda mediocre. Like all robot chicken episodes, chock full of references with edgy twists, but it really wasn't that funny. To start, all of the references were mostly from the 00s, like the polar express and the santa clause. You could maybe bill the krampus references to the recent movie, but it's not as if it hasn't been in media before then. It seems like the jokes were needlessly edgy, like an angry middleschooler wrote them. Edgy jokes can be funny, but a lot of the jokes felt forced.

Company Picnic: I thought it was shit, but that's just not accurate enough. There were some interesting bits, but really you just feel drained. The first minute is filled with impressions and age old slapstick routines, like when Squidward gets something in his eye and reaches for water to flush it out but accidentally grabs the hot sauce. If I were a kid watching this I'd wonder if they projected holograms over the stuff, then how did the pen go through the robot, how did the robots move everything around, how did the chum not taste like chum, and if all those things are viable and people don't actually notice what is wrong, why wouldn't plankton sell food that way instead of trying to trick the krusty krew
cont

The Answer: I enjoyed how this episode was directed. The storytelling aspect and character narration should be a part of more media and it's always nice to have backstory on characters that seem mysterious. I'd say the biggest weak point was the song, but even then, it may have just been the awkward lyrics because it's pleasant enough on it's own with the pastel backdrop. The end was pretty corny, but corniness in cartoons is okay as long as it's not happening constantly.

Once Upon A Townsville: This whole episode tried to shove morals down your throat and the morals weren't even the right ones. The episode is obviously about the sort of damsel in distress trope in media and how it correlates to real life. They try to deconstruct the situation in a way that makes everything seem silly and obvious so kids pick the right choice. The end of the episode they do a sort of looking back type of wrap up, but it all falls apart. Yes, the kids learn that it's okay to like dresses or punch stuff or both, but did it have to be so grating? Also, while we're on the topic of destroying stereotypes, maybe they should have put more effort into the hip-hop portion so kids didn't think "white people can't rap"

Here's a ranking of emmy winnability and I guess tl;dr
Steven Universe (for backstory, love story, and art design) > Adventure Time (for being a solid cartoon written well) > PPG (for positive reinforcement and feminist advocation) > Spongebob Squarepants (because it's spongebob and it's the only cartoon people over the age of 50 know about) > Robot chicken

Steven Universe hands down.

Different category. This is short form.